Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The night scope is a night vision telescopic sight with 2.86x magnification that is used for the varmint rifle, replacing the default iron sights. The night scope automatically selects whether or not to engage the night vision setting, depending on the current light conditions. When the scope is powered on, the view of the target is displayed as a false-color green/black/white image. The enhanced view allows for easy target acquisition at night or in dark buildings and structures. There is also a low motion-blur effect when you turn quickly while looking through the scope in various conditions.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Alexander, 188 trading post
- Blake, Crimson Caravan Company
- Rarely, Cliff Briscoe, Novac
- Dale Barton, The Fort
- Vendortron, Gun Runners
- Chet, Goodsprings
Notes[edit | edit source]
The night vision ability of the scope works from 6:00PM to 6:00AM.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Xbox 360 Sometimes while using the scope outdoors during the day the scope will turn everything a false yellow, while other times it will become a regular scope. This could be due to the fact that outside, the scope works on a specific time frame. [verified]
- Playstation 3 It is possible that the scope will not display in the green "night vision" in low light conditions. Rather than turning the zoomed in scope green, it will be a regular scope that adds no bonuses during low light conditions. This can be permanent, with the only fix being purchasing/looting a new scope/varmint rifle. [verified]