Leave a message and I'll get back to you when I can. Helping hand to anyone from discussions stopping by, you can click the "leave a message" button to get the ball rolling. Your post should look something like this:
All done :) No worries at all. Look at how clean the page is now! Well before I post this, anyway :) -kdarrow take her for a spin! 04:49, August 31, 2020 (UTC)
- Ah that sounds like a good idea. Memories of that first edit and all :) -kdarrow take her for a spin! 05:01, August 31, 2020 (UTC)
So after talking to User:Intrepid359, he's expressed an interest in joining up with The Vault Academy as a new mentee for the General Editing program, and has agreed to be taken under your tutelage. Should you accept this partnership, please note as such on TVA page, and get into contact with your new mentee for their first lesson.
We do have a rudimentary set of guidelines listed on both TVA page and on its Mentor Guidelines sub-page, but of course feel free to reach out to me or the other mentors if you need guidance on how to proceed with your program. If at any time we make changes to these guidelines, we'll attempt to notify you of them either on your talk-page or through the Discord.
We really appreciate you signing up as a mentor - fostering new generations of editors is an important endeavor, and you'll be helping to pave the way to this wiki's future. Good luck, and have fun! 寧靜 13:38, September 27, 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for agreeing to take me on for the mentorship program! I'm very excited to get started :) In terms of communication, is it OK to communicate primarily over Discord, or do you have another preference? Discord is definitely where I do a majority of my communication, if that works for you!
In terms of strengths, I have access to a lot of the Fallout 76 technical details that are not currently on the wiki. In terms of things I'd like to know more about, that's a tough one. As they saying goes, "I don't know what I don't know." :) Tables, templates, categories, wiki standards/expectations, and wiki etiquette are all relatively fuzzy to me. How do I best display the information? How do I modify a table? How do I create a table and how do I use the right table for the job? Which section is appropriate to place certain information in? Am I doing something that is frowned upon? Those are the kind of questions that run through my head as I'm working on edits. I'm sure more will come up as we talk more!
So I am making a poll in general asking who is everyone's favorite companion, there are going to be multiple parts givin the restriction of only having six things in a poll, I was wondering if it would be possible to link them together somehow. You don't have to get back to be immediately but at your most convenient time. Thanks again --DawgEngineer03 (talk) 17:06, October 12, 2020 (UTC)
RE: RE: Editing/Discussions Moderator
Thanks, I think I'll make a Discord if/when I get the position. The only thing I'm worried about is my edit count. I only have made 8 edits (9 including this message), none of which are edits on actual wiki articles. That might be seen as having insufficient skill with basic editing, though I'm not sure because the interpretation of that requirement is rather subjective. --The Appalachian (talk) 11:10, October 24, 2020 (UTC)
Thanks for the virtual pumpkin. Yes I know how to check this, and yes I’ll be cashing in my virtu-kin as a real life treat in future. How well did I do with messages?? <3 The Dyre Wife (talk) 15:08, November 3, 2020 (UTC)
- Hate to chime in, but have to say she did great! -kdarrow take her for a spin! 05:14, November 4, 2020 (UTC)
Thanks so much for hosting that contest, it was super fun. I know it took time and effort to coordinate, plus the Portal reference, so here is a gift for you! -kdarrow take her for a spin! 05:14, November 4, 2020 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
For the amazing pumpkin carving content, which brightened my whole Halloween! -kdarrow take her for a spin! 05:14, November 4, 2020 (UTC)
Call to Action
There have been quite a few sweeping changes to the wiki lately, and now that the Unified Community Platform has come to fruition here, it's more important than ever for our leadership to get together and inspire innovative changes for the next generation of wiki editors/readers.
As someone who is somewhat inactive myself, I understand how life gets in the way, and I'll fully understand if many of you are unable to commit, but I'd still like to try my best to appeal to you all in getting involved in a few of our currently active projects; especially so since rights-users participating in our discussions/votes are at an all-time low, and many internal decisions are having to be made between a select few users, which is bad for building consensus on important matters.
As such, I would like to ask for you all to look into two of our most important projects right now, as it would mean a lot to me and the wiki if as many people as possible got directly involved in helping shape our future:
- The Vault Academy is a program for the training and acclimation of new and even veteran users, training them on how to get involved in the various facets of the wiki, as well as helping them build bonds with their fellow users. The program has kicked off in a big way, and we are in desperate need of more rights-users to sign on as mentors, as we're having to share multiple mentees between each mentor. If you're looking to leave your mark on the wiki, then signing onto TVA program will be your way of doing so.
- As a minor update, we now have a new plagiarism point of contact. Should you suspect plagiarized content is at play, please get into point with the user FDekker who will be the initial handler of all such cases going forward.
- We have an upcoming meeting of the minds coming up on the 20th of this month, and we need people to come forth and pitch their ideas for adapting to the recent UCP changes, and to possibly adopt some of the ideas that our new datamining friends have been pitching to us.
Thanks for your consideration, and I do hope to hear back from you all! Even if it is just some of you dropping by to check the place out and say a quick hello. 寧靜 14:12, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
- Not everyone has the time to "stalk" a thread so to say you gave them a "plenty" of time with just 10 mins... That's neglection.
- The links are apparently from reliable domains (Github, Chrome extension store, Firefox addon store). You didn't bother to check and made assumption based on your unawareness. That's neglection. -- Khang (talk) 00:55, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
16 years later, but I've finally completed the latest TVA quizzes!