The hub of public transportation in Watoga, providing bus and monorail connections to the greater Cranberry Bog area, the transit hub was, like nearly every other public and private service in Watoga, almost fully automated, being marketed as the "future of travel." Monorails connected Watoga to major locations all across Appalachia, while bus transportation supplemented them with short-range destinations. Bus lines included RobCo Research Center, Morgantown, The Whitespring Resort, or Lewisburg.
The Transit Hub staff were unable to deal with potential and future problems that affected the monorail transit system due to the attitudes of the rich Watogans the service catered to. For instance, suggestions to expand the bus service were declined, as the city authorities believed that, for one, Watogan residents would not "degrade" themselves by taking a bus, while the lower cost and higher capacity would bring the "wrong kinds of people" to the area. This was deemed a greater concern than the excessive risk of a major multi-car collision on the overloaded monorail tracks. To cope with the volume of passengers, the stopping distances had to be cut to a minimum so that additional monorail cars could be used. As such, a single lapse in brake performance would result in a pile-up and paralysis of the entire system.
One of the major landmarks in the heart of Watoga, the location is easily identifiable due to the monorail car sitting at the station. The hub consists of a lobby with an elevator leading up to the monorail station itself. Just across the station is the Watoga Estates.
- Draft of Allegheny Asylum article - Note, in a bus outside the building.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - Inside the level 3 locked room, next to the fusion generator.
- Two potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- In the lobby, on the far left side of the main reception desk with the locked (3) front desk terminal on it.
- Inside the locked room (3), across from the fusion generator, on the desk with a busted terminal.
- Two potential magazines:
- On the first floor, behind the reception desks and lockers in the broken elevator shaft, next to a skeleton.
- Inside one of the buses, opposite the baby carriage.
- Potential armor/power armor/weapon mod plan - Inside the locked room on top of the computer machinery next to a cardboard box.
- Two fusion cores:
- One in a generator inside the locked room.
- Inside the power armor frame in the same room.
- Mini nuke - Inside the locked room on the first floor, on a metal shelf next to the doorway.
- Two potential weapon mods:
- Directly north of the fusion generator in the locked room, sitting on the machinery.
- Inside the locked room on top of the computer machinery next to a cardboard box.
The Watoga Transit Hub appears only in Fallout 76.
- Item locations
- Voice of Watoga: "The Transit Hub of Watoga offers monorail and bus services to the greater Cranberry Bog area and beyond."
(Voice of Watoga's dialogue)
- Signage above the Transit Hub door exiting to the bus station area.
- Watoga Transit Hub terminal entries; front desk terminal; New Bus Lines Proposal
- Watoga Transit Hub terminal entries; front desk terminal; Collision Danger
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, p. 495: "WATOGA TRANSIT HUB
The large green, orange and white structure to the northwest of the city is the Civic Center. Check for the entrance (ground level) and a fire escape to the rooftops on the eastern side of the structure. This leads to the Civic Center rooftop (with an elevator from inside the center you can access), where you can inspect a landed Vertibird and a giant Scorchbeast nest (a huge lump of mud and detritus close to the Vertibird). From the roof, you can also access the walkway and elevator to the monorail bridge and the Watoga Transit Hub. Head east along the roof to reach a walkway to the adjacent apartment block (only the roof here is accessible) with another parked Vertibird.
Inside, you can fully explore a large stadium with a wooden floor in the center, surrounded by seating on all sides. You can go up three additional levels, including locked VIP areas and three separate kitchens! There's a wealth of items to gather here, so be sure to learn your exits."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)