|This page contains archived information from User talk:SaintPain. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
SaintPain → LIVE from the Valley O Death" 08:11, August 26, 2011 (UTC)
Please be sure to sign your posts so I know to whom I should reply *~!
Talk to me about anything.
* I am open to booth give & take well intended advice.
A wee example of what I offer :
Talk to Lucas Simms at Megaton and agree to disarm the Megaton atomic bomb, with or with out the Speech challenge. Disarm the bomb, then collect your Megaton house key 000151e4 and deed. Then trade with Ms Moira Brown at Craterside Supply and buy the home improvements you'd like i.e. the Wasteland explorer theme & the Jukebox . Then open your PC Console command ~ input the command " player.StartQuest7b234 ". The Tenpenny Tower suite, with the same Theme and as the ones you bought in megaton will be yours. Just use the Unlock command on the Suite's door, there after the suite will also be yours, the bed that provides the Well Rested perk , the suite's robot butler, optional jokes, free water & all.
SaintPain → That was broke a'fore I got here!
- 1 Class
- 2 Signature
- 3 Background
- 4 Yer helpin' me
- 5 Re: A voice of support
- 6 Made you something
- 7 Er, was that you?
- 8 Lover's Mark stashes
- 9 The Earth Crystal
- 10 Infobox Challenge
- 11 Coat Of Arms Avatar
- 12 Your Icon
- 13 Fallout: New Vegas creatures project finished
- 14 Voting
- 15 Chat
- 16 Read this, Mate
- 17 No problem
- 18 Poll idea
- 19 5.56mm pistol
- 20 Yes I will dare to quote my self when I know I am rite.
- 21 Protection is for squares
- 22 Baseball bat
- 23 Major Tom
- 24 Greeting from the world of tomorrow!
- 25 Icon
- 26 Sentiment
- 27 Ruzka's lair
- 28 Align
- 29 Raider compound south central
- 30 Images
- 31 Reply
- 32 RE: I wish you well in all you do
- 33 Logo
- 34 Ban
- 35 Agent c
- 36 Chat Ban
- 37 Guitfiddle
- 38 Reply
- 39 RE:You know how folks should be spoken to
- 40 Hey there
- 41 Poll
- 42 Zen image
- 43 My oddly placed bookends
- 44 Bookends
- 45 Chickenshit
- 46 Re:Brother I don't know how else to reach you
- 47 Nuka Breaker
- 48 Reply
- 49 Chat
- 50 Chat ban lift request
- 51 Chat
- 52 RE: My vote
- 53 Self vote
- 54 Invite for chat
- 55 Chad's TP
- 56 I never said goodbye!
- 57 Page
- 58 Army
- 59 Chat ban
- 60 Reply
- 61 Untitled
- 62 A Formal Apology
- 63 Appeal result
- 64 NUN
- 65 "Books"
- 66 Bookends
- 67 Images Galore
- 68 Images from Steam
- 69 Re: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- 70 New User Network
- 71 Voices from the dark
- 72 Obstructive signature picture
- 73 Fan art
- 74 Archives
- 75 Sig Image vote
- 76 Restored archive
Just going to throw it out their but you probably have the classiest looking PC ever, the monkey adds to your swag. ToestheUnwholy 02:02, June 23, 2011 (UTC)
Something like this? SaintPain That was broke a'fore I got here!
Paste: [[File:Cup.jpg|link=User talk:SaintPain]][[User:SaintPain|SaintPain]] '''That was broke a'fore I got here!'''
And add the one you want to the custom signature section in preferences.
<div style="position:fixed; top:0px; margin-left:-664px; z-index:-99;">[[File:User Avatar left.jpg|link=]]</div> <div style="position:fixed; top:0px; margin-left:988px; z-index:-99;">[[File:User Avatar right.jpg|link=]]</div> Just copy and paste the above. 18:38, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
Yer helpin' me[edit source]
Howd didja change your profile page's background??? Anyway, use the chat. I'd like to talk to you sometime. -- Valoopy 04:10, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
Alright, thanks pal. I'll probably do it when I get New Vegas, probs get Hoover Dam, but thanks a ton!
Re: A voice of support[edit source]
Made you something[edit source]
I've noticed all the presents being made, so I thought I'd make one for you...
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
You've got some Monkey Madness, brother! --SP
Er, was that you?[edit source]
Did you just give me a BanHammer mid pun?
---Autumn- 00:45, July 18, 2011 (UTC) your awesome
Re: Er, was that you? ~ For the record, ((Autumn thought I was a mod that band him.)) We shared a laugh about it. To me it is notable of as some fun I had here
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 02:09, October 5, 2012 (UTC)
Lover's Mark stashes[edit source]
I saw how much effort you put into that page and that it was going to be deleted so I saved all the info on the page to a doc. I also asked the Brotherhood of Steel Role-players on Facebook to help try and save it and send the link to everyone they could because this page really helped me and helped a lot of other people. -Shishkabob9000
The Earth Crystal[edit source]
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Gaurd it with your life The Netherealm awaits for you
Seeing as your a saint i belive the earth crystal would suit you, if you want to exchange it for a dark crystal let me know, FYI- Yes Man and Butterflykiss all ready have the Water and Wind Crystals so there taken.
Infobox Challenge[edit source]
Congratulations, your entry came in 1st place! I would like to set up an interview with you to be featured along with your entry in the next edition of SNM! You also get the opportunity to request a logo from our very own Doc Incognito. Skål! 23:03, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- They should definitely add him in as a wild wasteland companion. :D Skål! 00:48, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll have an interview set up in a little while and I'll send you a link to it when I am finished. I probably won't have it up for awhile tonight, so feel free to answer the questions tomorrow if that's more convenient for you! Skål! 01:09, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
Coat Of Arms Avatar[edit source]
Hey there Saint. So, are you looking for an avatar that incorporates your coat-of-arms, or simply an avatar that IS your coat of arms? If the former, what else would you like the avatar to involve?
- Hm, perhaps a number of us are on separate pages; it very well may have been an assumption of mine that I was making you an avatar. Regardless, I can craft you whatever piece of Photoshopped art that you like. Name your type– banner, avatar, logo, screen, anything- then describe it as well as you can imagine it, and I'll put something together for you in the coming days. Sorry for the confusion here. 04:40, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
Here is all I know : GarouxBloodline had an info box contest , I entered Major Tom as seen in the lower 1/2 of my user page.
- GarouxBloodline then said Major Tom was chosen as first place and so as GarouxBloodline requested I am here. I guess the point would be a banner with a creative representation of my coat of arms & some message on the banner that relates to GarouxBloodline's completion.. GarouxBloodline might be the best one to ask for details M8 ~ I've seen your work, What ever y'all come up with, I am sure it will be awesome ~;) Have fun with it !
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 01:26, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
Your Icon[edit source]
Hi Saint. Got your message. I don't mind what you vote for, my main concern is that people were singling you out because you voted no. Everyone, admin or not, should have a fair say, and I think that to protest somebody's no vote is somewhat juvenile. We are a democratic Wiki, and if you want to vote no for whatever reason, you have all the right to. I just don't want to see any flame wars start because of it. 01:01, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
Fallout: New Vegas creatures project finished[edit source]
You have been awarded the Nukapedia Project Medal for your efforts within the Fallout: New Vegas creatures project.
Hey, Saint. No need to apologise, you have the right not to vote if you don't want to vote. Don't feel bad about it. I know people have given you a hard time for your choices in the past. I'm trying to get the community to have their say freely, and to get a B-Crat who really knows what the people want. So, don't feel bad because I fully understand. 22:44, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Read this, Mate[edit source]
Hey Saint has been long time since we talked how is everyting
Hey this is The Ncr long time since we spoke
No problem[edit source]
no problem. I know so much about the elder scrolls lore its sad --Bardenvellwood 19:40, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
Poll idea[edit source]
I like that. I might couple it with a hilarious suggestion I received - "Fallout monster beauty pageant". Maybe I'll make that next week's poll. Thanks for the suggestion, brother. 12:49, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
Glad you enjoyed it, amigo :)
If you had any wacky ideas for a weapon, I'd gladly include it in next week's poll. I know you're creative, so you must have plenty of great ideas. If you think of any, just send them my way. 04:04, June 5, 2012 (UTC)
5.56mm pistol[edit source]
- It's generic, because unlike That Gun, which is one-of-a-kind, you can get multiple 5.56mm pistols. The pistol was added because That Gun was one of the few unique weapons that didn't have a generic version. Also, I wasn't the only one reverting your edits. Paladin117>>iff bored; 02:28, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
Yes I will dare to quote my self when I know I am rite.[edit source]
- It is called convention or belief when masses stand against a all sides.
I replied ~ " Still wrong ~ The weapon is not generic it is GRA so a special add on. Even thought it is common after the DLC it is still more than FO3 generic. "
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 03:10, June 11, 2012 (UTC)
Protection is for squares[edit source]
I locked the page because of the edit warring going on. As for your image, is there any chance you can provide us with a better one; focusing more on the logo? I really really don't like the current one, seeing as in how it's focusing on the rubble mainly. If you can do that for me, then I have no problem with letting you add an image to that page. Skål! 07:55, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks much better. I appreciate you going through the extra effort. Skål! 09:36, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Nahh, the lock wore off quite awhile ago. Skål! 09:40, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- You're right. It seems I was looking at an entirely different Vault-Tec page. Feel free to edit that page now. Skål! 09:48, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- The page is about the company, so therefore the infobox image should best reflect the company and not the location. I am not against the inclusion of the image into the page itself, hence why I moved it down to the gallery instead of removing it. But I see no reason for it to be put as the main image, when we have a perfectly good logo. Doing so could confuse readers at first glance as to what the page is about. 10:28, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- You're right. It seems I was looking at an entirely different Vault-Tec page. Feel free to edit that page now. Skål! 09:48, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Nahh, the lock wore off quite awhile ago. Skål! 09:40, June 13, 2012 (UTC)
Baseball bat[edit source]
Now you're a member here of the community for a long time already and still you don't know how to make proper sentences. On the baseball bat page, the word 'The' is just fine instead of 'This'. In the next sentence I see 2 times the word 'is' and 'at more than on vendor'? What is that supposed to mean? And you used it's where it's meant as the possessive 'its'. And I think it was an unnecessary note where you put it. If you can't properly spell and actually improve content, better stay off the editing. Jspoel 11:13, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Major Tom[edit source]
Don't worry, Major Tom has always been yours, and only yours. :) In no way will the Moose ever take credit for someone's work that isn't our own. Skål! 06:47, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah! My apologies for misunderstanding. The Doc is on a hiatus, but I believe he still answers his e-mail. Let me send him a message and we'll see about getting you that long deserved icon. Skål! 07:03, June 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Hopefully we shall hear back from him soon then. As for your talk-page, you may archive it if you wish. I'll have to revert your edit again if you actually remove the content itself. I know this is an inconvenience to many here, but we all must follow policy. I hope you can understand. Skål! 07:17, June 17, 2012 (UTC
Greeting from the world of tomorrow![edit source]
Hello SaintPain. I'm terribly sorry, I completely dropped the ball on your icon prize thingamajig. Garoux just reminded me, so I'm here to set things right. Can you describe to me, in as much detail as possible, what you are looking for?
- All about Major Tom? You got it. I'll check back when I have a completed image.
- Hey there SaintPain. I have what may or may not be what you're looking for. What do you think? Poke me with how you'd like me to improve the image.
I'm happy to see someone still appreciates my presence around here. I'm afraid I won't be able to stay though. As much as I typically enjoy my time around here, I have more pressing matters in the real world that require my attention. Unfortunately, these matters are going to take up quite a bit of my time. Around 6 years, to be exact. Maybe you'll still be here when I get back? ;) Skål! 01:39, June 22, 2012 (UTC)
Ruzka's lair[edit source]
I'm growing a bit tired of this. We still need to check and correct a lot of your edits. You spend all this time on the wiki and you still don't know the guidelines, like the order of sections on pages, notable loot and decapping. I suggest you read the Fallout Wiki:Policies and guidelines once more. Jspoel 02:07, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Saint. As we've discussed in chat, the content you've moved did not fit according to our current policies and guidelines. And so they have been removed. Since you only moved and reorganised the content, it was to be removed anyway. Your persistence and seemingly failing to understand what others were explaining to you earned you that chat ban, which is to be lifted today. --Skire (talk) 14:06, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
How do I get pictures to align to the left or right? Thanks
Raider compound south central[edit source]
A table with some loot is not really interesting imaging in my opinion. There are more interesting pictures to take, like the other examples on the Vault 92 page. Or maybe some scenery location images outside. And can you up the resolution? The higher the better. When I take my screenshots I set to to 1280x1024. Jspoel 00:32, August 6, 2012 (UTC)
- There are more respectful ways to pass on friendly advice.
- I never quoted you.
- According to the rest of the wiki, positions of responsibility are not "overused".
RE: I wish you well in all you do[edit source]
I understand what you meant, and I assure you I will be just. Thank you for the well wishes, it means a lot to me!
Glad you like it, Casper :) JasmineJo 19:50, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
Ban lifted as I decided it was too harsh, but you know darned well that word is sensitive and restricted. I think you might have been trying my patience but I can't be certain, so you get the benefit of the doubt. Agent c (talk) 03:17, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Prior to that comment, you also posted "Gay is as Gay does". I can't see another way of interprenting that in a way that puts it in a good light, and cant see how it was relevenat to the conversation at that point. Your response I felt was trying my patience on that point, but I've given you the benefit of the doubt. The chat ban has been removed. Agent c (talk) 03:27, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Agent c[edit source]
I'd appreciate a little more respect to Chad. While we did tell him that we felt your ban was unnecessary, we left it up to him whether or not to lift it. Had Chad not been so lenient, you'd be chat-banned for life. I wouldn't go so far as to call it abuse. You're free to come back into the chat whenever you'd like. There is no need to rub this in Chad's face. ~ Toci ~ Go ahead, make my day. 03:31, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Chat Ban[edit source]
Saint, after multiple users and I reviewed the previous chat session, the chat made a unanimous decision to ban you. Unfortunately for you, that makes that chat session your last. The next ban is infinite. Your offenses included personal attacks to me, whining, spamming music lyrics, and then arguing about being told to stop. In short, you went too far this time. You broke the last straw. I'm sorry for the uncouth message, but this is what it has come too. The chat ban is infinite. And no, this is not power abuse. Victor the Insane Cowboy Robot 20:38, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Your ban, as per above, was by Vic. DB concurred, and I didn't object to it. Agent c (talk) 20:45, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
- No, there is nothing to rethink. You broke the last straw. And I don't have to be polite. I didn't intend to show you I think highly of you, because frankly, I do not. I would never outright insult you, but I try to be polite as a courtesy. Don't use that as a weapon against me. Victor the Insane Cowboy Robot 21:01, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
Simply a fancy term for a guitar sir. Peace and loveToestheUnwholy 22:26, August 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hi SaintPain. Thanks for letting us know about the problem. You may tell Ant2242 that I have forwarded the issue to User:GhostAvatar, who may know more regarding the cause. --Skire (talk) 02:20, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
Alright, but I'd like you to word it so it seems like you're discussing possible changes/improvements to the article instead of just describing an experience. --Skire (talk) 22:19, September 5, 2012 (UTC)
RE:You know how folks should be spoken to[edit source]
Hi Saint, what's up.
Thanks for the message. You hit the nail on the head there - people like to be treated respectfully, and they should be treated with respect regardless of who they are. I mean, even a dick doesn't want to be called a dick... so I figured what gives us the right to do so? At the end of the day we're all equal, admin or not.
Anyway, keep doing whatever it is that you do best. I'll see you around. 12:35, September 7, 2012 (UTC)
Hey there[edit source]
How are things going? I was wondering if the Fallout faction overhaul project is still in progress or is it idle. I've moved it to inactive for now. If anything changes let me know. I'm cleaning up the projects.--Kingclyde (talk) 00:25, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Been good. Haven't been editing much but just been chatting and been in the forums. Been busy with work so this is a second priority.--Kingclyde (talk) 02:40, September 8, 2012 (UTC)
Zen image[edit source]
Yes, I like it very much myself too. These are the kind of gems you're always looking for. Was kinda surprised I hadn't caught it missing myself earlier. Jspoel 14:34, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
My oddly placed bookends[edit source]
You're completely correct. I was never really happy with how those came out. I took an image of the Memorial and just cut it in half so you'd see most of the statue, but the way the flag pole came out looks disjointed. If you want to take a gander at it, you're more than welcome. The original (public domain) pic is here. Thanks for offering, Sierra Papa. 21:12, September 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, Saint, thank you. They are on proud display on my userpage now. I appreciate it very much. :) 01:14, September 13, 2012 (UTC)
Glad you like them, brother. I added a bit of Bowie flair, because Mr Jones is impossible to resist. If Bowie was in a Fallout game, that would rock harder than any of his classic hits... well, maybe not that much. 04:51, September 12, 2012 (UTC)
Saint, I will take everything you said under consideration. Like you said, the rule itself is not the issue. The question is whether the name of the rule is instigatory in any of itself. Your Sergeant Major analogy has reminded me to apply the chickenshit rule to this situation. Let me think about this and see if the rule name itself qualifies as chickenshit. As you say, the rule can work just as well with another name. Oh, and thanks for the other bookends. I need to get those put on my page. I like 'em a little better than the first ones, so I'll move those to one of my other userpages. Semper Fi. 18:03, September 16, 2012 (UTC)
Re:Brother I don't know how else to reach you[edit source]
I'm flattered by your gesture, truly. Believe it or not, I think you're an amazing man, and I respect you. Alas, I'm going on holiday, and when I return I am going to be very busy. So much so that I'm going to take a lot of time off the Wiki (perhaps indefinitely). The grass is finally looking greener on my side for once, and I don't want it to escape me.
It was an honour to know you, and even more so to be your friend. We might not get a chance to interact for quite some time from hereon out, but just remember to never let anyone get you down and always stay true to yourself no matter the odds. Nice knowing you! 04:45, September 19, 2012 (UTC)
Nuka Breaker[edit source]
No, I do not have some grudge against you. While I can ask someone to check, unique is an actual game term used in the game's files and there are sometimes multiple "unique" weapons, like Elijah's advanced LAER. The only other thing you edited was adding the locations under Characteristics, but they were already listed under Locations, where they belong. Paladin117>>iff bored; 13:33, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
I am sorry that you are unable to join chat any more, but I'm also glad to see you sticking around the wiki and giving input on community matters. The key is that the bans as well as ban length are up to the discretion of those on scene, one of whom I was not. See you around. --Skire (talk) 18:52, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
Say Saint Pain, I'd like to talk something over with you in XCOM chat. Give me a ping if you're there, ok? Jspoel 20:03, September 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Never heard of XCOM: Enemy Unknown? It's a big game coming up and I'm the founder of the wiki. You can find it at XCOM. Give me a ping as soon as you read this and have time to chat today, preferable earlier than 8 pm for you, because that's already very late for me. Jspoel 14:48, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Saint, can you get in XCOM chat for a moment. Jspoel 00:29, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
Chat ban lift request[edit source]
You're welcome. Your permaban has bothered me till this day and as this special day is nearing, I felt it the right thing do to making this effort for you. You've spoken well for yourself in the thread, the best you can do I think. I had hoped for some better results up till now, we will have to wait some more to see how it turns out eventually. Jspoel 23:28, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
Pain, I understand you may have the backing of Jspoel and Sigma, however, this does not change my vote. You're a great person, you've helped out a lot of images, but you don't seem to work out well with chat. Being banned 5 times necessitates a permanent ban for a reason. I'm sorry it had to end like that, but you should have been more careful, plain and simple. I know what Victor said could be seen as "General dislike", but when I was in on multiple occasions, you insulted my own position as admin, like I was out to get everyone. That doesn't make the (Quite fair in my opinion) Admins and Mods very happy.-- 05:12, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
RE: My vote[edit source]
I may not know the full details as to what has occured for you to receive a Permanent Ban but ive been around the chat room times before when you have been banned and i have seen first hand how you can get, you have accused admins, moderators and even me of "abusing our power" when we cleary did nothing wrong, this was a while ago, i even recall you using some procative terms in the chat room about Limmie running for Admin and i for one do not tolerate such behaviour, let be coming from you or any other user from this wikia, you have been banned in the past and rules are rules, it would seem this was the final ban which is inevitable when someone gets banned many times, i know it must be painful but these things happen, if we begun giving you a second chance then who next?, it was terrible enough when people gave Yakov a second chance when clearly he did not even deserve it and look what happened there, he got banned again, as i said its nothing personal Pain, i like you for who you are but action must be taken here, if i was to be permament banned i would be very pissed off as you are right now but of course i would except my fate.TheNemesisx 07:48, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
Self vote[edit source]
What are you trying to play at, voting yes on your own request? I'm not allowing that. That's silly, and the vote should be left to others to decide, not yourself. If you must comment, comment. But you do not get to vote for yourself like that.-- 08:03, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
No, thst was the basis for the ban I undid the day before, and I am still not satisfied with the response. "Gay" is a sensitive word we do not allow in some contexts, such as its derogitary meaning. What exact does a "gay" do in this "joke"? Agent c (talk) 10:17, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
Invite for chat[edit source]
Saint, I just received word from the other bureaucrats they're ok with letting you in chat, now we celebrate 15 years of Fallout and my 100,000th edit. As you know I feel you should be able to there with us when I make that edit. After the party is over, I'm afraid we will have to reininstate that chat-ban again, as the vote isn't over yet and to be honest, the result so far doesn't show much promise yet. So you may want to think it over if you want all this. The invitation stands, I will now lift your chat-ban for the duration of the party. Jspoel 20:45, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
Chad's TP[edit source]
I never said goodbye![edit source]
You uploaded that joke page into the namespace, instead a blog (which I assume it was meant to be). Can you rename it and put "User blog:SaintPain/Dissecting a joke" after "/wiki/"? Saves it being deleted.--Talk 15:42, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Ok so Agent C still has questions about what I saw as a harmless play on words.
The line was "Gay is as Gay dose."
First I admit, I'm not a professional comedian but even considering that the joke is just a fail. I have thought about variations and it just dose not work. Straight is as straight folks do. What can ya do, not every joke can be a side splitting belly roller, I'm sorry about that but I can honestly say the joke was in no way intended to come of as homophobic or in any way derogatory to anyone's life style. It was just random and I do not even recall the context, it was just a harmless take off of the line from Forrest Gump "Stupid is as stupid dose".
There is no need to read too much into it, I was not trying to imply that being gay is stupid. It was just an attempt to be funny that sadly failed.
I am sorry my light hearted play on words was such a bomb, maybe there should have been a two drink minimum der ta der ~;P
In short, I am sorry if anyone miss interpreted my intent. It was really quite innocent, with no ulterior motive or cloaked slur. It was just a joke that failed, even more so now that it needed to be explained. Even a good joke looses it's humor once dissected.
So there it is laid wide open, guts all removed to individual petri dishes for microscopic examination and I hope all can now see there was never any malice involved in the death of that stupid joke.
Cup.jpgSaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 15:33, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Here's the message in its entirety, sorry for the inconvenience. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
- I'm afraid I can't actually make a page in another user's blogspace, it says I do not have the permissions to create the page (tried on another wiki where I'm b'crat), so it seems you'll just have to make it again, sorry. --Talk 16:03, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
- ultimately Pain, it still explains nothing. Entymology tells me where it comes from, not what the words mean. It seems to be able to be read with the following meanings:
- People who are homosexual do as homosexuals do - I can't recall the exact conversation but this would have been a non sequitor, unless the topic was what gay people do in the bedroom, I cant see this making much sense
- People who are undesirable (Gay in the derogary sense, I mean this not offensively but as an illustration) do as homosexuals do - Banned interpretation.
- People who are homosexual do as undesirable people do - Banned Interpretation
- People who are undesirable do as undesirables do - Banned Interpretation
(I'm ignoring the archaic happy interpretation of the word, as its rarely, if ever, meant that way).
Unless the chatroom is talking about what gay people do, I can't see how this could be a joke. I'm reasonably confident we were not discussing this. It just ultimately seems another random comment from yourself, not unlike "In the Getto". Agent c (talk) 16:09, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
I feel I feel I need to clear the air on something here. Its not that I don't like you - I am quite ambivalent about you personally. However, what I am is someone who believes in the importance of rules, and enforcing them. You've recieved special treatment with regards to the rules before - I know because I've done it, and others have admitted to doing so. I'm tired of people asking me why you've been able to get away with stuff that they can't, or hearing about things like the "In the ghetto" incident that happen when mods are there. None of this is personal, its just this time you're on the wrong side of it. I hope this makes my motives clear, and clears up any misunderstanding between us. Agent c (talk) 20:41, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Saint, I talked to you in chat before and not much else, but I know you spent a lot of time in the army. I was just wondering if you really thought it was a good thing, because I'm looking to join later, too. I wish you the best of luck on your ban situation, and I hope I get to hear from you later. "Respect and Honor" 20:10, October 1, 2012 (UTC)
I'm gonna try to go for a combat job, the one being most interesting to me was 19D - Cavalry Scout. With combat jobs, would you have any other suggestions? "Respect and Honor" 09:25, October 2, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, man, I'll have to do some research on those jobs, and ask around and see if anyone else has had field experience, I'm doing some Army PT's currently, and running to prepare myself. Thanks for the advice, Pain, I hope to see you in the chat. "Respect and Honor" 23:05, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
Chat ban[edit source]
That is correct. You behavior was fine and that was great. I reinstated your ban due to the festivities being over that's all. I think you were behaving yourself quite nicely.--Kingclyde (talk) 05:34, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
Well, try to be more edit active. But the requirement is that you should also be community active (like commenting on blogs and forums) and wait for a while to calm things down.
From community, you could participate in New User Network as a mentor, or maybe suggest a new background, as discussed in the forum. Then you might have a chance to enter the chat again. Energy X ∞ 11:00, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, you can sign here and wait until a new editor comes and ask Agent c if he approves if that user and you are a good team. Energy X ∞ 10:17, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Saint. In a few short days your poll will close, and it seems like what has to be said is almost all said by now. If you are unable to join chat ever again I want to say one thing: that I do not, for a second, believe you have any intention of malice. You are a rather enigmatic person, and even I do not fully understand you sometimes, but I believe you are a good person at heart and undeserving of this rather severe punishments. But on the other hand, those who oppose your chat ban lift do raise good points, many of which go further than just this case itself. No matter what happens I look forward to seeing you here, doing what you do, uploading your images and whatnot =) Take care. --Skire (talk) 23:12, October 4, 2012 (UTC)
A Formal Apology[edit source]
Being treated unfairly and then apologized to doesn't make you lucky, it just makes you a victim of a crime that was forgiven by a perpetrator who regretted his actions. I shouldn't have banned you in the first place. I let petty emotions get in the way of my decision making, and I acted like a child. And for that I am very sorry. However, I'm reluctant to say I'm only partially in favor of unbanning you. It doesn't set a good example, unbanning people and revoking punishments. Decisiveness is an important quality an effective governing body must have, or else it falters. Personally I wish I could undo all of my actions. But professionally, I know I can't, and I know it might not be the best thing to do. I'm split on the issue, really. But just know that as your friend, I am genuinely sorry for my actions. Might I Say You're Looking Fit As a Fiddle! 20:53, October 6, 2012 (UTC)
Appeal result[edit source]
Sorry, Saint, you didn't make it. Too many no votes and we would create a precedent if we would let you pass. There will be a big chance of other appeal requests coming in and that's not something we want or are prepared for right now. My opinion remains that your eternal chatban is way out of proportion but the bc's hands are tied at the moment. Maybe in the future after reviewing policy you may still have a chance coming back. I think you deserve another chance, but it will have to wait till a later date. Jspoel 21:51, October 6, 2012 (UTC)
Hey man, it's Loyal. I got your message about my art. Thanks for the compliment. Um, I don't really like cartooning people I don't know. It's a Trout thing. Sorry. Loyalart12 (talk) 02:46, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
Heard you were interested in helping out with the New User Network. Add your name to the list of "mentors" and give a little list of your areas of expertise, like images and whatnot. 23:03, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Just to avoid any confusion, I asked Gunny to look into your situation to avoid any possible bias, so if its okay with him, its okay with me. Welcome to the NUN. Agent c (talk) 23:26, October 7, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, they look right crooked, but I have no idea how to fix that besides tweaking the numbers and image sizes - trial and error. I can't be bothered fixing mine, so I'll leave them for now. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
Wikia's margins changed. Before the change I had mine at:
<div style="position:fixed; top:0px; margin-left:990px; z-index:-99;"> (For the image that is now moving into the page, the first
Afer they changed it, this meant it went into the page itself, rather than sitting in the space along the side. I have through trial and error found a value that places it in the outside once again:
<div style="position:fixed; top:0px; margin-left:1020px; z-index:-99;">
After changing it
Increasing the 990px to 1020px fixed it and placed it where it should be. On yours, the broken image is set to 994px, changing it to 1020px will fix it. --Talk 14:31, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks like Dragon found a solution for the bookends. Just now I read your comment on your own talkpage about the bad joke. Funny, really the only thing I was relating it to was exactly what you said referencing Tom Hank's famous quote. Didn't think you meant intentionally harm with it. But I guess it was one of the straws that built up to the ban you now face. I still have to take a look at review of permabans, maybe it can lead to some kind of result for you. Jspoel 15:47, October 11, 2012 (UTC)
Images Galore[edit source]
You are very kind to have done that for us. I'll make sure to update the Moose with those shortly. ^^ Some Assembly Required! 01:14, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
Images from Steam[edit source]
I'm playing XCOM now on Steam and I've made some screenshots by using F12. Steam stores them in /Program files/Steam/userdata/... (screenshot submap). You should be able to find the FNV screenshots there too somewhere. Jspoel 01:23, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
- In the Windows Explorer, click with the right mouse button on the file you want to move, select the option Cut, then browse to the map you want to put the file in (the map your image program uses), then click right mouse button again and select Paste. Jspoel 02:35, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
Re: R-E-S-P-E-C-T[edit source]
New User Network[edit source]
Hi Pain, a little more detail than I'm used to, but its great to have you on board... Have someone who's just signed up who might be a good match. SuperTaiko1 has requested a mentor. Much like yourself he has a bit of an artistic side, I've seen his work on a few fan made pics and items. Seems a bit sure as to where to start on editing... Might be a good match. Stop by his TP and say hi when you have a chance. Agent c (talk) 18:59, October 16, 2012 (UTC)
Voices from the dark[edit source]
Not sure what you want me to do right now, but the forum of reviewing ban-policy has ended and resulted in the possibility for permabannees to put in a request for lifting the ban. Quite some terms have to be met to pass and you will still have to wait awhile, but if you stay active with a positive attitude, I think you can go for it when the times comes in about 10 months. Jspoel 21:15, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- It gives you merit you didn't even vote for that request, while you were allowed to and would have been in your favor. If it was for me you'd already be able to chat again by now as I've always felt you don't mean real harm. This was the best we could do but at least it is a result. Jspoel 22:17, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
Obstructive signature picture[edit source]
|Hello SaintPain, your signature image is outside the parameters established by the User Conduct Guidelines, as it defines the image's maximum height as being 20 pixels. Please make it compliant by adding the |
|Limmiegirl Talk! ♪ 03:17, October 23, 2012 (UTC)|
Fan art[edit source]
Your image fits perfectly. :) Thank you Saint. I might just have to cook up something in return for your initiative! Some Assembly Required! 15:04, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
- There, I got it all saved in Archive 1, you may want to copy the margin and stuff from the top onto this page again, though. I guess just ask an admin or someone to delete the other archives. Paladin117>>iff bored; 04:28, October 26, 2012 (UTC)
Sig Image vote[edit source]
Restored archive[edit source]
You (accidentally?) removed your archivepage from your talkpage. I restored it. Jspoel 01:02, October 29, 2012 (UTC)