On the first floor, there are two small suites on the east side with destroyed walls; between them is an elevator that leads back outside, just above the main entrance. If the related quest has been started, a door to the west leads to the stairway to the second floor, which consists of a single hallway with an industrial light and a turret at the eastern end. The only accessible doorway on this floor is at the end of the hall on the right, leading to two apartment rooms connected through a broken wall serving as Kendra's residence.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - On the first floor, in the southeast corner room on the shelves near the TV.
- Racetrack advertisement - On the first floor, in the southeast corner room on the TV.
- Four mine variants - On the second floor, in a box to the left of the chemistry station.
- Contract: Shelly Tiller - On the second floor, on the body of Kendra.
- In the first-floor fridge are four wooden blocks and a #8 pool ball. They spell "Its L8," meaning "It's Late."
- If this location is visited before the Silver Shroud quest is triggered, the doorway that leads to the second floor will be boarded up and inaccessible.
The Water Street apartments appear only in Fallout 4.
As with many elevators in the game, sometimes, when one enters the elevator and presses the elevator button, the elevator will close but then run forever. [verified]
- This may be related to the positioning of the player character and/or their companion when starting the elevator. Having your companion get in first and move to the back of the elevator, then issuing the stay command, may prevent the bug from occurring. Jumping around inside the elevator may also cause it to become "unstuck."