Image needed (Skeleton scenes etc, please see talk page)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
This suburb of Malden was under construction when the bombs fell, built to be a picturesque suburban community similar to Sanctuary Hills in its construction with homes of tomorrow. Already partially completed, the development was occupied for at least a year. On October 23, 2077, the radiation from the nuclear detonations killed all but one of the construction workers where they were.
The Great War was not the end for its occupants, as some of the original residents survived into the next year. This included Ron Cobb, the Ames family (Leon, Lance, Janet and their children) and the Tournquist family, Wayne, Michael and David.
Cobb was a member of the construction crew when the radiation blanketed the vicinity. While the other workers died, he mutated, becoming a ghoul. The Tournquists, by fortunate circumstance and lots of preparation and hard work, managed to get advance warning and retreat back home to their hidden shelter, while the Ames family was away at the time, returning from a family vacation in New York.
Life in the shelter was a combination of fear and sorrow. All the Tournquists could do was listen to the radio and gunfire, which was outside their shelter for three days straight. Sometime between October 26 and November 9, Wayne tried to contact his wife Bonnie at the Mass Bay Medical Center. Unbeknownst to him, the radio message partially made it through, although another nurse heard the message. She left a holotape with her friend Marcie and tried to sneak out to get home, but did not make it through the fighting in the city. Unable to leave the children alone, he could not bring himself to go look for her.
Wayne finally emerged from the shelter the night of January 27, 2078. Their plan to tap into the main from the water tower worked, but the piping took more duct tape than expected and was badly leaking. They did not have any more in the house, so he tried to sneak over to the Cobbs' house across the street. Wayne figured that Ron Cobb would have duct tape because of his occupation in construction. To Wayne's surprise, the cold barrel of a gun was pushed up against the back of his head when he entered. Ron told Wayne to turn around slowly, and he was shocked at the level of radiation poisoning he had. Wayne begged him to stop, but he put the gun in his mouth and cocked back the hammer. He heard the gunshot, but when Wayne opened his eyes, Ron was falling to the ground, and Wayne spotted Lance Ames from down the street upon Wayne's roof. He saw the whole thing and saved Wayne's life. The Ames had just returned after finding themselves stranded in Connecticut.
For the next three months, the Tournquists and Ames worked together to barricade and fortify the neighborhood. To get the biggest part done in a night, together with Wayne, Lance and Leon Ames stole a couple of trucks from the Irish Pride Industries shipyard nearby. Lance had him pull them around to the edges of the yards to start the wall. Wayne, however, flipped his and almost crushed his house. It was another month before they had the rest of the wall ready. They kept watch in shifts, and the kids all enjoyed getting to come outside.
Two months later, Lance and Leon encountered a group of armed men on a scouting run, including several of Leon's former mob associates. Despite Lance's attempts at discretion, Leon divulged a great deal of information to the strangers. They let the pair go, but followed them home.
The strangers, in reality, a group of raiders, later attacked the settlement. Lance was killed while on watch duty, and the raiders overran the estates. Leon surrendered to the raiders, but not before urinating in his pants. They later planned to use him as a shield for when they went back into the city. In the commotion, Wayne took his children and fled under fire.
At some point in the following years, the settlement was overrun by a super mutant band led by Hammer. Hoping to use the location as a position to raid more, Hammer made a trade offer via holotape to Fist of more weapons for more mutants.
There are two entrances to the compound in the northeast and southeast corners. Several of the buildings are destroyed, though most are accessible ruins. There are several radioactive barrels right next to the fast travel spawn point. Raider corpses are sprawled out over the area, with a number of them concentrated near the cooking station in the center of the camp. What used to be Lance Ames' house is located just outside the fortifications in the northeast corner, and what used to be Wayne Tournquist's house is by the water tower to the southwest. This is where the super mutant leader Hammer resides. The entrance to the Tournquist backyard bunker is in the shed adjoining the house. It contains an armor workbench and is the source of the separated family radio signal created by Wayne.
- A leveled suit of power armor - To the south of the estate near some military vehicles.
- Super mutant cage helmet - To the right of the northern entrance, inside the red semi-truck.
- Super mutant chains - On the southern entrance lookout.
- Boston mayoral shelter bathroom key - In the blue house (close to a bridge/Megaloader), inside a dresser in the room with a crib in it.
- Hammer's holotape - In the house with the recording computer, on the counter close to the fridge.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum - Inside the fridge, near the recording computer.
- A Ripper - Next to the entrance to the backyard bunker, lying on the cabinet.
- A Vault-Tec lunchbox - In the house next to the backyard bunker, in the living room by the fireplace.
- A complete collection of all six types of Gwinnett beer: Gwinnett ale, Gwinnett stout, Gwinnett pale, Gwinnett lager, Gwinnett pilsner and Gwinnett brew - On a shelf in the easternmost house.
- Seven bags of cement scattered around the neighborhood.
- A silver bar in an exploded safe behind a collapsed house.
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- According to Lance's terminal, the location had its barricades set up in December 2077 with Wayne's help. However, according to Wayne's record, Wayne did not meet Lance until January 2078, and the wall got set up only a few days before April 3, 2078.
- In the blue house just south of the cooking station is a Boston mayoral shelter bathroom key inside of a dresser. This could indicate some sort of connection to the pre-War Boston municipal government, possibly indicating where the attendant mention in the Boston shelter - mayor's goodbye holotape lived.
- When at this location companions make comments, which are activated at two locations: the entrance and in the backyard bunker. Curie does not offer any unique comments.
- A terminal in Vault 75 lists the children who are registered to enter the vault. The Tournquist boys are listed, but they are not shown as being present.
|Deacon||Front entrance||"Super Mutant behavior is most interesting."|
|Backyard bunker||"West Everrett. Another town swallowed up by the Super Mutants."|
|John Hancock||Front entrance||""|
|Robert MacCready||Front entrance||""|
|Nick Valentine||Front entrance||""|
|Piper Wright||Front entrance||""|
|Preston Garvey||Front entrance||""|
The West Everett Estates appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
- PC Playstation 4 It is possible the raiders will spawn after clearing out the super mutants as well as the brother attacking. This can cause the game to freeze.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Fast traveling to this location can cause falling through the map in some cases.[verified]
- ↑ All the incomplete homes and evidence of construction.
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 292: "[2.29] WEST EVERETT ESTATES
This once-picturesque suburban community is similar to Sanctuary Hills. Currently, it could best be described now as a “transitional” neighborhood. Recently, a Raider gang was overrun by Super Mutants under the leadership of “Hammer.” They are clustered to the south. Be sure to thoroughly inspect the area for a safe (Master) and steamer trunk (Expert), Lance’s terminal (Advanced), and a nearby safe (Advanced). Enter the backyard bunker to locate Wayne’s terminal, another Quantum, and one more trunk."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- ↑ The skeletons of the workers at their break, the skeleton slumped over the table, and the skeleton of the operator of the Megaloader, although one may have made it to an incomplete storm drain and died shortly thereafter.
- ↑ West Everett Estates terminal entries; Wayne's terminal, Made it home
- ↑ Bonnie's holotape
- ↑ West Everett Estates terminal entries; Wayne's terminal, Bonnie
- ↑ West Everett Estates terminal entries; Wayne's terminal, The neighbors
- ↑ West Everett Estates terminal entries; Lance's terminal, The walls
- ↑ West Everett Estates terminal entries; Wayne's terminal, Happy Birthday
- ↑ West Everett Estates terminal entries; Lance's terminal, Leon
- ↑ West Everett Estates terminal entries; Lance's terminal, Look what we have here
- ↑ David's holotape