| ||This page contains archived information from User talk:Jspoelstra. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
Proofreading and grammar Edit
Junk items and splittingEdit
Hey so I asked around on Discord and the feedback about splitting FO4/76 junk items is mixed. Probably landed on a rough consensus of "only split if combining the two games on one page is making it difficult for the reader". So something like Skull is a good candidate for splitting, but there's less of a reason to split something like the Fuse (Fallout 4) page which can be scrolled through pretty quickly.
When I asked about consistency and matching the approach with how FO3/NV items are combined, someone raised that Turpentine (Fallout 3) and Turpentine (Fallout: New Vegas) have been split, so there's precedent for splitting based solely on editor's discretion.
I do however feel like there's an overall desire to make how we organise our junk pages "better", whatever better might look like. So maybe something to revisit in the future after FO76 is dead and we're waiting for FO5. :) --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 12:32, February 19, 2020 (UTC)
I am sorry about the back and forth on sealed sewers. I saw the item on the loot policy page later on. I will remember it moving forward. Many thanks! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 17:57, February 24, 2020 (UTC))
2102 vs. 2103Edit
Hey J. I wanna make sure we're ready for Wastelanders when it drops in April, so I think we should make some preparations for the work that'll need to be done. One thing I wanted to ask you about is the use of 2102 in existing pages. Since Wastelanders will be a year later in 2103, should these links be changed to the new date? I'm mostly talking about instances of "X is a Y in Appalachia in 2102." Of course, it'll get more attention in places like Flatwoods that we know will be changed with the update, but what about some random location that might not be affected by the update? I feel that Wastelanders might be somewhat weird to work with overall, since it's essentially putting a new game inside of existing places in 76. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 14:30, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- Gotcha. Would Rose be a good example of how to handle it? I just feel that not mentioning 2103 would be strange if it's still there in Wastelanders, even if nothing is changed, and the date has moved forward. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 14:59, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
what do you think about the CO rank then? actually you dont even need to respond i only put it there because the midwest BOS says its a rank, take it down if you want. Branebriar1930
junk and componentsEdit
Yeah so I was thinking about this while doing the pages but it's a bit weird with how 76 does it because even though the "crafting component" is referred to as Acid or otherwise, the actual inventory item is "Waste acid". But they're effectively the same thing - the most raw form of the material you have to have in your inventory to craft. I was actually thinking that we should join Acid and Waste Acid (and so on) in the same page because the two are effectively equivalent.
The locations are based on the Mappalachia maps as well as the workshop yields as listed in-game. L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 00:00, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
- That being said, I can move the locations of the "fiberglass spool" equivalent to the relevant pages if we don't think we should merge. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 05:46, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
- Hm, yeah I see what you've done. Will replicate on the other component pages. :) -L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 23:27, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
Bethesda did a preview at PAX yesterday. They said they'd be releasing the raw video soon, without any commentary, but that hasn't happened yet, so I just used a clip of the stream here. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 15:20, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
Are we sure that's Batter in the trailer, with the plasma caster? I think that's just supposed to be a random player character, because he isn't shown wearing a Pip-Boy or a vault jumpsuit in the screenshot from ITV. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 17:14, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
- I guess that's where my confusion comes from. Yeah, they look the same, but it just seems odd that he has a Pip-Boy and a vault jumpsuit, which would usually indicate a player character from Vault 76. The trailer also shows him at Camden Park, then cuts to a first-person camera of a player shooting the plasma caster at floaters in the park. I'm 99% sure it's just a coincidence. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 17:24, February 29, 2020 (UTC)
Portal:Fallout 76 (iw) Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Jspoel, just an FYI. The Plasma caster guy is not Batter. Totally different hair, outfit, face, etc. The plasma caster guy even has a Pip boy. If possible, could you rename "Batter in trailer.png" to something else, simply because that isnt Batter? Even just merging the "better" picture with the original and deleting "Batter in trailer" would be good. Thanks!--Dankalor😳 23:29, March 3, 2020 (UTC)
little lamplight note Edit
Hey so i made a note on little lamplight about how they would keep their population up and JCB took it down would you mind looking at it and giving your thoughts? thanks.--Branebriar1930 (talk) 16:30, March 4, 2020 (UTC)
- The statement on the Little Lamplight page was essentially an “it is unknown” type of statement. These don’t add anything noteworthy to pages and only end up being a gateway for editors to try and speculate reasons in the page content. Great Mara (talk) 17:11, March 4, 2020 (UTC)
With most of the bureaucrats being out of commission, I was wondering what you'd think about delegating the handing out of Patroller rights to administrators as well? At some point, I'd like to tie Patroller rights directly to The Vault Academy, but for now, there are a number of growing editors I've seen that I'd like to talk to about giving them the tools, should they be interested.
At the moment, I'm thinking about both Dankalor and kdarrow. 寧靜 20:11, March 5, 2020 (UTC)
- Hey Jspoel. Been monitoring this because i saw my name, and i just saw your response on Leon's page. I just wanna let you know im totally available for that kind of stuff. Ive been meaning to try and start the process for it soon anyway, so if you are in need of a patroller, just let me know. Dont really know what i have to do to start the application, or whatever, but im totally down. --Dankalor😳 00:18, March 6, 2020 (UTC)
Line breaks Edit
I've gotta ask, because I asked AYF as well, and he had no real answer. Why are my line breaks being removed without adding anything of value, and without hitting the 'Minor edit' button?
As I told AYF, it's the same as adding an Oxford comma, and is personal preference. It is incredibly bizarre to me to see people reverting those changes for seemingly no other reason than to say that they don't like it. That's not a legitimate reason, and you guys are just inventing work for yourselves since I have no plans on stopping. 寧靜 22:52, March 5, 2020 (UTC)
I would be honored to serve as Patroller. Please let me know the details and my responsibilities, at your leisure. I very much appreciate you considering me. -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 17:03, March 6, 2020 (UTC))
- How wonderful, thank you. I can see the changes now. Your and others' confidence in my contributions are very meaningful to me. I look forward to learning more from everyone in the days ahead. - Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 18:18, March 6, 2020 (UTC))
pistol page Edit
Hey so you know how there are many weapon categories (revolvers, lever-action rifles, combat shotguns etc.)? i noticed that there isn't a proper one for pistols, just an unfinished and inaccurate list of weapons that end with the word pistol. Is the real reason we don't have a pistol page because it's a bit too vague of a term in the fallout universe? what with energy pistols and certain revolvers even called pistols(.32, 5.56). Even though pistols and revolvers aren't the same thing.
i think we should have a designated, ballistic pistol page as most other weapons have a category that they fit into but i'll need help determining parameters for a pistol as many weapons have the word 'pistol' in them but aren't actually pistols. I don't want another City scandal or Leon to go on a ban spree. I thing one big criteria should be: a magazine-fed handgun. Alternatively i get if creating a page like this will cause too many problems you're not keen on the idea. Thanks--Branebriar1930 (talk) 08:49, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
Why are you adding the asterix back in? That's not proper typography - a list constitutes two or more items; otherwise, bullets should not be used. 寧靜 15:49, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I'd also like to ask again why you are removing my line breaks? They're there to make my life easier when I revisit articles, and I'm still failing to see how they affect anyone adversely. 寧靜 15:50, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- The line breaks absolutely do not break the formatting - it is common practice to have line breaks after tags, in the same sense that it is common practice to add paragraphs to long text blocks; it makes things easier on the eyes when trying to jump from one item to another.
- As for the asterix, I'm not sure I'm following your logic here. It's improper typography - the same as if I'd be removing something grammatically incorrect. Just because something might look better to you personally, doesn't mean you are correct. Bullets are for lists - a single item, by definition, doesn't constitute a list.
- Yeah; I struggled with GAG - it kinda treads the line carefully, and I see no issue with considering it all a proper noun.
- I saw that! They've already been set up in the Discord as well, and they seem happy to have the chance to step up a bit more. Looking forward to seeing what all they can do for the wiki. 寧靜 15:58, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm not suggesting that I'm going to even remotely entertain the idea of adding line breaks to every single article - but there's also nothing wrong with adding them as I go. They don't break the formatting, they don't break the guidelines/policies, and they are technically correct to add. Cognitive bias is not a legitimate reason to go around reverting other editors - this wiki is for everyone, and unless something is explicitly breaking the established rules, we can't go around telling people how to edit.
- I'm not going by Wikipedia standards. It is literally incorrect to use bullets outside of a list - that's the academic standard, when our policies dictate that we must write in an encyclopedic manner. 寧靜 16:36, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but I must be firm here: The FW:AP states that an administrator cannot use their position to win editing disputes. I am not breaking any rules whatsoever, so if you're wanting to see change, it has to come from your end.
- You are literally telling me that I have to conform to your standards, completely outside of the realm of our community-established rules. That goes against the very purpose of a wiki, and that's not something I can abide by. 寧靜 17:06, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I am also going to take this chance to cite this forum, where there's a small consensus of sorts that was already established on the use of bullet points. I'm trying to find the original forum that Ryan was speaking of, and I'll cite that forum as well if I can find it. 寧靜 17:12, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I'm not the one telling people to conform to my standards, and I'm not the one telling people it's okay to break our rules in order to prioritize making the wiki look prettier over being more professional.
- I'm sorry; but contrary to what you claim, proper usage of bullet points has already been discussed multiple times in the past, and the only argument from your side ever given by anyone, is that it makes the wiki prettier. If you want me to stop removing improper typography that violates American-English conventions, then it's you that's going to need to make a forum, and it's you that's going to have to formulate the research behind your stance; I'm not going to do that for you, especially not over something that you're blatantly wrong over. 寧靜 17:21, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
Butch is Duchess' assistant so I figured it was referring to her. She sounds pretty old on the holotapes. I don't think it's the same actress as the one in Wastelanders. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 23:42, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
Removed it because it was a bare effort overview that's made redundant by its more appropriate article. Why do we need a redundant, lower-quality article over the same exact thing? 寧靜 13:35, March 10, 2020 (UTC)
- Ah, I see now. I made my decision based off of the fact that it was given a (FO1) stub tag. I was thinking that both of the overview pages were specifically over FO1. Mah bahd. 寧靜 13:41, March 10, 2020 (UTC)
About Being followed (Note in Harpers Ferry) Edit
I found the cooler of the image you uploaded, but only found some loots inside. I've been tried for serverals days, did i find the wrong one? Fallout中文維基行政員 - 史塔克大人 07:00, March 14, 2020 (UTC)
player character Edit
I tried to make the sentences as grammatically sound as possible though and i undid some of the edits i made. feel free to undo all of the 2nd/3rd person changes i made if it doesn't really matter that much but i can't go through each quest again right now.--Branebriar1930 (talk) 16:01, March 20, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Note imagesEdit
Thanks! I also made some graphical adjustments to my game recently so newer images might have better lighting, etc. It's definitely a worrying time, though. All of my college classes were moved to online. I'm not even sure if I'll have commencement at this rate. A friend of mine on Discord also got it from his workplace, which really woke me up. I don't pay as much attention to the wiki statistics as I probably should, now would be the time to watch them. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 19:16, March 20, 2020 (UTC)
- I'll work on the paper images as well. I need to go through Morgantown again anyway for the other notes. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 14:43, March 27, 2020 (UTC)
Quests on location pagesEdit
Greetings! Thank you for the question. I was following the format listed in the location article guideline resource page, that says for related quests, "If there are quests which start or take place in this location, list them here (just link them, no need to go into detail)." I can leave them though, no problem. Just let me know! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 21:56, March 20, 2020 (UTC))
- Absolutely, I can do that now. Thanks for the heads up! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 22:02, March 20, 2020 (UTC))
2nd person Edit
the main issue you seem have with those edits are the grammatical mistakes i am making, which i totally accept as my fault and i own. However i do not agree that it is fine to say 'player' instead of 'player character'. Saying the former is objectively wrong since the player is just the real-life person in front of a screen. i will take more care in making sure the sentences are grammatically sound but i am still going to correct the aforementioned terminology.
player character Edit
i do actually agree with you that it is a bit awkward, just when the player/player character difference gets pointed out it becomes hard to ignore from then on.--Branebriar1930 (talk) 23:49, May 3, 2020 (UTC)
Thank you so much for cleaning up the pages I edit/create articles for! I don't know much about making wiki pages, so I super appreciate it! :3. User:GreyFoxen
Generic CoA and Trappers dialogue Edit
Theil: " "
Child01: I believe someone has been stealing my snack cakes. D-do you think you could try and track down the culprit?"
Theil: " "
Theil: " "
Theil: " "
Child01: Thank you, Zealot."”
Reviewing the generic "trapper (Far Harbor)" dialogue also seems to not have the dialogue with the trapper in "The Arrival" quest. Is this a unique generic character?--Ant2242 (talk) 09:29, March 29, 2020 (UTC)
New terminals Edit
There are a lot of specifically named networks and terminals on the Gamepedia "computer" page. Where if anywhere should they be added here? I ask because both the "computer" pages need an update. Right now they are an overview for all "robots and computers", both hardware and software, and both complex and simple programs. I don't want to just port over the list creating a mostly red linked page. Also shouldn't the in game world object be recorded on the page?--Ant2242 (talk) 22:55, March 23, 2020 (UTC)
It is a pretty large list with red links and I know you don't like those. Should the page be reorganised and or split into some sort of sub-overviews? ie. "Software", "Hardware", "Terminal commands", "Newtowrks" etc? https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Computer#List_of_computers_in_the_Fallout_games
As for terminal on Gamepedia there is a list of lore known terminals, (Should they be mentioned on the computer page?) but it is an overview of here on Fandom "terminal entries"... So again, I am confused on how to proceed? https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Terminal#Terminal_types
"User:Ant2242/Terminals" The potential links are in red. Merged where I could. Where do you think is most appropriate for the "terminal entries" section? Just a link within each section or its own section?--Ant2242 (talk) 23:10, March 27, 2020 (UTC)
So what exactly is wrong with the wording? Is it not accurate? If it is a world object page, then it does need a section on "terminal entries" added to it and sub pages with the terminals for each game correct?--Ant2242 (talk) 21:19, March 28, 2020 (UTC)
Speaking of does this sound more neutral that what is currently on the main "terminal entry" overview page?
Joshua Graham revert Edit
Can I please revert Great Maria's revert to the "Joshua Graham" page? All I did was clean up some reverences and move a few quotation marks back to where they were within a quotation.--Ant2242 (talk) 22:57, March 23, 2020 (UTC)
- The only grammar I "made worse" was the quotations that were left where JE Sawyer left them, in his own writing, and in his own Quotation on the page.--Ant2242 (talk) 18:52, March 24, 2020 (UTC)
bad grammar Edit
Flag Icons Edit
I was going to add a link to the Czech version of our wiki on our main page but I didn't find an icon for the Czech flag here. Where did we get the originals? Once I find a Czech flag that looks like the rest I'll upload it and put the link in the proper template we use for the homepage.
Jgrsoto 02:06, March 25, 2020 (UTC)
- I was able to find an icon exactly like the ones on the homepage in Wikimedia Commons. I uploaded it and our homepage now has a link to the Czech wiki. For some reason it's Cs. Jgrsoto 00:21, March 27, 2020 (UTC)
FO4 locations by Guide Edit
Ivan Glaze Edit
- Indeed - he began working at Interplay in 2002. Then I don’t know who is the prototype) --ExplorerSmaily (talk) 15:40, March 28, 2020 (UTC)
Two different individuals?Edit
Hello! I wanted to run something by you. I think that the Senator DeSoto mentioned in Jack's terminal is not the same person as Antonio DeSoto, and may warrant a new page, or at least correcting the existing page. I think this because the senator is mentioned in Jack's terminal in the year 1968, but the asylum individual was not born until 2042. Let me know what you think, and thank you kindly! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 18:32, March 30, 2020 (UTC))
- Fanastic! I have them squared away. Thanks again! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 19:07, March 30, 2020 (UTC))
Hey Jspoel, the situation was explained to me and brought up by a few of the patrollers on the discord as a repeat pattern of behavior, but I definitely see your argument in regards to good faith intentions. I'll reduce the block period. ---bleep196- (talk) 21:58, March 31, 2020 (UTC)
Hello! Happy April Fool's Day. I came across this page Fallout Wiki:About which is not up to date on the merger of the two wikis. I am not knowledgeable enough to word it correctly, but I wanted to let you know in case you would like to take a look. -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 05:47, April 1, 2020 (UTC))
Format of book titlesEdit
Page moves Edit
If that's the correct grammar then what about pages like The Commonwealth, The Castle, The Cuckoo's Nest, The Combat Zone, The Crow's Nest, The Chop Shop, The Pitt (add-on), ....The Island... Et Cetera? I am very confused...--Ant2242 (talk) 00:30, April 3, 2020 (UTC)
I would very much like the policy for page naming to be outlined as well. I know there is a certain amount of "case by case" basis to naming a page, but there has to be some sort of Manual of Style or Wiki Policy someplace... right? I am not the best with grammar and want to get this right.
While on the specific subject of restaurants, isn't "The Gwinnett Restaurant", "The Shamrock Taphouse" and "The General's Steakhouse" proper nouns? If so does it mean that they keep the "The" grammatically speaking? If so does "The Prydwen" and "The Citadel" need it too? Also even if it is do we decapitalize "The Island"?--Ant2242 (talk) 18:01, April 3, 2020 (UTC)
bos character ranks Edit
Hey so i see that on the main BOS page the known have been identified by there ranks? this creates certain problems because the change in ranks for certain characters is not really take into account. for example maxson is a squire in FO3 and elder in FO4. sarah lyons became elder inbetween the games and certain characters change ranks within the games(SS, edgar hardin, McNamara) if certain options are taken. then there is the whole 'formerly/optional' issue like dr Li and ashur and the outcasts. Not really sure how best to remedy this by i started by removing the rank titles that denoted members of said rank. Thoughts?--Branebriar1930 (talk) 15:39, April 2, 2020 (UTC)
fnv settlement affilitation Edit
Hey so i noticed that all the name characters in certain settlements in NV (primm, westside, novac etc.) are listed as being affiliated and located at their given settlements, both with links. i thought this was strange so i changed the affiliation of some named character's affiliations i.e. westside to westside residents, novac to novac settlers. this seems fine for small places but can get messy in bigger places like freeside. i dont want to get banned again for making lots of edits so should i undo those edits and just keep both location and affiliation as the listed settlement (ideally with only one of them linked) or keep going?--Branebriar1930 (talk) 17:21, April 3, 2020 (UTC) Never mind im undoing them to be safe.--Branebriar1930 (talk) 18:56, April 3, 2020 (UTC)
im having a bit of a debate with devastating Dave about cait. He claims she was a sex slave but no dialogue suggests she was and the reference he provided was an unreliable confirmation. She mentions she was a slave who was forced to do terrible things but never specifically sexual in nature. surely this violates the speculation rule. thoughts?--Branebriar1930 (talk) 15:15, April 4, 2020 (UTC)
I'm slightly disappointed that you are fine with it. its going against the agreed upon rules and is a gateway for people to disregard the speculation rule and attempt to fill in any blanks they like with their own opinions. regardless you're both admins so i will not fight this--Branebriar1930 (talk) 19:13, April 4, 2020 (UTC)
R.E. Top down imagesEdit
Sadly, i didnt make them. They were posted to reddit with the intention of being uploaded to wiki, and i just was the one to upload them. From what i gather, they were taken through a glitch with the survival tent where you can stack them up super high and stand on it.--Dankalor😳 17:18, April 9, 2020 (UTC)
Companion specific location comments standardization Edit
To clarify my recent additions to some locations pages: For a while now I've been trying to standardize the specific comments the companions make to their pages. This is in an effort to actually get them verified and specified. I originally started this project 5 years ago.... I've got a template going and have been going steadily along, but I still can neither verify some, nor for certainty say I have all the lines at the location.--Ant2242 (talk) 20:36, April 11, 2020 (UTC)
Yeah... I'm gonna continue to place them into the pages I'm relatively certain they are for. I just wanted to clarify what I was doing. As again, I cannot verify nor specify a number of them. Nor have I been able to in the past half-decade. ...I was also hoping that when <hahah> someone who can use the Creation engine thing to check does go through them, they can update the sections on the Companions pages too.--Ant2242 (talk) 20:42, April 11, 2020 (UTC)
Type parameter Edit
Is there a way to remove an icon from the "type" section? I ask because if there is no icon for a location in a game, I don't believe we should be adding one.--Ant2242 (talk) 23:56, April 11, 2020 (UTC)
Thank you! That's why a while back, on Gamepedia, I switched all the locations pages to the "Icon" parameter. No need for coding, and it forced a verification of whether it actually had an icon, and if that icon changed from game to game.--Ant2242 (talk) 15:55, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
Chelsea and Winthrop disambig Edit
I don't understand, there are three different characters named "Chelsea", as well as dialogue file, major landmark, and note. For "Withrop" there are three different character named "Wintrhop", a note and a dialogue file. But we don't make a disambig because there is a slight difference? Example of Wikipedia disambig page Wikipedia:Chelsea.--Ant2242 (talk) 18:04, April 12, 2020 (UTC)
See the edit I just made to the key page - I'm 99% sure that code is cut, considering it's not the right combination, though if you could double check me on it, that would be appreciated. I can readd the entry, that was a mistake on my part. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 22:11, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
- I completed the quest a long time ago, on a much earlier version of the game, so my memory is fuzzy, but I think the painting only works when the quest is active. The keypad accepted the code of 021584, but I couldn't interact with the painting when I went through the location today. There's a walkthrough on YouTube from 2018, which shows the Congressional access card and the Welcome to the Whitespring holotape being added to your inventory after you click on the painting. There wasn't a safe involved. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 22:20, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
Yeah, no stress. Just wanted to make a page for it if we ever do decide to split the big boys from the little ones. Even if not, good to have. Also, colossal problem is an event, but not a publically known one, ill add all the non-public info for real the second WL drops tommorow, but until then, ill keep it just on my sandbox.--Dankalor😳 23:31, April 13, 2020 (UTC)
Re: MediaWiki:Gadget-InterlanguageChecker Edit
Eye F/for A/an Eye Edit
Het verschil met FNV is dat de FNV quest in-game "Eye for an Eye" is terwijl het in FO76 "Eye For An Eye" is. Ik nam aan dat we bij questnamen overal de in-game hoofdletters gebruiken.
Zo niet, welke stijl houden we dan aan? Daar zijn nml nogal veel verschillende standaarden voor: APA, Chigaco, etc. Ooh ik dacht dat "songcase" een typo was. Ik snap 'm. Maar het verschil dat ik net noemde is er nog steeds :P
- FDekker (talk) 13:27, April 17, 2020 (UTC)
- Ik ga er eigenlijk ook vanuit dat het in deze vier gevallen gewoon een kwestie van slordigheid is. Ik zal zo ook even de andere links fixen.
- FDekker (talk) 13:40, April 17, 2020 (UTC)
Abraham's middle name Edit
I don't think it is a good idea to assume his middle name since he is called both Francis and Lowel (by Abigail). This is more than likely a developer oversight that therefor can't really be resolved through discussion. I think it would be safer just to leave his middle name out seeing as there is no indication as to which named is more likely the real one. Just my opinion--Branebriar1930 (talk) 15:55, April 18, 2020 (UTC)
X-02 power armor Edit
Hey, on Trade Secrets i cant figure out hoe to get rid of that error above the quick walkthrough that I made. How do you get rid of it? Sorry
Thanks for editing the error out
I haven't been there yet, but if it's like the Abandoned waste dump and Sam Blackwell's bunker where both sections have a good amount of content, they might be worth keeping separate, otherwise merging them would be best. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 17:49, April 19, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Redirects Edit
Oh my, ik wist niet dat die pagina bestond. Wel jammer dat hij "maar" 5k redirects laat zien terwijl we er 11k hebben. Misschien dat de redirect category ooit nog nuttig wordt als we besluiten subcategorieën toe te voegen, maar dat is iets voor later denk ik.
- FDekker (talk) 18:13, April 19, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Treasure UnknownEdit
It might be more accurate to call it an unmarked quest. All of the notes and functions related to the quest, like the ones in the Grafton Pawn Shop, are all still in the game, they just don't have a quest that shows up in the Pip-Boy. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 18:40, April 19, 2020 (UTC)
- It's one location. Carnegie Mine might be an old, internal name for it, but it's called Carleton Mine in-game. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 19:53, April 19, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Cultist Edit
Ja, Wastelanders heeft een aantal nieuwe pictogrammen toegevoegd. Uit mijn hoofd zijn dat er vier: Blood Eagles-kampen, cultistkampen, the Crater, en Foundation.
- FDekker (talk) 21:34, April 19, 2020 (UTC)
Can do for the bullet point and regions. For some reason, I swear I read that for locations new by way of add-on, the region category was not necessary. Many apologies! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 20:01, April 20, 2020 (UTC))
Wow, thank you so much! I am having a great time sharing it with everyone. It has been awhile since I have visited some of the locations (a few of them 3+ years ago, time sure does fly) and I would be happy if even more people can come along on such adventures. Thanks again very much! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 01:40, April 21, 2020 (UTC))
Personal project Edit
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to turn a mostly finished personal project into an official Wiki Project. For a while I've been trying to complete all the specific FO4 companion comments for locations. Standardized across the wiki. I believe I'm 80% complete but the rest requires competent GECK/Creation editors, which I am not. Thus the project.--Ant2242 (talk) 03:11, April 21, 2020 (UTC)
I already noted that they are spoken by the companions at their specific locations. I don't know how to be more specific, especially since the project at this point basically just needs Creation/GECK editors to confirm the findings, and find those last ten or so of the locations. Also I created the page "Fallout Wiki:Fallout 4 companion location comments", so I removed the soon to be dead link. Hope that was alright.--Ant2242 (talk) 00:04, April 22, 2020 (UTC)
Hey Jspoel. Just curious about what specific policy part was violated with the video i uploaded. I did a quick skim over it, and the only thing i saw was a lack of video board approval, but we dont have one of those. Id also even argue that an in-game animation would count as official developer content, but ultimately its up to you. Unless of course there was another violation, but i cant seem to identify it. Thanks, --Dankalor😳 17:45, April 21, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for clarifying--Dankalor😳 17:58, April 21, 2020 (UTC)
I was reading through some of the rules and saw that it said always add an edit summary and had two questions about this
- What happens/are the punishments if I don't add an edit summary
- Do I have to add edit summaries on my sandbox page
Image Files I CreatedEdit
- Will it work if I rename the file then upload it as a new version of a file?
- --CookieGamer733 (Talk) 16:07, April 22, 2020 (UTC)
BoS Rank Junior Paladin Edit
Hey, I've seen on your profile that you're probably the best editor here, so I was wondering if you could help me find out information about the BoS rank Junior Paladin. It would be difficult for me because I only own Fallout 4 and 76, and right now my Xbox isn't working properly, so if you did agree I wouldn't be that much of a help, considering I would only be surfing the wiki for info about the rank. Plus, I just joined today, so I'm not great at editing. But if you do agree, thanks. Thanks for your time. user:Tendragon
Re: Appearance Edit
I didn't change much in the article besides just making additions with refs and character info, I only add subject comments unless I need to specify why something might be incomplete or an otherwise odd edit. I also more often than not forget about them completely because they can get buried anyway. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 16:53, April 25, 2020 (UTC)
It's specified in the lead. The "master" timeline contains every single event mentioned in the games with a definite date, even something as trivial and non-notable as someone finishing a work order or an error log entry; the major events page omits everything, and is limited by design to major events related to companies, factions, and historical events. It's not perfectly trimmed and I asked for feedback as well; it's also meant to motivate changes, rather than get mired in endless debates, discussions, and hair splitting without getting anything done.
Discord ban Edit
Just an fyi, after getting previously kicked for talking to Tagaziel, I've today been banned from discord for saying his name aloud. You were right, these are *very* different people than they were before. --Paladin117
Hey J, just to be clear: The decision was made collectively, despite the above user's attempts to make it appear like a rogue action. Several rights-holders have agreed that he was deliberately flame baiting and provoking a reaction. As a former rights holder himself, he should really know better. Tagaziel (call!) 15:58, April 26, 2020 (UTC)
- Ok, noted. Jspoel 16:01, April 26, 2020 (UTC)
Really? How would I know, I was given no notice or warning. And I'm sorry that saying your name is considered flamebaiting now.
Why are you naming plans that don't exist? I've spent some time making it easy for people to see that the secret service left and right arm plans are seperate. Same goes for the legs. I'm not going to undo what you've done now but not sure why you are causing confusion.
- I figured it was correct on your end. Sorry to bother! -Kate (Kdarrow (talk) 02:00, April 28, 2020 (UTC))
I'm going to be reverting the old logo because it's not used in the advertising of Wastelanders and is not the logo presented on both the steam and bethesda.net stores. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 18:07, April 29, 2020 (UTC)
- I don't prefer how it looks now either, but I guess we need it to be a certain dimension. I'll work on something else, but what we have now will do until I make something that looks better when shrunk. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 18:18, April 29, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Appearances Edit
Uiteraard. Ik ga niet voor volledig automatische edits, alleen semi-automatisch, dus ik moet zelf alle edits handmatig goedkeuren. Ik ga er denk ik vanavond mee beginnen, en dan doe ik eerst even een sample.
- FDekker (talk) 11:23, May 1, 2020 (UTC)
gender mix-up Edit
For now, I almost done with pictures for each power armor in fallout 4 and their paint jobs (including creation club) in same pose. They all have same size and scale, that's why hellfire PA has space over it's head. But if you sure, I can crop them tomorrow. Sorry about size, which size of images is optimal?--SonikSeven (talk) 21:32, May 1, 2020 (UTC)
Michael Tournquist dialogue fileEdit
Hiya! A question in regards to this edit. I'm curious to know why having a small dialogue file disqualifies it from having a standalone dialogue file page?
Based on some of the minor New Vegas dialogue file pages (e.g. VWranglerDealer.txt), having three lines shouldn't disqualify it from having a page if there's unique dialogue which may need to be referenced so I would've thought (lack of) size wasn't an issue. As a disclaimer, I haven't looked at what the lines actually are, so maybe they are generic ones or covered elsewhere on a different page, you'd know better than me. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 02:46, May 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Ohhh right yeah that totally makes sense if it's a duplication. Thanks for the clarification! --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 00:03, May 4, 2020 (UTC)
Horse and X-02 images Edit
pitt quest Edit
Hey so i made quite a lot of changes to the unsafe working conditions page as i felt its writing was outdated. mostly just player - player character stuff though. i'm just letting you know because i don't want to get blasted for changing content that has 'been there a long time'. If there are any issues i am a happy to change them back.--Branebriar1930 (talk) 12:58, May 3, 2020 (UTC)
Referencing guidelines Edit
Hello I was wondering if you could help me with the Referencing guidelines I've been writing up. Specifically the last paragraph on archiving Bethesda pages. I don't understand exactly how to archive them. I've mearly copy-pasted the directions I was told in the discord.--Ant2242 (talk) 19:17, May 3, 2020 (UTC)
batch edits Edit
Re: Appearances (2) Edit
Ik heb het hernoemen even uitgeprobeerd in deze edit. Het veranderen van add-on naar update gebeurt op alle pagina's, maar wat ik me nog afvraag is of we "introduced in" op alle plekken doen waar eerst "in the Fallout 76 add-on Wastelanders" stond. Ook op disambiguationpagina's en in de headlines van pagina's?
- FDekker (talk) 18:48, May 4, 2020 (UTC)
Referencing policy question Edit
The reference towards an archived page is because we need to archive the pages to prevent Link Rot. Several references were lost that way. Only recently was I able to acquire several formerly lost references by chance. Speaking of Link Rot I do have that basically complete page with archived external links to combat it. Was hoping to make it a policy.
It's not that big and doesn't take that long to get the hang of it. As a standardization guideline it's fantastic. It formally describes the how and why we reference.
I don't know what an "N.B. archive" is but on the Tank page the Bible references were recently moved to a subsection in the references. I was going to revert but I figured that I should ask if there is a policy someplace. --Ant2242 (talk) 00:44, May 6, 2020 (UTC)
Did you just enter the discord with a new account?
--Jgrsoto 15:42, May 5, 2020 (UTC)
Hey! Ive noticed that we handle content removed from 76 (Plan: T-60 BOS initiate paint, for example) the same as cut content, and i personally dont think thats the right call. Would it be okay to make a template for removed content? If you dont think thats necessary, its cool, but treating content that never made it into the final build and only exists in the files exactly the same as content that existed and was just removed seems a bit wrong. Also, we already separate cut and unimplemented, so removed seems pretty natural. Ive got a template up and ready to go if you find it necessary, but i thought id just make my issue known and see if you thought it was worth solving. Thanks! --Dankalor😳 15:22, May 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Sounds good. Thanks for the response.--DankalorYT 16:50, May 8, 2020 (UTC)
Ik had een beetje vertraging opgelopen maar hier is een overzicht van wat er gedaan moet worden: (klik). Ik heb het ook doorgestuurd naar de andere staf via Discord.
- FDekker (talk) 11:24, May 8, 2020 (UTC)
- Trouwens, wat betreft die dialoogexports, zou het goed genoeg zijn als ik in het bestand bovenaan elke tabel de IDs zet van alle NPCs die meedoen aan het gesprek? Als ik die IDs dan schrijf als [NPC_:005a350d] dan kan je met een simpele Ctrl + F telkens direct naar de volgende tabel springen. Ik zie zo snel niet een manier om de tabellen te sorteren, dus dit lijkt mij de op één na beste oplossing.
- FDekker (talk) 13:02, May 10, 2020 (UTC)
Patrollers and pollsEdit
- What are the requirements for becoming a patroller?
- Is it wrong to vote on your own poll?
Patroller Requirement QuestionEdit
- You've made at least 500 edits in the article, category, module, or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least one month.
- If you have been previously elected Chat moderator, you have held the position of Chat Moderator for a minimum of two months.
- You have displayed a thorough understanding of and mastery of the basic editing tools.
- This includes the ability to help other users who may have questions in regards to editing.
These are the requirements for becoming a patroller which I wish to become and I had some questions about them.
- What does it mean by continuously active? Does that mean edit daily or be editing constantly throughout the month?
- What is considered "thorough understanding of and mastery of the basic editing tools"?
- "*If you have been previously elected Chat moderator, you have held the position of Chat Moderator for a minimum of two months." Is this reqiured?
AOE on Fallout 76 weaponsEdit
On the Fallout 76 weapons page on the thrown, mines, and traps, there is an AOE effect. I was wondering if I had to place a vote to get rid of that or if i could just ask an admin.
Oops, I'll be tidierEdit
Sorry, I just realised you're fixing a lot of the mess I'm making with the Atomic Shop images. I'll try to be more thorough .____. L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 10:44, May 12, 2020 (UTC)
- :) Yes, I made the foolish decision to look at the Unused Images, so I'm going to try and at least kill some of the duplicates, if not make sure that the images are all going on the pages where they should be. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 16:33, May 12, 2020 (UTC)