Welcome to our Fallout wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself! If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
- Questions? You can ask in the Forum or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, join the live chat in our IRC channel or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The Help page has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit. See the Vault's Policy page for general guidelines and code of conduct.
- I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
- Ausir 09:51, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
A spoonful of whiskey. Edit
A spoonful of whisky has nothing to do with Mary Poppins.
In the south (I know, born and raised here old school style) a spoonful of whiskey and honey was supposed to help with the whooping cough and other illnesses. It was given to infants, children, teens, and adults. There is some science behind how the Whiskey and Honey act as a cough drop BTW.
Both the original date format and the one you "corrected" it to at Nikola Tesla are equally correct. It's just that one is British and the other one is American. Ausir(talk) 22:49, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- As I mentioned before, both the month-day-year and day-month-year formats are equally correct. Ausir(talk) 10:21, June 7, 2010 (UTC)
The skill is titled "Melee" in Vegas, according to the Strength character creation screenie. It's called Melee Weapons in more games, but Vegas melee weapons should still say Melee instead of Melee Weapons. Nitty Tok. 03:54, July 21, 2010 (UTC)
I've been wondering what "Hikaru" meant for a long time, finally looked it up today. Now that I know, I was wondering if your name was intended to refer to a Mickey Mouse that was glowing due to radioactivity. If so that's pretty subtle and clever :)
The other reason for this message is that I noticed you have quite enough edits (565, need 500) to apply for adminship, and you've been here more than long enough (3 months minimum); you meet all eligibility requirements. I think you should apply; we need as many admins as we can get for the launch of Fallout: New Vegas.
|Type of edits||Edit count|
|Fallout Wiki talk||0|
|User blog comment||3|
--Kris 11:06, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Video embedding Edit
I just wanted to stop by saying thank you for embedding my video there on That Gun page. Im positively surprised that someone is embedding my videos here. I used to be the unofficial video provider for this wiki, back an year ago, but admins decided not to support videos on this site. The discussion on the matter was like a kindergarten or something, and I just left that matter aside.
So thank you =) You can always use my videos here if you want to, of course, but since no one has decided the rules of using videos (quality, length, whatnot and shit) here in this wiki, I mostly focus on Youtube. Nowadays everyone can embed any kind of videos here, and thats beyond me.
can you help Edit
hey there can you help i cant find every single holotape to get the super fatman ive been to let locations but thers no sign of them why not???
Hey there! Just wanted to stop by and let you know I've been removing the video because they do not follow policy. Policy states "Embedded videos may only be used in articles if they illustrate issues which cannot be expressed by written text at all or only with difficulty. Examples for acceptable videos are game trailers or a video illustrating how to find an item which is in a hard-to-find location." The video for This Machine for instance belongs on the quest page. There is a link in the obtaining section referring to the quest. Here is a link the the policy. Thanks for you continuing edits to The Vault. The Vault:Image and video policy --Kingclyde 03:14, December 7, 2010 (UTC)
Dead Money Weapon Edit
I realize that you can also get Laser Pistol in Dead Money, can you add it in ?
Micky, I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to place (unnecessary) decimals behind numbers on the weapon pages. I suggest you give Avatar a post about it. He's the expert on the weapons pages. Greets, Jspoel 04:32, March 28, 2011 (UTC)
- I have forwarded your post to Avatar. He's the man of the weapon pages and will know best.
- Just to let you know, it is common practise to not place decimals in any page unless to denote something more than a 0. Putting a load of 0's is basically redundant, its not worked out in the DPS figures for that very reason. 03:28, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
I have reverted your edits on the decimals and discovered you added mod-case boxes to some weapon pages where they aren't need. That box image extra is meant for weapons where the mod can't be displayed properly. Now take for example the Varmint rifle night scope. The scope is displayed very nicely and doesn't need that box. Tomorrow myself or Avatar will probably revert most of them (some may remain). Or you can do it, whoever gets there first. Greets, Jspoel 04:09, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
High Velocity Edit
Weapon mod box imageEdit
Avatar doesn't mind them much, since the pages are pretty empty, it fills the gaps and it's stating somewhat clearer it's a mod, so you can leave them as they are now, with your added mod box pic. Greets, Jspoel 15:42, March 29, 2011 (UTC)
Please stop adding The Fort in front of Fortification Hill. With or without it, it leads to the same page. So there's no point to it. Thanks. Jspoel 06:32, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
Pointless edits Edit
Stop adding decimals where they aren't needed, and don't edit links that already redirect to what you're trying to make them link to, e.g. New California Republic|NCR and Mitchell|Doc Mitchell. There's no point, and I doubt you didn't realise. -- 05:09, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm sorry if I offended you, I feel we may have got off on the wrong foot. I didn't know it was preferred and I have no intention of creating conflict, we should all be friends here. -- 05:34, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
Come on, man, can't you stop with the decimals habit? You know I'm not the only one telling you about this. Maybe you should put a sticky note on your monitor if it is so hard for you to let go this habit. No offense intended. --GobTheGoul 12:05, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
IMHO, decimal points should be added if they are *really* needed, ie, when showing the weight of a Buffalo gourd seed or something to that sort. If a number's decimal points are 00, I don't think there is any reason to add them. In closing, thank you for your helpful edits to The Vault and good day to you, sir! Otisman 13:23, April 23, 2011 (UTC)
It is fine what you are doing, avoiding redirects by adding the direct link. However, our editing guidelines point out that only the first instance of a linkable word on a page should be linked. Linking further instances is considered overlinking. When you are going through a page, like Fallout: New Vegas endings, for instance, would you remove the overlinking? That would be very helpful. Thank you.--Gothemasticator 01:22, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
- So, you don't care to remove the overlinking, do you? Look, according to our guidelines, only the first instance of a linkable word should be linked. And here you are expanding, or "correcting," each instance of the link. Please stop. If you encounter overlinking, remove it. Certainly don't expand upon it.--Gothemasticator 02:16, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
FO1/2 characters Edit
- It seems Stealth Boy is a proper name. So if you see it lowercased somewhere, you can make it uppercased. Grtz, Jspoel 00:45, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Large/wasteland tequila Edit
Sorry to say but the "Hardcore mode only" in the infobox looks just awkward and irritating, I think my version was okay - looked cleaner. - IPodged 02:51, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
's change Edit
The 's ending is grammatically correct, as the animation is similar to the LMG's and Riot shotguns's animation, not the weapons themselves. Reverting. Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 20:26, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
Can you comment at my blog post? --M72 Gauzz 06:04, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
Page to be deletedEdit
This page needs to be deleted because a new member created it and this page is a copy of the Wolfhorn Ranch Location in New Vegas
Squirrel on a Stick Edit
Perhaps the answer to the lack of squirrels in Fallout is that it is really Rat on a Stick. (Squirrels are really just rats with fuzzy tails anyway). It could be that Monty Python trademarked Rat on a Stick, or it is just post apocalypse Madison Avenue at work. ;-p DarthOrc 10:03, July 6, 2011 (UTC)DarthOrc
Put "The" in the damn sentence!Edit
Most of those items I copied and pasted the whole article and then made modifications. I was also sleep depraved. Sorry if me not noticing that upset you.--Kingclyde 18:02, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Please use less hostile language in your edit summaries.--Gothemasticator 11:57, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Another warning. Next time an admin may give you a block for it I'm afraid. Jspoel 12:41, October 11, 2011 (UTC)
Hi MickeyHikaruMouse ;)!
Lead sections. Edit
There's no need to add specific weapon info to the Lead sections on pages. It's already in the infoboxes. I checked this recently with GhostAvatar, and it follows the article guidelines.