- The vulture's NPC record has data marking it as a flying enemy, similar to the scorchbeast.
- A fully functional animation skeleton exists in the game's files.
- One developer note within a vulture race keyword reads, "temp until we have a real vulture race".
Behind the scenes
- The vulture was originally a concept design for the scorchbeast, but was cut in favor of the bat model during development.
- References to the vulture still exist in the quest Heart of the Enemy. The viable scorchbeast DNA has an editor ID of BoSz04_VultureDNA.
- The finished model for the vulture has been present in the game's files since launch, but was only posed and placed in-game as of the Wastelanders update. Lead level designer Steve Massey jokingly described the addition as someone going "rogue" during Wastelanders' development.