WV Lumber Co. is a location in the Forest region of Appalachia. It had been overrun by super mutants since the Great War. In 2102, the Free Radicals cleared the super mutants and made the lumber mill their main base of operations.
One of the staple companies of Appalachia located along Route 81A in Friendly, West Virginia, the WV Lumber Company was notable for continuing to employ an all-human workforce, offering good pay, good hours and overall going against the grain of the Appalachian economy, in addition to having a stunning view of the Ohio River.
WV Lumber Co. is a large lumber mill located near a set of train tracks, where the lumber was loaded onto train cars to be shipped to the rest of the region.
The central lumber mill building contains heavy machinery as well as office space and a locked (Picklock 1) safe. There is a chemistry station on the second floor. A cooking station is outside to the north of this building, next to a skeleton and duffle bag, to the north of the main building. There is also a tinker's workbench, armor workbench, and another chemistry station located in the various sheds around the location.
- Holotapes and notes
- Lugnuts vehicle modifications - Holotape, on a white table near the modified limousine.
- The Wayward interrogation - Holotape, inside the underground of the office, on the cabinet beside Roper.
- The end of Razorhandle's career - Note, on the floor of a port-a-potty near the barn.
- Whats the smell? - Note, inside the underground of the office, on a white table near Roper.
- Three potential Vault-Tec bobbleheads:
- On the edge of the roof, in the waste bin.
- In the partly ruined maintenance garage next to the stacked squared-off lumber, inside the structure with the "protect your hands" poster.
- Inside the red barn storage warehouse, on the raised area by an upturned filing cabinet and first aid box.
- Four potential magazines:
- To the east, in the metal warehouse with a chemistry station, on a metal desk.
- In the main mill building, on the middle floor with the large table saw, on a dining table near the stairwell.
- To the east of the main building, on top of a single metal barrel next to a large light green container with a ladder.
- In the guard tower of the building to the left of the blue and white camper, on a table. There's a turret on the stairs.
- Other loot
- Power armor chassis with raider armor pieces - At one of the power armor stations in the two-story metal building at the east side of the complex.
- Two fusion cores:
- In the fusion generator in the lower level of the central lumber mill building on the west side of the complex.
- In the warehouse near the modified limousine, on a desk with a broken terminal, on the left.
- Potential armor mod - Near an armor workbench in the two-story metal building at the east side of the complex, on a wooden crate, on the right.
- Potential weapon mod - At the metal warehouse, on a rolling table, in a blue basket.
- A chainsaw can rarely spawn on the table in front of the fusion generator on the interior's lower level.
- Significant amounts of wood piles around the location.
WV Lumber Co. appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and may be inaccurate.|
The location holds multiple references to the Mad Max film series, including vehicles outfitted with spikes, mentions of a harpoon gun welded to a car, and large jets of flame that spray out from behind a throne.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- A job opportunity
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.295: "17. WV LUMBER CO.
In the remote northwestern corner of Appalachia is an abandoned lumber mill, close to the river and the blocked railroad tunnel to the north. There are telltale signs of Super Mutant activity, so enter with care and with enough room in your inventory to gather the copious scavengeable items. Check the main metal warehouse for a possible Power Armor frame."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)