Background[edit | edit source]
This massive public building dominates northwestern Watoga and served as a venue for matches, concerts, public debates and more. In a rush to replace all human workers, RobCo and AMS replaced sportsmen too, leaving the sports venues dominated by robotic teams nobody could tell apart. The result was easily foreseen, as the ticket sales were only 50% of the projected amount, leaving the ambitious project in danger of bankruptcy.
The management turned to more creative uses of space, such as an Antiques Show. It was a surprise to both the management and the rich citizens of Watoga. To the former because the supposedly upper-class denizens brought in "antiques" that were last year's merchandise, with the oldest piece being a TV from 2076. The only beneficiary was the owner of Appalachian Antiques, who sold everything she had. It was all artificially aged fakes, in truth, but since wealth cannot buy taste or competence, the Watogans were none the wiser.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The civic center is dominated by the central stadium, with three seating sectors surrounding it and a concourse running around the entire building. The concourse connects to several cafeterias and other stadium facilities, with the restrooms in the eastern part of the building. The staircases in the eastern section connect to VIP boxes overlooking the stadium and offices for the civic center. The basement locker rooms are accessible from the stadium floor.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Be more careful - Holotape, found in room 1 of section B.
- Sideshow Snallygaster - Part 2 - Holotape, in the concession booth near section B5.
- V.I.P. booth offer - Note, inside the building, within the concession booth, near a steamer trunk.
- You smart bastard - Holotape, on a bench in the locker room.
- Ideas for new match types - Note, on a counter in the room across from Hal Gleeson.
- Arena slave quarters key - Obtained during The Ol' Weston Shuffle. Opens two slave quarter doors.
- Prove your worth - Note, attached to a pike.
- Three potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On a front-row seat in section B3.
- In the upper area, in the middle locked (key) VIP suite, on the bar stool by the safe.
- In the upper area, in the north VIP suite, on the tall ashtray beside the cigarette machine.
- Three potential magazines:
- In the lower cafeteria area, in the southeast corner, to the left of the double-door exit to Appalachia, on the table of the corner booth.
- In the upstairs cafeteria area, across from the "B4" sign, near the southeast corner, on the third booth back from the corner.
- In the upper kitchen area, north of the "B5" sign, on the corner countertop.
- Power armor chassis with T-series armor pieces - In the main arena, at the west wall.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Watoga Civic Center appears only in Fallout 76.