- 1 Welcome
- 2 Blocking
- 3 Discussions
- 4 Chat
- 5 Reply
- 6 what do achievement points do?
- 7 Thank you
- 8 hallo
- 9 Apologies
- 10 Merry Christmas and (a bit too early to wish it already, but I'll do it already anyway) a Happy New Year!
- 11 Merry Christmas 2016!
- 12 Merry Christmas!
- 13 Congratulations
- 14 Excuse Me?
- 15 Help with editing
- 16 Editing
- 17 Email
- 18 Discussions
- 19 Chatmod vote
- 20 Xbox player?
- 21 Notice
- 22 Vote
- 23 Admin talk blog
- 24 Hey Rusty
- 25 Reply
- 26 Discussions
- 27 Moderators choice
- 28 Soft blocks
- 29 d/ mod times
- 30 Wikia's forced addition of videos to the wiki
- 31 Nukapedian of the Year
- 32 Hellosa
- 33 Fallout 76 posts
- 34 Call to Action
Ok. Hi to you too and I hope you have a good time herem, maybe make some good edits! Jspoel 22:07, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh right, now I remember, you're our new discussion moderator. Good luck! Jspoel 22:15, January 25, 2016 (UTC)
We're still getting a hang of this discussion thing, but we've discovered we can block people from posting if we ban em from the wikia.
Should you need someone blocked, feel free to stop by either here or chat (if you put the heading/subject when posting on my talk as "block request" or something else that clearly looks like an admin might be interested you'll probably attract someone, or you can use the admin list). Agent c (talk) 21:14, January 30, 2016 (UTC)
Hey SSJ3, I just saw your message but all I can say I hope they better stop. They're a bit of a nuisance though, testing our patience literally. I already left a note on Chad's talkpage and hopefully will serve them a lesson of their actions. --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 07:19, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
- Whenever you could hit the chat, I'll be here. I also got Chad's message via Paladin117, we will discuss things if you could make it later. Ta --吉野Cassie Talk to me! ✿ 04:35, April 7, 2016 (UTC)
Yeah hi do I exist now
what do achievement points do?[edit source]
Figuring it out, are you Jack? a proper heading and signature. They grow up so fast!! Hahahah!
--SSJ3 Rusticus (talk) 22:49, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
Thank you[edit source]
link title== Voting ==
- Anyways, I can no longer help you out there since I am no longer a discussions mod, resigned my rights last week ago. Won't be active for awhile as well since I've been busy with real life. Can't believe Chad didn't let any of you guys from the discussions know. I could still hit the main wikia's chat if you don't mind talking to me when you have time. :P ----Cassie I can see you。✿ 03:10, July 25, 2016 (UTC)
I apologized if I somehow caused a 'disruption' because of the forum I made.
Sometimes I just don't really make sense (or missing some) words when I'm writing down as I didn't really mean this kind of situation. Did not expect this to turn into an argument.
I am not really accusing or saying bad things on how things are being handled here, all I actually wanted is to change the option 1 to 2 after seeing some situations but I do kind of get whats going on (the rule 9, etc mustve slipped out of my mind, lets just say Im also a bit stressed out) although I just really don't want people to misunderstand of what I'm actually trying to say.
Therefore in order to end this I have asked Chad (Agent c) to close down the thread I started and make an apology as it simply caused me, and everyone else a trouble.
Merry Christmas and (a bit too early to wish it already, but I'll do it already anyway) a Happy New Year![edit source]
I would like to use the Christmas/New Year-wishes-tradition, to thank those around me who kept this wikia and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have people like you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you who is dear to you. I hope you'll have a great and healthy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 02:29, December 24, 2016 (UTC)
Merry Christmas 2016![edit source]
To: SSJ3 Rusticus
|You have been given a Christmas present!|
Merry Christmas![edit source]
On behalf of the 2016 NotY board, I would like to congratulate you on being the 2016 Nukapedian of the Year! You can find all the details here. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 14:34, January 1, 2017 (UTC)
Excuse Me?[edit source]
I'm usually a pretty tolerant person when it comes to fandoms and stuff because I don't like starting drama and don't like making any enimies but I really don't want or need you on my case on what and how I post because I was well within my limits on my last post about other peoples concerns and questions about my fanfic, Mr.Fallout. And I'm sorry if this makes you angry but unless you somehow just became god you have no real authority to be telling me how I post and what I write. So please think about what you're saying and if it is justified. Thank you.
Is there a way to contact you in a more private method? I would like to inquire about a few things and wish not to make a public spectacle of it.--GalaxyArcade (talk) 16:51, March 24, 2017 (UTC)GalaxyArcade
Edit:Thank you i knew it sounded like spam and i dint want it to be there thank you Rusty.
Help with editing[edit source]
Great to see you again and even better to see you editing here :) ! Chad is right, at the moment, easiest and most useful editing can be done on the Fallout Shelter pages, they are very incomplete. (example of easy edits: adding timestamps on the travel time of missions, most missions lack it). Sadly, I don't have that much spare time in the next 1,5 months, but I've asked around and Jacki and Saka seemed happy to help you with editing. You can of course also always contact me on my talk page. I'll also try to hop in chat later on tonight. :) Good luck and happy editing! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 19:43, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
I see Peace has already said me and Jacki have agreed to give you a hand with editing. Most of the work is being done by Beard and Winter, I'm largely just checking it over to make sure it all makes sense, I have a fairly good idea of how the articles are being setup.
I did see you were setting up the Quests article to create A Settler Needs Your Help. If you want to go the new article route I can talk you through the bulk of it, or if you want you can pick up filling in gaps on the articles (Peace has already made a few suggestions of what does need doing on the existing articles). Either way, let me know and I'll get the ball rolling for you. Sakaratte - Talk to the cat 19:58, May 9, 2017 (UTC)
- I saw your message earlier, i was in work and didn't have chance to reply. I'm usually in chat from this time until bedtime if you need anything.
- I just checked the search page for A Settlement Needs Your Help and it came up blank so it doesn't exist, it will need doing at some point so i don't see the harm in the link remaining at this stage.
- It takes some time to pick up and get going, like Jacki said a lot of it is about learning wiki markup. I tend to find the best way to learn is to start by doing the same repetitive task until you get used to how it works and build from there. I'm pretty sure I can find you a job along those lines, i know of a few tasks on my to do list that fall within that scope if you're interested. Sakaratte - Talk to the cat 17:07, May 10, 2017 (UTC)
- Hello Rusticus, I saw you PM'd me in chat earlier, sorry that I missed you. I was busy. But yes, me and saka will try to be your go to guide for tips surrounding editing and the wiki in general. I'm available pretty much any time in the day, and you can almost always find me in chat too. As far as editing goes, what would you like to contribute with? Anything specific, or just general edits?
- The biggest and most important thing to actually learn is wikitext. Wikitext is the basic language used here on the wiki to structure pages with infoboxes, create templates, etc. Best should be to learn the basics, and then gradually getting more and more familiar with using it on more advanced situations. It's also very similar to HTML.
- Getting to know the guidelines is also very important, your edits should be adapted to the guidelines. The guidelines can be found HERE.
And as already mentioned, if you have any other concerns and/or questions regarding anything me and saka will be there for you! Best regards (talk) 14:57, May 10, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Rusticus, I recently sent an email to the address you have associated with your account. If you have not received it, please let me know. If you have, please respond when you can. Thanks! -BertH (help forum | blog) 12:45, May 17, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Rusty, I'm coming a little cap in hand to you to learn a bit about discussions and moderating (as you might have noticed, I've worked out a little bit,) now I have the tools. Sakaratte - Talk to the cat 20:28, June 10, 2017 (UTC)
- As our Cassie said on my talk page, I have Admin rights now so I can use the rights on all 3 platforms (wiki, discussions and chat), but I'll probably only check in on discussions when we are thin on cover. I've had a look at discussions a few times, but although the rules are pretty much the same as chat I find it harder to make judgement calls on that side. That said knowing how to use the tools could be useful.
- Let me know when want those lessons, I'm still more than happy to provide. Sakaratte - Talk to the cat 11:06, June 11, 2017 (UTC)
- It's all good, it said about a million things because Gunny decided to push all the buttons last night, Js fixed it today so it shows correctly now. I've already had a bit of a play around on there, didn't expect to have to block someone on my first outing over there though. I'll be back in chat in about 30ish minutes if you're free, just running to the store. Sakaratte - Talk to the cat 17:17, June 11, 2017 (UTC)
Chatmod vote[edit source]
As one of the more prominent users on the wiki, can you vote for this chatmod request. Forum:Chat_Moderator_Request_-_DistustingWastelander? Jspoel 17:10, June 12, 2017 (UTC)
Xbox player?[edit source]
I heard from Sakaratte that you play on Xbox and are looking to get more into editing. I've been searching for someone on the Xbox to test out bugs and either verify or remove them. There's entirely too many of them on the Xbox and I don't have a way to verify them anymore as I gave my Xbox 360 to my sister. If your interested here's the Bug Verification Project and Bug Page. Just let me know, if that's not your cup of tea there's load of other projects that are in need of help. Thanks Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 01:15, June 19, 2017 (UTC)
I've just range-blocked a user that you may share an IP with. If that's the case it appears like you're blocked, but of course that's not the intention. With my checkuser I don't see you sharing an IP but maybe it's not a complete list. If you have problems with your rights, leave a message on your talkpage, and I will lift that block. Jspoel 15:12, June 25, 2017 (UTC)
- Arthur kept his cool and didn't react which was a wise thing, it could have made things worse. He was so much ahead already and it wasn't necessary. He's now a DM again, so you can relax a bit more and we will have someone steady I hope to watch the discussion threads again. Jspoel 22:50, June 30, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Rusty, I'm glad to see you pop up, Maxson's mention of personal issues had me worried for you. As for my vote, I there have a been a couple that he has tagged before because there was no signature before, which although I am not a fan of him doing it was the right thing to do. The one that caught my eye and caused me to recast my vote was one where Gunny had already tagged it and he changed the tag. Either way it says the same username, so no big deal and as Js says on the forum vote, probably a bit of eagerness more than anything so I wouldn't worry too much about it derailing the vote completely. With the number of votes it is more of a stop and think vote than anything.
Anyway I hope things get back on the straight and narrow for you soon, if you're still worried about my vote let me know and I'll try and ease your mind about it some more. I'd rather the vote go through than get thrown out on that as a whole as the good outweighs the bad. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 16:25, June 29, 2017 (UTC)
Admin talk blog[edit source]
Please see User blog:The Gunny/Admin talk - Discussions moderation for a few site wide changes wikia has made as well as some details on discussions moderating. I will be opening a discussions topic in the next day or so with the intent to better introduce all of our site moderation team to the users there (most of them have no idea who most of us are). When that topic goes live, I will leave another talk page message for you asking that you navigate to the topic to introduce yourself and interact a bit with users there. I feel this is very important and a problem we need to fix. 16:47, July 2, 2017 (UTC)
- FYI, I plan on making that discussions topic tomorrow finally, around noonish my time. I plan on introducing the rest of the admin/mod team who the discussions users don't know very well. I am going to do it in a kinda AMA format, and I'll start by explaining who I am and what I do here. I would really appreciate it if any admins/mods who don't currently spend a lot of time there to chime in. I really feel this is important. 01:36, July 8, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Rusty[edit source]
I'm glad to see you around and about, even though things aren't great for you right now, it makes worry a little less about you. I don't think there is too much in the way of news, Arthur got DM back, Van Graff thug has asked me to consider his endorsement for DM (which I haven't made a call in yet, but I think I know where my answer lies.) The rule changes aren't really changes at all, just a few clarifications in the old rules so you won't need too much bringing back up to speed when you feel ready to return.
I'm going to be honest, I saw your reply to Gunny before I saw the one on my talkpage. I don't think calling discussions was meant as a way of looking down on discussions, if anything it was more about seeing where it fit. Having somewhere to go and be able to switch off is a good thing, plus it's useful to be able to get to know about other people. It could have been worded better by him though. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:56, July 3, 2017 (UTC)
Dear Jake, I'm terribly sorry you got a little bent by my blog. I understand you've been out for personal reasons and completely respect that. Let me take a few moments to give you the courtesy of bringing you up to speed personally, since you've carried a heavy chunk of the load in discussions. This may take a bit, as I tend to get wordy.
First off, I'll address how I see the entire structure of the wiki. I like to use simple terms. Something we learned in the Marines. KISS. Keep it simple stupid. So when I made the references to the different parts of the wiki, understand that I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible to put all the moving parts in perspective. First and foremost, we live and die by the mainspace articles. We are a wiki and always will be a wiki. Everything else associated with Nukapedia is there to support the articles or the community that creates and improves them. Blogs and chat are good examples of this. Do they directly improve the mainspace? No. But they help give outlets for users to create, collaborate and converse that helps build the community. From this community, we gain editors. I likened discussions to the playground. I don't know what part of the world you grew up in, but let's keep with my office building theme. The mainspace, blogs, forums, chat, they're all directly linked on the wiki itself. They're all built on the mediawiki and php software base that runs this place. Discussions is a new construct that is not as closely tied, structurally speaking in terms of the actual coding, with the rest of the wiki. No wikilinks. No files. It's "outside the building". It's a place where folks can talk about anything, have running features, play around, create community and friendships with a more loose atmosphere. Just like the playground or park outside the office building or school. It's more like recess than the break room. Come around and play some basketball. I didn't mean it in any way demeaning and if you took it that way, you're mistaken in my intent. I tried to characterize it correctly in it's relationship to the main part of the wiki, the articles. I actually find it a much better, if not quite perfect, solution to the poor forums we have here for discussion. That brings me to my recent interest in discussions.
First some background. I came here from the official Bethesda Softworks forums. I was a consistent contributor there for quite a while. I finally decided to contribute to the wiki after using it as a resource for many years. Eventually, I was able to gain the trust of the user base and became one of the bureaucrats, a job I take very seriously. I feel it's part of my job description to make sure all parts of this wiki are as functional and welcoming as possible to all users. I always wished we had proper forums for discussion, but the need to understand wikicode made it almost impossible for the casual user to contribute to our old mediawiki based forums. But I recognized the need for such an outlet. Unfortunately, just as you now, when discussions came around, things in my personal life, a divorce, a move and other things that upset my personal life made it difficult for me to be very active here, if active at all, for some time. So I completely missed the bus when discussions got off the ground. Let me make myself clear: this is something I see as a failure that I now intend to correct, as my life has become more stable and I can contribute more again. I fully recognize that everyone who has been instrumental in helping get discussions off the ground and put in the hard work to moderate it since it's beginning deserves the praise and respect of all, yourself included.
That brings us to today, where I find that I finally have the time to (and figured out a reasonable way to mitigate some of the technical issues I had accessing) contribute to discussions, as I feel all members of the moderator/sysop team have a responsibility to do. I spent a fair amount of time familiarizing myself with the community, features and limitations of discussions before I came to any conclusions. I came to a few conclusions. There were only a few moderators and sysops that were carrying the burden of moderating content. So much so that the most common comment when one of our sysops who had not contributed there made an appearance was greeted with things like "another admin out of the woodwork" or "who the hell is this?" I realized we had a large community at discussions who were not well integrated into the wiki as a whole, which is not a problem, but so much so that many could not even navigate their own user talk pages or knew who the admin team was that should be moderating them. I saw in the rc feed the many users you've had to block, the problems with sockpuppets after blocks, the lengthy report log. The conclusion I can to was that we needed to fix those issues, part of which I was a part of, and give those of you that were carrying the load some help.
To that end, I went through the guidelines and found some things that were in need of updating. Some rules we had made that were not there. Some things that needed clarification with changes that had occurred to the project over time. I'm not the type to impose my will on anything. I brought my thoughts up to the community at discussions and got feedback on my ideas. I worked with the users there to gain consensus on the changes to the guidelines and proposed them. Consensus was made and I made the changes to the guidelines. This is how I work. My ideal is that we make Nukapedia a welcoming place for folks to contribute in a constructive way and it always has been. My admin blog was the next step in continuing with those ideas. I intend to make sure that everyone there is familiar with all of our moderation team. I also hope that we can more fully integrate everyone so that it's not two distinct communities. You could call this a One Wiki ideal. I'd like to help users there understand how to navigate the wiki side, so they can use their talk pages, create user pages, and then, ideally, for those that desire, help them become editors.
To that end, I have been active at discussions and will encourage our sysop team to do so also. I will encourage and help users there that have the desire to learn how to edit. I will help and will encourage our sysop team to help moderate. I have been systematically going through the report log to clear it out in its entirety. I have sought clarification from Wikia on the use of the check user tool for discussions and have already asked if that could be made available locally, as they have done with the existing check user tool, so we can more effectively fight spam and sockpuppeting. I kinda doubt they'll give it to me, but asking can't hurt. But discussions is not going away, like other features Wikia has produced in the past and I sincerely desire to make everyone's experience there as positive as possible, just as I do on the rest of the wiki.
I hope this helps clarify to you my intentions and clear up any objections you may have to my goals. As always, feel free to approach me about anything, and thank you for your time and concerns. 20:58, July 3, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Rusty, it's nice to see you back around a bit more, things in a better place for you now? I'm not sure if you're aware as Collin told me you have been having a Kik break, but there is a fallout moderators group there now with an idea we want to try for the discussions users to acknowledge the good things that do go on there. It's a bit of extra work a month and I would like as many mods involved as possible. Right now me Richie and Collin are up for it, but the more actual mods we have the better, if you feel up to joining in. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:35, August 2, 2017 (UTC)
Moderators choice[edit source]
Soft blocks[edit source]
I have raised a forum to discuss adding the option of soft blocks as an alternative to hard blocks and extend the admin toolset for more flexibity in handling minor breaks in rules and guidelines. Can you read through the forum and give your input. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:37, August 7, 2017 (UTC)
d/ mod times[edit source]
Wikia's forced addition of videos to the wiki[edit source]
Hello Rusty, I know you've just gone inactive, but we need your help.
As you may be aware, Wikia/Fandom have added a number of videos to pages on the wiki that they have self authored. Although the consensus view so far seems to be that these are not to our standards, I encourage you to view these for yourself and make up your own mind.
You can find a link to all the videos, and a petition I would like you to consider here. If you believe that these videos do not meet our standards, detract from the wiki, and should be removed, I encourage you to vote yes on this petition. You are of course welcome to vote no if you do not believe this is the case.
Nukapedian of the Year[edit source]
Hey, normally, at this point, we are supposed to come together for the first time as the Nukapedia Board to determine 2 extra candidates to add to the "final 5" candidates for consideration for Nukapedian of the Year 2017. However, as there has been no fraud or other dubious behaviour this year, and as there haven't been that many candidates, I thought of just accepting the 4 candidates running and skip this meeting, unless you disagree. If you disagree, I'll look for a third board member besides us 2 and we'll look to add 2 extra candidates in a meeting. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:24, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Alright :) I'll send you on that address for the next meeting, it will probably be 28, 29 or 30th of january :) - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 11:49, December 17, 2017 (UTC)
I had seen you lurking and felt it best just do what you felt like doing where you saw it. I'm just happy to see you around, even if you're not moderating. How are things going for you? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 21:24, February 3, 2018 (UTC)
- I get what you mean, it took me a long time to be able to go to south east England after similar experiences. I did find that short bursts when I had an absolute reason to be there helped. Best thing to do is try not to think about it when you're here.
- I'm not doing bad, busy as always though. Spent yesterday doing a bunch of stuff for Exodus. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 10:38, February 4, 2018 (UTC)
- I see you're still lurking, glad to see you knowing about. How you doing? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:43, March 1, 2018 (UTC)
- As long as you're putting yourself first and dealing with things the best you can, then that is all that matters. Thanks for the congrats, people been bugging me enough about it and I got Exodus in just the right place to show case it the world now, time felt right. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:14, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
- I see you're still lurking, glad to see you knowing about. How you doing? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:43, March 1, 2018 (UTC)
Fallout 76 posts[edit source]
Hey Jake, good to see you again.
I sent you a friend request last night, I'm guessing Clyde popped up because you didn't accept it (or have you got a new Discord account since we last spoke on there?).
Funnily enough I've asked Richie to rally the troops to discuss this at the weekend in Discord. If you want to have a chat before then I'll email you :) Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 08:55, November 23, 2018 (UTC)
Call to Action[edit source]
There have been quite a few sweeping changes to the wiki lately, and now that the Unified Community Platform has come to fruition here, it's more important than ever for our leadership to get together and inspire innovative changes for the next generation of wiki editors/readers.
As someone who is somewhat inactive myself, I understand how life gets in the way, and I'll fully understand if many of you are unable to commit, but I'd still like to try my best to appeal to you all in getting involved in a few of our currently active projects; especially so since rights-users participating in our discussions/votes are at an all-time low, and many internal decisions are having to be made between a select few users, which is bad for building consensus on important matters.
As such, I would like to ask for you all to look into two of our most important projects right now, as it would mean a lot to me and the wiki if as many people as possible got directly involved in helping shape our future:
- The Vault Academy is a program for the training and acclimation of new and even veteran users, training them on how to get involved in the various facets of the wiki, as well as helping them build bonds with their fellow users. The program has kicked off in a big way, and we are in desperate need of more rights-users to sign on as mentors, as we're having to share multiple mentees between each mentor. If you're looking to leave your mark on the wiki, then signing onto TVA program will be your way of doing so.
- As a minor update, we now have a new plagiarism point of contact. Should you suspect plagiarized content is at play, please get into point with the user FDekker who will be the initial handler of all such cases going forward.
- We have an upcoming meeting of the minds coming up on the 20th of this month, and we need people to come forth and pitch their ideas for adapting to the recent UCP changes, and to possibly adopt some of the ideas that our new datamining friends have been pitching to us.
Thanks for your consideration, and I do hope to hear back from you all! Even if it is just some of you dropping by to check the place out and say a quick hello. 寧靜 14:12, 13 November 2020 (UTC)