SPECIAL according to the Vit-o-maticEdit
|1||Wet Noodle||Deaf Bat||Basically Dead||Misanthrope||Sub-Brick||Walking Disaster||13 Pitch-Black Cats|
|2||Beached Jellyfish||Senile Mole||Crumbly||Old Hermit||Vegetable||Accident Prone||Broken Gypsy Mirror|
|3||Doughy Baby||Squinting Newt||Do Not Bend||Creepy Undertaker||Cretin||Oaf||Sickly Albatross|
|4||Lightweight||Unsuspecting Trout||Handle With Care||Peevish Librarian||Knuckle Head||Butterfingers||Spilled Salt|
|5||Average Joe||Wary Trout||Stain-Resistant||Substitute Teacher||Knowledgeable||Under Control||Coin Flip|
|6||Barrel Chested||Alert Coyote||Hardy||Cheery Salesman||Gifted||Catlike||Stacked Deck|
|7||Beach Bully||Big-Eyed Tiger||Tough-as-nails||Diplomat||Smartypants||Knife Thrower||Lucky 7|
|8||Circus Strongman||Monocled Falcon||Flame Retardant||Movie Star||Know-It-All||Knife Catcher||Leprechaun's Foot|
|9||Doomsday Pecs||Sniper Hawk||Bullet Proof||Casanova||Genius||Acrobatic Marvel||21-Leaf Clover|
|10||Hercules' Bigger Cousin||Eagle with Telescope||Unstoppable||Cult Leader||Omniscient||Walks on Water||Two-Headed Coin Flip|
- The Vigor Tester has a set of hand-prints on its screen (only visible when looking at it and not using it).
- Doc Mitchell will comment on extreme special stats. For example;
- If your lowest stat was an Intelligence of 2 and your highest was a Strength of 8 he would comment on your lack of Intelligence. However, if your Strength had been 9 he would comment on your high strength, as the higher stat takes priority in the event of a draw.
- If your character has two highest stats of an equal extreme, for example, a Perception of 8 and a Luck of 8, he will comment on the one farthest down in the word SPECIAL.
- However if the Courier's stats range from between 4 being the lowest stat(s) and 7 being the highest stat(s), no matter the combination, Doc Mitchell will mention that the Courier has "a pretty standard score" instead.
- Mr. New Vegas claims to have used a Vigor Tester to measure his Charisma, and the machine exploded.
|Strength||Low||"That's some serious atrophy, even for someone who's been in bed awhile. It's a wonder you can move at all."|
|High||"Surprised anybody'd want to tangle with you. Heck, you could go deathclaw hunting with a switch."|
|Perception||Low||"Now I ain't no optometrist, but maybe we should fit you for some glasses while you're here."|
|High||"Nothing gets by you, huh? Coulda used you when I lost my keys last month."|
|Endurance||Low||"I just don't get it. A stiff breeze'd tear you in two but a couple of bullets and you're right as rain."|
|High||"I guess that explains how you're still alive. You're built solid as an oak."|
|Charisma||Low||"Huh. Must be some frontal lobe damage."|
|High||"Good to see them bullets didn't affect your charm none."|
|Intelligence||Low||"Sorry, son/little lady. I fixed up your head as best I knew how. I guess I missed a spot."|
|High||"Look at that. Maybe them bullets done your brain some good."|
|Agility||Low||"Don't have all your coordination back yet, looks like. You should think about doing some rehab."|
|High||"Most patients don't get out of bed after being shot and then move like they was in perfect control. You're unusual, I'll say that."|
|Luck||Low||"Now that don't make a lick of sense. Seems to me you're the luckiest son-of-a-gun in New Vegas."|
|High||"With Luck like yours I'm surprised them bullets didn't just turn right around and climb back into the gun."|
|All||None||"Yep, that's a pretty standard score there. But after what you been through, I'd say that's great news."|
The Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The Vit-o-matic Vigor Tester was designed by Eric Fenstermaker.
- James Garcia created the 3D model for the Vigor Tester.
PC When using the Vigor Tester, clicking on the up/down arrows to increase or decrease a statistic, or the left/right arrows to shift between statistics, may not work. If this happens, it may be that the game thinks that the arrow is somewhere else, in which case clicking elsewhere on the screen will produce the desired result. Another workaround is to use your keyboard's arrow keys (NOT the W, A, S, D keys) to increase/decrease statistics and shift between statistics.[verified]