The West Roxbury station is a location in the Commonwealth in 2287. It is situated east of Fallon's department store, south of Milton General Hospital, and southeast of the Milton parking garage. The entrance is inside the building through the blue doors.
Down the escalator stairs is the terminal area, with a counter to the left and doors to the right. Behind the left counter is a chained door that can be accessed after solving a sort of puzzle using switches and train cars. To the right are bathrooms, one being behind a Novice locked door containing a first aid kit. The other bathroom has one stall that is booby-trapped. Back to the left and past the chained door is a long hallway that opens up into a room containing a chem box and minor loot. Continuing down the second hallway is a set of stairs to the left that lead down to the station area.
Once down the stairs is a door around the wall to the right that contains a switch that is part of the puzzle. Back in front of the stairs is a Novice locked security gate that contains another switch. Unlocking the gate is strictly for the experience points, as the switch can be accessed from a hole blown in the wall of the same room. Continuing past the security room is another hallway type area containing a cooler and toolbox with minor loot as well as another switch.
The central platform, in the area between the train cars, has more buttons that control the progress of the cars, allowing access to the rest of the platform. On a bench by two skeletons, Day Tripper can be found.
On the eastern platform is an Advanced locked maintenance room door containing an armor workbench, an Expert locked safe and a terminal. The corridors to the left and right hold more switches as well as some minor loot. Tumblers Today issue #3 can be found in an open locker by the north switch, right next to a lit candle.
By using the subway cars, one can advance to a hidden passage in the southwest corner. After entering the passage, there is an explosives crate to the right behind some concrete blocks. The passage leads south to a locker room and the adjacent stairway (with a grenade trap) goes up to a diner area, with a weapons workbench and steamer chest. The chained door leads back out to the entrance platform.
Once down the stairs in the train area:
- Hit the button in the security room with a hole in the wall, near the bottom of the stairs.
- Go through the train and hit the button to the left.
- Go through the second train, turn right and hit the button at the end of that corridor.
- Go back through the second train arriving at a middle section with a forklift, press the button to the left.
- Go back through the first train to see the mesh grate. Make a left here between the train and wall, squeezing through to the open doorway on the right. One cannot fit through easily while in power armor. One may leave the power armor on the train platform if they wish, as the next area will come out at the station entrance, and one will be able to easily circle back around to get it. Be prepared for several higher-level super mutants in the coming rooms.
- Tumblers Today issue #3 - On the bottom floor, through the trains, in a room to the north of the two skeletons on the east platform.
- Super mutant bladed helmet - In the room at the end of the hallway past the train puzzle.
- Super mutant bracers - In the room with the chained door.
- Hypothesis: To aid in one of his experiments, Doctor Holdren of the Institute's BioScience division asks the Sole Survivor to obtain a tissue sample from a particularly tough super mutant and return it to him.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
- Cleansing the Commonwealth: Knight Rhys gives the Sole Survivor an assignment to clear the location of what he calls "abominations" to further the aims of the Brotherhood of Steel.
- A Permanent Solution: One of the leaders of the Nuka-World raider gangs tasks the player character with neutralizing a target to further their gang's aims.
- When fast traveling to this location, one can find themselves very close to three super mutant suiciders.
- One of the carriages of the second train contains loot which can be taken through the broken window while moving south after getting to a previously inaccessible area of the first platform.
- When at this location companions make comments, which are activated at the platform.
|Curie||"Oh, a choo choo train. Maybe one day the tracks will be clear and we can take a trip."|
|Deacon||"All aboard. Yeah, I know, I couldn't think of anything better. Hey, they can't all be gems, right?"|
The West Roxbury station appears only in Fallout 4.
It is possible to get stuck in one of the tunnels if a companion is commanded to push the button and then the player character boards the train. [verified]