Vera Weatherly, born in 2250, is a young, attractive, and ambitious 27-year-old woman who is very proud of all she's achieved. She opened the hotel on her own - she even helped construct it - and decided on the name after reading about the real location in a book. She is quiet and demure on the outside, but with an inner determination that cannot be shaken. Though Seagrave shows interest in her, she only likes him as a friend. She prefers the company of Mister Buckingham, her Mr. Handy robot, to that of her suitors. She is related to Bryan Wilks.
Vera runs the Weatherly Hotel with Mister Buckingham, her Mister Handy robot, on the upper decks.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Food|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: 120 caps.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Those!: Weatherly can be asked to act as an adoptive parent for Bryan Wilks after his father and the residents of Grayditch are killed by fire ants.
- The Wasteland Survival Guide: Vera can be asked about Rivet City's history.
Effects of player's actions
If the player character tells her about Bryan Wilks' plight during Those!, she will offer to adopt him.
Through a series of easy Speech checks, she will share some gossip with the player character, such as Paulie Cantelli's addiction to chems.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Dirty Pre-War casualwear||-||Metal spoon
Pack of cigarettes
Vera Weatherly's room key
|Vera Weatherly's key*|
- * Only if Mister Buckingham is also dead.
- Seagrave Holmes is often found trying to woo Vera saying, "I know I'm not a sophisticated man, but I'm still a man," to which she politely declines and explains how they are better as friends.
- Vera and Mister Buckingham have a shared inventory, with the exception that only Mister Buckingham sells alcoholic beverages.
- There is conflicting information as to whether she is the aunt or cousin of Bryan Wilks.
- "Charmed to meet you. I am Vera Weatherly of the Weatherly Hotel."
- "Poor dear. I know what it's like to be alone. I'd love to take him in. Don't worry, I have the means to keep him fed and healthy but most importantly, safe."
- "You haven't heard? Angela has the hots for Diego. But since he's a priest, he's been putting her off. One of these days she's just going to jump his bones."
Vera Weatherly appears only in Fallout 3.
Sometimes Vera will disappear from the ship, and cannot be found. [verified]
- Due to this bug both Vera and Seagrave Holmes somehow end up inside an inaccessible building near a super mutant bonfire, northwest of Project Purity, engaging in endless looped conversation. Teleporting them back to the ship using console commands on PC seems to fix their behavior.
- The Lone Wanderer: "Any idea where I can look for someone to take care of you?"
Bryan Wilks: "Well, pappa always told me about my cousin Vera. She lives on some big, giant ship somewhere or something. Pappa called the place "Rivet City", but I dunno where it is."
- The Lone Wanderer: "Vera, your nephew Bryan lost his folks and needs a place to live."
Vera Weatherly: "Poor dear. I know what it's like to be alone. I'd love to take him in. Don't worry, I have the means to keep him fed and healthy but most importantly, safe."
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.102: "Vera Weatherly
Vera Weatherly, 27, is young, attractive, ambitious, and very proud of all she's achieved. She opened the hotel on her own—she even helped construct it—and decided on the name after reading about the real location in a book. She is quiet and demure on the outside, but with an inner determination that cannot be shaken. Vera likes Seagrave, but only as a friend. She prefers the company of Mister Buckingham, her Mr. Handy robot, to that of her suitors. She is the cousin of Bryan Wilks."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)