| ||For an overview of 10mm pistols in the Fallout universe, see 10mm pistol.|
The large-framed, gas-operated N99 was selected as the standard issue conventional sidearm of the United States military, following the phaseout of the N80 in 2051. The long-barreled pistol remained in service for 26 years, until the Great War destroyed the United States. The pistol is designed to withstand the most extreme conditions, which was one of the requirements for a new service sidearm. It can also be repaired easily by anyone with even the most basic technical knowledge. This includes both clearing misfeeds and restoring a unit to working condition after long exposure to elements without maintenance.
These features also make it popular with wastelanders, who appreciate the ease of maintenance. It remains a common weapon, as even though many civilian units were ruined, they can easily be restored by anyone with some repair knowledge. Even damaged units can be used reliably, though they will offer subpar performance and jam frequently. The number of manufactured pistols means that parts are easy to come by, however.
Compared to the standard 10mm pistol, this weathered variant has cleaner and more subdued colors tending to gray. It does more damage than the standard 10mm pistol, and is far more durable. In addition, it has no Guns skill requirement for accurate use, compared to a Guns skill of 25 for the standard model. However, despite the standard 10mm pistol being classified as a holdout weapon, this pistol is not. For a weapon obtained at the start of the game, this pistol is a powerful, reliable weapon in most cases.
The weathered 10mm pistol can fire a total of about 545 standard rounds, the equivalent of 46 reloads, or 35 reloads when modded with the extended magazines, from full condition before breaking.
|Ammunition type||Unmodified||W/ Extended mags|
|Standard, HP & JHP||545||46||545||35|
- 10mm pistol extended mags - increases ammunition capacity (+4).
- 10mm pistol laser sight - decreases spread by 0.4, adds a laser sight effect.
- 10mm pistol silencer - silences the weapon.
- 10mm pistol, the standard variant found throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- Veronica's 10mm pistol, a unique non-playable 10mm pistol used by Veronica. The only difference between it and the standard 10mm pistol is its usage of companion ammunition.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Weathered 10mm pistol||24||66||2.75||x1||24||17||1.4||0.8||12||545||3||1200||400||0||4|
|Weathered 10mm pistol||24||66||2.75||x1||24||17||1.4||0.4||16||545||3||3350||1116.7||0||4|
Appears in the player character's inventory when the Courier's Stash add-on or the Classic Pack pre-order pack is installed and detected by the game.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Applying modifications to this weapon will not update the weapon's appearance; this was introduced as a fix to the missing meshes bug. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Applying modifications to the weapon does update the weapon's appearance; however, the "laser" effect as seen with the standard 10mm pistol can be missing. [verified]
- Xbox 360 Applying modifications to the weapon does not update the weapon's appearance, as well as extending the player character's fingers if they were to view in third person. [verified]
| || |
- ↑ The Lone Wanderer: "Your gun is jammed? Can I take a look at it?"
Pek: "Sure, I guess. Can you fix it?"
The Lone Wanderer: "Sure can. Here, just pull this back to clear the chamber."
Pek: "Wow... that's... that's easy. Now at least I can shoot back at those mutant bastards. Are you ready?"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Citadel terminal entries: N99 10mm Pistol: "The 10mm N99 sidearm was standard issue military gear following the phase out of the N80 in 2051. The N99 was known for its ability to survive in the harshest of conditions and in many tests, the weapon was able to reliably be restored to working condition after an extended period of time exposed to hard elements and without maintenance.
The N99 proved to stand up to its claims and as a result, is one of the most common weapons found in use in the Wasteland. While many civilian weapons were ruined beyond use in the exterior conditions following the war, the N99 is commonly able to be easily restored to working order by anyone with the most basic knowledge of firearm mechanics.
However, an N99 in poor condition can often deliver low target and armor penetration, frequent jamming, and greatly reduced accuracy. Fortunately, the weapon was produced in great numbers and units are available for replacement parts."