The VAPL-58 power station is a set of fenced-in power lines and transformers next to a power substation in the Capital Wasteland in 2277. It is located south-southwest of Arefu, north of Jury Street Metro station, and west of Vault 106, where two power lines from the north and east intersect.
The substation here is one of the few in the game which allows access to the roof. A fallen transmission line tore down a hole in the fences, making it possible for one to exit the power station without using the front gate.
- Two Nuka-Cola Quantums - one lying on top of the workbench inside the substation, the other is found in a shack behind a barricade just south-east of the station
- A copy of Dean's Electronics - Next to the safe, atop the desk inside the substation.
- The ladder on the east wall inside the station leads to the roof where a copy of U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes can be found.
- On the hanging light fixture, just below the ceiling in the middle of the room is a mini nuke.
- A bottlecap mine - On the substation workbench.
- A Stealth Boy - In the back on the control panels of the station.
- The first Keller family transcript can be found on a bookshelf in the pylon shack, which is at the third power pylon to the north of the power station as well as a mini-nuke. A pre-War book is lying on the northeast footing of the pylon.
- On rare occasions, a deathclaw may be in the station upon entering, but because of the cramped space will have no way of attacking.
- There is a workbench inside the power substation (the building inside the fenced area). Additionally, there are many parts for custom weapons scattered around.
- The substation's safe is small, being a quarter the size of a typical safe.
The VAPL-58 power station appears only in Fallout 3.