The merchant appears high on some sort of drug, rambling about the wasteland being alive. He dies as the Lone Wanderer tries to make sense out of him. The wasteland merchant note, which can be taken from his corpse explains that he was offered a drink from the strange residents of some "green mountain."
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
- His home station clearly seems to be Megaton, as he has the lines "Carting his things back to Megaton" as well as "Folks in Megaton won't be needing it anymore". The latter line refers to the town being blown up by the atomic bomb in the town center.
- After the encounter with the living merchant, a marker for Oasis will appear on the Pip-Boy map if it was not already there.
- "I saw life! Life is returning to the Wastes! The Great One brings it to all of us!"
- "I've seen the ground reaching to the sky with its outstretched arms. The Wasteland is reborn!"
- "Don't you see? The Great One has gifted us all! It's a second chance!"
The wasteland merchant appears only in Fallout 3.