It is the head of the Fiend leader Violet. It is part of the quest Three-Card Bounty where the Courier must kill her and take her head back to Major Dhatri at Camp McCarran. If the head is damaged in any way, for example, by killing her via headshot, Dhatri can't determine the identity with certainty and will offer fewer caps as a reward.
- Killing her with a headshot or by any means that damages her head reduces the price of her bounty to 50 caps and it becomes Violet's mangled head in the inventory.
- 250 caps for an intact head.
- NCR Fame.
- If the Animal Friend perk is active, her dogs will not be hostile.
- With the Bloody Mess perk, it is possible that even when using V.A.T.S., her head will explode or be damaged, decreasing the reward.
- If she is killed and her head taken prior to accepting the quest Three-Card Bounty, she can respawn, allowing a second head to be obtained. Should two or more heads be obtained, they cannot both be turned in for a bounty, extra heads can only be removed with console command (player.removeitem f81be X to remove intact heads, or player.removeitem 104173 X to remove mangled heads. Replace "X" with the number of heads to remove).