Weapons sound project
You don't have to record sounds, every weapon sound is in the sound.bsa file as an .ogg file. I also don't know what the FFOP tag is, but you don't have to add those. The less of those tags, the better. That project page is active, but has not been updated for a long time. In the meantime I've uploaded about 90% or so of the sounds for the base games, but you can find more pages that still don't have sounds in the add-ons I think. Best way of approach is pick an add-on weapon category (f.e. Category:Gun Runners' Arsenal weapons on go through it systematically to see which pages lack sounds. Then extract those from the GECK, though first you can check if a similar weapon makes the same sound and use that file. Jspoel 17:04, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- If you don't have a PC you can't extract those files. I'd like to have them from the GECK because those are clean. But as said, many are already done. You could check the FNV weapon pages and see if you can use other soundfiles that are on similar pages. It's not that much work I think. Jspoel 17:25, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
Unfortunately, that isn't notable enough for the history project. We strive to mainly document specific historical events and figures, as opposed to technologies that exist in both worlds. The list would be inexhaustible (fusion technology is present in both worlds, for example). Unless the inventor of the laser is mentioned explicitly somewhere in-game, I'm afraid the content wouldn't be suitable. Keep looking out for possible additions though, and I do appreciate the thought! :) --Skire (talk) 19:50, May 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Another moderator has informed me that you indeed have been warned before for a similar offense. As such, I'm giving you a 1 day chat ban. Please read the chat rules before returning, and there won't be any hard feelings as long as this does not become a repeat issue. 01:36, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
What moderator, and when? I demand evidence. Also, I apologize. WastedWarrior (talk) 08:33, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- The who would be Plummer, and the when would be immediately after I had posted your warning. As they are a moderator I trust they are being honest, meaning the next scale of punishment after the first warning is traditionally a ban. It should be noted that since you appear to be a regular chat-goer and others spoke for you, you were given only a single day as opposed to the customary three days for a first offense. 08:47, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
Uh, don't even recognize the name, who is this Plummer? Just because somebody says something happened, it does not mean it actually did happen. As you have said,hard evidence is lacking. Again, my apologies.WastedWarrior (talk) 08:57, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
Well, IF it was Cassie, it would have to be within a month's time, considering my recent activity. I don't recall any such interaction. Perhaps my accuser can recall the situation more clearly than I?WastedWarrior (talk) 09:31, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- If a moderator were to lie about another user that would be a serious breach of trust in their position, so I must assume good faith in my interactions with another moderator. Your ban has already passed, and I appreciate your apologies, just don't let it happen again. 05:21, May 12, 2015 (UTC)
I won't let it happen again. Assume all you want. My accuser (of an alleged offense and warning) has yet to speak, here, and recorded. WastedWarrior (talk) 01:34, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
- If you wish to discuss the matter with her that is your prerogative. Regardless, my actions were justified; another moderator informed me of a prior warning, and the customary next step is a ban. Therefore, I consider the matter closed. 08:15, May 13, 2015 (UTC)
- I did speak with her. Evidence follows.
As you can see, I was not warned about a "Similar Behavior", yes a warning was issued, yet it had nothing related my recent ban. Alecksander and I had a disagreement, and through our discourse, i became educated, and i apologized for my vitriol. Our discourse was not "dickish"..."heated", yes.
I DEMAND record of my banishment to be stricken from my talk page for reason of misinformation.
- I would like to post here, for posterity's sake, that I will not rescind your ban because of this evidence. You were clearly warned before; the fact is was for a different chat rule violation is irrelevant. This wiki has always enforced a strong disciplinary policy towards the particular slur that was used. The chat conduct guideline clearly states that bans and warnings are handed out at our discretion, and I chose to uphold it. 23:38, May 16, 2015 (UTC)
Hey WastedWarrior, about your recent private messages... Well first, I want to warn you that your messages are basically breaking rule 1, harassment, and rule 10, spamming. If somebody tells you multiple times to drop the subject, you drop it. Next, as these images of yours are from a private chat, there are talks of this violating rule 4, personal privacy, so I would encourage you to remove the images before things get any worse. Paladin117>>iff bored; 02:00, May 14, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't really see how these are breaking rule 1 and 10. If cops put me in jail for a day, and I can't talk to the police or to a court, how can people believe that we don't live in a police state? Especially as Follower said he could speak to her. I also don't see how rule 4 would apply here, as Cassie says in the last screenshot "go ahead". - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 02:26, May 14, 2015 (UTC)