Located just off of Interstate 59, outside of the capital city of Charleston, Wade Airport was the local airport for the southern region of Appalachia. From here, civilians and politicians could fly in and out of the capital city with ease, and not have to drive all the way up to Morgantown to fly out of the region. The airport housed civilian, military, and commercial aircraft. Several such aircraft and their spare parts can be found on the tarmac, in hangars, and along the terminal.
At the northern end of the runway, there is a Skylanes Air crash site. This incident appears to have happened on the day of the Great War, as there are firetrucks around the area. One of the wings is partially in the air traffic control building. The tarmac and some of the out-buildings have been fortified by super mutants.
It is a public workshop with Claim and Defend events. It also features a Poseidon power box, increasing the workshop's power for a time after completion of Powering Up Poseidon. It also comes with two Vertibot landing pads and three heavy gun emplacements for defending the workshop.
- Guard note - Note, inside the security gate hut by the tarmac entrance, on the counter by a broken terminal.
- Landon's note - Note, inside of the main airport terminal, on the ground, near the crashed Vertibot, in the hand of a skeleton.
- Raider power armor - Inside of a blue truck trailer at the south end of the runway with a skill 2 lock and a plasma mine underneath it.
- T-series power armor - In the hanger at the northeast edge of the airport, beside the control tower.
- Fusion core - At the top of the air traffic control tower, on the desk, to the right of the broken console.
Wade Airport appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
Wade Airport is based on the real-world Yeager Airport and McLaughlin Air National Guard Base, which are similarly located northeast of the city of Charleston, WV. The 130th Airlift Wing of the West Virginia Air National Guard is stationed at McLaughlin, which may explain the military presence at Wade Airport in-game.
The wall next to the westernmost exit at the bottom level of the parking garage can be seen and walked through when approached from the inside of the garage.[verified]