The WKML Broadcast Station is located in the northwest section of the Capital Wasteland in 2277. It is situated just south of Fort Constantine, north of Faded Pomp Estates, northwest of Silver Lining Drive-In, west of Drowned Devil's Crossing, and east of Dickerson Tabernacle Chapel.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Outside, a single ramp leads to the broadcast station. This station houses the source of Signal Kilo Bravo and the location of the Explosives bobblehead. Inside, there is a desk off in the corner and a partially destroyed panel of sorts on the wall opposite to the desk.
After going up the long set of stairs to the WKML building site, the sealed cistern can be located south-southeast of the building itself. One can walk directly south behind the station, over and down the rock cliffs, and the entrance grate will be to the left. Or, look for the part of the cliff behind the station that has an overhang; the grate is directly below this overhang. The entrance says, "Drainage gate to sealed cistern."
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Explosives bobblehead is inside the sealed cistern which can be hard to locate. Start by looking for the three broadcast towers. Go to the eastern tower, then head south-southwest off the cliff. The sealed cistern is on this same level, to the east. From here, the sealed cistern will also show up on the local map.
- One Stealth Boy is found on the table in front of the ham radio.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all radio stations, the Pip-Boy will detect the Signal Kilo Bravo radio signal if the power to the antenna is turned on; however, in this case, the power switch is inside the WKML building instead of near an actual antenna.
- The radio signal transmission can be activated by throwing a switch on the east wall inside of the WKML building.
- This is a location for a 'Type A' random encounter.
- The sealed cistern is a small, tight area. Be cautious of bringing in large followers, such as Fawkes, as they may block the exit. The best thing to do is to make them wait outside. If you're already stuck, and cannot access the door, dismissing them may be the only option, besides reloading an earlier save.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The WKML Broadcast Station appears only in Fallout 3.