The VAPL-58 power station is a set of fenced-in power lines and transformers next to a power substation in the Capital Wasteland in 2277. It is located south-southwest of Arefu, north of Jury Street Metro station, and west of Vault 106, where two power lines from the north and east intersect.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The substation here is one of the few in the game which allows access to the roof. A fallen transmission line tore down a hole in the fences, making it possible for one to exit the power station without using the front gate.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Two Nuka-Cola Quantums - one lying on top of the workbench inside the substation, the other is found in a shack behind a barricade just south-east of the station
- A copy of Dean's Electronics - Next to the safe, atop the desk inside the substation.
- The ladder on the east wall inside the station leads to the roof where a copy of U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes can be found.
- On the hanging light fixture, just below the ceiling in the middle of the room is a mini nuke.
- A bottlecap mine - On the substation workbench.
- A Stealth Boy - In the back on the control panels of the station.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The first Keller family transcript can be found on a bookshelf in the pylon shack, which is at the third power pylon to the north of the power station as well as a mini-nuke. A pre-War book is lying on the northeast footing of the pylon.
- On rare occasions, a deathclaw may be in the station upon entering, but because of the cramped space will have no way of attacking.
- There is a workbench inside the power substation (the building inside the fenced area). Additionally, there are many parts for custom weapons scattered around.
- The substation's safe is small, being a quarter the size of a typical safe.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The VAPL-58 power station appears only in Fallout 3.