| ||This page contains archived information from User talk:Xa3. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
I see you are removing bugs which aren't yet overdue, please stop. Bugs are only overdue after 2 weeks, not before. Also, please remember removing content from pages is never to be tagged as a minor edit. Limmiegirl Talk! ♪ 03:13, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- So far the oldest bug I've seem you removing has been from Jan 31, which hasn't expired yet. Limmiegirl Talk! ♪ 03:20, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
I have recently adopted Fallout Nations wiki. For those of you who would like to come over and create your own fallout nation please do so by following the link below. I look forward to you being apart of the team. -SaintsCrusader http://falloutnations.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Nations_Wiki
Thanks for adjusting the BoS weapons pages to the new format. It's a major improvement! You feel like doing the same for the Tactics weapons page? Jspoel 18:13, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
You don't have to change U.S. Army to United States Army. It's fine like it is. Jspoel 22:51, July 23, 2017 (UTC)
- You can change US Army to U.S. Army. Leave the rest as it is I think. Everybody will know what U.S. Army means. Soldier also starts with a lowercase s. Jspoel 22:58, July 23, 2017 (UTC)
- You can change United States Armed Forces to U.S. Army with a pipe if you want. Also, why are you adding a space between a link and <br />?. Really unnecessary. Jspoel 23:07, July 23, 2017 (UTC)
Titles are a part of the whole name when introducing someone, so they should all be bolded. As far as Buzz Babcock goes, his rank is never stated and there are several possible ranks of general. Great Mara (talk) 02:49, July 24, 2017 (UTC)
- I don't see it stated on a source text (though he probably is a general). I suppose leaving the rank out would be ok then, or change it to Commander. Jspoel 17:47, July 24, 2017 (UTC)
I'll double check the VDSG myself and see what it says. The bit about main squeeze seems to ring a vague bell to me, so if it valid it will need to be fully referenced. Then it will be a case of confirming if it is canon or not. I know there is a relationships section in the CK, but I think that is not an accurate determination (although we do use it as such) as it's occasionally used by developers to instigate certain behaviours from characters. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:05, July 26, 2017 (UTC)
- I was too focused on dealing with this issue to notice lol. You and Distusting had to notify me of my post count. Think it's taken me about 3-5 months to go from 1k to 10, maybe a little longer pretty sure I went patroller at 1 though.
- If it's going to be anywhere in there it will most likely be the Old statehouse or Goodneighbor pages. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:16, July 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Just popped my own copy open and saw the same thing. I see you've already put it on the talk page. Unless there is any arguments against it I'm going to reference the talk page for the father/daughter relationship and the book for the squeeze section.
Hello Xa3! Sorry about me undoing your edit on the Anne Hargraves page, I thought you added the line "trade to post" but in reality you removed it, sorry about that. Better check my eyes lol. Best regards (talk) 18:52, August 2, 2017 (UTC)
I saw you going over the Temple of the Union guys earlier and I got curious as to what you were up to. I see you just fixed them up with the reference tag. Should stop any disagreements going forwards. Honestly Bluerx can be a bit of a pain at times, but he seems well intentioned. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:42, August 3, 2017 (UTC)
- It's why I like citations and references. It clears things like this up. I'm just going back over and removing double references with the name tag. Keeps the references nice and tidy. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:03, August 3, 2017 (UTC)
- As side thought, do you have the game guide? I'd like to add page numbers and the actual text extract if we can. Makes it fully cited. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:07, August 3, 2017 (UTC)
This is actually quite funny because I was going to send you a message asking if you'd like to join the Bug Verification Project, we really need someone who plays on the Xbox to test the giant list of Xbox only bugs. If you're interested in that, just let me know, or sign up.
And as far as your bug goes, I have already experienced it with Faneuil Hall as well as Bridgeway Trust, Faneuil Hall is a site for radiant quests, as well as a Legendary farming location, the loot respawns every time the "instance" is reset. Bridgeway seems to respawn for me every 2-3 In game weeks. I would have to test Safari Adventure, perhaps it's a location for a radiant quest as well and respawns? I will check though. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 03:07, August 4, 2017 (UTC)
- That does seem faster than my respawn time, I usually have to wait the 2-3 In game weeks for places to respawn enemies/loot without having an active radiant quest for that location. Thank you for that, any help trying to combat these bugs is greatly appreciated, at least by me, I've checked I don't know how many at this point, and new ones just appear every day. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 03:42, August 4, 2017 (UTC)
- As far as your bug in Safari adventure goes, you are correct. The Cash Register near the Nuka Cola Dark mixing station, the one closest to the Park map Pamphlets, does in fact re-stock prewar money after only 5-6 days. I waited 6 days, fast traveled away from Nuka-world, then fast traveled back and the prewar money respawned as well as the Park maps. So that's confirmed for PS4 as well. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 02:49, August 5, 2017 (UTC)
Did you talk these removals over in chat with a bureaucrat/admin? I presume you remove them because they're already in the infobox. But I think they can be as well in the characteristics. You see the same thing with a lot of the clothing item pages. Might as well let them stay there. Jspoel 23:40, August 7, 2017 (UTC)
And once again, you are removing the item descriptions from the pages. I shouldn't have to waste my entire break picking through your edits to fix them. Restore the descriptions to the pages or I'm taking this to an admin for content removal. Great Mara (talk) 18:13, August 8, 2017 (UTC)
- I know you see this message. Great Mara (talk) 18:14, August 8, 2017 (UTC)
- And you undo them again instead of restoring the description and are making subsequent edits to the same pages AGAIN without restoring the descriptions. I'm not going to pick through each page to rectify the mess you made. You can either do it again after the reversion or FIX IT. Great Mara (talk) 18:18, August 8, 2017 (UTC)
|Hello Xa3, please refrain from edit warring. If you feel your edits have been reverted without cause, leave a message on the article talk page, with the reverting editor, or one of Nukapedia's active administrators. Do not continue to edit war, as this will result in administrative action. You should take this opportunity to completely familiarize yourself with Nukapedia's user policies and content guidelines, if you have not yet done so.|
|Great Mara (talk) 18:26, August 8, 2017 (UTC)|
- You need me to define how removal of content from pages is a bad edit? And then making subsequent edits without restoring the content? And then edit warring when said edits are reverted, like they should be. Other editors aren't required to spend time reverting dozens your edits the slow way. It was your responsibility to fix them, and you didn't. Great Mara (talk) 18:30, August 8, 2017 (UTC)
- From a finished project? Are you sure that I didn't quote editing criteria for item pages? You might want to check. Great Mara (talk) 19:13, August 8, 2017 (UTC)
As it stands, Xa3, has had a brief discussion with a crat, which proved not to get an affirmative answer. Mara has reverted the edits on the grounds of quality, to which I believe is stemmed from the removal of the information in characteristics. In my view, that information should be duplicated, the infobox acts as a quick summary of the items and the article is the detailed breakdown. As such the content should be in both places, this is also in part to do with how mobile skin works too.
Xa3, you should have stopped and engaged with Mara much sooner than you did. Guidelines are pretty clear on what is defined as edit warring: "Repeatedly reverting each other's changes ("edit warring") is bound to escalate the conflict instead of solving it. If you cannot reach a consensus, ask another user to mediate. In general, if someone reverts an edit you made, you should not re-add it without reaching a consensus on the article's talk page." This also means that Mara's further revisions are edit warring too, as it is not revision for vandalism, or even quality, but what Mara feels is how the article should be. This is a warning on both sides.
Layout guidelines as Mara has quoted do state the stats should be in be in the characteristics, clearly there might not be absolute consensus on that anymore.
I've spoken to Agent c and we have agreed that this should be resolved by consensus, raise a forum, discuss it and depending on the outcome, call a vote if need be. I am going to revert all the pages back to their original state now and any changes of the same vein must be abstained from until a resolution is found. Mara, if anything else of the like occurs, can you flag an admin or crat down to handle the situation rather than revert yourself please. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:18, August 8, 2017 (UTC)
- Ah, that was me not paying attention, I have a lot of edits I need to check through per the about edit warring. If there is a couple tht I pull that are purely infobox changes, you have permission to put them back. Its going to be a long evening for me. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:57, August 8, 2017 (UTC)
- I've just taken a look at sealed wonderglue, Js actually merged it in to wonderglue already with redirects. If the redirects work I wouldn't worry about changing the links to point directly to Wonderglue (Fallout 4). Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:32, August 25, 2017 (UTC)
Ultra jet addictionEdit
I feel your edit of the Ultrajet Addiction page was unjust as the page for fallout 4 neglects to mention how to get rid of the addiction, and those searching for "Ultrajet addiction" wont be able to find the information they need on the correct page. You removed data that was very clearly relevant to the page, for no reason. I will be reverting this temporarily as there is no reason NOT to display this very relevant info. If you feel that this revert is unjust, hit me up on my talk page or take it up to the site admins. --AbashedAlbatross (talk) 15:01, August 26, 2017 (UTC)
I removed some of those dots you were adding at the end of some lines in the effects area of the infoboxes. I guess your logic was that some of those lines qualify as sentences. My logic is that either we put a dot at the end of each line, either we don't put any. To keep the wiki on the same level on 99% of its pages, I removed your dots. Feel free to discuss. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 08:37, August 28, 2017 (UTC)
Hello can we talk on private message on the talk page?Edit
Hello ive got your message, and i am not that pleased, i make sure that the work i do is not seen as speculation, i dont do this for nothing, ive spoken to Agent C, and Sakaratte to make that the work im doing is good, can we please talk?—Preceding unsigned comment added by Seegson Executive Alex (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Sorry, just pulled your edit off due to an edit war. Feel free to put it back in. I'm on mobile and don't have time to remove the edit that was the issue. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:56, September 4, 2017 (UTC)
So the wiki is fine with posting lies (a jetpack is REQUIRED) and not interested in the truth also using a jetpack is still a strategy, workarounds for bugs are still strategy and yeah I know they can see the edits thats why I did it also why even include the ability to edit messages? Anyway Im sorry that the wiki doesn't care about having truthful information and is fine with intentionally misleading the people who come to this website looking for help /information --Skansom Galskap (talk) 20:52, September 22, 2017 (UTC) Skansom Galskap
- Funny that we have to fight to make sure the truth is available to people. Why should I have to bring it up with anyone to make sure that the truth is available for other people Im sorry the wiki doesn't care about having truthful information, its sad to see such a poorly run website, that it would rather hide the truth than make it freely available.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Skansom Galskap (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Lone Wanderer/Attack DogEdit
You reverted most of my edits on these page because they were "strat" and/or "opinion." I maintain they are neither and that they are in fact simple, mathematical explanations and consequences of FO4 mechanics.
Basically, it's not enough for the wikia to simply state that these two perks are collectively unique because they offer damage reduction instead of damage resistance, we have to explain *why* this matters, and it's because a flat damage reduction becomes increasingly more valuable (in terms of equivalent damage resistance) the more you have/the later the game gets.
- Well, I do disagree with that assessment. I think what I wrote is on par with what is written at e.g. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Charisma#Effects_on_Barter, that is, information on how something in FO4 works, as opposed to advising the reader on a particular course of action (though parts of that section do read as strategy).
- I will try and add the information in a different way that will hopefully appear to be less strategy-focused. (Thelee (talk) 18:06, October 5, 2017 (UTC))
You removed "semi-" because of this comment: "uni-noticeably different from what is generally found or experienced"
This is going to seem pedantic, but:
Unique (from several sites): "being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else." (OED) "existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics" (dictionary.com) "being the only one : sole; being without a like or equal" (merriam webster)
And "semi-" (as in "semi-unique"): "less than fully", "partially", "half"
Your quoted definition, by contrast, I can only find as the definition of different words:
"noticeably different from what is generally found or experienced" > unusual (merriam webster thesaurus) "noticeably different from what is generally found or experienced" > unaccustomed (merriam webster, third definition)
I think the context clues are enough that readers can infer that "unique" on Attack Dog/Lone Wanderer is now being used informally so I don't feel like making this a thing, but this is me registering my complaint that I think you are making bad-faith edits, because that's the only way I can make sense of your justification via a definition not actually used for "unique". (Thelee (talk) 20:09, October 5, 2017 (UTC))
Creator of Mr. HandyEdit
The franchise clearly exhibits contradicting info about who created Mr. Handy. However, the evidence shows General Atomics is the obvious creator, the implication it was a joint project between GA and Robco is inaccurate. Stop reverting my revisions, the wiki is wrong.—Preceding unsigned comment added by Cdriggers (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Boone shooting GillesEdit
The ending slide says this: "he journeyed back to California" but the wiki entry says: "Boone eventually makes his way to Bitter Springs"
Bitter Springs is in in Nevada, so this can't be correct. Also it does not explicitly say that he kills her. This is only implied.
Also, the picture does show him standing over her body but he is holding his sniper rifle which is not a side arm (a side arm would be a pistol). The picture does look like the command tent at Bittersprings, but again the text says he goes back to California so both can't be correct.
Right which is what l said ,yet you have Eire as part of the uk page and make no effort to clear any confusion up by adding the caveat the irish free state or republic is not part of the uk ,even if ireland did not declare its self a republic it would still not be part of the uk . and thus it makes no sense to leave the question up for interpretation as Ireland is not part of the uk and thus should ether be removed from the uk section or it should be stated clearly it is not part of the united kingdom of britian and northern ireland .
yet you claimed mcready is of scottish ancestry even though mccready is also an irish name in origin regardless its hypocritical , l included that just like the reference to mcready they are probably of irish ancestry .notice l said probably not definitely .also you have handcock as irish yet can you prove his ancestry is from the irish free state or northern ireland ?
not only is the name patrick a traditional irish name but patrick the so called celt references only irish celtic references, he even attempts to sing an irish song , so there is nothing unreasonable about suggesting in the arctle that he is most likely of irish origin .dont play stupid you know thats what the devs intended .
Yet the oldest evidence for whiskey in the world is found in ireland in Annals of Clonmacnoise, which attributes the death of a chieftain in 1405 , In Scotland, the first evidence of whisky production comes from an entry in the Exchequer Rolls 1494 nearly a hundred years later after ireland, giving that spirits only could have arrived in ireland or northern britian no early then 15th century it seems unlikely it existed in scotland before ireland .perhaps l was being premature but l see nothing wrong with the statement that its most likely based on the evidence.
so saying it probably originated in ireland is not really controversial , once again *probably not definitely*
cait and Colin do not have irish accents that resemble anywhere in ireland they are american and scottish attempts at an irish accent and northern ireland is irish .
knowing Bethesda there is no reason they wouldn't have the republic established in the fallout timeline infact its very likely . irish war of independence which established the irish free state happened 1919 to 1921 the fallout universe diverged in 1940s .
threes no such thing as southern irish this term is created by the british media to differentiate between those in the north east of ireland and those in the rest of ireland , 99% of people in the republic do not call themselves southern irish nor call their country southern ireland .
- we don't know know if they are Northern or Southern*,
this is irrelevant as irish histroy and irish ancestral lines predate the relatively modern invention of northern ireland and the ulster plantations , many in ""northern ireland"" simply refer to them selves as irish and are of irish stock . history has no time for modern sensitivities . liam neason is from northern ireland yet simply refers to him self as irish as an example , so if they have an irish surname they are most likely simply irish and even if they arent they are still irish as they where from the island of ireland . so simply stating they are from the island of ireland should not be controversial .
In this revision you undid someone's removal of the statement that killing Mortimer would not affect one's reputation with the White Glove Society. I think your reason for undoing this edit, namely "no explanation", is not a good reason to undo an edit. Assuming that someone removes such a note out of vandalism would be assuming bad faith. Instead, I think you should have tried killing Mortimer in-game to see what would happen, or, if you don't have the means or the time to do that, ask someone else to check it for you (e.g. in the editorial bullpen on Discord). I don't think it would be a disaster if the note were incorrectly missing for even a day, so reverting "just in case" is not a good idea.
In this particular case, it actually turns out the anonymous editor was right: Killing Mortimer does actually affect one's reputation. I have therefore undone your undo. - FDekker talk 13:31, February 2, 2018 (UTC)
Spectacle Island PicturesEdit
Thanks for the feedback, sorry, that was my first time of posting map pictures but now reading the policy, could I re upload the pictures but this time crop out the map/radio part at the top and the date and time at the bottom, or are these pictures not "of good quality" and how can I make these pictures better quality if they are bad quality?
- I have redone the POI picture as an example and is this of acceptable quality? Hope's it's an improvement!
Our relationship with WikiaEdit
Hi, You’ve previously expressed an opinion on whether we should remain with Wikia, and the Featured Video Situation. Its really important we hear from you again about what we should do about it. Please participate in the vote here. Agent c (talk) 13:08, August 11, 2018 (UTC)