Greetings, TheLaatSurvivor, and welcome to the Fallout Wiki!
Remember folks, I rarely use this, so I’d prefer that you contact me on Discord for immediate results! TheLaatSurvivor (talk) 01:55, January 3, 2018 (UTC)
What do you do exactly?
Hello, I've seen sloths do more work than you've done here. What do you do exactly? Other than ranting all day long of course. 188.8.131.52 12:51, September 18, 2018 (UTC)
Excuse me sir but could you update your links they don't work no more. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Mathias Voorhees (talk • contribs) 12:38, September 21, 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
ok but still check it out its pretty cool
>>>also is my Avatar to spammy or memey?
No, we don't have rules against "memey" avatars, just inappropriate or inflammitory ones. You are all good as far as I'm concerned. Good luck with that wiki! Laat the Survivor (talk) 02:31, March 3, 2019 (UTC)
i’m ignoring your warning and using your talk page anyways. President Autumn 02:36, March 3, 2019 (UTC)
|Hello TheLaatSurvivor, you've been banned from Nukapedia Discussions for a period of 69 days for violating the following guidlines: Trolling or general irritation or disruption of other users. You should take this opportunity to completely familiarize yourself with Nukapedia's discussions guidelines, if you have not yet done so.|
|President Autumn 21:59, May 19, 2019 (UTC)|
User Rights Request Forum
I'm leaving this message to notify you of specific changes to certain sections of the rights request proposal forum on which you've voted. These changes affect the Chat Moderator, Administrator, and Retroactive clause sections and may or may not affect how you voted initially. Please review these changes carefully. I apologize for the impersonal nature of this talkpage message, and would like to state that I appreciate all opinions and feedback having been given, and look forward to the final results of the votes. ---bleep196- (talk) 16:42, May 20, 2019 (UTC)
This is a copy of the message I left on your other talk page, which is apparently not your main page. Oops.
You were banned for two weeks because of the targeted suicide joke, which counts as harassment. While you have admitted that you crossed the line in our discussion, a mere warning is not enough for this behaviour. You should use the next two weeks to reflect on why it is that your comments were inappropriate and, equally important, how your behaviour was unbecoming of a special rights holder.
Before you (rightly) ask, your ban duration is shorter than WIG's because WIG's was too long anyway and would have been shortened if he hadn't been unbanned.
Your Discussions moderator rights have been removed as a result of gross rights abuse by leaking sensitive information from moderator channels to third parties on at least one occasion. In addition to a permanent Discord ban, you have been wiki-banned for a month. After a year you will be able to request a review of the Discord part of your ban. You remain able to edit this page.
- FDekker talk 00:54, August 30, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah I bet you all feel real good now :mafia: Laat the Survivor (talk)
Nukapedia - Vault Merger: voting has reopened
As you may have already seen, voting for the proposed merger has been reopened. Voting was originally postponed so that users could better discuss the proposal, and after a lengthy conversation, that forum has since come to a close. For more information, please see the discussion itself. The post is a little lengthy, but if you are truly interested in making an informed decision, I would recommending read through it.
Because this discussion may or may not affect how you voted initially or your rationale at the time, please review your post so that it reflects your current beliefs accurately.
This is only a notice of open polls and is not soliciting a change of vote. This is a generic talk page message intended only as for any and all voters, so as to avoid any indication of bias towards a particular outcome. Voting is slated to end on 5:01 pm November 1, 2019 (UTC).
I'm writing here so that that post does not get derailed. In response to the note on yesterday's thread, you may want to read the guidelines again. Our rules do not state that only non-OPs can hijack, it is applicable to any user. In addition, the OP was also clear that his new question was not a continuation of the old one, so it was "off-topic" even if it could have related to another. It was for both those reasons that the OP was asked to start another post if he wanted a new conversation or go to the relaxation post that's been used for general conversation of late, which he agreed to. Saxhleel12 (talk) 11:25, April 29, 2020 (UTC)
Warning about "being a dick" on /d
Please avoid being a dick on discussions, especially if done in an antagonizing manner where you, attempting to act as moderator, are warning people about being a dick. You are correct that your talk is the correct place to do this, but telling someone you will "promptly ignore the message" left is both dickish and in bad faith. It is unbecoming of a moderator. If you feel someone is wrong for failing to understand a question, simply stop at explaining to them why they are wrong. The rest was unnecessary. The Dyre Wolf (talk) 03:59, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
- You were subsequently banned for being a dick on discussions shortly after receiving your warning. The warning you received was a "serious" and real one, and the moderation alert page is not a place to grandstand or dispute by using mod powers to unlock and retort. Here is the description of the page, so you can read through it.
- To keep this all concise, this thread is for /d moderators and administrators alike to ping /d users here should they become subject to reprimands, since not everyone here is aware that talk-pages exist on the wiki.
- This thread is not meant for casual discussion, or for reporting other users/threads, which will be deleted on sight. If you wish to discuss moderation against you further, then please take it to the respective talk-pages, rather than here.
- The page exists to help notify /d users who are not always knowledgeable about talk pages, and seeing as part of the previous interaction was stating you would not read a normal talk page message in regards to moderator action, you were notified on the alert thread. As I said on the alert message for the ban, I am notifying admin. Feel free to notify them to appeal, if you believe it merits an appeal. Please do not be a dick on discussions or use your mod powers to undelete comments deleted appropriately. The Dyre Wolf (talk) 04:52, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
I wanted to say thank you for your vote of confidence on my admin application. It means a lot to me! I will do my best to be a good addition. Thanks again :) -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 02:42, July 26, 2020 (UTC))
Call to Action
There have been quite a few sweeping changes to the wiki lately, and now that the Unified Community Platform has come to fruition here, it's more important than ever for our leadership to get together and inspire innovative changes for the next generation of wiki editors/readers.
As someone who is somewhat inactive myself, I understand how life gets in the way, and I'll fully understand if many of you are unable to commit, but I'd still like to try my best to appeal to you all in getting involved in a few of our currently active projects; especially so since rights-users participating in our discussions/votes are at an all-time low, and many internal decisions are having to be made between a select few users, which is bad for building consensus on important matters.
As such, I would like to ask for you all to look into two of our most important projects right now, as it would mean a lot to me and the wiki if as many people as possible got directly involved in helping shape our future:
- The Vault Academy is a program for the training and acclimation of new and even veteran users, training them on how to get involved in the various facets of the wiki, as well as helping them build bonds with their fellow users. The program has kicked off in a big way, and we are in desperate need of more rights-users to sign on as mentors, as we're having to share multiple mentees between each mentor. If you're looking to leave your mark on the wiki, then signing onto TVA program will be your way of doing so.
- As a minor update, we now have a new plagiarism point of contact. Should you suspect plagiarized content is at play, please get into point with the user FDekker who will be the initial handler of all such cases going forward.
- We have an upcoming meeting of the minds coming up on the 20th of this month, and we need people to come forth and pitch their ideas for adapting to the recent UCP changes, and to possibly adopt some of the ideas that our new datamining friends have been pitching to us.
Thanks for your consideration, and I do hope to hear back from you all! Even if it is just some of you dropping by to check the place out and say a quick hello. 寧靜 14:12, 13 November 2020 (UTC)