The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Vertibot signal grenades are thrown just as any other grenade in the game; after it lands, a plume of red smoke is seen rising from it. If the player character doesn't have a friendly vertibot (by claiming a workbench that has a vertibot landing pad), a prompt will appear on screen saying "No friendly vertibot can respond."
If they do, the vertibot signal grenade functions as a means to signal for a vertibot to assist in combat.
- Artillery smoke grenade - A similar type of signal grenade that is used to call in support from an Artillery piece that has been previously constructed at a C.A.M.P.
- Grafton Steel yard - 10 can be found in a Vertibird signal grenade box located on the vertibot landing pad.
- Converted munitions factory - 10 can be found with a vertibot landing pad, with a Vertibot spawning once the workshop has been claimed and the facility is repaired.
- Wade Airport - 10 will spawn when you have claimed the Workshop, and there is a vertibot landing pad near a crashed Vertibird that can be repaired for 8 steel and 6 aluminium after which a Vertibot can be used.
- Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06 - 10 can be found in a crate located on the vertibot landing pad.
- Thunder Mountain power plant - In a Vertibird signal grenade box outside.