| ||For an overview of laser rifle models in the Fallout series of games, see laser rifle.|
The AER9 features a titanium housed crystal array which proved to withstand long years of exposure to the elements much better than the gold alloy housing of the later models. As a result, the crystal arrays stayed focused within operating parameters, rather than falling completely out of focus like the newer models. Power is drawn from microfusion cells and processed through a wave/particle diverter manufactured by General Atomics International. The diverters are protected by a carbon-fiber housing, preventing frequent malfunction, but when a diverter fails the weapon becomes unusable.
A unique variant of the AER9 laser rifle received from the Van Graffs. It is received in max condition. Overall, it has less damage, less item HP and less critical damage but requires less Energy Weapons skill (0 as opposed to 25).
The Van Graff laser rifle can fire a total of about 270 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 12 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser rifle - The common version of laser rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.
- AER14 prototype - The unique version of the laser rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.
|The following is based on developer test content cut from Fallout: New Vegas and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|End of information based on developer test content cut from Fallout: New Vegas.|
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Van Graff laser rifle||15||46.2||3.08||x1.5||15||18||0.8||0.025||24||270||8||800||100||0||3|
|Tri-beam laser rifle||66|
|Tri-beam laser rifle||66|
|Tri-beam laser rifle||75|
- Given to the player character at the Silver Rush during the quest Birds of a Feather when given the choice between a plasma rifle or a laser rifle. Once the first part of quest is finished, the armor and gun are taken from the player character.
- The only way to obtain this weapon is to let the Silver Rush explode during Birds of a Feather. When the quest fails, one will be able to drop the rifle whenever they want to as it will not be marked as a quest item.
- This item is marked as a quest item even after the quest involved with it is completed, and therefore if it is acquired through theft or the console, may only be removed from the Courier's inventory through console commands.
- If the Courier chooses this weapon over its plasma counterpart, Simon will compliment them on their choice, explaining that he prefers laser weapons himself, but wields a plasma rifle because Gloria wants at least one guard with a plasma weapon at all times as a form of advertising.
| || |