Image needed (The screen shots in the SRB terminals)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help Nukapedia by uploading it.
The Watcher Initiative is an ambitious surveillance program of the Institute, spanning the entire Commonwealth. By using synthetic animals (mostly birds like Ravens) as observation platforms, the Synth Retention Bureau is capable of receiving a wide array of intelligence in real time. However, the fine nature of the technology means that Robotics cannot exactly manufacture them en masse. Watcher pods are assigned on an as needed basis to monitor priority locations. in 2287, this includes 4 pods at Diamond City, 3 at Goodneighbor, 2 at Fort Hagen and Libertalia, and 1 at Covenant, Warwick Homestead, and Vault 81.
The use of these watchers is known to both the Minutemen and The Railroad and is likely common knowledge among most of the other factions in the Commonwealth. But due to the watchers being synthetic birds; capturing or disabling them is likely to resource heavy and time consuming for most factions.
- ↑ Art of Fallout 4
- ↑ Watcher Initiative testing log
- ↑ Alana Secord: "Oh, yes. Uhh... Watchers have not shown any additional threats at this time. We're still monitoring increased activity around Fort Independence, though there's no immediate cause for concern. Boston International Airport remains occupied, and Brotherhood presence has been noted at several other locations. And, uhh... Despite a lack of concrete evidence, we have reason to believe that the "Railroad" continues to operate within the Commonwealth. Personally I suspect they're becoming more ambitious, but I can't confirm that at this time. For now, we have assets monitoring all known situations."
(Alana Secord's dialogue) Note: These lines are a part of Inst303DirectorateOpeningScene.
- ↑ The Institute terminals; Watcher Allocation: "CURRENT WATCHER ALLOCATION
Diamond City: 4 pods
Fort Hagen: 2 pods
Warwick Homestead: 1 pod
Goodneighbor: 3 pods
Covenant: 1 pod
Vault 81: 1 pod
Libertalia: 2 pods"
Note: This entry is among those that are inaccessible.
- ↑ Ronnie Shaw: "We've seen a lot of those Institute crow-things sniffing around. Looks like they're getting ready to try to take us out."
(Ronnie Shaw's dialogue)
- ↑ Deacon: "You see those little raven bastards - they could be Watchers. Reporting everything back to the mother ship. So, the Institute wasn't content with just creating synth people. Oh no, they have synth birds, too. Or wherever the Institute's hiding. So smile for the pretty birdies."