- 1 Happy new year!
- 2 Emote
- 3 Chat
- 4 Hi
- 5 Bug Policy Proposals and Changes
- 6 Trademark
- 7 Merry Christmas and (a bit too early to wish it already, but I'll do it already anyway) a Happy New Year!
- 8 Merry Christmas!
- 9 Discord
- 10 Admin talk blog
- 11 Soft blocks
- 12 Wikia's forced addition of videos to the wiki
- 13 Patroller to Content Moderator
- 14 Content Moderator
- 15 Character affinity
- 16 Notable content
- 17 Nukapedia and Fandom/Wikia talks
- 18 Our relationship with Wikia
- 19 Call to Action
Happy new year!
I would like to use the Christmas/New Year-wishes-tradition, though I'm a week late, to thank those around me who kept this wiki and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have people like you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you who is dear to you. I hope you'll have a great and healthy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:13, January 6, 2016 (UTC)
I don't think I can add that one Sunset... I've had two complaints about adding a "personal emote" on already... and I've not even done it. Looking at the avi, it looks like the predominance is on your current avi.
I finally got around to doing it, I'm an Alicorn now. I'm going to use this as a separate account for when I'm on mobile. That way I don't have to keep logging in and out of different accounts. I'm mostly on chat via mobile anyway, so you'll probably see a lot more of me than her. From Your Princess, Flurry ♥ 08:16, February 14, 2016 (UTC)
Bug Policy Proposals and Changes
Hi there, I just wanted to notify all special rights holders of the new Bug policy proposals that are being put up for vote in the forums. If you have a free moment, please make sure to go in and vote. Forum:Bug Policy proposals and changes. ---bleep196- (talk) 19:51, June 19, 2016 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and (a bit too early to wish it already, but I'll do it already anyway) a Happy New Year!
I would like to use the Christmas/New Year-wishes-tradition, to thank those around me who kept this wikia and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have people like you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you who is dear to you. I hope you'll have a great and healthy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 02:29, December 24, 2016 (UTC)
Sorry I haven't been able to reach you.
Can you clear up for me please:
- In your view, does is the Discord part of the Wiki for rules purposes or is it independent?
- If the Discord is Independent, do you feel it is endorsed by, or an affiliate of the wiki
- Can users without a Wikia account access the Discord, or are such users removed/blocked?
- Do you believe that the reports I am getting that the discord has become a "wild west", an unpoliced trolls playground are fair? If so, what do you plan on doing about it?
- Can you confirm reports I am getting that a users are masquerading as others? (Specifically, persons impersonating Leon). What do you plan on doing about it?
- In regards to the NSFW room. I was asked for my approval before allowing this channel, and one of my conditions was that it should be for over 18s only. I am lead to believe you have access but are under 18. Is this true?
- independent but affiliated
- I would say yes
- i think someone more responsable than me can and probably shouldget the owning rights
- I can`t but i will take more look at it and try to stop it
- yeah sorry 18:57, May 13, 2017 (UTC)
Okay, to retain affiliation with the wiki we will require the following:
- You're going to need to hand control over to someone who is more responsible/active and committed to changing the discord.
- The Discord is going to have to be cleaned up. I don't want more reports that it is a trolls club. Whoever is impersonating Leon needs to be dealt with; and whoever impersonated Nate should also be dealt with if they have not otherwise been dealt with.
- The Discord need to have clear rules about what behaviour is expected, the consequences for breaking those rules, and a code of conduct for administrative action (Promoting, demoting moderators, etc). These don't have to be identical to here, but they should be of a similar standard and enforced.
- NSFW, we need a commitment that no under age person, including staff/moderators, will have access to that channel (and a reaffirmation that access will only be "on request" basis).
If you're happy to go this route, we will revisit the situation in a few weeks. If things have improved, we can look and see what we can do on wiki to confirm the affiliation at our end, and if reaffirmed we can look and see where we go from there. I'm not sure we need a second chatroom splitting our user base, but the forum discussion that we'll post at that time will look into that.
The alternative is that the discord can be completely disassociated from us immediately. The name would need to change, and the Wikia accounts channel deleted. What course the discord charts after that is up to you and your users.
Admin talk blog
Please see User blog:The Gunny/Admin talk - Discussions moderation for a few site wide changes wikia has made as well as some details on discussions moderating. I will be opening a discussions topic in the next day or so with the intent to better introduce all of our site moderation team to the users there (most of them have no idea who most of us are). When that topic goes live, I will leave another talk page message for you asking that you navigate to the topic to introduce yourself and interact a bit with users there. I feel this is very important and a problem we need to fix. 16:47, July 2, 2017 (UTC)
- FYI, I plan on making that discussions topic tomorrow finally, around noonish my time. I plan on introducing the rest of the admin/mod team who the discussions users don't know very well. I am going to do it in a kinda AMA format, and I'll start by explaining who I am and what I do here. I would really appreciate it if any admins/mods who don't currently spend a lot of time there to chime in. I really feel this is important. 01:35, July 8, 2017 (UTC)
I have raised a forum to discuss adding the option of soft blocks as an alternative to hard blocks and extend the admin toolset for more flexibity in handling minor breaks in rules and guidelines. Can you read through the forum and give your input. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:37, August 7, 2017 (UTC)
Wikia's forced addition of videos to the wiki
Hello, This is a message to all listed active members of the leadership team, so please accept my apologies if this seems a little impersonal.
As you may be aware, Wikia/Fandom have added a number of videos to pages on the wiki that they have self authored. Although the consensus view so far seems to be that these are not to our standards, I encourage you to view these for yourself and make up your own mind.
You can find a link to all the videos, and a petition I would like you to consider here. If you believe that these videos do not meet our standards, detract from the wiki, and should be removed, I encourage you to vote yes on this petition. You are of course welcome to vote no if you do not believe this is the case.
Patroller to Content Moderator
As discussion on Content moderators stalled last month and there was plenty of input, I have now raised a forum with a policy to vote on based upon the comments. When you have a moment, can you take a look at cast your votes? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:47, November 11, 2017 (UTC)
Apologies for the generic message.
This forum was raised almost a week ago to tweak article guidelines so we could get companion reactions added into the layout guidelines with the hope of achieving a consensus rather than a vote. Can you take 5 minutes to cast your eye over and give your input? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:35, May 12, 2018 (UTC)
Hello, one of the requests that was made quite a while ago, was a review of the notable content template, to make it clearer there is hidden content. A new draft has now been created and is fully functional. Can you swing by, take a look and give you input as to suitability/changes? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 07:10, May 23, 2018 (UTC)
Nukapedia and Fandom/Wikia talks
Apologies for the impersonal nature of this message, as I'm relaying the same thing to admins and people who have previously expressed a view on featured video. Forgive me if I tell you some things you already know.
We have a call scheduled with Wikia this Friday. We need your input - and the input from as many others as possible. We're hoping to settle once and for all what our relationship is, if it can be salvaged, and what the future should be, as until we settle these featured video can't be settled.
Please, have a look at this forum and tell us what you think.
In addition to looking at our own future hosting option, we've also been in talks with other hosts. Included in these is Gamepedia/Curse. We have an ongoing dialogue with them, and if you have any questions about a possible unification to the vault, please do let me know and I'll relay any similar response we've had, and if your question is a first, I'll ask the question.
Our relationship with Wikia
Hi, as you may know we've been discussing our relationship with Wikia the past few months. Now, as a user rights holder I'd like you to participate in the vote here. Jspoel 13:32, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
Call to Action
There have been quite a few sweeping changes to the wiki lately, and now that the Unified Community Platform has come to fruition here, it's more important than ever for our leadership to get together and inspire innovative changes for the next generation of wiki editors/readers.
As someone who is somewhat inactive myself, I understand how life gets in the way, and I'll fully understand if many of you are unable to commit, but I'd still like to try my best to appeal to you all in getting involved in a few of our currently active projects; especially so since rights-users participating in our discussions/votes are at an all-time low, and many internal decisions are having to be made between a select few users, which is bad for building consensus on important matters.
As such, I would like to ask for you all to look into two of our most important projects right now, as it would mean a lot to me and the wiki if as many people as possible got directly involved in helping shape our future:
- The Vault Academy is a program for the training and acclimation of new and even veteran users, training them on how to get involved in the various facets of the wiki, as well as helping them build bonds with their fellow users. The program has kicked off in a big way, and we are in desperate need of more rights-users to sign on as mentors, as we're having to share multiple mentees between each mentor. If you're looking to leave your mark on the wiki, then signing onto TVA program will be your way of doing so.
- As a minor update, we now have a new plagiarism point of contact. Should you suspect plagiarized content is at play, please get into point with the user FDekker who will be the initial handler of all such cases going forward.
- We have an upcoming meeting of the minds coming up on the 20th of this month, and we need people to come forth and pitch their ideas for adapting to the recent UCP changes, and to possibly adopt some of the ideas that our new datamining friends have been pitching to us.
Thanks for your consideration, and I do hope to hear back from you all! Even if it is just some of you dropping by to check the place out and say a quick hello. 寧靜 14:10, 13 November 2020 (UTC)