- 1 Favour time.
- 2 Mistah
- 3 VATS accuracy perks
- 4 Town Hall
- 5 Garden Gnome
- 6 Gore
- 7 Hey again!
- 8 Heyy dude
- 9 TCM
- 10 GECK
- 11 something u babbled on about videos
- 12 Sarah Lyons
- 13 Videos
- 14 (cant think ov a headline....)
- 15 Synth Retention Bureau
- 16 Lysiaboy
- 17 NPC project
- 18 Harkness page
- 19 Scrap Metal Notable Loot
- 20 I need a little corroborative admin help
- 21 Wesleyeye
- 22 Thanks
- 23 Recent block
- 24 Why
- 25 Paradise Falls ain't grandma's house
- 26 Apology
- 27 Prewar money locations
- 28 whatchu talkin bout?
- 29 Minigun
- 30 Rap Wiki
- 31 Hey
- 32 Answer and welcome
- 33 Dukov's place
- 34 Raider ability to equip Power Armor
- 35 Red Racer Bugs
- 36 Im sorry but,
- 37 Sorry
- 38 Sorry
- 39 wanst my goal to make certain sugestions
- 40 Sorry
- 41 Sister
- 42 Problem
- 43 NPC project news: Birthdates and Interactions template!
- 44 Capitalization
- 45 Capitalization
- 46 Item locations
- 47 I'm a doctor, not a damned mind reader!
- 48 Widipedia
- 49 Uh huuuh?
- 50 Categories
- 51 Vandal
- 52 Deleted article
- 53 Creating Templates
- 54 Copy of message to Zuriga re:Ghoul Mask edits
- 55 Agnes
- 56 Size?
- 57 Fixed it
- 58 Ghoul Mask
- 59 The "vandal" on 10mm Round...
- 60 Chinese Pistol
- Added info and will attempt an in-game picture.--Kingclyde 04:59, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
'Ello again. I need help verifying the location of the Scavenger's key. Keys artice says it's under the bus, but there is no area under the bus. Its world model is solid. I'm searching after the Enclave set up a base, so maybe the whole area is changed? The sniper rifle in the barn as well as the ammo boxes are marked red before the Enclave, green after. Same with the locked footlocker. Anyway, location would be good. Nitty 07:23, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
- I noclipped around the whole bus area. Also spent some time looking for the key. All were green before and after Enclave encounter. Just a really hard lockpick. Could not find key.
- I'm 100% sure the key is there, I've found it myself. I don't remember how I got at it though - it seems to be in an inaccessible position by default (under the small stairs leading into the bus "interior" from the side where you look at the barn). -- Porter21 (talk) 10:25, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
Ozzy hate much? :P Nitty 03:45, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
- I don't hate Ozzy, I just can't understand why a reference to a song that was a reference to a reference that is already referenced makes sense.--Kingclyde 03:49, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
Awww... I missed the Crowley fun by less than an hour! Work went late tonight.--Gothemasticator 11:17, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
- Just because you "can't understand" it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. -184.108.40.206 21:58, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, someone who can't understand the meaning of can't understand. Maybe I should be a little more precise in explaining things to people. I cannot understand the logic that people use to justify placing duplicate information in an article. Is that better my young anonymous padawan editor? --Kingclyde 00:25, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Not really. Because you've not explained exactly how info on a man and info on a song based on that man are exact duplicates. (Because they're not.) -220.127.116.11 08:34, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, someone who can't understand the meaning of can't understand. Maybe I should be a little more precise in explaining things to people. I cannot understand the logic that people use to justify placing duplicate information in an article. Is that better my young anonymous padawan editor? --Kingclyde 00:25, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
I'll try to explain: The song is making a reference to the man. The game is also making a reference to the man. That makes them parallel references, in which case we list only the reference the game is making. We don't care what the song is making reference to, since this is a wiki about the game.--Gothemasticator 08:54, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I got that many times over. You're still missing my point. -18.104.22.168 08:57, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, apparently the point you are trying to make is unclear. Why don't you lay it out for us numb-skulls. --Kingclyde 09:23, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
VATS accuracy perks
Removed the bugs notes. Can you check to see if the Tesla Cannon is affected by Commando? Nitty 04:34, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes it is as it is an energy weapon. --Kingclyde 04:38, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the info on how to handle small buildings like that. I'll keep it in mind.--Gothemasticator 06:21, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, the current approach is to have own articles for town buildings (see project talk page); they are a special case. -- Porter21 (talk) 09:43, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
I realize it isn't necessarily important, and I didn't put it in myself, but don't you think you should at least leave it in the "notes" section. That's usually the best spot for small details like that... just saying. --XxPrinceofEvilxX 04:08, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- In all honesty, it's a note that doesn't need to be in there. You see it when you pass it. That is like leaving a note in that says there is a pool table on the upper catwalk. It's kinda obvious. --Kingclyde 04:10, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, I'm gonna have to agree there. At the moment it just seemed like something someone would want to know, since it's a little odd, but not odd enough to note. Alright, I see your point. --XxPrinceofEvilxX 04:11, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Well, there are 8 articles about non-player weapons. The reason why I don't think they should have separate pages is because they are not weapons in an in-universe sense; they are either modified base weapons (for balancing reasons) or only exist because of game-engine limitations (the latter includes "weapons" like Ant spit or SatCom Nuclear Strike). Personally I feel listing their stats on one page is enough; individual pages usually end up being of questionable quality. In addition, a lot of them do not even have unique names. In summary, I'd either list them with their stats in the base weapon article and/or on Fallout 3 non-player weapons. Feel free to start a forum discussion about it, it'd be good to finally resolve this issue once and for all. -- Porter21 (talk) 01:17, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Hollow Points gave me an idea. D'you think you could get pictures of the Operation Anchorage retextures of the R91, the CAR, the 10mm and Silenced 10mm, and the Combat Shotgun? I don't think the other weapons are retextured... Nitty Tok. 22:39, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Look here sim shady! I gotta reinstall the game and then then GECKola and then do it. Plus I have a family deal to deal with. SO give me till Tuesday.. Do you want them on the ground? Then kinda blacked out?--Kingclyde 21:07, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
Why is it that you're paying attention to Vaultie and not MMMEEEEEE?!
- I just realized I have no idea how to get a pic or the id's in the GECK--Kingclyde 05:46, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for the information hope i fit in just fine
What do you mean Signed back on?--Vault4 15:10, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
How come only certain people have that Welcome to the Vault on their talk page?--Vault4 15:24, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
Question 1 - I have just signed back on means I logged back in after an absence.
Question 2 - Because approx. 30 people create accounts each day, thus I do not have time to greet everyone. It's like attending a business luncheon. You see everyone but you don't get to shake everyone's hands. --Kingclyde 21:11, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
A. Why did you put lol on Nitty's talk page? B. Would you be able to use the G.E.C.K and get me an image of Sammy, please?--Vault4 10:52, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
Can you get me a picture os Sammy or tell me where to get one. Can you do the same for Sid (Fallout 3) for me please because his image is not very good, I don't think please?--Vault4 11:06, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
- I got the message. There is no need to ask multiple times. I will get to as soon as possible. Maybe late tomorrow or Tuesday. I have to go to bed now and then go to work. Tomorrow, I have to set-up a dual boot on my friends computer. He wants Ubuntu and Windows 7. Shouldn't be too hard as long as I install Windows first. --Kingclyde 11:13, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
How do you take the pictures? Most of the ones you uploaded seem very dark. The base ID for weapons can be either be seen in the top bar of the preview window or by expanding the second column in the item list window; ref IDs are only needed for characters and you can't see these in the GECK anyway. -- Porter21 (talk) 09:44, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
- The only way to make them brighter is by using an image editing software, same for giving them transparent backgrounds. I only replaced the images with transparent versions because Nitpicker asked me to. Not sure why they are showing brown backgrounds for you, they're transparent for me. -- Porter21 (talk) 09:12, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
something u babbled on about videos
Speak in english The BLU Soldier
wa? i didnt understand wat u meant exactly. all i was asking was that u'd help me understand a bit more. thats all. nothing on the terms of trying to offend u. and on the first strike didnt know u were an admin and i think i apologised but if not i'll make up for it now. i'm sorry The BLU Soldier
The only age supported by in-game evidence is 30, so it's the only canon one. The 23 age is from the official guide, but we consider the guide canon only as long as it doesn't contradict the game itself, since it was based on an old build of the game. I don't know when the 27 years old date came from. Ausir(talk) 23:58, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
- Cool, I wanted to confirm that in-game age is what we we using. I'm not sure about the 27 yr old one either. Thanks. --Kingclyde 04:30, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
Just for future reference, there is an easy way to tell apart uploaded videos and videos embedded with the youtube extension (other than looking at the page source): The uploaded videos look like image thumbnails. For example, compare The Pitt (add-on)#Videos (uploaded video) with Broken Steel#Videos (youtube extension video): The Pitt trailer has a border around it as well as a row within the border with the (optional) caption on the left and the thumbnail symbol on the right. The extension videos neither have the border nor the row with the thumbnail symbol. -- Porter21 (talk) 22:51, December 14, 2009 (UTC)
(cant think ov a headline....)
Synth Retention Bureau
Hey, I noticed you fixed up the little, tiny edit that i did on the Synth Retention Bureau, thanks, that was just sort of out of the blue for me, and I figured id fill it in. I decided to make an account when I got the message from them. So thank you, I will definitely learn how to do all this stuff so I can make it as professional looking as yours.
--BigC VI 06:27, December 23, 2009 (UTC)-C
To be fair, you banned him less than two hours after my warning on his talk page, and I don't believe he had actually made any edits since the warning.--Gothemasticator 05:14, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
I honestly did not see the time that you warned him. Most of the time I look at user contribs as a reference. He has been doing these poor edits for at least a month. What made me ban him was his edit to Morrill. Defender and an asshole? He may be, but the game only calls him a defender. --Kingclyde 18:32, January 4, 2010 (UTC)
Hi! I want to thank you for your participation in the Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project. Progress continues, and I invite you to pick up the torch again! Please visit the project talk page to see what's new and add your input.
I look forward to seeing your name on the recent edits page!--Gothemasticator 10:15, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
Just wondering what was wrong with the Panic at Year Zero! ref. on the Harkness page, esp. considering the Blade Runner ref. under the same header. --22.214.171.124 15:39, January 5, 2010 (UTC)
Scrap Metal Notable Loot
Hi, I noticed you've re-added Scrap Metal to the MDPL-16 Power Station notable loot section. I had previously removed it because it isn't rare as per the guidelines, but I'm happy to discuss it. I've made a comment on the Help_talk:Notable_loot page so please add your thoughts. Ishotamaninnewreno 04:52, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
Just had a look at some other edits, I can see you've also re-added a few other things that aren't specified on the Help:Notable loot guidelines, such as a power fist and scoped magnum, are these guidelines out of date? Sorry for the double post here, I'm not trying to hassle you out. Rather, I just want to make sure I'm editing within the guidelines. Thanks Ishotamaninnewreno 04:57, January 15, 2010 (UTC)
You are right on that, I thought smaller side quest counted as well but it's not necessary to mention. I haven't been on in awhile due to not having the internet, sorry it too me so long to respond. --Kingclyde 03:37, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
No worries... I pity the foo' who doesn't like your avatar! Awesome dude Ishotamaninnewreno 04:15, January 17, 2010 (UTC)
I need a little corroborative admin help
I posted this first on Nitty's talk page, but he seems to be out for the night. Care to take a look for me?
Please take a look at this recent edit history and the relevant editor's talk page history. I'm of a mind to block this guy, but, since I'm involved, I'm asking you to weigh in. Would you mind?--Gothemasticator 04:47, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
The info he added makes alot more sense as in the form of a cure all remedy. She was "sick" and in need of some shine when you first meet her. That is the most logical reference. --Kingclyde 07:05, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm satisfied with what you wrote. Thanks.--Gothemasticator 07:35, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
hi would you mind to upload the contract killer perk imgaee in my infobox for some reason i cant do it
It appears you are using the incorrect infobox type. It shows the image fine, you may want to use the NPC infobox.
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm happy to be able to contribute to the wiki. Ishotamaninnewreno 04:57, January 25, 2010 (UTC)
You just blocked an anon for a one-time non-vandalism edit. I understand that you just undid a boatload of bad edits and are pretty fed up, but I think blocking a guy for using first person language once is a little outside of policy.--Gothemasticator 09:29, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for catching the one time I went out of policy and making a point out of it. Ok sure I was mistaken, but to come here and call me out on a mistake like I'm some kind of bad person and that you feel required to keep me in check is unneeded and offensive. I understand you do alot around here but that doesn't negate that I have too, so let be civil. I unblocked him. --Kingclyde 16:26, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
- There's nothing uncivil about how I raised the issue. I know how much you do, and it's good work.--Gothemasticator 19:30, January 28, 2010 (UTC)
Why did you edit out the part beside the Olney sewers note, stating that if you miss the prototype medic armor the first time, you can never get it back again? Suck my balls, false editor.
- It was reverted because it is a false statement. The armor can indeed be found after beginning the quest for a tesla coil. And thanks for the complement. --Kingclyde 05:09, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
It never was false. I had proven it on the Xbox 360, it disappears if you do not search the Brotherhood of Steel Initiate
and leave without picking it up.
- Then what you need to do is add it correctly as a bug with the proper documentation (ie Xbox 360, PC, PS3 etc) and submit it to the discussion page for multiple confirmations. I do like how you circumvented your ban. Nice work. It is a false statement at least on PC, so please add it as a bug in the above said manner. Plus it does not belong in that article. It goes on the prototype power armor article. Thanks. --Kingclyde 05:26, January 31, 2010 (UTC)
Paradise Falls ain't grandma's house
Dude, you cracked me up with that comment on your edit summary. Brought a little joy to an otherwise crappy day at work. Ishotamaninnewreno 06:20, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
I am sorry for insulting you. I have had disagreement with some of your conduct, but those sentiments in no way excuse my personal attack. In the near future, I intend to make my concerns more clear in the proper manner, and in a way such that you will be able respond, but for now, please accept my apology. -126.96.36.199 20:45, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. Apology accepted. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you with them. Thanks. --Kingclyde 06:48, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Prewar money locations
why are you eraing the Pre-war money locations it has always been there gothemasticator nor porter or pitnicker chanced it you know how much time it cost me looking for these locations
addict 4 life 22:37, February 1, 2010 (UTC) wesleyeye
whatchu talkin bout?
im not refering to being able to get all the followers just 2 regular (like charon and star). u can do that by killing dogmeat and opening up his 'reserved' slot for another human/humanoid
do a lil' bit more research before deleting my observations Vultre9 05:55, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
no, i just did it the same day that i killed him and the whole time i was offline (i have dial-up) no patch or dlc or whatever was downloaded when this happened, it was completely and entirly done on the same day/playthrough/session and it happened right after raven rock
what do u mean 'so if i kill charon i can get another follower'? dogmeat has a reserved follower slot untill hes been killed, and then u can recruit another unless u choose the Puppies! perk Vultre9 05:55, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
I still dont see how seeing as i was able to kill dogmeat, hire star w/ charon in party and then play through a chunk of the game... on the same version, minding that follower hireing doesnt glitch that often in this case Vultre9 05:55, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
i know it cant be found but unique means there only 1 and there can be up to 3 in the game 2 on brick and 1 as reward from reilly so doesnt that make it semi-unique
addict 4 life 18:14, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
- No that doesn't make it semi unique because you are cheating in order to get more of them. You are only supposed to get one through game play. And Rielly says "do you want the armor or one of Brick's miniguns" which insinuates that she custom builds them. You are only supposed to get one. Also unique means that no other weapon shares it's same properties. There are no other miniguns that do that so yes, it is unique. --Kingclyde 05:50, February 5, 2010 (UTC)
I have adopted the rap wiki. Go to my user page and click the external link at the top of my user page and check it out.--Vault4 08:13, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
I didn't know you cared :P
I'm avoiding here for a bit so I when I go into NV, I will know nothing about it.
Answer and welcome
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question about the Chucky page more fully, and for the official welcome. -HughJackman 20:35, February 8, 2010 (UTC)
There is always a possibility that somebody from some reason (f.e. home decoration) wants to collect Jet of empty bottles, conveniently in one location. It would be more honest and straight to say that as a competent inhouse editor, you don't wish to have it mentioned there and I would be fine with it. No need to go overly emotional, making up "no reasons". I may be anonymnous user, but I'm not an idiot.
Raider ability to equip Power Armor
Hi, I was just wondering why the ability of Raiders to equip Enclave Power Armor is not noteworthy in the context of the section? Thanks. 188.8.131.52 13:27, February 11, 2010 (UTC)
- This line is not needed, "Indicating a resourceful scavenger streak, " nor is the image. It creates clutter. I forgot to add the power armor note. I have readded it. Thanks. --Kingclyde 02:45, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
Red Racer Bugs
i was wondering why you flet the bugs in the red racer facility were not worthy of being kept in the article. the heads exploding out of goo and ash seems like a bug worth keepingKatikar 09:04, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
- They were unconfirmed bugs. As per policy all bugs need to go on the discussion page to receive more than two confirmations (with platform type) before they can be added to an article. Those removed bugs are there. --Kingclyde 10:14, February 13, 2010 (UTC)
Im sorry but,
You need to stop being so rude about some of the posts. It seems unfair to whoever wrote them, and its completely unneccesary to degrade it. Not everything is obvious, it depends on each person. So just read this, and please try to keep this in thought when writing your summarys. NukeWEEPツ ᵒ ᴴᴬᴵ☃ 05:29, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
- It's a joke, and when you go through as many edits that are useless, trying to make the best of it helps. Should I have put something like, "hey dummy don't add that?". It's rare that I do that, so please don't come here and be rude to me. Keep THAT in mind. I've almost had it with all of you new editors coming in here and telling others how things should be run. Out of 5800 edits, how many say things like that? Don't come here and feel that you need to police me. You don't. I've done alot of work here and I intend to keep doing so. A joke here and there is innocent. Thanks for your concern. --Kingclyde 05:35, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, first, edits here don't matter, its the people. And just to ignore your extreme rudeness, sorry I can't see sarcasm over a computer screen. NukeWEEPツᵒ ᴴᴬᴵ☃ 05:38, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
- I came here to apologize for my rudeness. I'm a little stressed. I'm trying to do good here. Sorry if I was rude to you. Do you accept? I would like to put this behind us as you are a decent editor. --Kingclyde 05:39, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, and I guess I understand. And yes, I accept your apology. NukeWEEPツᵒ ᴴᴬᴵ☃ ᵀᴬᴸᵏ 05:46, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
Ok clyde,On fallout i got him, i exited paradise falls, and fast traveled before going out past the guards, so tecnicly i got him perminantly,I promise this is true.Im sorry about this clyde.All i have done is piss people off on this wiki and all iv done is contribute,Nickpicker of the wastes has blocked me becuase he deleted my article and i got a bit annoyed and swore at him, i apologized but he won't talk to me:( The only decent person on this wiki is porter21 and ausir, I hope we can get along clyde:)-Tommygunner32-12:10.
- Then it may have been a bug. I've tried it several times and it's a no go wth all 3 characters that I currently have in my save games. (This is on PC). What we can do is add it as a bug in article as it seems that it has happened to you. He wasn't meant to be a follower either temporary or full time. It simply could be a bug. Add it to the bugs section in the article and it will be fine. I'm not pissed off at you, I just get sick of reverting the same edit over and over again without any word from that editor. It gets a little frustrating. Anyways, try that and everything should work out fine. Thanks. --Kingclyde 19:27, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
wanst my goal to make certain sugestions
i just told tommygunner32 how i thought bout it i know you guys help us if needed but it was just how about i was thinking bout it and its absolutly not my goal to insult or piss you guys of i rather have you guys as friends than as enemies i really do and wanna make excuses if i did make it sound offensive or anything in that way . Wesleyeye o and i now im an iddiot but when i use the autograph button so it shows 4 ~ i it still dont a correct link to my page how can i fix this
addict 4 life 14:55, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
Ok,Thats fine clyde,Im sorry about the edits,I'm just trying to help u you know,I though moving it from notes to trivia is right because it does that on other pages.Please don't ban me i mean't good,Just don't forget i am not familiar with the vault's (WIKIPEDIA STYLE) editing and writingTommygunner32 11:43, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
im srry for the resent chences besides the infiltrator page i didnt make the other chances on the metal armor i went out with the dog and my sister was freaking around like she does often my apologies for it , i am though busy with the Point lookout pages mostly grammar .
addict 4 life 08:34, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Insulting other editors. Went on Capt. E's page and called him an asshole. I am also researching Capt E's conduct if I can find what caused this. --Kingclyde 01:13, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Just noticed that. I unblocked cheese and am writing on Capt's page now. --Kingclyde 01:17, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I've changed the block down to one day; CheeZ certainly had no right to go harrassing, but Capt. E. didn't quite read the Editing policy either. A week is a little too much, and we have much worse editors around here that won't be blocked for more than he did. Nitty Tok. 01:19, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
- I removed the block altogether. It was mutual so they both get warned. The youth of today. :)--Kingclyde 01:21, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you for your help and understanding Nitty and Kingclyde. If there is any advice you can give me (aside from the backseat moding), then I'm happy to hear what you have to say. --Cpt. E. Blackadder 01:56, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
NPC project news: Birthdates and Interactions template!
Thanks for your continued participation in the NPC project! Please visit our project talk page to catch up on new developments. See you around the recent changes page!--Gothemasticator 08:58, February 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Thus endeth the copy/paste. Hey, I wanted to personally thank you for being such a watchdog. You keep good articles from getting degraded. If you get a chance to play with the new template, let me know how you think it works.--Gothemasticator 08:58, February 23, 2010 (UTC)
i have asked Ausir bout the Capitalization and he gave ma a clear explenation of what is and isnt Capitalization like raiders isnt a real specific name bout a common term and so shouldnt be written with a Capital.
and besides that i have been making these grammar chances for the past 4 days already and this is the firsdt time i had any complaints bout it while you and porter and gothemasticator also were online while i did this. my grammar isnt that good but i know ty to Ausir what is and what isnt Capitalized.
addict 4 life 10:50, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not degrading you editing style or "complaining" about it. You are a good editor and when I notice small stuff like this I'll mention it. When you've been at this for as ling as we have, any mass change leaves an queasy feeling in my stomach. It's that you are (at least in the instances that I have seen) generically replacing the term. In some places that works and others it doesn't. Just because porter, gothmasticator or myself were online, does not mean we had time to reviews all of your edits. Both porter and goth are extremely busy here. When I get on, I am usually fixing errors left by anon editors. There were a couple of errors that I fixed so I'll just keep up on it if you want. Thanks. --Kingclyde 11:11, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Words like "raiders" should not be capitalized when used alone, since it's not a name of a specific faction, but a generic name for various bands, same with "tribals". On the other hand, Pitt raiders or Point Lookout tribals can be capitalized, since they refer to specific factions. See also the discussion at Forum:Capitalization guidelines. Ausir(talk) 11:19, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- The example I was thinking of was on The raid shack in the first sentence. Raiders in general are considered a faction. Mainly in the GECK and in-game. Pitt raiders are no different than regular raiders, so why are they capitalized. We can't have it both ways. In-game the tribals in PL don't have Point Lookout Tribals as a name where Pitt Raiders do. All three are factions. Raiders should be capitalized in instances like the first line of that article. It is stating who the place is occupied by. It is occupied by Raiders. I think both of the following make sense and are proper grammar. 1) The Raid Shack is occupied by Raiders. 2) Bethesda Offices West is home to a considerable number of raiders. Both are proper uses of grammar. --Kingclyde 11:28, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- If they weren't one faction, why does the GECK and in-game list them like that. It shows the Pitt Raiders as DLCPittRaiderFaction and regular raiders as RaiderFaction. Either way it seems I cannot get results here. Every arguement I make is muted by bad grammar. I'm done. I need some sleep. --Kingclyde 11:39, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
- They might be one faction according to the GECK, but it doesn't really mean anything. It's just an abstraction for gameplay purposes, which sometimes treats unrelated individuals as one faction and sometimes treats parts of one faction as separate. "Raider" as such is a generic word, not a proper one, and in Fallout 3 the raiders are unorganized bands, not one big faction. Ausir(talk) 11:44, February 24, 2010 (UTC)
I still don't see the point in removing the locations from item articles. In my opinion, they definitely should be listed somewhere. If not in item locations then on a page like Fallout 3 component locations, as per Forum:Item locations discussion. They might seem useless to you but people do come here to find these. Until a page like that is created and linked to from all component articles, do not remove locations from articles. Ausir(talk) 10:12, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Fine. I thought we agreed on that along time ago. Porter and I had this discussion and it was decided that long lists like that do not belong for items that were everywhere. It would be nice if someone gave me a heads-up on this. I don't check the forums. All the other pages have not been changed to this "new format" so I went ahead and made the change. I respect you Ausir and I know you are the bureaucrat here, but please give me the respect of saying please. I've been here too long to get a demand for something that was changed unbeknowst to me. And please look at the other edits that I made to a page before you blanket edit something. I actually thought I made a good contribution. Maybe not? Thanks. --Kingclyde 10:39, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, personally, I never liked your removal of locations from articles and I've told you that a long time ago. Sorry for the revert, didn't notice that you changed other stuff too. And please do check the wiki discussion and policy discussion forums from time to time - these are not filled with "nonsense you don't follow". Anyway, see: Fallout 3 component locations (a similar one should be made for weapons, armor etc.). And not all other pages have been changed to your "new format". Ausir(talk) 10:50, February 26, 2010 (UTC)
I'm a doctor, not a damned mind reader!
Yeah. Haha. Lucky it showed up on the recent edits page, or I woulda never seen it at all! I certainly never woulda searched for it.--Gothemasticator 05:50, February 27, 2010 (UTC)
Haha! Thanks for catching that. We're just lucky I didn't accidentally write it as I commonly speak it: Wickedpedia.--Gothemasticator 21:35, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
Firstly, Ausir gave me the okay. Don't tell me I can't copy it word for word from the book even if I source it. Second, the moving of Sticky back was for what reason? Nitty Tok. 21:36, March 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Incorrect information my hairy ass. Page 98 of the GotY guide. Under the "census" section. And Ausir's the bureaucrat. He knows exactly what I'm doing and he's never spoken against it. In addition, pages like Achievements and trophies have content copied word for word from Wikipedia, and they are fine. Honestly Clyde, what do you take me for? Nitty Tok. 03:40, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
You're right, we shouldn't be copying stuff from the guide word for word. The difference from e.g. the Van Buren design docs is that the guide is being sold by Prima, so they could say that we're hurting their sales. Ausir(talk) 08:31, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
- As for nicknames, if a character is known mostly under the in-game nickname, I'd stick with the nickname - I'd move to the full name if e.g. a character's in-game name is just his first or last name, though. Ausir(talk) 08:35, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Though I really have no jurisdiction in this argument, don't you think Prima Guides gonna get pissed about us making a free guide based of of their information? - Nuke Eater Blab 08:42, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Probably yes (someone once tried to delete the list of errors from our page about the guide), but if it's just information, they can't have us take it down. Ausir(talk) 08:47, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Ban this guy's IP, I think he might do some damage if you don't soon :O 184.108.40.206 Thanks! Ghouly89 02:33, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Of course clyde ill keep it in mind,,,But you have to admit some people are stupid i mean why did he think he would get away with it,,,,It might be a public wiki but people should know better,,,,I will add a good reason next time thanks for been polite about it :) Tommygunner32 19:13, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
If you want to create a template, http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Template:<name here> .
Copy of message to Zuriga re:Ghoul Mask edits
- Keep the discussion on your talk pages until a consensus is reached. If you have to bring in a third party to mediate, please do so. But, please, don't keep editing the article after every exchange. Thank you. (I post the same message on Kingclyde's page.)--Gothemasticator 18:16, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Just trying to stave off a potential edit war. Didn't mean to come across as heavy handed or anything.--Gothemasticator 20:45, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
PS - I have no idea why the funny formatting is happening. It looks fine in both the RTE and the wiki editors.--Gothemasticator 20:46, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
Looks ok to me Oh shit! WTF? --Kingclyde 06:41, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
It's Nukies sig. Looks like in the copy/paste/edit job, he left off two important html tags. Fixed now09:40, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
Elegant. Well done, sir. Zuriga 17:51, March 12, 2010 (UTC)
The "vandal" on 10mm Round...
Has it not occured to you that the 's' key is right next to the 'z' key, and that the anon was merely fixing the aphostrophes without noticing the mistake? Honestly.
The contraction "IT'S" isn't showing possession, it's a combination of the word "it" and the word "is".
"It is only function" is improper grammar.