The Vampire's Edge does slightly more damage than the regular version; it also weighs only 1 pound compared to the 3 pounds of the Chinese officer's sword. Due to the very low weight, fast attack speed, high critical chance, and good durability, the Vampire's Edge is among the best melee weapons in the game, despite its lower base damage value compared to other unique melee weapons.
Vampire's Edge can successfully strike about 1000 times from full condition before breaking.
- Chinese officer's sword - The common, non-unique version.
- Jingwei's shocksword - An electrified version of the Chinese officer's sword, the shocksword is much stronger and deals electrical damage over time.
- Samurai's sword - An ancient weapon from Japan that deals an extra helping of damage on critical hits and is much more durable than the standard sword.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Clover's Cleaver - A Chinese officer's sword that was cut from the base game. It was intended to be used by Clover and was to be the Evil follower's unique weapon, much like Fawkes' super sledge and Butch's Toothpick were for the other Karma levels.
- Katana - A variant of the samurai's sword that deals much less critical damage, but knocks foes down with critical hits.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Chinese officer's sword||10||23.1||2.31||x2||15||28||0.7||1000||3||75||25|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
The Vampire's Edge belongs to Vance, and can be found in a 'sword cabinet' (labeled as such in-game) in his room at Meresti Metro station, an important location during the Blood Ties quest. Apart from its unique label, the sword cabinet's appearance is that of a normal wooden cabinet.
The cabinet is a 'Hard' level lock to unlock via lockpicking. Vance carries the key to the cabinet and may be pickpocketed, but he is a difficult target to pickpocket unnoticed, even with a Stealth Boy active. The key can, of course, also be looted from his corpse.
- The sword is found with a condition of approximately 50%. It can be repaired using ordinary Chinese officer's swords and is also much more durable than the normal Chinese officer's sword.
- Dogmeat will not retrieve the weapon from the sword cabinet like he will with the Victory rifle.