Once the heart of Watoga's school system, Watoga High was notable for its excellent quality of technical education and a history curriculum best characterized as corporate propaganda, focusing on RobCo Industries and Vault-Tec Corporation as giants of the American economy. In keeping with the principles of individual liberty and happiness, the school also mandated a strict uniform policy, restrictive nutrition guidelines and, in the case of costume-centric events like Halloween, an Appropriate Costume Guide. Protectrons were stationed throughout the school to enforce the policies, which included scanning all incoming packages - something the older kids, smuggling in moonshine from holdouts not yet ejected by the corporate goons, learned the hard way.
The school was one of several participating in the pilot Sugar Management and Re-education Terminal program (SMART) launched by the Federal Fitness Registry and RobCo Industries, allowing students to trade in candy in exchange for a variety of items vetted by professional educators and fitness experts with the goal of fostering physical and/or academic development. Ostensibly, by helping them learn to make SMART choices about their diets and exercise, the program was to ensure a strong and reliable citizenry, able to adapt and thrive in these difficult times (and obey authority).
Watoga High School is located in the southeastern part of the city, just next to Watoga station. Access is possible through either the front door, leading directly into the lobby, and the side stairwell that leads to the roof.
The interior of the high school has two floors, oriented around the main lobby with a bronze lion statue. Just next to the main entrance is the main stairwell that leads to the roof. From the lobby, exits lead into all the four cardinal directions.
The northern half of the building contains the teachers' office and headmaster's office, as well as the two-level auditorium on the ground floor and the wardrobe for pupils appearing in the play. The curtain can be moved up and down from the booth or using buttons on the support columns, while the upper floor can be accessed through a staircase leading to the upper viewing box. The upper floor on the northern half contains the restrooms, break room for teachers, and the science lab with chemistry stations.
The eastern part of the building includes a curved dining area for pupils and teachers that connects the main staircases leading to the upper floor and the two halves of the building. There is also the art gallery, with a robobrain teacher, Vincent May-Lilly, still milling about and examples of the pupils' artistic skills.
The southern half of the building includes the two-floor library, the chemistry station lab, and the cafeteria in the eastern corner, which also includes the Watoga High School's steamer trunk. On the upper floor are the library mezzanine, the history classroom, and the cafeteria's balcony.
- Reginald Reinhold - Headmaster
- Allonso - Cafeteria chef
- Mr. Chiaverina - Photography teacher
- Mr. Dobert - Physics teacher
- Clara Duran - Teacher
- Ms. Gudkina - Math teacher
- Mr. LeMay - Chemistry teacher
- Mr. Lemon - Psychology teacher
- Vincent May-Lilly - Robobrain art teacher
- Mr. Miller - Drama teacher
- Mrs. Roesch - German teacher
- School announcer - P.A. system
- Ms. Way - Teacher
- Ms. Werner - English teacher
- Mr. White - Music teacher
- Dr. Zagorski - Biology teacher
- Booze run - Note, on a desk inside the history classroom on the second floor.
- Concerned mother - Holotape, in the headmaster's office, on a shelf.
- Herald editorial on Allegheny Asylum - Note, on a table in the library.
- Memo on candy - Note, on a counter in the kitchen of the cafeteria.
- November announcements draft - Note, on a desk in the headmaster's office, beside his terminal.
- Student's poem - Note, on a table in the computer science lab.
- Five potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On the roof, next to the tents, on an air vent.
- On the second floor, in the headmaster's office, on the curved desk, beside his terminal and the November announcements draft.
- In the kitchen adjacent to the cafeteria, in an open refrigerator.
- On the first floor, in the art studio, on one of the long wooden tables.
- In the auditorium, in the director's office behind the seating, on the long desk with the green chair and destroyed terminal.
- Five potential magazines:
- On the northeast corner of the roof, above the entrance to the auditorium, next to a toilet near a teddy bear and garden gnome.
- On the lower level of the library, on the low shelf of the long curved wood book check-out desk.
- In the northwest corner of the cafeteria, on the wooden dining table with the black-and-orange place settings.
- On the upper level, in the southwest corner of the history classroom, on a wooden school desk.
- In the auditorium, on the balcony to the south with the stool and stage lights, on the small gray speaker.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - On the roof, next to the body of a Brotherhood of Steel member.
- Plan: Chemistry workbench - Inside the science room, next to a chemistry station, on the left.
- Fusion core - On a cart in the science room.
- Potential recipe - At a campsite on the roof.
- Potential weapon mod - On the upper floor, in the lounge room, inside a locker at the south wall.
- Potential power armor mod - On the roof, next to the Brotherhood corpse, behind the power armor chassis.
- Two Stealth Boys:
- Inside a bus to the immediate north of the Watoga High School parked buses, to the left.
- Inside a Picklock 2 window in the history classroom, in the southwest corner.
- Mini nuke - Inside a Picklock 2 window in the headmaster's office along the western wall.
Watoga High School appears only in Fallout 76.
- ↑ Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 501: "37. WATOGA HIGH SCHOOL
Watoga High School offered the latest in technological learning before the bombs dropped. Now it is little more than a rusting shell, despite having some intact classrooms and a still-impressive auditorium. Enter via the lobby, the auditorium, or the roof access doors. Scour the parking lot (checking the radioactive school bus for a possible collectible), and use the exterior stairwell near the train station to reach the roof for some additional items, including a possible Power Armor frame. Also check out a tent and sleeping area."
- ↑ Watoga High School terminal entries; history class terminal, Lesson Plan
- ↑ Watoga High School terminal entries; announcement terminal, Happy Halloween!
- ↑ Watoga High School (note)
- ↑ S.M.A.R.T. choice machine terminal