The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Speaking to Ward at Foundation reveals that someone has stolen a piece of equipment from the Settlers, and he requests that it be recovered. He provides a tracking beacon for the Pip-Boy to use to track the equipment down.
Travel to the location on the map where the equipment is, utilizing the tracking beacon to locate it. It will usually be found in a fast-travel location within the radius of the marked area. Once located, the equipment is either in the hands of a Raider or Blood Eagle thief. If a Blood Eagle has it, kill them to recover the equipment and return it to Ward. Offering to donate the reward grants a boost in reputation with the Settlers.
If the equipment is in the hands of a raider, a SPECIAL check in conversation (provided the raider is non-hostile) will prompt the raider to keep the equipment in return for paying the Vault 76 residents off to keep quiet on the matter, earning reputation with the raiders in exchange for losing some with the settlers. Alternatively, the residents can kill them in order to recover the equipment, which will allow for a similar result as to if it was recovered from a Blood Eagle.
- Autumn Acre cabin
- Bailey family cabin
- Berkeley Springs
- Big Maw
- Blake's Offering
- Drop site C2
- Flooded trainyard
- Gulper lagoon
- Knife Edge
- Monongah power substation MZ-01
- Monongah power substation MZ-02
- Pleasant Valley cabins
- R&G Processing Services
- Ripper Alley
- Sons of Dane compound
- Sunday Brothers' cabin
- Intrusion module
- Medical scanner
- Multifrequency scrambler
- Osmosis kit
- Portable power pack
- Water cooled bone saw
- PC The Foundation reputation may not increase if the reward is donated.[verified]
- This can be mitigated by not skipping through Ward's dialogue lines and by backing out of the dialogue window and trying again when he says one of his generic lines while the dialogue window is open.
- PC Xbox One Ward will not give out the instructions to obtain the equipment, making it impossible to finish the quest.[verified]
- PC Finding any of the quest items while not having the quest active allows for instant completion of the daily quest without removing the item and never changing dialogue for further daily quests, thus allowing for instant turn in of the daily quest for the future.[verified]