The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|The following is based on Fallout 76 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Vaults 63, 96 and 94 are associated with vault raids, a team quest where there is an emergency in the vault that must be fixed. Player characters are notified through an emergency radio beacon. These are instanced dungeons, where groups of 1-4 can enter and attempt to complete the raid for the chance at unique rewards.
The vault entrance is located inside a small cave, the entrance of which is concealed by a one-room shack. Inside the shack are several junk items. The door across from the entrance opens onto a small balcony with additional junk items, while the door to the left of the entrance leads into the cave. Outside the vault door is a functioning terminal that divulges nothing about the vault's status apart from the fact that it is sealed. A keycard slot next to the terminal accepts the "Vault 63 access ID card." There's also the "Vault 63 resident ID card" and "Vault 63 maintainence ID card." Vault 63 also contains a maintenance terminal, a reactor control terminal, a security office terminal, a "security mission terminal," an "engineering certification terminal," a "fireman certification terminal" and a "military certification terminal."
The engineering, fireman and military certification terminals all contain an option to locate a fireman, engineer or officer respectively. Vault 63's reactor control terminal has an option to cool down the reactor of the vault, taking three minutes to complete. The security office terminal has no text or menu items, and the maintenance terminal gives the player character an option to activate the fire suppression system of Vault 63.
To the left of the metal bridge, there is an emergency management terminal containing most information about the vault.
There are two ID cards inside the vault, though they cannot currently be reached:
|End of information based on Fallout 76 cut content.|
Behind the scenesEdit
- It is not currently possible to open the Vault 63 door or officially access its interior without using glitches. Entrance will be allowed at a later date, as a part of vault raids.
- Event and terminal localization in the game's strings suggest that the Vault is planned to have three types of events:
- Rioting, where the players would have to procure the Military Officer's IDs and report to the entrance, in order to subdue the rioters.
- Fire emergency, where the players would participate in putting out the fires that broke out throughout the Vault, using the Fire Chief's ID.
- Reactor meltdown, where the players would save the Vault from a catastrophic failure, using the nuclear officer's ID.
Vault 63 appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenesEdit
The vault number is a reference to the date of West Virginia's admission to the union on June 20th, 1863.