This casino is named after the outlaws Vikki and Vance. When the player first encounters it, the casino will be filled with Primm townsfolk. They have barricaded themselves inside because of the escaped convicts who have taken over the exterior areas of the town and killed the sheriff.
In order for the casino to reopen, you must first finish the quest My Kind of Town. A few days after this, you will encounter a New California Republic deserters, led by Layla, in the casino. The casino will reopen for business three days after your interaction with her.
Inside the entrance are rows of Slot machines. Beyond is the casino floor, which is dominated by the Death car: the car Vikki & Vance were driving when they were shot and killed. On the left is the cashier, where (once gambling begins again) the player can buy chips.
- The Vikki and Vance offers Blackjack, Roulette, and Slots.
- The Vikki and Vance pays 3:2 on blackjack, and the dealer must stand on 17's.
- Rewards and Ban
As the player earns chips, the casino offers increasing gifts:
- 625+ chips = 20 more Vikki and Vance Casino chips
- 1,250+ chips = Stealth Boy
- 1,875+ chips = leather armor, reinforced
Once the player has earned 2,500+ chips, the casino will ban the player permanently.
- My Kind of Town
- A Team of Moronic Mercenaries
- A Pair of Dead Desperados, I
- Big Winner, Vikki & Vance
- A display case in front of the "Death car" is supposed to hold Vance's 9mm submachine gun, but it has been stolen. Talking to Primm Slim after discovering this will reveal that he is convinced it is still there. A Science skill of 50 will allow you to access an audio log documenting the theft. The gun can be found in the Wins hideout.
- Once the player has successfully completed My Kind of Town and chosen a sheriff, the townsfolk will leave the casino.
- Once you've resolved the confrontation peacefully, most items and containers previously marked as owned will become unowned. This will allow the player to loot them without incurring a Karma penalty. There are a few exceptions, most notably the cash registers and the locked safes; they will still be marked as owned and opening them will incur Karma loss. If you kill Layla and the deserters instead of a peaceful resolution, all items and containers will remain owned.
- Oddly enough, if you go to the back room of the casino, you will see a framed article about a resident being splattered on the Bison Steve Hotel rollercoaster.
- Being banned from gambling at the Vikki and Vance does not affect the progress of completing the achievement/trophy The Courier Who Broke the Bank.
- Although Primm Slim tells The Courier that Vikki and Vance perished while caught in the crossfire between police and a gang of bank robbers in Plano Texas, the Death Car on display in the museum appears to have taken gunfire to only the driver's side of the vehicle.
Vikki and Vance Casino appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
Like the "Death car" display for Vikki and Vance, there is a tourist display of the car belonging to the real-life criminal couple Bonnie and Clyde that they were driving when they were ambushed and killed. It is currently on display (for free) at Whiskey Pete's Hotel and Casino in Primm, NV.
- Xbox 360 Sometimes gambling will not resume ever, even after finding Primm a new sheriff and dealing with Layla.[verified]
- PC When entering the casino, Mrs. Nash and a random settler/resident may enter the room containing the cashier's office. This allows you to walk straight in the back and help yourself to the contents of the safes without worrying about the door.[verified]
- PC Sometimes after busting the bank at the casino and being banned the chips stay permanently in the inventory and can be cashed over and over again.[verified]
- PC After the latest update, the residents will stay in the casino after completing the quest My Kind of Town. If the quest is completed before the update, the residents will return to the casino. This will prevent you from bartering with Johnson Nash and he will only say to give him a moment to return to his store if chosen to barter with. [verified]
- PC If the player is wearing reinforced leather armor or has a set in their inventory, they will not receive reinforced leather armor as a prize from the floor manager. [verified]