- 1 Image uploads
- 2 Consumable images
- 3 Image Requests
- 4 Categorizing
- 5 Four Words of Congratulations
- 6 Automated Turret project
- 7 Thank you
- 8 Caravan guard
- 9 Denver
- 10 Patrollers rights
- 11 Raider flags
- 12 You need a medal
- 13 Strategy guide quotes
- 14 'stole' your console commands
- 15 NotY
- 16 Image quality
- 17 Plasma rifle
- 18 Robot images
- 19 Merry Christmas and (a bit too early to wish it already, but I'll do it already anyway) a Happy New Year!
- 20 Thank you!
- 21 Merry Christmas!
- 22 Merry Christmas
- 23 Christmas
- 24 Merry Christmas
- 25 Thank you letter
- 26 Merry Christmas 2016
- 27 Merry Christmas!
- 28 Belations, oh my
- 29 NoTY Runner-Up
- 30 Congratulations
- 31 Settlement objects
- 32 Structure Page
- 33 Nuka-World employees
- 34 Toolbox
- 35 Reply: Merry Christmas 2016!
- 36 VW settlement objects
- 37 Capitalization
- 38 Homemade images
- 39 Assaultron image
- 40 Images
- 41 Nuka Cherry grenade
- 42 Hey thank you !
- 43 Vandalism rollback
- 44 Image request
- 45 Bobblehead stand
- 46 Infoboxes
- 47 Mentioned only locations
- 48 Project progress sub pages
- 49 Settlement project progress template
- 50 Been a while
- 51 Wikia's forced addition of videoes to the wiki
- 52 Patroller to Content Moderator
- 53 Content Moderator
- 54 Character affinity
- 55 Been a while
- 56 Pages
- 57 Nukapedia and Fandom/Wikia talks
- 58 Our relationship with Wikia
- 59 Question
- 60 Call to Action
Image uploads[edit source]
Hey! Good job on the recent image uploads. They're quite good to me and I have only one thing to ask you: use the Category:Far Harbor location images tag instead of Category:Far Harbor images and Category:Fallout 4 images. We have a ton of images and it gives a bit more value to your work if it is located in an explicit category instead of drowned in the middle of unrelated images.
- I already corrected the categories on your previous uploads. It's just a note "for the future". --YoDsanklai (talk) 17:28, May 21, 2016 (UTC)
Consumable images[edit source]
Image Requests[edit source]
- Done. SierraX (talk) 23:44, September 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Feel free to drop any more below: SierraX (talk) 23:40, September 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Requesting images for Scavenger (Fallout 4) and Drifter (Fallout 4). --Opifex1 (talk) 14:59, September 24, 2016 (UTC)
- No can do on any of the Hubologists, I accidentally killed them after putting in four fusion cores into the UFO. SierraX (talk) 01:05, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Is it possible for you to go back to an earlier save? If not thats ok. Great job with the other photos, I'll let you know if I have anymore. Also I was wondering if you might be interested on larger photo project that would require a lot of work. Let me know. --Opifex1 (talk) 02:37, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
(←) Sure I'd be interested, but I don't think I'll have this much time to work on the wiki in a few months, but I'd be fine working on it for a few weeks at least. And also, me being the irresponsible person I am, I didn't make another save other than a quicksave before killing the Hubologists. SierraX (talk) 03:36, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
You don't have to add images in Category:Nuka-World images. Just in the most specific category, for example, character images in Category:Nuka-World character images. Jspoel 23:28, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Riiiight. Knew that. SierraX (talk) 23:46, September 20, 2016 (UTC)
Four Words of Congratulations[edit source]
Gratz on 1,000th edit!
- Thank you!! SierraX (talk) 16:00, September 25, 2016 (UTC)
Automated Turret project[edit source]
Hello, as I've said before I have a project that I would like to work with you on. Currently the Automated turret (Fallout 4) page needs a lot of photos. The photos that are missing would need a lot of work to get. Also it might be a good idea to photoshop them so there's no background, such as the photos in Automated turret (Fallout: New Vegas) and Automated turret (Fallout 3). Let me know if you're interested. --Opifex1 (talk) 19:54, September 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Ok I added one picture of the Machinegun turret, thats the only one I could find with google images lol. Use it as a template for the others. I just wish I could completely remove the background but I don't have the right software so that was the best I could do for now. Also if you wanna PM we can go to the chat. Let me know what you think. --Opifex1 (talk) 00:06, September 29, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you[edit source]
Caravan guard[edit source]
Hey SierraX! I hope I fixed what you were asking for, if not, feel fee to let me know and I'll change it further. It was a good idea to make the new page and move/change the older one while making a new disambig page. If you would be interested in how to do it, feel free to ask explanation about the parts you don't know. I think this job doesn't require special admin powers :). - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:44, October 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Glad I could be of help, if you'd encounter similar things later on, feel free to contact me again :) (Disclaimer: response time might be slower next time ;) ). - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:59, October 12, 2016 (UTC)
Hah! I appreciate the request and vote of confidence! I fixed what I could, with what knowledge I have of the Van Buren project and their version of the Legion. Let me know if you see any other pages outside of my usual FO3/FO4 world.
- Understandable, I feel the same way about the general DC Wasteland page. I always check it once in a while. :) Thus spoke Shane for Wax (talk) 03:52, October 20, 2016 (UTC)
Patrollers rights[edit source]
You made a fine argument, here are your rights. Keep in mind, in two months you can think about becoming admin, we can use 1 or 2 new people there. Jspoel 13:05, October 22, 2016 (UTC)
- Will do, thank you. SierraX (talk) 17:50, October 22, 2016 (UTC)
Raider flags[edit source]
- Got it. I'll fix the links on the Nuka-World page then. SierraX (talk) 00:25, October 25, 2016 (UTC)
You need a medal[edit source]
You deserve a medal or a promotion for repairing the vandalism made by http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52 (Lord Chanka (Lord Chanka (talk) 03:41, November 7, 2016 (UTC))
- Thanks, I appreciate it, though Aljohn Salceda did a lot of the page deletion. SierraX (talk) 04:01, November 7, 2016 (UTC)
Here it is![edit source]
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
For all your hard work on the images! Great work, adminship should be 1,5 months ahead. Jspoel 18:04, November 14, 2016 (UTC)
- I whole wholeheartedly support Jspoel's medal for you. If you'd have time spare, join chat for a minute :) - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 18:48, November 14, 2016 (UTC)
Strategy guide quotes[edit source]
Why would you add all those quotes like that to the location pages? That's not really what the quotes are meant for, we've never done that before, and I'm not even sure how that would work with the copyrights. Paladin117>>iff bored; 02:57, November 23, 2016 (UTC)
- They provide additional background. I can change them into references if you'd like, where the reference is just to the survival guide instead of quoting directly. SierraX (talk) 03:00, November 23, 2016 (UTC)
'stole' your console commands[edit source]
Hey! Judging by your post, I seem to understand that you accept the nomination, but could you please add a reply where you explicitly accept the nomination? Just to avoid discussion or confusion later on. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 23:53, December 15, 2016 (UTC)
Image quality[edit source]
Thanks for all those images, but can you enhance their quality? The Carlo's note image is an example; only 76 Kb; the image is somewhat small and not that good of quality, bit blurry. Just try just to use the whole screen as the image (1920*1080 (or at least close to the 1080 height if you need to crop it) and if you save it as .jpg it should be around 1 Mb if you use the quality 11 or 12 (in Photoshop). .Png images are even better, around 2 Mb or larger. Jspoel 15:44, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
- I think it may have to do with:
- Screenshot program - I'm using Snagit, which freezes the screen and allows me to just select the portion that I want to keep in the image, so I don't make any adjustments in Photoshop for most photos. Image quality from the program is pretty mediocre, so I'll take any suggestions for other programs.
- Game resolution - I've been playing on windowed mode, close to 1920x1080 but not there, so I can switch easily between Firefox and the game. I can switch to fullscreen though.
- Dark places - For dark places like the one that Carlo was in, I end up being forced to turn on the flashlight. I have a mod installed to have that power armor type flashlight instead of the awful Pipboy flashlight. Because it creates a circle in the middle of the screen, I usually crop it so that the image is equally lit, which has a pretty bad effect on quality.
So yeah, I'll make a few changes in procedure and get a new screenshot program if you know any. SierraX (talk) 18:30, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
- You could try GIMP. Haven't used it myself but it seems a pretty good program. Photoshop would be best but you probably haven't got it. A tip is to zoom in/get as close to the object image as much you can, so you don't have to crop. For screenshots I use the screenshot option from Fallout 4 Steam itself actually. In the past I've also used Fraps to take screenshots. Jspoel 18:46, December 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Things should be better now. I bumped up the graphics, changed to windowed 1920x1080, and put image quality for the screenshot program, which was default set at 90% without me even knowing, to 100%. I'm getting ~1.5 MB shots now. SierraX (talk) 03:48, December 18, 2016 (UTC)
- I see it. The size and quality has improved quite a bit now. Jspoel 16:47, December 18, 2016 (UTC)
Plasma rifle[edit source]
the Designation for the plasma rifle is explained by Elder Lyons if you ask about the Outcasts —Preceding unsigned comment added by ReneFnock (talk • contribs) 06:08, December 18, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Except that it adds very little to the article, other than unneeded technical detail. It's named plasma rifle in game, so it should be referred to as such. SierraX (talk) 06:07, December 18, 2016 (UTC)
- you have a point sorry its my first day here --ReneFnock (talk) 06:10, December 18, 2016 (UTC)
- It's alright, we all learn through experience. SierraX (talk) 06:12, December 18, 2016 (UTC)
- you have a point sorry its my first day here --ReneFnock (talk) 06:10, December 18, 2016 (UTC)
Robot images[edit source]
These are great images of the protectron models. Are you capturing them in-game and then remove the surroundings with Photoshop? (asked JackiBackiBoy the same thing). But anyway, they look great this way. A lot better then taking them from the Creation Kit. Jspoel 22:29, December 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, I've tried that white box mod too and didn't like what it did to the colors either. Thanks for the tip, I think I may give it a try myself. Still of lot images can do with improvement, like armor and clothing. Jspoel 22:53, December 23, 2016 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and (a bit too early to wish it already, but I'll do it already anyway) a Happy New Year![edit source]
I would like to use the Christmas/New Year-wishes-tradition, to thank those around me who kept this wikia and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have people like you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you who is dear to you. I hope you'll have a great and healthy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 02:29, December 24, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you![edit source]
Merry Christmas![edit source]
Thanks for the gift! A cat, how did you know! It was a purrfect gift (I am really sorry but it's not as bad as some of the crackers!) Merry Christmas and a happy new year of editing! Lachdog 008 (talk) 10:49, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for the gift.. Is this a "vote for me and get a present"? You should participate in U.S. election cycles, haha. But hey, very nice! Thanks for the gorilla! NomadMC (talk) 12:08, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
Merry Christmas[edit source]
Thanks. I got something for you too.
|You have been given a Christmas present!|
Merry Christmas to you, too! Thank you for the gift.12:00, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
Merry Christmas[edit source]
Thanks for the gift, and if I knew how to do all that fancy stuff, I would return the favor. I think you're doing an awesome job on here, yourself. Merry Christmas! StormRider71 (talk) 12:46, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for the well wishes. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you too! Jspoel 21:37, December 25, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you letter[edit source]
Thank you for the nice Pie that tastes delicious. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
Merry Christmas 2016[edit source]
Merry Christmas![edit source]
Goodluck in the NotY as well!
Belations, oh my[edit source]
It was sweet of you to go out of your way - time to hit up the machines and score some of that there Med-X! ;D
I know it's a bit late, but I hope your Christmas was a special one! 寧靜 23:24, December 28, 2016 (UTC)
NoTY Runner-Up[edit source]
Great job in the NoTY! I support ya all the way, Sierra! Keep it up!
On behalf of the 2016 NotY board, I would like to congratulate you on being the runner-up for this year's Nukapedian of the Year! You can find all the details here. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 14:35, January 1, 2017 (UTC)
Settlement objects[edit source]
Problem with merging them to one page is that it becomes way too large and the information is difficult to find. Also, the redirects won't show up in the search bar which is barely acceptable for Fallout 3 and New Vegas (they are just world objects) but not for Fallout 4, because there's more interaction with most settlement objects. Maybe there's an inbetween solution, merging minor objects into one page with a good name, and keep the more important ones or make a small merge with a few. Fallout 4 settlement objects is already a good indication of the more important ones and the minor ones; most of the important object pages are already created. I suggest you browse that page, see what you can merge, what needs to stay a single page, and suggestions of good naming for overview pages (use a sandbox page) Jspoel 18:14, January 2, 2017 (UTC)
This is the last few chairs I have in my Chairs section. A stool is the last one. A little earlier in the line I found those chairs you mention. Jspoel 00:24, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
Structure Page[edit source]
I was wondering if I could you input on an idea I had for the Structure's page with regards to the layout of each category (thought I'd ask as you have done a fair bit with the photography for it). I was thinking of keeping the Category as the header, the using a 4 column table to show sub category, structure name, components required and noteable information. I've put an example on Talk:Structure so it can be reviewed.
I've made a few slip ups with my last couple of edits and I don't want to make a big change for it be wrong and do something drastically wrong which ends up in a revert.
- Thanks for the feedback on that. I've tweaked it a little and looked at the Settlement Objects page. The two pages do seem to overlap over each other a fair bit so I'm wondering if it would be better to kill structures completely and have one single page for all the settlement objects on Fallout 4 settlement objects or to transclude the structures from the current page. Sakaratte (talk)
- I've taken a fresh look at the wiki with settlement objects in mind and settlement objects is overlapping with settlements as well. I'm going to go through and put a project box on the related pages and list everything on the talkpage. We can then work out a plan from there and give the project some extra visibility. Sakaratte (talk) 15:14, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
Nuka-World employees[edit source]
How exactly do those pages have enough content? They all say the exact same thing: "[This person] is an employee of Nuka-World". There's no other details and having pages like that is against policy. Paladin117>>iff bored; 04:07, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
- Actually, these pages look exactly like what the Yangtze Memorial pages used to look like, with about the same amount of information. I still don't see any reason to have them when a single sentence on the cola cars page covers it. Paladin117>>iff bored; 04:45, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
- Those pages looked fine to me. Can't say I see a reason to consider deletion. I still think every character deserves its page, even when there is barely information on that character. And even if one would require there to be at least some unique information about that character, that information is available here. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 11:10, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
Toolboxes are containers, and containers get their own page going by the older games. So the Fallout 4 toolbox can get its own page on Toolbox (Fallout 4), the other can be redirected to Toolbox (Fallout 3). World objects that aren't either a settlement object or a container, can be put on the Fallout 4 miscellaneous world objects. Jspoel 19:17, January 3, 2017 (UTC)
Reply: Merry Christmas 2016![edit source]
Thanks for the present, no idea what a charge card is though. Congratulations on winning Runner's Up for NotY :)
VW settlement objects[edit source]
This page was created because someone, some time ago, decided to list all objects they could in the main page for the Vault-Tec Workshop DLC. It had to go because it was taking almost the entire page and that was not the focus of that page. But then I created the page dedicated to those objects with a copy of the list added by them on the main DLC page.
That list wasn't looking that good, so I decided to recreate it. This DLC added a lot of objects, but most of them were like the same thing but with minor changes. I recreated the list to make it easy and quick to go through all the objects. All the "unique" ones are (probably) listed and the ones that have many variants were also listed, but as a single one with the differences between the variants listed after it.
So the main focus of that new page I created was to list everything, but grouping the ones that could be grouped in order to make it easy to understand and to read. For example, the "Atrium" section had 40 objects, but only five were listed (maybe two more could be there).
I haven't created this page to list absolutely everything in every possible way. It was meant to be simple and quick, while hosting all needed information.
I understand that you're working on your project of "listing everything," but I'd truly appreciate if you could reconsider and revert at least a bit of what you did there. I mean, I like the project you're working on, but this DLC, unlike some others, added mostly the same items a few times and with different textures. Or maybe let me tweak it again to keep what you added but reorganize it similar to how it was before.
Sorry for this message, but I couldn't simply look at that and accept it without saying anything.
If you were to consider what I wrote here, I could try to help cataloging everything for this DLC, with images and all that, but in a more compact and human-friendly way without leaving useful information behind.
14:36, January 6, 2017 (UTC)
I've lost all interest in trying to argue sense with the stubborn people in charge of this wiki, but if you want a bit of ammo to start your own discussion, you could take your recent attempt to capitalize the Dartmouth Professional Building correctly and suggest they google this:
"professional building" boston
And count just how many times the people of Boston actually label any building whose description is "(suchandsuch) Professional Building" without capitalizing all three words.
This sort of erroneous naming is pervasive on the wiki.
I swear, the capitalization rules set out by this bunch of Europeans who run the wiki are just plain wrong and really need revising. Their mule-headed refusal to listen to people who actually live in the USA (or Canada, I know it's the same there) about how people here actually capitalize things drives me insane. They're wrong and they seem utterly incapable of admitting it. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Felice Enellen (talk • contribs) 21:20, January 16, 2017. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Homemade images[edit source]
Hey, SierraX! I realize that I have made a mistake by adding homemade pictures to the official wiki and sincerely apologize. Thank you for letting me know why my pictures were being taken down. I think that this is a great website for Fallout 4, and I hope that it will stay that way.
Assaultron image[edit source]
If you have the time, do you think you could make an image for the assaultron page like you did for the sentry bot and protectron? It currently uses a loading screen image for the infobox and it look atrocious. JMA4269 (talk) 19:36, January 19, 2017 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Nuka Cherry grenade[edit source]
I've taken a look in the Creation Kit, but I think the Nuka Cherry grenade is cut content. You added to the page they can be created, but I see no recipe in the CK, and it's not in the list of grenades at the chemistry station. So I suggest we make it cut content unless you can prove otherwise. Jspoel 00:33, February 14, 2017 (UTC)
Hey thank you ![edit source]
Vandalism rollback[edit source]
Hey Sierra, can you rollback the vandalism on Fallout Wiki:Fallout 4 settlement objects project for me? I'd manually do it if it were one change and I wasn't on my phone. I'm going to message jspoel as well. Sakaratte (talk) 13:38, February 20, 2017 (UTC)
Image request[edit source]
Can you add a faction image on Acadia (faction) like you did on Recon Squad Gladius? Characters should be DiMA, Faraday and Chase I think. How did you create that Gladius image by the way, they take a nice pose. Jspoel 15:46, February 23, 2017 (UTC)
- No need anymore for this one. JackiBackiBoy already has uploaded a nice image. Jspoel 21:01, February 23, 2017 (UTC)
Bobblehead stand[edit source]
Is it possible to amend the Bobblehead stand redirect to use as an article again? My thinking is that Fallout 4 has the constructable object there should be enough content to make a strong article to encompass the stand from and 4 as a strong stand alone. If its not worth the hassle I'll make a new page. Sakaratte (talk) 21:25, February 25, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for getting back to me on that, I wasn't sure if it would affect too much by switching it over. I'm trying to move back to the settlement objects project and the sheer scale of it is much bigger than I anticipated. I'm trying to draw up some sort of progress table as well to make it easier to see the huge to do list (Thats how I picked up on the bobblehead stand). I'll get it up on the project once its ready, unless you want to do something else? Sakaratte (talk) 00:10, February 26, 2017 (UTC)
From working on the misc items it crossed my mind that it might be worth including the required components for crafting in the infobox section as a quick reference for readers. I've had a play around in sandbox with the world template and it appears to work. Do you think its usable or not? Either way its been good practice with templates for me. Sakaratte (talk) 00:18, March 16, 2017 (UTC)
- I hadn't considered cross game issues, but how many objects do we have that are currently cross game? Might be a case of disambiguate the articles if its a small number. I'll wait for the answer before doing anything. Sakaratte (talk) 00:45, March 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Thankfully with there only being a few pages, it shouldn't be too much work. I've slotted components into the template for now, as it does add to the article I don't forsee any issues based on a past discussion with YoD. I'll give it until Sunday before actually using it, at least that will give some of the other mods a chance to look it over and decide if they want to reject it. Sakaratte (talk) 00:24, March 17, 2017 (UTC)
Mentioned only locations[edit source]
I don't think we have a guideline for mentioned only content. Looking at it, the best solution looks to me the bullet format like on the Chicago page, if there's at least some added information to mention for each appearance. On the Anchorage page you have several games with no added info, so there it's ok to list it in one sentence. Jspoel 16:59, March 21, 2017 (UTC)
Project progress sub pages[edit source]
I've just seen you edit comment about using subpages for progress to reduce lag. I'm all for it to reduce load times (I had noticed a delay between loading and the boxes collapsing, but figured it was just me) and they are going to get much larger. My only concern is that we may lose visibility of what is left to do/we end up progress not getting marked off. Did you have an idea in mind on what to leave on the main page to retain some overall visibility?
- It's not a bad idea overall. The main concern I have is that people could update that instead of the actual sub page tables. It just means a little extra monitoring on our part to fix and nudge people.
I'll get a start on it this weekend and next week. I'm going to partially template the table to make it easier to work with. It's horrendously awkward to work with as is especially on small screens. I can set it locally for the wiki for make it modular enough to extend to other projects and set it globally in the main template store. Sakaratte (talk) 18:30, March 29, 2017 (UTC)
Settlement project progress template[edit source]
I've come up with a replacement template for the progress tables documentation which should allow working with the tables much easier. The main concern with the old table was it was very difficult to navigate in source and update and the row labels should make this much easier.
I plan to make it more modular in the long term so it can be used as a general progress table for all future projects if users wants to use it. At present I'm looking for feedback and changes before uploading it to the Settlements object project. A working example can be found here if you want to see a working example. Let me know if you're happy with the changes or if there is anything you want changing/adding/etc. Sakaratte (talk) 14:11, April 2, 2017 (UTC)
Been a while[edit source]
- I suspected that might be the case, Peace has dropped off the grid recently too. I give it to the end of June before people start to fully return. Certainly good to know you'll be around this weekend, you might want to say hi to Jacki while you're here. Sakaratte - Talk to the cat 00:50, May 20, 2017 (UTC)
Wikia's forced addition of videoes to the wiki[edit source]
Hello, This is a message to all listed active members of the leadership team, so please accept my apologies if this seems a little impersonal.
As you may be aware, Wikia/Fandom have added a number of videos to pages on the wiki that they have self authored. Although the consensus view so far seems to be that these are not to our standards, I encourage you to view these for yourself and make up your own mind.
You can find a link to all the videos, and a petition I would like you to consider here. If you believe that these videos do not meet our standards, detract from the wiki, and should be removed, I encourage you to vote yes on this petition. You are of course welcome to vote no if you do not believe this is the case.
Patroller to Content Moderator[edit source]
Are you implying that I am a nuisance?
By the way it's good to see you again (formerly ReneFnock)
Content Moderator[edit source]
As discussion on Content moderators stalled last month and there was plenty of input, I have now raised a forum with a policy to vote on based upon the comments. When you have a moment, can you take a look at cast your votes? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:48, November 11, 2017 (UTC)
Character affinity[edit source]
Apologies for the generic message.
This forum was raised almost a week ago to tweak article guidelines so we could get companion reactions added into the layout guidelines with the hope of achieving a consensus rather than a vote. Can you take 5 minutes to cast your eye over and give your input? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:37, May 12, 2018 (UTC)
Been a while[edit source]
Remember, not all words of the title of the article are to be capped. Words like "trainyard" are not, say, symbolic enough to be capped.14:32, June 19, 2018 (UTC)
Nukapedia and Fandom/Wikia talks[edit source]
Apologies for the impersonal nature of this message, as I'm relaying the same thing to admins and people who have previously expressed a view on featured video. Forgive me if I tell you some things you already know.
We have a call scheduled with Wikia this Friday. We need your input - and the input from as many others as possible. We're hoping to settle once and for all what our relationship is, if it can be salvaged, and what the future should be, as until we settle these featured video can't be settled.
Please, have a look at this forum and tell us what you think.
In addition to looking at our own future hosting option, we've also been in talks with other hosts. Included in these is Gamepedia/Curse. We have an ongoing dialogue with them, and if you have any questions about a possible unification to the vault, please do let me know and I'll relay any similar response we've had, and if your question is a first, I'll ask the question.
Our relationship with Wikia[edit source]
Hi, as you may know we've been discussing our relationship with Wikia the past few months. Now, as a user rights holder I'd like you to participate in the vote here. Jspoel 13:32, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
hey I need to ask you how did you get that picture of the brotherhood of steel eyebot is that from a mod or actually in the game if you could give a clear answer as to how you obtained the image that that would be great184.108.40.206 15:45, April 10, 2019 (UTC)
Call to Action[edit source]
There have been quite a few sweeping changes to the wiki lately, and now that the Unified Community Platform has come to fruition here, it's more important than ever for our leadership to get together and inspire innovative changes for the next generation of wiki editors/readers.
As someone who is somewhat inactive myself, I understand how life gets in the way, and I'll fully understand if many of you are unable to commit, but I'd still like to try my best to appeal to you all in getting involved in a few of our currently active projects; especially so since rights-users participating in our discussions/votes are at an all-time low, and many internal decisions are having to be made between a select few users, which is bad for building consensus on important matters.
As such, I would like to ask for you all to look into two of our most important projects right now, as it would mean a lot to me and the wiki if as many people as possible got directly involved in helping shape our future:
- The Vault Academy is a program for the training and acclimation of new and even veteran users, training them on how to get involved in the various facets of the wiki, as well as helping them build bonds with their fellow users. The program has kicked off in a big way, and we are in desperate need of more rights-users to sign on as mentors, as we're having to share multiple mentees between each mentor. If you're looking to leave your mark on the wiki, then signing onto TVA program will be your way of doing so.
- As a minor update, we now have a new plagiarism point of contact. Should you suspect plagiarized content is at play, please get into point with the user FDekker who will be the initial handler of all such cases going forward.
- We have an upcoming meeting of the minds coming up on the 20th of this month, and we need people to come forth and pitch their ideas for adapting to the recent UCP changes, and to possibly adopt some of the ideas that our new datamining friends have been pitching to us.
Thanks for your consideration, and I do hope to hear back from you all! Even if it is just some of you dropping by to check the place out and say a quick hello. 寧靜 14:12, 13 November 2020 (UTC)