| ||This page contains archived information from User talk:Kingclyde. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
You too? Edit
You'll be surprised to know that it was not due to your idea that I said it, rather as a general feeling after seeing the updates in the fora. And I'm sorry Clydey, but all these policies? You can't seriously believe that it is all that useful, especially when you are effectively reverting your changes. Why can no-one say anything without having everyone jump on their back if they disagree? A farce is a type of comedic play, or a sham display, and recently, I have every reason to hold such a view. Ending with thanks, as usual so I'm assuming it wasn't sarcasm, is exactly the kind of farcical display I am on about. Any you know what Clyde, I'm sick of sitting back and waiting for this to sort itself out when there is very little evidence that it will do so bearing in mind the belligerent attitudes that you and Limmie have proven to me. If you really wanted to streamline things, then you should have left them as they were, because they worked perfectly. I understand that we had to fill the gaps, but it's done nothing for our 'oh-so-important' community spirit. People only became so concerned with that when Sannse kept banging on about it.
As for increasing divisions, I am one of the few people to have tried to fix them. And if you were the paradigm of leadership you are attempting to tell me you are with your little message, then surely you should have tried to as well, rather than leaving it to Leon and I. But no, you'd rather get embroiled in as many talk page arguments as you can possibly find. I can hardly see how saying how amusing and pointless some of the internal politics are here is increasing divisions, and as I said to Limmie, further than this I feel that there is little point in indulging you: I highly doubt it will get through and that you will see an amicable end to this.
I'm sorry Clydey, I like you personally (though I am in no doubt you will not like me now), and I think you are a smashing BC, but I hardly think that your message was particularly becoming, and aside from that, from an objective view - which mine is becoming as I start to be more and more removed from this wiki in order to stay out of pointless arguing - this wiki is sometimes a shambolic comedic display, with all the high drama of the theatre, but more tragic than most comedies as a wedge is driven between people I used to hold dear, and everyone turns on everyone else for anything that they find mildly offensive.
- Ah, maybe this will end amicably then... I understand your reasons for doing these things, and know that you do your best, but you must understand that comment was in no way aimed at you. And as you said, as for arguing, you are on the attack here, that was my defense. I completely agree about people always finding something to pick up on that they disagree with, then spend then next few hours arguing the toss over it for no other reason than boredom, self-gratification or a sense of oneupmanship that they are obviously failing to get in real life. Lastly, "There should not be this kind of bs here. Please try to understand my viewpoint. I'm tired, frustrated and now unmotivated." With this statement, you have summed up my every feeling I've had with this place over the last 5 months, but managed to phrase it coherently (something I feel I cannot do because you have to explain yourself so thoroughly to people so that you get your message through the first time.) Now that we seem to be at an empathetic understanding (so quickly too! - we should make a habit of this here) what do you propose we do? Φύλαξ [~μίλησε μου~] 22:41, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
A favor Edit
Hey, Clyde. Just thought I'd let you know I resign as admin.
You can call me childish or whatever, but I don't really mind any more. It was nice knowing you, and you're a really cool guy. Keep up what you're doing, you're a better Bureaucrat than Ausir ever was ;) 05:02, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, and if you could, please remove my Patroller/Rollback rights. I can't edit those, I can only change the admin/chat mod rights. Thanks, man. 05:04, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
He Clyde, before you go active here today, can you check your mail and get back to me on that? I'm in the armory chat now, hope you can make it too. Jspoel 22:49, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Yello Clydey, I just realised something. I missed voting on Danny's administrator vote. Figured I could put a good word in here instead of going about sneaking votes in too late, eh? Anyway, I do hope you would consider Sigma for administrator, he's grown immensely these last few weeks. Just felt like getting some word in, considering confused old me missed the date on the vote. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
What you think of this thread? It's pending a decision. I'd say, both propositions don't make it. And do you want the keep the new menu bar or go back to the old one? I've gotten used to the new one by now with adding it in the toolbar. Jspoel 13:24, March 29, 2012 (UTC)
User rights voteEdit
Hey Clyde, done some thinking on changing the user rights policy and not quite agree with the proposals. Sorry. Added an alternative. Also posted a comment on Cartman's page. And it's about a tie on the expanded menu navigation. Tough one. Noticed mainly the chatters/inactive users chose the old menu, the big-time editors chose the new menu. It appears people using it the most have gotten used to it, so I would favor that. But I could live with the old menu too. What shall we do? Jspoel 17:50, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
- And you added Forum:Wiki_proposals_and_applications below Wiki discussion. What is the reason for that? Jspoel 17:59, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
- I've changed moderator as admin prerequisite to patroller. We need to change at least that for now. Otherwise edit-active people like MS (or The Gunny) first needs to apply for moderator (may not even pass because he's not in chat), and even if he passes that, needs to wait another 2 months to apply for admin. He can have 15,000 edits or more by then. Now I've changed it he can apply in a few days if he should choose to. Jspoel 20:57, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
FNV special melee attacks Edit
I originally thought to [[User:The Gunny/sandbox2|add some info]] to the Melee Weapons#Fallout: New Vegas page/section, but the info has become exceedingly large for that page. I was thinking it may merit as its own page. What do you think? Is it too big (not quite done yet with the info, I gotta get some more GECK info for it) for the Melee weapons page or should I just add it there? 00:31, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- OK. The page is all done. [[User:The_Gunny/sandbox2]]. Let me know which version you think is better. 19:25, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
Re:"An edit is an edit" Edit
Why do we even have votes if you and Jspoel are just gonna do what you want? I'm very disappointed in this decision Clyde, and I really hope you guys didn't do it just because you don't like Cartman. BILLYOCEAN Wanna talk? 00:45, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- I saw you said something in chat about people "cant count" or some such, and you and Jspoel adding up to 13. I counted the votes, and its 12 to 11. If you have an opinion, why not vote? Why not put your x down like everyone else did? And if your answer is something about bureaucrat neutrality, or being above the fray, why even count your opinion at all? BILLYOCEAN Wanna talk? 01:19, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
As requested Edit
He spoke up. Agent c 01:53, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
Attempted backroom deals Edit
Check this out:
- Tranquility Lane- the Fallout fanfiction wiki
I noticed that the Fallout fan fiction wiki associated with The Vault has not been moved away from Wikia. In addition, I have also noticed that they seem to be actively displaying a large link to Wikia's Nukapedia on their main page, Nukapedia being Wikia's greedy pseudo plagiarized attempt to steal users away from us by maintaing a mirror of the old Vault.
I could setup a wiki at Wikkii.net wiki hosting, which is basically the same features as setting up your own wiki with a professional web hosting company. We could also use our same falloutwiki.com domain name with it. I can go ahead and set it up if you'd be interested. All I'd really need here is for the link to the fanon wiki on the main page to be changed to the new one since they're apparently stabbing us in the back.
There's also a need to move the wiki away from Wikia, since their skin is hard to use, hard to read, hard to navigate, and they've apparently decided to sellout the wiki background as advertising space, meaning that every user sees meaningless kitsch on every page of the wiki, which just degrades it's content.
- You can find this here - http://www.falloutwiki.com/User_talk:GhostAvatar
- And I've addressed this matter personally here - http://www.falloutwiki.com/User_talk:Inquisitor_Ehrenstein
- Anyways, I think we need to keep an eye on this user in case they get the funny idea to continue with their plan of stealing and then converting content over from the Wikia variant to a Curse variant. Skål! 04:02, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Please note that the original version was changed from what has been copied here, as per civility and concerns expressed by Garoux. Inquisitor Ehrenstein 08:20, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
Like I explained to Sigma, that's not proper typography. -.- Bullets aren't needed if there is no list present. Having mistakes on a majority of pages doesn't mean we need to conform to said mistakes. On another note, can you come into chat? I have an idea I want to run by you. Skål! 07:39, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I'm out of time so nevermind for now. Also, I am going to go ahead and revert your edit and we can maybe discuss that later also. Picking and choosing which words we consider proper nouns is one thing, but we must respect the rules of proper English and typography. I'd rather us go through the extra effort to clean up our pages than just embracing mistakes and letting them grow to the point of no return. Skål! 07:55, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
Sector 36 Edit
Ah right I didn't see had missed one but he had been doing this in the past and I realised the pattern was emerging again. Kiwi 20:59, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
How I've beenEdit
Sorry that I missed you in chat. Thought the polite thing to do would be to drop you a message. I've been doing well; I'm one of only about five major editors at work at The Vault. I've noticed that most of this site is geared more to community interaction rather than information sharing (this isn't a dig toward the site, jut an observation). We've the exact opposite at The Vault; all work and no play :). How have you been enjoying your bureaucracy? --Kastera (talk) 21:44, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Why did you remove my ban template and over-ride my own personal ban? I was already handling the situation just fine. Skål! 01:50, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry for Boosting. I will never do it again.
Patroller request - Gauzz Rifle Edit
Hello, and I'm here to request my patroller rights. I've been here continuously active, nearly everyday and I edit pages to remove vandalism, and correct, and put real-life references to pages if they are needed. I also participated in two projects here, the sound project and the Fallout 3 creatures project which I actually did a good job of according to Kastera, a fellow administrator. I also help users on chat, such as counseling and userpage customizing, that's all that I can tell and have a nice day. "Game's rigged from the start."
Can I have "Patroller" status on this site? Most of the edits I've made here were of a fairly high quality, and I've never had a conflict with the users here. Charcoal121 23:31, April 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Can you please add "Patroller" status in my infobox? Thanks. :P Charcoal121 15:50, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
Guidelines. Not actual policies. Skål! 21:29, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Guidelines are left up to interpretation. Policies are the actual set rules that must be abided to.
- Permanent bans are not against policy. Not even against anonymous users. I have gone through Wikia policies, and I have not seen anything to the contrary.
- Like I pointed out to Limmie, I've seen VSTF and Wikia staff perma-bam anonymous users as well.
- I left the talk-page rights available. If the IP is ever cycles, they can just leave a message or talk to Wikia staff. It is very easy to check to see if it's the same person or not.
And please don't patronize me. I have to explain myself all the time. Like now. I never complain about it though. That's just what comes with being a Mod/Admin/'Crat. Skål! 21:35, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Not true. From the same page you linked to me: "These are just guidelines for usual cases. Blocks and their duration are generally up to the discretion of Nukapedia's administrators." Skål! 21:41, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't work like that. I will never accept people using circular logic and personal bias to tell me that I can't do something which is clearly within my rights to do. Here's what I'm looking at:
- This anonymous user viciously trolled a sister wiki.
- This same anonymous user also has a history of being a nuisance here as well.
- I have very good suspicions that were originally pointed out to me by chat users that this anonymous user is our very own Liam.
- This anonymous user's IP address comes from a personal house-hold, and they have been using this IP for the greater month. If the IP happens to cycle, and the rare chance that it is therefore given to another unfortunate user who happens to also want to edit on here, then they can leave a message or talk to Wikia staff. Like I already said, it can easily be confirmed whether it's the same person or not. Skål! 21:57, April 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Hah! I'm starting to wonder if you're a glory-hound. First you overturn my ban and ban template even though I had the situation handled perfectly fine and then replace them with your own ban. I also came to an understanding that you were talking behind my back in chat right after and even when I came into chat, you decided not to actually discuss your thoughts to me. Now you're defending an obvious troll even though there is absolutely no reason to. Now I'm going to address your recent points:
- Insulting other editors if they are registered qualifies for a perm ban. Not anons. Anons help build the wiki and blocking damn near everyone you "think" is a bad way to go. Most of you anon blocks have been for two or more blog comments. For christ's sake leon, you are out of hand on that.
- First of all... this anon has never made an article edit. Ever. So don't use that card on me that anonymous users are the backbone to this wiki. Also, for the last time... this ban was decided because he is an obvious vandal and troll. Stop bringing in second elements to try and debunk my primary reasoning. As for the other anons I've banned, this is not the time or place. Drudging up the past to try and discredit someone is both petty and sleazy.
- Honestly, I don't care if another wiki says or doesn't say something in their policies, they are not this wiki. What policies are here are for this wiki, not others and vice-versa. I'm disappointed that has to be even made clear to you.
- What? You must be joking... you don't care about the over-all Wikia rules that we in no way can change or modify? That's like saying the Constitution doesn't matter because you're in your own home and the government doesn't have a right to tell you what to do while you're in there.
- You are not Wikia staff nor VSTF, you do not have the same tools to verify ip's. Period. You are just an admin here and you do not have the right to ban people indefinitely on a hunch or feeling. That alone can be seen as power abuse.
- I can absolutely verify IP's. You are making a baseless assumption by saying otherwise. And I did not ban him on assumptions or feeling. I banned him for trolling another wiki. Once again, you are trying to debase my reasoning with factors that don't count in this whole matter.
- Duration is up to the admin, but policy clearly states perm-bans are for registered users only.
- Like I showed you earlier, it is stated right underneath that those are not actual policies. They're guidelines.
- So your assumption that this ip comes from a house and that maybe if they want to edit here they need to talk to Wikia staff is justified. In my opinion, with that attitude you are no longer willing or able to follow this Wikia's policies. Enough said.
- Not an assumption. I checked the IP personally, and it came from a single house-hold. And if you threaten me again, I will bring Wikia staff into this. I am absolutely tired of you threatening everyone whenever you can't get your way. You're always threatening to leave for one. And then you're always telling people they're not worthy of their positions because they have a different opinion than you. Get off of your high-horse. Skål! 22:38, April 27, 2012 (UTC)