Background[edit | edit source]
Vault Raids[edit | edit source]
- Vault Mission: Reactor Meltdown - save the vault from a catastrophic failure, using the nuclear officer's ID.
- Vault Mission: Fire Outbreak - put out the fires that broke out throughout the vault, using the fire chief's ID.
- Vault Mission: Riot - procure the military officers' IDs and report to the entrance, in order to subdue the rioters.
Layout[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on Fallout 76 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
The vault entrance is located inside a small cave, the entrance of which is concealed by a one-room shack. Inside the shack are several junk items. The door across from the entrance opens onto a small balcony with additional junk items, while the door to the left of the entrance leads into the cave. Outside the vault door is a functioning terminal that divulges nothing about the vault's status apart from the fact that it is sealed. A keycard slot next to the terminal accepts the "Vault 63 access ID card." There's also the "Vault 63 resident ID card" and "Vault 63 maintainence ID card." Vault 63 also contains a maintenance terminal, a reactor control terminal, a security office terminal, a "security mission terminal," an "engineering certification terminal," a "fireman certification terminal" and a "military certification terminal."
The engineering, fireman, and military certification terminals all contain an option to locate a fireman, engineer, or officer respectively. Vault 63's reactor control terminal has an option to cool down the reactor of the vault, taking three minutes to complete. The security office terminal has no text or menu items, and the maintenance terminal gives the player character an option to activate the fire suppression system of Vault 63. To the left of the metal bridge, there is an emergency management terminal containing most information about the vault.
|End of information based on Fallout 76 cut content.|
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
There are two ID cards inside the vault, though they cannot currently be reached:
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Vault 63 appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Vault 63 was slated to be part of Vault Raids, however, the quests, items and interior cell associated with Vault 63 were never released.
- Daily Ops, which both Vault 94 and Vault 96 have been reworked for. Vault 63 may be released as part of
- It is not currently possible to open the Vault 63 door or officially access its interior without using glitches.
- Fast traveling to an Ash Heap Horde event which has its map marker not place in the Ash Heap (instead, center of map) will teleport the player to a non-playable Vault interior cell and the player will be disconnected from the server upon loading in. When the player resumes playing, the character will be spawned directly outside Vault 63.
Gallery[edit | edit source]