| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4|
|Click the computer to leave a message!|
Yes, it's been a long while. Hope you're doing well. I'm in Discord chat at the moment, I assume you have an account there. We can talk there if you still have time. Otherwise, tomorrow at an earlier time, check for me there then, ok? Jspoel 20:05, August 13, 2019 (UTC)
- I'm in Discord now, for another hour and a half or so I think. Probably later on tonight again. Jspoel 14:29, August 14, 2019 (UTC)
X-01 (Fallout 76) Gallery Edit
By the way the Mothman Power Armor picture you added to the gallery of X-01 (Fallout 76) was not X-01 it was T-60. I removed it because it didn't belong, mean no offense, just thought I'd tell you. AssassinZ05 (talk) 16:24, September 13, 2019 (UTC)AssassinZ05
Nukapedia - Vault Merger: voting has reopenedEdit
As you may have already seen, voting for the proposed merger has been reopened. Voting was originally postponed so that users could better discuss the proposal, and after a lengthy conversation, that forum has since come to a close. For more information, please see the discussion itself. The post is a little lengthy, but if you are truly interested in making an informed decision, I would recommend reading through it.
Because this discussion may or may not affect how you voted initially or your rationale at the time, please review your post so that it reflects your current beliefs accurately.
This is only a notice of open polls and is not soliciting a change of vote. This is a generic talk page message intended for any and all voters, so as to avoid any indication of bias towards a particular outcome. Voting is slated to end on 5:01 pm November 1, 2019 (UTC).
So am I to understand that we have had no discussions about this anywhere? I got a little bit from J but I need to hear it from you. It seems to vary a little.--Kingclyde (talk) 06:16, November 2, 2019 (UTC)
Template: Interactions univEdit
Hiya, I assume the auto conversion from Template:Interactions FO4 to Template:Interactions univ is your good work? Just wanted to see if this meant it was no longer necessary to convert the templates on the character pages while merging or whether best practice means I should really convert them to the Interactions univ version in source editor, even if it doesn't change what it looks like on the page. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 22:24, December 6, 2019 (UTC)
- Oh cool, I'll just never worry about those again then! Don't forget the FO76 pages as well, they also use the FO4 template. :) --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 22:20, December 9, 2019 (UTC)
- All the Fo76 character pages weren't ready for the redirecting to interactions univ yet. I see unconverted pages in the Protectron category, people are trying to fix it now. Can you give it another look? Jspoel 19:10, December 11, 2019 (UTC)
You message to me was a bit delayed already sorted it out a while ago
- Thanks for fixing up westside though. User:Branebriar1930
Hub = Barstow, CA? Edit
Hello! Telling the Hub being located in Barstow, you refered to Fallout Official Survival Guide. I've got a copy of this and found no mentions of Barstow. Maybe, I've missed something. Where exactly is it stated? --Л Лолайт 15:07, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
2019 NTV Board BadgeEdit
Thanks for chipping in as a board member and spitballing the "NTV" theme. As a thanks, here's a little badge. No pressure to use it, but it's yours if you want it.
|Board Member 2019 NTV|
Where did you find Captain West's first name? I see it created on The Vault here, but can't find it in a source file. Also, mind your references, on Cabbot it went wrong with a name tag reference. Jspoel 21:58, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Ok, first name found in xEdit. Jspoel 22:34, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
Ghoul Whale Edit
on the Ghoul Whale page (https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Ghoul_whale) it says Far Harbor creature as a category and features an image from the DLC, but those whale skeletons are never told to be Ghoul Whale skeletons, it would be like saying all of the shark or whale (idk what they are) bodies around the Commonwealth are all ghoul sharks or whales. I just thought I bring this to your attention as it is technically not true, I also didn't know if I should fix it or leave it the way it is, so I thought I'd just tell an Admin. --Zombieassassin 0V 23:30, February 23, 2020 (UTC)AssassinZ05
Timeline of major eventsEdit
What's is the difference between Timeline and Timeline of major events? I see 480kb against 330kb but still the major event page is very large. Are you still working on that? Could more trimming down I hope. You also archived the Timeline page, but now with that one archive it wants 3 more talkpage archives. Do you know why? Jspoel 16:49, April 25, 2020 (UTC)
Hey Tag. We've got a bit of a conundrum with the new updates to 76, and i would like to know your input. Jspoel has already responded and recommended asking you too. Basically, Bethesda chose not to officially name any of the new updates, and that makes our job a bit tougher. Based on asking around, consensus has divided into 3 major ideas.
- 1) The Legendary Race, One Wasteland For All, Fractured Steel
- 2) Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Winter 2020
- 3) Name it case-by-case, based on the name of the designated season occuring at the time.
1) is based on the roadmap, and uses the names Bethesda uses on it. While not truly official, that is mine and Jspoel's personal preference, and conveys the main changes with the DLC in-line with others we've already seen (WA, NW, WL). 2) is playing it safe, not assuming, and being technical. Thats fine, but it looks and reads horribly, and is just abhorrent in my opinion. 3) is getting as close as possible to an official name, but its also too inconsistent and doesnt allow for very much pre-making of pages, for example.
- Thanks Tag. Very helpful response.--DankalorYT 19:07, May 23, 2020 (UTC)
edit war Edit
Splitting junk pagesEdit
PLEASE ban dreamcar already! he has forced dank to protect marcy long AGAIN, whilst insulting me because i remove his vandalism. He clearly is not going to learn and appears to be too immature or young to be constructive on this wiki--Branebriar1930 (talk) 10:17, June 12, 2020 (UTC)
FO3 quests Edit
I see what you mean, though i think vandalism is a strong word. There is quite a big discrepancy in the amount of detail and emotive language in FO3 quest walkthroughs compared to FO4 and NV. I was under the impression that the wiki has evolved somewhat to have walkthroughs become more 'streamlined'. Having more information is fine but i think some of the less quest relevant information should be put in the notes section, more akin to how it is in the later games.--Branebriar1930 (talk) 12:30, June 20, 2020 (UTC)
rhombus as high elder Edit
Ok thanks, and does the bos main page really need to be locked down for the rest of us? its a pretty long lock down time for such a big and important page?.--Branebriar1930 (talk) 11:40, June 25, 2020 (UTC)
gnr quest Edit
I removed quite bit from the galaxy news radio FO3 quest as it was filled to the brim with emotive language, fluff words and ridicules amounts of strategies, could you check it and make sure its fine?--Branebriar1930 (talk) 19:45, June 25, 2020 (UTC)
r.e. metric/imperial Edit
Forwarding a ComplaintEdit
Knife Maker from discussions wanted to file a complaint against me with a bureaucrat. It was left on my talk page, so I'm just forwarding it to you.
- I am registering this complaint against Dyre Wolf here for censorship of two notes neither of which violated rules. For a Thread entitled "Murica Day", I made two posts intended to point out the irony of how an independence day celebration of personal independence (not wearing masks) results in piles of human bodies which I satirized with new lines to the Star Spangled Banner. Before any discussion emerged, Dyre preemptively claimed I was trying to hijack the thread and eliminated my notes. This reflects poorly on his judgement as a moderator and on wikia's general stance to welcome a diversity of opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil and respectful manner.
- I have not registered this complaint to a bureaucrat but the matter was serious and an egregious abuse of power.
If you have any questions for me after speaking with Knife Maker, just let me know. I will track down the post he's talking about and the warning left to him, and leave them here shortly. The Dyre Wolf (talk) 05:06, July 8, 2020 (UTC)
- Here's the thread where the reported posts were deleted, and here's the thread where the warning was issued. The Dyre Wolf (talk)
Walkthrough style guide Edit
Regarding : I agree that we need a style guide for this. The current consensus as I understand it is that referring to the player directly (using second person pronouns or simply the word "player) is not allowed. I have been using Sole Survivor myself because I slightly prefer it to "player character" (and "one can" is indeed right out). I am not particularly attached to any style, but I would like to see a proper discussion had about this and an official style guide written up. Given your position, I think you're better equipped than I am to get that ball rolling; I have no idea who to even talk to about it :P P0cketpc (talk) 02:58, July 14, 2020 (UTC)
Made my dayEdit
Thank you so much for what you said on my admin application. It means the world to me, especially coming from you. I like it here a lot and will work hard to do a good job, with minimal (ok moderate) shenanigans <3 -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 07:32, July 22, 2020 (UTC))
A few of the links on your user page for your mods are being stubborn. I found them all on the nexus but thought you might want to know. I love them! Especially the newspaper one. That always bothered me, too! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 07:34, July 22, 2020 (UTC))