| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32, #33, #34, #35, #36, #37, #38, #39, #40, #41, #42, #43, #44, #45, #46, #47, #48, #49|
bos 2 power armor
Karel August Jacobs
Should the "terminal" page be an overview of the various world objects with subsections to Hacking, and the lists of terminal entries per game? I tried to do this on TV but don't want to just jump into another project right now.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:01, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
- I'll work on the images, however the loading screen images from the Vault seem to be clearer. I believe they were uploaded there without whatever filter made them look as if its on a green terminal. I don't want to get rid of those filtered images nor do I want to just replace them. That and I want to get the merge done ASAP, don't know when that wiki will be deleted.
- Yes I am working on the timeline page first and doing the red links. Right now I've uploaded all I managed to do on TV before gamepedia became archived. I will come back to it after work today.
- --Ant2242 (talk) 16:22, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
- On a side note shouldn't the "Great Blackout" article be deleted. It's not a real event, only a part of the "Great War".--Ant2242 (talk) 16:24, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
I've gone through everything again from pre-History until Oct 23, 2077. So far there appears to be only a few needed pages (red links). These are:
- "Freedom Society"
- "Mick Flanagan"
- "ATLAS Program"
- "Weather modification technology"
- "Zack Hayes"
- "Appalachian Assassin"
- "Modern Industrialist"
- "Invaders from Planet Zed!".
Also there are several references that need attention for one reason or another.
- Ref number 207 I need the Robobrian dialogue for Vault 112, its not on the Robobrain (Fallout 3) dialogue file page.
- Reference number 123 is quote "Mentioned in a conversation with ZAX in Fallout". If its mentioned in a conversation then that conversation is the reference, not a sentence mentioning the conversation.
- Reference number 94, the World of Refreshment announcer, there is no source text.
- Reference number 46 is quote "According to pre-War banners hanged around Diamond City." If so then we need images of them. Reference number
- Reference number 34 is a quote of the Philippi Battlefield Cemetery plaque. However I don't know if its a visual asset, or a text box like in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, or it was taken from the real monument and added to the wiki. It either needs a text file or a close up of the image.
- Reference number 32 is quote "Plaque outside the Old Mormon Fort." To the best of my knowledge there isn't a plaque outside of the Old Mormon Fort in game. Please see the above line for my commentary.
- Reference number 28, the Walden Pond announcer needs a source text page.
--Ant2242 (talk) 23:52, November 6, 2019 (UTC) I've finished the merging of the timeline page, there are more references that need attention. A list has been provided below. Also there are a some red-links that I wish to ask about. Should "Mechanist (Automatron)" be moved to "Isabella Cruz"? Should "Mariposa Military Base" be split with its FO2 counterpart "Military base ruins"? There are three more missing pages, also listed below and a few more citation needed tags added to the page.
- "Adam Veen", missing character page.
- "Battle of Huntsville", missing event page.
- "Project Siphon", missing lore/technology page.
- Reference number 252, which previews; "↑ 252.0 252.1 252.2 J.E. Sawyer in Fallout: New Vegas previews"
- Reference number 271 and 152, which page; "Mentioned in the Fallout manual"
- Reference number 616; Marcus what? "Marcus"
- Reference number 586; "Fallout endings"
- Reference number 587; "Fallout endings for the Khans, the Vault Dweller kills Garl Death-Hand and his Khans"
- Reference number 530; "Events of An Ounce of Prevention."
- Reference number 531; "Events of Cold Case."
- Reference number 532; "Effect of fixing the Rockhound in order to turn it into a settlement."
- Reference number 533; "Events of Signal Strength."
- Reference number 534; "Events of Miner Miracles."
- Reference number 535; "Events of The Missing Link, Early Warnings, Reassembly Required, and Coming to Fruition]."
- Reference number 536; "Events of Mayor for a Day."
- Reference number 537; "Events of Officer on Deck."
- Reference number 538; "Events of I Am Become Death."
- Reference number 457; Needs a prompt
- Reference number 370; Needs a prompt
- Reference number 726; This needs elaboration. "Fallout 3 prologue."
- Reference number 731; This also needs elaboration with source text "Estimated date based on the Fallout 3 Official Game Guide. This date is from the Prima Official Game Guide with the assumption that Amata and the Lone Wanderer are of the same age"
- Reference number 738; I need verification of the conversation between Amata and Stanley during the Growing Up quest. I believe I have it all there but cannot verify it.
- Reference number 785; This reference needs the source for the line "Fallout official site confirmed that". Also please review this reference's grammar.
- Reference number 786; This reference needs the source for the entire claim "Fallout official site: "The Vault Dweller's final and most fantastical adventure".
- Reference number 830; We need the prompt
- Reference numbers 441, 442, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453; I believe that these need to be elaborated on.
I can't find evidence of this. What Aisur refers to does not fit. Is it due to a change in the text on the site? If this is the speculation of Aisur, then the Valt Boy would have to be done by the artist. Gareth Davies, Michael Hood, David Lewin...--ExplorerSmaily (talk) 11:17, November 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Don't help me. I re-re-read and just what I noticed "Pip Boy caricatures". I'm I understood)--ExplorerSmaily (talk) 11:23, November 7, 2019 (UTC)
For the "security door error", I assumed that we would be merging the security door page unto a single page for the merge. We did so on gamepedia, for some reason. For the "pagename nd" template, what exactly is its purpose? I assumed that leaving it there was fine. "Name parameters", "sex" and "categories", working on it. As for "image names", I'm not going to rename them. I don't know off hand how many pages some of them link to or use as reference. I believe that it would be more efficient to first merge then streamline. Such as removing redirects, and adding proper formatting. Funny enough I went through a lot of those on gamepedia by hand. --Ant2242 (talk) 16:20, November 7, 2019 (UTC) Okay then, going forward I will replace "pagename nd" with text. Believe me I know the feeling of meticulously poring over articles.
That's fixing Bethesda's grammar. If they name a terminal "TeerrMinal" then we have to name it so. Particularly since we use the names of terminals as a reference.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:45, November 7, 2019 (UTC)
Hi, just wanted to know why my edit of the Mysterious Stranger page was reversed? In Fallout 4, if you spawn him with the console, the man's clearly caucasian, why was my edit reflecting this fact removed? J.A.Bristol (talk) 18:17, November 8, 2019 (UTC)J.A.Bristol
Why did you remove my edits to the Cryolator location? I was attempting to help other players with the information.
Link rot policy
I would love your opinion on the subject. Mine is here (Forum:New Policy: Guarding against Link Rot) along with a - for the best of my knowledge - complete list of external links to be watched over.--Ant2242 (talk) 17:54, November 10, 2019 (UTC)
Appreciation is in order
Thank you so very much for your encouragement and kind words. I research the real world locations exhaustively and I am excited to be such a resource and to provide meaningful contributions here. Kdarrow (talk) 22:25, November 12, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing the problem on the template. I refrained from editing it myself due to thinking there would be dozens of pages using the template already and if I edited the code, it would ruin the infoboxes already being used, and as such, worded how it was the same way in the code to get it to work on the page. "We're werewolves, not swearwolves." 00:17, November 13, 2019 (UTC)
Character dialogue page
R.E. Armor Images
Ill reupload with more space, should also bump the quality slightly. sadly this is the best quality i can get it as, as im taking them as xbox screenshots and transferring them to my computer through the app. I understand the higher quality priority, but i think the ones are good enough, and since most people wont see fit to zoom in, still highlights the armor well.--Dankalor😳 23:38, November 17, 2019 (UTC)
- image is reuploaded, and in my humble opinion its quality is comparable to the existing pose image, especially obvious when zoomed in, so i still believe this is a better image overall, despite its flaws. Besides, at least it wasnt taken on my phone😖--Dankalor😳 23:38, November 17, 2019 (UTC)
- For every image? Sure. Ill reupload the vault 94 and ranger ones now.--Dankalor😳 19:02, November 19, 2019 (UTC)
- I'm away from my computer atm, so uploading them in the closest guaranteed quality, 3:4. 5:7 is just guessing for me, and 3:4 seems ok. Hopefully thats OK to you too.
- For every image? Sure. Ill reupload the vault 94 and ranger ones now.--Dankalor😳 19:02, November 19, 2019 (UTC)
All but the location and context specific dialogue lines have been added. Speaking of we need those confirmed for the section and possible references. Also do you know of where it states that she traveled with Tabitha to Black Mountain before leaving for Jacobstown? I cannot find it.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:37, November 21, 2019 (UTC)
Sierra Madre Casino & Hotel
Should we rename the page to its full name? There is a specific section that is called "Sierra Madre casino". Nothing was removed from the infobox, if you are referring to the "type" section it shouldn't be there. As not all games use the same location icons I changed it to "icon" and put the correct icon there. Also those references are for how the building functions, they just need to be written into the page.
Also should "Villa Clinic" be moved to "Villa clinic"? As far as I'm aware it isn't a proper noun.
1) Why do we add icons that don't exist in game to their supposed locations articles then? Shouldn't it be icon by game?
2) Not like I haven't been doing so. Is there any way you can shed light on the character locations comments. I only added the locations that I could confirm at the time and can no longer do so.
3) Working on those Officially Sanctioned redirect cleanup now.
4) I'm going to have to leave the citation needed template there. Also is there a reference for her grandchildren's last names, or did the wiki add them?
3) In the Discord it was brought to my attention that the reference to the full title refers to the building as "Casino & Resort" not "Resort & Casino". Since this is the correct word order, do I have an Official Sanction to cleanup the redirects again?
3.a) Also May I also get an Official Sanction to move the terminal entries page?
3.b) Also May I decapitalize the casino interior section name? Right now it is "Sierra Madre Casino". --Ant2242 (talk) 13:33, November 23, 2019 (UTC)
removing an npc's headwear
id like to get a picture of the murderer without his mask but i cant figure out how to remove it (note the mask and the costume are a single outfit) it would be great if you could explain how Springtrap1128 (talk) 04:22, November 22, 2019 (UTC)
Hope you're doing well, J. I thought I'd ask about sort of a unique situation with the new Creation Club content. Appalachia is mentioned in a super mutant's log, which should probably be recorded on the page somewhere. My question is where the FO4CC tag would go for the Games template and infobox. It just seems weird to put Creation Club before Fallout 76 in that case. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 21:38, November 22, 2019 (UTC)
- Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure. Do you also think the GNR building plaza page should be split? The Fallout 3 and Creation Club versions have some notable differences, one page might be a bit cluttered. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 22:06, November 22, 2019 (UTC)
Fallout 4 developers
I am, don't worry. Finishing developer and QA pages has been a project of mine for a bit. I recently finished 76 and I'm taking care of what's left for 4. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 20:25, November 23, 2019 (UTC)
Unit#462 Fixt patch/mod
I've seen a number of edits to this wiki for the original Fallout game that mistakenly use the Fixt patch/mod as their source without realizing their mistake. Instead of having a confusing mishmash of differing and incorrect sources from random people editing a page, it would be significantly more useful to give them a subsection or stub of some sort to allow them to edit with the ==correct== information for that particular instance. This will also clue these random people in to their mistake without having to do constant monitoring of the vast wiki for bad edits that seem correct to the lamen playing with an unofficial patch.
I would like to come up with a compromise that works for this wiki if possible, instead of arguing over semantics like official/unofficial patch etc, please join me in this conversation :) Quantumapp (talk) 22:54, November 23, 2019 (UTC)
German wiki/User rights
with the exception of you, there are currently no active bureaucrat in the German wiki. I ask you to give me bureaucrat-rights there. Since November 22, 2016, I have been an administrator in the German wiki for three years (November 22, 2016) and there is currently no active community there, so no election or discussion.
Ant has been told several times now that we use proper grammar in reference citations and is now actively trying to edit war in the face of our editing policies. And I am not going to keep playing this game with them, please address our capitalization policy with them. 03:09, November 26, 2019 (UTC)
Just as a quick FYI I was updating the icons documentation code over at TOW and Divinity to generate the table that shows all the icons over at the table. As the module here is the the original for that module in those places, I brought the update over. You can see the it in work on Template:Icon/doc. Any new icons you add to the module will now load in automatically.
From a visual standpoint, the only difference between the old table and the new is that it is no longer 3 tables side by side (could do it if it means a lot to you guys, would require some work though!) and I've set the table to full to make the content visible.