| ||This page contains archived information from User talk:Jspoelstra. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
bos 2 power armor Edit
Karel August Jacobs Edit
Terminal article? Edit
Should the "terminal" page be an overview of the various world objects with subsections to Hacking, and the lists of terminal entries per game? I tried to do this on TV but don't want to just jump into another project right now.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:01, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
- I'll work on the images, however the loading screen images from the Vault seem to be clearer. I believe they were uploaded there without whatever filter made them look as if its on a green terminal. I don't want to get rid of those filtered images nor do I want to just replace them. That and I want to get the merge done ASAP, don't know when that wiki will be deleted.
- Yes I am working on the timeline page first and doing the red links. Right now I've uploaded all I managed to do on TV before gamepedia became archived. I will come back to it after work today.
- --Ant2242 (talk) 16:22, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
- On a side note shouldn't the "Great Blackout" article be deleted. It's not a real event, only a part of the "Great War".--Ant2242 (talk) 16:24, November 5, 2019 (UTC)
I've gone through everything again from pre-History until Oct 23, 2077. So far there appears to be only a few needed pages (red links). These are:
- "Freedom Society"
- "Mick Flanagan"
- "ATLAS Program"
- "Weather modification technology"
- "Zack Hayes"
- "Appalachian Assassin"
- "Modern Industrialist"
- "Invaders from Planet Zed!".
Also there are several references that need attention for one reason or another.
- Ref number 207 I need the Robobrian dialogue for Vault 112, its not on the Robobrain (Fallout 3) dialogue file page.
- Reference number 123 is quote "Mentioned in a conversation with ZAX in Fallout". If its mentioned in a conversation then that conversation is the reference, not a sentence mentioning the conversation.
- Reference number 94, the World of Refreshment announcer, there is no source text.
- Reference number 46 is quote "According to pre-War banners hanged around Diamond City." If so then we need images of them. Reference number
- Reference number 34 is a quote of the Philippi Battlefield Cemetery plaque. However I don't know if its a visual asset, or a text box like in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, or it was taken from the real monument and added to the wiki. It either needs a text file or a close up of the image.
- Reference number 32 is quote "Plaque outside the Old Mormon Fort." To the best of my knowledge there isn't a plaque outside of the Old Mormon Fort in game. Please see the above line for my commentary.
- Reference number 28, the Walden Pond announcer needs a source text page.
--Ant2242 (talk) 23:52, November 6, 2019 (UTC) I've finished the merging of the timeline page, there are more references that need attention. A list has been provided below. Also there are a some red-links that I wish to ask about. Should "Mechanist (Automatron)" be moved to "Isabella Cruz"? Should "Mariposa Military Base" be split with its FO2 counterpart "Military base ruins"? There are three more missing pages, also listed below and a few more citation needed tags added to the page.
- "Adam Veen", missing character page.
- "Battle of Huntsville", missing event page.
- "Project Siphon", missing lore/technology page.
- Reference number 252, which previews; "↑ 252.0 252.1 252.2 J.E. Sawyer in Fallout: New Vegas previews"
- Reference number 271 and 152, which page; "Mentioned in the Fallout manual"
- Reference number 616; Marcus what? "Marcus"
- Reference number 586; "Fallout endings"
- Reference number 587; "Fallout endings for the Khans, the Vault Dweller kills Garl Death-Hand and his Khans"
- Reference number 530; "Events of An Ounce of Prevention."
- Reference number 531; "Events of Cold Case."
- Reference number 532; "Effect of fixing the Rockhound in order to turn it into a settlement."
- Reference number 533; "Events of Signal Strength."
- Reference number 534; "Events of Miner Miracles."
- Reference number 535; "Events of The Missing Link, Early Warnings, Reassembly Required, and Coming to Fruition]."
- Reference number 536; "Events of Mayor for a Day."
- Reference number 537; "Events of Officer on Deck."
- Reference number 538; "Events of I Am Become Death."
- Reference number 457; Needs a prompt
- Reference number 370; Needs a prompt
- Reference number 726; This needs elaboration. "Fallout 3 prologue."
- Reference number 731; This also needs elaboration with source text "Estimated date based on the Fallout 3 Official Game Guide. This date is from the Prima Official Game Guide with the assumption that Amata and the Lone Wanderer are of the same age"
- Reference number 738; I need verification of the conversation between Amata and Stanley during the Growing Up quest. I believe I have it all there but cannot verify it.
- Reference number 785; This reference needs the source for the line "Fallout official site confirmed that". Also please review this reference's grammar.
- Reference number 786; This reference needs the source for the entire claim "Fallout official site: "The Vault Dweller's final and most fantastical adventure".
- Reference number 830; We need the prompt
- Reference numbers 441, 442, 444, 445, 446, 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453; I believe that these need to be elaborated on.
Ed Orman/Aisur Edit
I can't find evidence of this. What Aisur refers to does not fit. Is it due to a change in the text on the site? If this is the speculation of Aisur, then the Valt Boy would have to be done by the artist. Gareth Davies, Michael Hood, David Lewin...--ExplorerSmaily (talk) 11:17, November 7, 2019 (UTC)
- Don't help me. I re-re-read and just what I noticed "Pip Boy caricatures". I'm I understood)--ExplorerSmaily (talk) 11:23, November 7, 2019 (UTC)
Sam Blackwell Edit
For the "security door error", I assumed that we would be merging the security door page unto a single page for the merge. We did so on gamepedia, for some reason. For the "pagename nd" template, what exactly is its purpose? I assumed that leaving it there was fine. "Name parameters", "sex" and "categories", working on it. As for "image names", I'm not going to rename them. I don't know off hand how many pages some of them link to or use as reference. I believe that it would be more efficient to first merge then streamline. Such as removing redirects, and adding proper formatting. Funny enough I went through a lot of those on gamepedia by hand. --Ant2242 (talk) 16:20, November 7, 2019 (UTC) Okay then, going forward I will replace "pagename nd" with text. Believe me I know the feeling of meticulously poring over articles.
That's fixing Bethesda's grammar. If they name a terminal "TeerrMinal" then we have to name it so. Particularly since we use the names of terminals as a reference.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:45, November 7, 2019 (UTC)
Mysterious Stranger Edit
Hi, just wanted to know why my edit of the Mysterious Stranger page was reversed? In Fallout 4, if you spawn him with the console, the man's clearly caucasian, why was my edit reflecting this fact removed? J.A.Bristol (talk) 18:17, November 8, 2019 (UTC)J.A.Bristol
Cryolator Updates Edit
Why did you remove my edits to the Cryolator location? I was attempting to help other players with the information.
Link rot policy Edit
I would love your opinion on the subject. Mine is here (Forum:New Policy: Guarding against Link Rot) along with a - for the best of my knowledge - complete list of external links to be watched over.--Ant2242 (talk) 17:54, November 10, 2019 (UTC)
Appreciation is in order Edit
Thank you so very much for your encouragement and kind words. I research the real world locations exhaustively and I am excited to be such a resource and to provide meaningful contributions here. Kdarrow (talk) 22:25, November 12, 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing the problem on the template. I refrained from editing it myself due to thinking there would be dozens of pages using the template already and if I edited the code, it would ruin the infoboxes already being used, and as such, worded how it was the same way in the code to get it to work on the page. "We're werewolves, not swearwolves." 00:17, November 13, 2019 (UTC)
Character dialogue page Edit
R.E. Armor ImagesEdit
Ill reupload with more space, should also bump the quality slightly. sadly this is the best quality i can get it as, as im taking them as xbox screenshots and transferring them to my computer through the app. I understand the higher quality priority, but i think the ones are good enough, and since most people wont see fit to zoom in, still highlights the armor well.--Dankalor😳 23:38, November 17, 2019 (UTC)
- image is reuploaded, and in my humble opinion its quality is comparable to the existing pose image, especially obvious when zoomed in, so i still believe this is a better image overall, despite its flaws. Besides, at least it wasnt taken on my phone😖--Dankalor😳 23:38, November 17, 2019 (UTC)
- For every image? Sure. Ill reupload the vault 94 and ranger ones now.--Dankalor😳 19:02, November 19, 2019 (UTC)
- I'm away from my computer atm, so uploading them in the closest guaranteed quality, 3:4. 5:7 is just guessing for me, and 3:4 seems ok. Hopefully thats OK to you too.
- For every image? Sure. Ill reupload the vault 94 and ranger ones now.--Dankalor😳 19:02, November 19, 2019 (UTC)
All but the location and context specific dialogue lines have been added. Speaking of we need those confirmed for the section and possible references. Also do you know of where it states that she traveled with Tabitha to Black Mountain before leaving for Jacobstown? I cannot find it.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:37, November 21, 2019 (UTC)
Sierra Madre Casino & Hotel Edit
Should we rename the page to its full name? There is a specific section that is called "Sierra Madre casino". Nothing was removed from the infobox, if you are referring to the "type" section it shouldn't be there. As not all games use the same location icons I changed it to "icon" and put the correct icon there. Also those references are for how the building functions, they just need to be written into the page.
Also should "Villa Clinic" be moved to "Villa clinic"? As far as I'm aware it isn't a proper noun.
1) Why do we add icons that don't exist in game to their supposed locations articles then? Shouldn't it be icon by game?
2) Not like I haven't been doing so. Is there any way you can shed light on the character locations comments. I only added the locations that I could confirm at the time and can no longer do so.
3) Working on those Officially Sanctioned redirect cleanup now.
4) I'm going to have to leave the citation needed template there. Also is there a reference for her grandchildren's last names, or did the wiki add them?
3) In the Discord it was brought to my attention that the reference to the full title refers to the building as "Casino & Resort" not "Resort & Casino". Since this is the correct word order, do I have an Official Sanction to cleanup the redirects again?
3.a) Also May I also get an Official Sanction to move the terminal entries page?
3.b) Also May I decapitalize the casino interior section name? Right now it is "Sierra Madre Casino". --Ant2242 (talk) 13:33, November 23, 2019 (UTC)
removing an npc's headwear Edit
id like to get a picture of the murderer without his mask but i cant figure out how to remove it (note the mask and the costume are a single outfit) it would be great if you could explain how Springtrap1128 (talk) 04:22, November 22, 2019 (UTC)
Hope you're doing well, J. I thought I'd ask about sort of a unique situation with the new Creation Club content. Appalachia is mentioned in a super mutant's log, which should probably be recorded on the page somewhere. My question is where the FO4CC tag would go for the Games template and infobox. It just seems weird to put Creation Club before Fallout 76 in that case. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 21:38, November 22, 2019 (UTC)
- Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure. Do you also think the GNR building plaza page should be split? The Fallout 3 and Creation Club versions have some notable differences, one page might be a bit cluttered. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 22:06, November 22, 2019 (UTC)
Fallout 4 developersEdit
I am, don't worry. Finishing developer and QA pages has been a project of mine for a bit. I recently finished 76 and I'm taking care of what's left for 4. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 20:25, November 23, 2019 (UTC)
Unit#462 Fixt patch/modEdit
I've seen a number of edits to this wiki for the original Fallout game that mistakenly use the Fixt patch/mod as their source without realizing their mistake. Instead of having a confusing mishmash of differing and incorrect sources from random people editing a page, it would be significantly more useful to give them a subsection or stub of some sort to allow them to edit with the ==correct== information for that particular instance. This will also clue these random people in to their mistake without having to do constant monitoring of the vast wiki for bad edits that seem correct to the lamen playing with an unofficial patch.
I would like to come up with a compromise that works for this wiki if possible, instead of arguing over semantics like official/unofficial patch etc, please join me in this conversation :) Quantumapp (talk) 22:54, November 23, 2019 (UTC)
German wiki/User rightsEdit
with the exception of you, there are currently no active bureaucrat in the German wiki. I ask you to give me bureaucrat-rights there. Since November 22, 2016, I have been an administrator in the German wiki for three years (November 22, 2016) and there is currently no active community there, so no election or discussion.
Ant has been told several times now that we use proper grammar in reference citations and is now actively trying to edit war in the face of our editing policies. And I am not going to keep playing this game with them, please address our capitalization policy with them. 03:09, November 26, 2019 (UTC)
Just as a quick FYI I was updating the icons documentation code over at TOW and Divinity to generate the table that shows all the icons over at the table. As the module here is the the original for that module in those places, I brought the update over. You can see the it in work on Template:Icon/doc. Any new icons you add to the module will now load in automatically.
From a visual standpoint, the only difference between the old table and the new is that it is no longer 3 tables side by side (could do it if it means a lot to you guys, would require some work though!) and I've set the table to full to make the content visible.
Hello, I was wondering if you could please give me your opinion on these questions. They are regarding pages names and links on this page. For example, one which I believe should be split is "Wright child" as there are "Wright child" and "Wright teenager" characters in game. Talk:Fallout_2_cultural_references#Many_many_merge_questions
updated image for candy Edit
springtrap1128 can't get to his computer right now so he asked me to ask you if you could get an image of candy in the vault bedroom not holding her gun since you always seem to be able to pull stuff like this off but if not its fine 184.108.40.206 19:26, December 3, 2019 (UTC)
also if possible higher quality images for other stuff in the creation club contents you have like an updated picture for s.n.o.w/yuki 220.127.116.11 19:45, December 3, 2019 (UTC)
FO1 quests Edit
Whether or not they were created like that ten years ago is beside the point of, Should they or Should they Not have a full stop as they are in-game. At the very least shouldn't they have a redirect and be corrected in their articles?
Why should "Hub Downtown" remain capitalized? This naming convention thing still confuses me.
Apologies for changing the categorization of the pages on Vaults a while back; I misunderstood the categorization scheme and was copying over an instance of the wrong scheme I saw thinking it was the proper one. I have a question in order to not make that mistake again: with faction categories as one case, should further categorization be applied to the page for the faction or to that faction's category? For example, Crimson Caravan doesn't have any categorization by game, but Category:Crimson Caravan does with categories such as Fallout faction, FNV faction, etc. Alternatively, New California Republic has all of its game categories placed on its page and only a few put on Category:New California Republic. Am I correct in assuming that any page that has a directly equivalent category should only have further categories applied to the category for it, rather than the content page? And that categorizing the page itself should be reserved for less significant factions that do not have their own category? Brantmeierz (talk) 18:17, December 4, 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry, I knew that was a bit wordy. A smaller case I just came across was the Triggermen page.
- The page itself has Category:Fallout 4 factions and Category:Triggermen.
- Category:Triggermen also has Category:Fallout 4 factions.
- Should Category:Fallout 4 factions be removed from Triggermen and placed only on Category:Triggermen?
- Other pages have examples with many more categories, but this is a more simple example of the same concept. Brantmeierz (talk) 18:55, December 4, 2019 (UTC)
R.E. Presidential Gauss RifleEdit
The good people on the 76 dataming discord obtained on my request. While the weapon itself isnt obtainable legitimately yet, the nifskope is😉 --Dankalor😳 14:03, December 6, 2019 (UTC)
- I myself have no clue, im on Xbox. I did put out a request on the server, and will get back to you if/when i get a taker!--Dankalor😳 14:17, December 6, 2019 (UTC)
- https://github.com/jonwd7/nifskope/releases/tag/v2.0.dev8 . --Steel Nomad (talk) 14:19, December 6, 2019 (UTC)
- try messaging gilpo#7156 on discord, he knows a lot and can get you all set up!--Dankalor😳 14:20, December 6, 2019 (UTC)
- https://github.com/jonwd7/nifskope/releases/tag/v2.0.dev8 . --Steel Nomad (talk) 14:19, December 6, 2019 (UTC)
- I'll check more diligently, I forgot that W: doesn't work for wikipedia links here. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 21:56, December 8, 2019 (UTC)
Damn, sorry. Im receiving these images from the dataminers and have just been uploading it straight as is. Ill keep cropping in mind with future images. Thanks for letting me know!--Dankalor😳 02:31, December 7, 2019 (UTC)
Yeah, I made the mistake of using the Fallout 76 characters category as source for the AWB, rather than WhatLinksHere. Fixing it ATM. Never edit when you're sick! Tagaziel (call!) 11:41, December 12, 2019 (UTC)
Unfortunately I only got that info from YouTube videos, I don't have the game installed at the moment. I probably have enough space for it though. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 16:19, December 12, 2019 (UTC)
Re: Cell Names/Red LinksEdit
Sorry about that, I figured since they functioned as editor id's they would be formatted the same. I'll leave others how they are. And as for the red links, it's been on my backburner for a while but I'll get on it and hopefully have them all made by the end of the week. Brantmeierz (talk) 00:02, December 13, 2019 (UTC)
Stephen Bokkes Edit
R.E. div errorsEdit
Yep, figured that out the hard way. Im new to the nesting stuff, but i think ive got the hang of it so far, so thanks! Ill make sure theres no more issues going forward!--Dankalor😳 14:58, December 13, 2019 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you, but you put Holiday Scorched as the quest in the gift wrap infobox. Would Holiday Scorched be considered a quest? Just curious, as i left the quest tab blank because i wasnt sure. Thanks!--Dankalor😳 21:53, December 13, 2019 (UTC)
- Cool! Shame it isnt a true quest😭--Dankalor😳 22:13, December 13, 2019 (UTC)
English for me!--Dankalor😳 22:39, December 13, 2019 (UTC)
Georgian wiki Edit
Oof, sorry man. For future reference, what level of cropping would you like? I dont want to keep screwing the cropping up.--Dankalor😳 18:17, December 14, 2019 (UTC)
Hi there, I'm pretty confused about a picture I tried to removed twice now. The pale edited Mr. House one. His computer screen is green and I am pretty confident it never changes. --Dancekumquat (talk) 21:34, December 14, 2019 (UTC)
Hey Jspoel, quick question. I stumbled across the power armor paint schemes category and am curious as to how to handle it. I sent out the question to the discord and no luck. Do i attempt to merge the content in that category into the one overarching category? Do i leave them as two seperate categories? Do i put the power armor category inside of the overarching category? Im just confused in how to handle it, thank you!--Dankalor😳 15:56, December 15, 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you. I wasnt sure exactly how to do it, and this way does make the most sense. Thanks for the help!--Dankalor😳 17:13, December 15, 2019 (UTC)
Toy Truck (Fallout 76)Edit
About the Toy Truck page in Fallout 76, it is a confirmed fact that the New Toy Truck can be found in the Point Pleasant Toy Store, as two other players have recorded that information.
See this forum topic for screenshot evidence:
New Toy Truck topic on Bethesda forums
I couldn't find it there, because it may have been looted by other players, hence why I stated "unknown reasons" as to it's absence.
REPORT: Nonsense page creation detected Edit
ALL HAIL THE TOTMG -TOTMGsRock 08:46, December 26, 2019 (UTC)
- I should've killed all the offending pages but someone definitely needs to go to the time out corner. L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 09:15, December 26, 2019 (UTC)
Astounding Issue Numbers Edit
"also good as is i think" is an opinion you're certainly entitled to, but it isn't one I can agree with. The point of the page is to help players find the magazines they're missing. Hiding the information about which magazine is which makes that impossible for them.
You're much more familiar with the wiki than I am, so if that's the policy here I'm not going to start a pointless fight about it, but the game makes it very clear that those are the issue numbers, whether you can read them off the covers or not.
IDK which page you're referring to as missing that information, and I agree it would be best for them to match. But making them match by removing the information from the correct one rather than adding it to the one that's missing it seems like the better option to me. More work than just undoing it, sure :P, but better.
Still, your call: like I say, not worth fighting over. It does make the listing completely useless for players checking it at the end of a game, but it's still handy if they want to use it to get them all in a row early on, and that's something. :)
18.104.22.168 15:38, January 2, 2020 (UTC)
New year, new attitude Edit
A) Am still on the page going through each link, trying to merge where there is a page that needs it. Am I wrong in trying to add an overview page for all known species of plants? Does the article have to be perfectly finished when first uploaded?
A.1) Please see beach dogwood. Also I haven't been able to put much time into F76 so don't count on me for those pages.
B) I still don't understand where I'm going wrong with the images. I've never been good with computers, just could never grasp the technical aspects. --Ant2242 (talk) 15:43, January 3, 2020 (UTC)
Fallout 4 Survival Mode Edit
Hi there. I just wanted to say thank you for your edits on this page. I realise some of my added content was a bit rough. I really appreciate you tidying it up. Spikezarkspike (talk) 18:37, January 6, 2020 (UTC)
Character page names Edit
I have a few questions about some character, and other page naming conventions. I could never quite grasp the policy.
1) "Mass Pike Tunnel East" or "Mass Pike tunnel east"
2) Shouldn't "Walter (Fallout 4)" should be redirected to a disambiguation page as there are three "Walter"s in Fallout 4. ie "Walter (Walden Pond)", "Walter Scott", and "Walter (The Institute)".
3) Shouldn't the faction "The Forged" be named "The Forged" as there is a generic raider named "Forged"?
4) Since "The Silver Shroud" is both the name of a media franchise and the name of the quest in Fallout 4 shouldn't they be split with the page names "The Silver Shroud (quest)", "The Silver Shroud" for the franchise, and "Silver Shroud" for the fictional character?
5) "Slocum's Joe Corporate HQ" or "Slocum's Joe corporate HQ"
6) There are two difference "Bodyguard"s in Fallout 4, shouldn't they be split between "Bodyguard (AJ)" and "Bodyguard (Northy)"?
7) Isn't there a generic character in Fallout 4 named "Sinjin's Gang"?
Also can I clean up the disambiguation page for "Bodyguard"? There are many many pages on there that don't have "Bodyguard" in the title.
1) I've redirected the pages and changed the names in the navboxes.
2) I disagree, there are three "Walter"s in Fallout 4, just naming one "(Fallout 4)" doesn't clearly separate the characters.
3) I don't understand the policy, one is the faction and the other is the generic character of the faction. Wouldn't a clear separation of pages be better?
4) The entire history of the franchise, radio, TV, comics, et cetera. If the quest is "The Silver Shroud" why can't the franchise also have "The" in the title? Also should there be a disambiguation page for "Silver Shroud"?
5) Okay 6) Okay.... I thought that they were both unique generics ..."Unique Generic" a character that appears once and is uniform in appearance and can share title/name with other characters. ie the literally two distinctly different characters named "corpse" in the Puesta del Sol switching station, and one in the Villa clinic.
7) I straight up lack the ability to do anything of the sort. Please make the appropriate changes to the navboxes and faction page.
8) In regards to the "Bodyguard" disambiguation page, no. I reorganized the page slightly and left the named bodyguards there, however I think that leaving them there defeats the purpose of having categories and disambiguation pages. Otherwise what is the purpose of both disambiguation pages and categories?
2) Good luck changing it then, I was going to do it but I know it's just going to be reverted again for some reason.
3) Then what's the point of having separate faction and character pages to begin with?
4) I've merged the Silver Shroud page already... I await the revert.
EDIT: Looks like you already reverted it... perhaps to intellectually challenging for a teenager to read or something....
Districts vs Neighborhoods:
9) Yes I rewrote the entire Boston page a while back to be the main page for the City of Boston. I used Wikipedia as a source to flesh out the page to emphasize the changes introduced into the lore. Nothing is wrong there as I didn't copy past the entirety of Wikipedia. The page is modeled after the Washington, D.C. page, only with neighborhoods instead of monuments.
9.a) Are you seriously concerned that the common teenager can't be bothered to read? Are you implying that all the references that were included are too much to handle for the readers or just that there are not enough of them on the page?
9.b) I've been asking questions on the discord regarding them, such as ""Hester's Consumer Robotics" or "Hesters Consumer Robotics"? and "Paul Revere's House" or "Paul Revere's house"?" I am neither rushing nor ignoring the page, as for your claim of not merging the page this simply isn't true.
9.c) Neighborhood vs District, All neighborhoods are districts however not all districts are neighborhoods, such as financial and administration zones.
3) That doesn't make sense but whatever.
4) I don't understand, the Silver Shroud page did have sections for its content. I'm still not grasping the context of "easier to read style" so... Should I try to create sub-personal pages (that would be "User:Ant2242/The Silver Shroud", "User:Ant2242/Boston" or whatever) devoted to it and have you tell me where I'm going wrong? I'm not too convinced that doing so would help.
9) I only included what I thought that I needed for the difference since divergence to be in context. I didn't add all of Wikipedia to the page. As for the difference with the Washington DC article there is significantly less Wikipedia linking as specific referencing, however there is just as much information in the "History" section for both. For the specific neighborhoods/districts of DC there isn't as much information available via in game scenery. With the Boston neighborhoods/districts I've tried to include the history of the locations within them as best I could. To weave their stories together efficiently.
9.d) The "broken links" there are many, lets go over them individually:
- One was the "Boston streets" page, missing sure, but not a junk page.
- Two, "Boston Neighborhoods Map" template, no idea if this would have been or should be merged into the wiki. Don't know why it wouldn't be but I know I'm not the one to determine this, nor implement it.
- Three, "Mystic River", "Fort Point Channel" and abutting "Dorchester Bay" are landmarks in the Commonwealth, maybe not as much as the "Potomac River" is to the Capital Wasteland, but they are a landmarks nonetheless.
- Four, "Paul Revere's House" or "Paul Revere's house"? "Hester's Consumer Robotics" or "Hesters Consumer Robotics"? "Financial District" or "Financial district"?
- Five, "State House" should've been corrected to "Massachusetts State House|State House". "Cholera" should at least be redirected to a universal overview page for diseases.
- Six, "London" could've been a Wikipedia link. So could "Edgar Allan Poe" and his "The Cask of Amontillado" I suppose... Then again so could "Thomas Jefferson" and he has his own page.
- Seven, "Swanboat" is a world object, not sure how that is supposed to be implemented here, its own page or a redirect to an overview page.
- Eight "Roxbury", I'm assuming that the "Roxbury Food Riot" was in the neighborhood of Roxbury and not West Roxbury.
- Nine, "Boston Port Authority" a distinct pre-War faction that was at odds with the environmentalists, a clearly missing page.
- Ten, "media" I'm not sure how to proceed with this. At this point there is clearly enough to make an overview of all in-game media types and their manipulation via propaganda programs. (ie Holotapes, Motion pictures, comic books, novels, magazines, newspapers, music, et cetera). Let alone post war media.
- Eleven, "Fallon's Department Store (West Roxbury township)" there are two "Fallon's Department Store"s in game, plus the company. So wouldn't the pages be "Fallon's Department Store" for the company, followed by "Fallon's Department Store (West Roxbury township)" - If memory serves that's the township mentioned in the guide -, and "Fallon's Department Store (General Atomics Galleria)"?
- Twelve, "South End" and "South Boston" apparently aren't the same neighborhood.
10) I added the unmarked locations the guide spoke of. I couldn't find their equivalents here. Perhaps I missed them? If so sorry.
11) What is the purpose of a disambig page? I assumed it was a collection of pages with similar names. "George Smith" "Robert Smith" et cetera. What went wrong with "Dalton" is apparently we are adding last names to the Dalton family. If I remember correctly "George", "Petey" are only refereed to as "Grandpa George" and "Petey", while "Daniel" is both refereed to as "Daniel" and "Danny". I didn't want a recreation of the "Agatha Egglebridget" confusion and asked in Discord. As usual it wasn't very helpful. With "Bodyguard" again, shouldn't there be a category or something for the named characters? As for "Corpse" there are If memory serves at least two distinct generic characters in the Puesta del Sol switching station and one in the Villa clinic. Also why is the "H&H Tool company" page named so? Shouldn't it be "H&H Tools Inc." or "House & House Tools Incorporated" or something?
4) Can I move the "The Silver Shroud" quest page to "The Silver Shroud (quest)" and move the franchise stuff to the former quest page? Or does the quest page take priority? --Ant2242 (talk) 03:19, January 18, 2020 (UTC)
Regarding recent FOWW edits Edit
Hey, I was planning on making pages for the seperate scenarios. My intent behind this is sonot only can we have an archive should the PDFs be deleted, but also so that we can link together some of the locations, characters and factions mentioned in some of the scenarios. I was planning on working on a template today. Would it be OK if i undid some of your edits? Zealous Champion (talk) 20:56, January 11, 2020 (UTC)
Noted. I haven't changed the NP Discord link in a while so I wasn't sure if it still worked. As for the Divinity link, it was intended to be the (most recent) functioning link to a Project Exodus site, but such does not seem to operate now; I'll find a different site to put there. Probably something else related to the works of Saka; I'll likely switch it to the TOW wiki.
I forgot. I changed it because it isnt unique, and probably shouldnt be categorized as such.--Dankalor😳 17:46, January 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Only meat week. But it can be obtained many times per person, so also not unique. I think i have had 6 drop through just playing the event.--Dankalor😳 19:32, January 15, 2020 (UTC)
Thank you so much for fixing my edit, I didn't know how to make it like that so I had just put it in the description. Thanks again, if you could tell me how to do that in the future that would be great!!! (: XxSoggyNurgetxX (talk) 18:48, January 15, 2020 (UTC)XxSoggyNurgetxX
Help me please
Thanks, I'm so sorry I feel really stupid, I'm still not the best at editing... can you explain to me how to put the image in there so I can put in a different one I didn't mean to choose that one
Thank you so much Jpoelstra... I apologize for my ignorance. I feel horrible being around all of these great editors and I have to have you and DankalorYt do everything for me because I can't do it... sorry. I just hope I get better so its not as embarrassing.~.~
Question for you Edit
More questions Edit
1) Is there something wrong with the linkable template? "Glossary of common wasteland terms#Synth" should go directly to "synth"
2) Should "Maize" have its own overview like "Muitfruit" does? If so should "Maize" be moved to "Maize (Fallout: New Vegas)"?
3) Why is the faction page "Point Lookout tribals (faction)" and the character page is named "Point Lookout tribal"? Shouldn't we remove the "(faction)" or add an "s (character)" to the character page?
4) "Suffolk County charter school" or "Suffolk County Charter School"?
5) "Ark & Dove resting grounds" or "Ark & Dove Resting Grounds"?
--Ant2242 (talk) 20:40, January 18, 2020 (UTC)
0) Silver Shroud: Okay.
1) Who should we bring this to the attention to so they can tell if its working or not?
2) Thank you.
3) The latter does not redirect to the first, they are separated pages with a For template at the top.
4 & 5) I'll leave them be then...
6) Should "Radscorpion egg omelette" be a disambiguation? There are four pages with that title "Radscorpion egg omelette (Fallout 76)", "Radscorpion egg omelette (Fallout 4)", "Tasty radscorpion egg omelette", "Recipe: Tasty radscorpion egg omelette"
6.a) "Deathclaw egg omelette" as well?
7) Believe it or not I was only trying to do one page before but it quickly spiraled into a huge amount again. For example, if I were to add the "Prime choice select" page that would require an update to at least the "Iquana-on-a-stick" overview page and those directly linked to it. Speaking of....
8) I'm going through the Food page now, "Prime choice select" is not "Iguana-on-a-stick" and should be separated.
9) Can I also add "Marsala wine" to the Alcohol page? It is mentioned.
10) Is "Battle Brew" a brand name? If so shouldn't it be capitalized?
1) I'm not buying that but whatever... I am completely incapable of dealing with it either way
2) I've updated the page(s), I won't move it but I don't see the reason of the "(faction)" to the name. Not going to pretent to understand the naming conventions either so whatever.
7) My bad, its "Prime select choice" in "BITSBOB.MSG" and "BOB.MSG".
Brahmin milk: Since "Brahmin milk" only appears in Wild Appalachia should we just move it from "Brahmin milk (Wild Appalachia)" to "Brahmin milk"? I don't think that there is a need for an overview if it appears only once. If so then we can merge the two separate pages together.--Ant2242 (talk) 20:28, January 21, 2020 (UTC)
Point Lookout Tribals Edit
Couldn't help but notice the short discussion you and Ant had. I feel like Point Lookout tribal should have a (Character) suffix to go along with it's counterpart page's (Faction) suffix, Point Lookout tribals (faction). If we look at similar instances, we have Pitt raiders (faction) and Pitt raider (character) labelled that way. Ditto with Pitt slaves (faction) and Pitt slave (character). However we're also missing both solutions to that problem in the instance of Brotherhood outcast and Brotherhood Outcasts. Which one should be made the standard? I believe consistency is quite important. LovinglyGaslight (talk) 22:56, January 18, 2020 (UTC)
It's already broken look where lancer knight is and nobody has fixed it in weeks. i only messed it up to try and draw attention to it.
why did you completely remove lancer knight now? it belongs between lancer and lancer-sergeant. im sure you can put it in the proper plance.--
Its in the wrong branch
Thanks for this its been bothering me for a while but im not savvy enough to do it myself.
need help with dispute Edit
hey i was wondering if you could look at some of JCB2077,s edits? him and i have been arguing because i thing some of his edits are overly ambiguous, unnecessary and even subjective. He claims that its fine to use in-game measurements for lore based arguments please check on him? if i'm wrong ill leave his edits alone.Branebriar1930 (talk) 01:44, January 21, 2020 (UTC)
Hey J. Wastelanders is having a private test server for some invitees, and it's under an NDA that the testers signed. However, there's already been quite a few leaks spread around the Internet, mostly through 4chan and Discord. While I would usually take this with a grain of salt, considering one of them has already been proven as fake, there were some verifiable screenshots that were shared and contained new content. What would be your stance on pages that were made from these leaks? Assuming that it is a secondary source, and the tester themself isn't posting it, no NDA would have been signed in that situation. But considering the secrecy Bethesda has around this add-on, I was pretty cautious even when it came to conversations in the wiki Discord server. Would like to hear your thoughts. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 01:09, January 22, 2020 (UTC)
- Sounds good, I was nervous about that sort of thing once I knew some of the leaks were real. Thanks. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 16:40, January 22, 2020 (UTC)
Does it really matter that much? Branebriar.
- Yes. It's annoying for the recipient. Jspoel 18:18, January 22, 2020 (UTC)
Westside backround too longEdit
Might just be me but i think that the background section could really use summarizing seems to cover the entire white wash quest. just a thought.
- ok did a bit of trimming, probably best you or another admin looks over it though.
I am merging, though. I take time looking over each section and if the article is too large to do it one go I do it in chunks. More often than not, the section with more refs gets to be the new one, but I don't throw out the old section entirely. After looking over each section for details the other doesn't, i then combine each one with all the unique details and lines into one paragraph. And I personally like RT more because it's easier to add and a bit harder for someone to add something below references without it being noticed in recent changes. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 22:36, January 23, 2020 (UTC)
Favor to ask Edit
I do not often visit the 94th, and have not seen such ghouls. If I see such then I’ll definitely take a picture. Images, screenshots of all the Fallout 76 holodisks and notes, it is necessary.One.pretorius (talk) 16:55, January 24, 2020 (UTC)
Thats the plan, stan! Just running a set of raids atm, taking screenshots whenever possible. All 4 ghouls will have pics by the end of the day--Dankalor😳 22:33, January 24, 2020 (UTC)
- Any in particular? Most are gonna be impossible to obtain pics for because its meltdown week, but ill try. Just name em and ill see what i can do.--Dankalor😳 22:36, January 24, 2020 (UTC)
- Bad news. Most of those are either A) not a part of this weeks raid, B) dont have a set location, or C) i dont know where they are. There are 2 i can viably take images for, but im done with raids for a few hours, and ill take those and the rest of the ghoul images then.--Dankalor😳 23:11, January 24, 2020 (UTC)
- Cant. Meltdown is over. I farmed it as much as possible on the last night but couldnt get Cole to show up. Ill takr the pic in a week and a half, when meltdown comes back.--Dankalor😳 15:57, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Bad news. Most of those are either A) not a part of this weeks raid, B) dont have a set location, or C) i dont know where they are. There are 2 i can viably take images for, but im done with raids for a few hours, and ill take those and the rest of the ghoul images then.--Dankalor😳 23:11, January 24, 2020 (UTC)
Jamaica Plain Edit
1) Trimming the article: No. It's fine the way it is. Everything is referenced completely.
2) The three redlinks are "Roxbury", "Type-V Laser Defense Grid", and "chain" where should those link to? Repulsion device and/or world object?
3) Is there some way to merge the layout sections?
4) Can I add a "Image needed" tag for all the skeleton scenes of the location? They are notable set dressings.
--Ant2242 (talk) 14:11, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
1) I politely disagree on the length being a problem.
2) But Where should they redirect? More than happy to create the redirects for the lore and/or world object!
2.a) Also "Roxbury" and "West Roxbury" are different locations.
3) So there is nothing from the Gamepedia page "Layout" section that could be merged? Okay then. That's why I asked.
4) I think that all the skeleton scenes were placed at their respective locations to enhance their stories. I also completely lack the ability to gather these images, so I don't just want to spam the "Image needed" tag. Do I have permission to add it to this page with the tag "Images of all skeleton scenes please" in the box?
--Ant2242 (talk) 14:30, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
"Skeleton scenes" the skeletons of a location that we can ascertain specific information about. Such as the mobs of skeletons trying to get into the Boston mayoral shelter. Or that one Valenti_Station where they were gambling and drinking while another skeleton was in a cage or something....--Ant2242 (talk) 20:03, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
It has been a while since I have both played or even had access to the game, so the best I could do is "Please add the various skeleton scenes to help the wiki keep the set dressing story straight." to the "Image needed" tag.--Ant2242 (talk) 21:14, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
Fallout 4 locations organization Edit
A while back I categorized the FO4 base game locations as the guide stated them. I described the zones biased on the guide's sub region titles also. This can be seen here "Fallout 4 map". However I am not sure how to properly categorize these as both part of whatever the appropriate overview page is, ie "map or locations" nor do I want to just add stub pages just because the guide said the location is there. Should one or two be missing.--Ant2242 (talk) 20:11, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
When I added the titles for marked and unmarked locations from the guide the Base FO4 game I organized them by guide named regions (see User:Ant2242/Commonwealth). However I don't know if they are all here or even if Fandom uses the guide as a basis for their naming criteria. I believe some unmarked locations have been merged with marked locations. I don't have examples off hand however. Nor do I want to just start adding stub pages to the wiki until they are found and redirected. If that is the appropriate action to take.
1) Is it better to use the guide for naming such pages?
2) Should whatever the appropriate overview page for FO4 locations be split by said named guide regions?
--Ant2242 (talk) 21:13, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
In-universe publications Edit
Is there a category here for "in-universe publications"? There is one on gamepedia with three sub categories, "books", "mentioned-only publications", and "periodicals". If there is would the main overview the main "in-universe publications" category link to be "Media"?--Ant2242 (talk) 22:22, January 26, 2020 (UTC)
Unprotect me? Edit
Would you unprotect my user page, since I'm no longer an elevated user and can't edit it while protected anymore, and can't unprotect it myself? There's things I need to edit. Thanks! --Kristy 16:48, January 28, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks, I noticed it was done right away, but I still can't edit the profile section. I hit "edit" on that section, alter the text in the fields, hit "save" and it closes but the changes don't get saved. If it's not clear, I'm talking about the section above the tabs, not the User Page itself, and I thought it was not saving because the user page is locked, but I can edit the user page and it's still not saving changes. --Kristy 16:57, January 28, 2020 (UTC)
- That's the odd thing, I'm not getting any error. It just closes, in the manner one would expect it to do when you hit save, but the data isn't saved. I'm going to try with my tablet, just to see if it's an issue with my browser. --Kristy 17:07, January 28, 2020 (UTC)
- It's gotten even more weird. I click the "[EDIT BIO]" link, and I can edit it, but when I hit save, it doesn't disappear and doesn't change when I refresh the page, but then if I try to edit the fields above the bio, they still won't change but when I save those changes, the edits to the bio show up. ??? --Kristy 17:14, January 28, 2020 (UTC)
- Ok It's clear to me that this is an issue at the Fandom level, not the level of an individual wiki. I found myself on community.fandom.com and tried to edit the info there, and I got an unhelpful generic error message, but at least it's more than before. I'll have to contact them for help. Thanks! --Kristy 17:23, January 28, 2020 (UTC)
Howdy Hey Edit
- Great times :) Yeah I am happy to see the merge. Lol, sounds like the good old grapevine is pretty reliable! It's going well, I'm working for a really great startup that you may have (at least I hope lol) heard of. I'll pop in to Discord sometime soon and tell you all about it. Also yeah totally keep me in mind for any scripting work. -- 22:23, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Joyce WestEdit
Hi Js, saw your message on Tag's talkpage - JCB cleared it up for me on Discord. Apparently it's an actor(?) name in the files (accessed through xTranslator). I'll update the page(s) accordingly with the reference. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 22:19, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Board MemberEdit
NTV was basically the new version of Nukapedian of the Year for 2019, the name was just changed because of the merge. DankalorYT won it and we had a "board" for making sure things went smoothly during voting, etc. I voluntereed to be on it. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 23:38, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
Charleston Capitol CourthouseEdit
FO4 guide named locations Edit
A while ago I added the entire list of named locations from the FO4 guide to a list on the Gamepedia FO4 map article. I was wondering how and/or where this information could go?--Ant2242 (talk) 00:15, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
Hit the "read more" button, it will expand the "Locations" section. https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Fallout_4_map#Locations Why I ask is because I don't want to just add redlinks... nor do I want to just add a unused list of locations.--Ant2242 (talk) 00:29, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
Game specific IconsEdit
I cannot find a policy on the icons for the locations in each game. Is there a specific reason for the automatic "type" parameter to be used? Do we even have a policy? We could just as easily use game specific icons. Doing so would make it less likely that people would add their own icon to where there isn't one or a different one.--Ant2242 (talk) 00:29, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
Variant page splittingEdit
Hey Jspoel. I know this question was probably already asked before, but do we have to cumulate the giant variants with the normal variants on the creature pages?
Enemies like behemoths, mirelurk queens, scorchbeast queens, wendigo colossi are all very unique, and could easily fill their own page, plus it would declutter the main page.
The way its handled now, with every pertinent piece of information jammed under its variant subtab is just super messy. Besides, its not like separating super mutant brute and super mutant overlord, these are totally different creatures.
Also, can the mirelurk page be split? There are 38 (!) variants all jammed onto a single page, and since the game itself even specifies that they are entirely different species, is there any way they could be split for ease of reading? Thank you, --Dankalor😳 17:41, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
- I suppose so, but separating them allows for a bit more depth to the pages, rather than forcing it under a variant page. Especially with the upcoming colossus, im worried we wont be able to convey its information nearly as much. Also, mirelurks. Is there any way we can configure that to not be so messy? They are completely separate creatures, and squishing all 38 variants of 5 different creatures into a single page just seems like it could be improved.--Dankalor😳 18:06, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Fair. Thanks for considering.--Dankalor😳 21:31, February 1, 2020 (UTC)
More stuff Edit
1) Images; Any ideas for appropriate names and or image summaries? Is there a standard format on Fandom somewhere?
2) "W:" Got it.
3) "Beaver Creek Lanes terminal entries; Terminal, Bowler Scores and Handicaps" His is the last name on the list that is legible, although it's corrupted.
Thanks for letting me know. I apologize for wrongly editing.
rose' sexuality Edit
microfusion cell Edit
Strange Notification Edit
Hey J, wanted to drop you a line regarding a very strange notification I've received, pictured here:
I'm not set up to enter Discord on my current machine, otherwise I would have reported there. Is this an inside-joke thing/known issue? Anytime I see something like this alarm bells go off in my head thinking it may be someone exploiting a script injection vector. -- 07:42, February 5, 2020 (UTC)
Always good when I find the time to contribute here again. Now that football is slowing down a bit (one of my jobs is at a sports bar), I'm going to have a lot more free-time, and I plan on using it to get back into things here. Hoping to start editing again as of today, too, and getting back to The Vault Academy.
I'll take a look at it in a bit - funny how that policy is pretty redundant now. We don't really have anyone abusing it like we did back in the day - maybe I'll see about trying to vote it out at some point. 寧靜 17:14, February 6, 2020 (UTC)
master in FO76 Edit
Re: Museum of TechnologyEdit
no BOS General Edit
the General rank seems be absent from the ranks section of the bos hierarchy page. Do you know if this is deliberate? Its only appearing in the Midwestern bos section--Branebriar1930 (talk) 16:05, February 10, 2020 (UTC)
I'm being told that you were the deciding factor for the de-capping of most if not all of the holotape articles. Not sure about that as I was not around for it, but I'm just letting you know that I'm going to be going through and fixing these articles. Since holotapes are essentially books/media, they should be capped; generic notes, though, should remain de-capped, and I'll make sure to be careful about the distinction.
If you wish to discuss things further, my talk-page is of course open to you - but for the time-being, our policies dictate proper English conventions, so I'd like to go ahead and get the ball rolling on these changes when I'm able. 寧靜 09:53, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
- I discovered the issue after some discussion in Discord - turns out that the progress I was thinking of, was work that we had done over at The Vault after the schism. Turns out Nukapedia never really got around to addressing holotapes and whatnot. Mah bad lmao
- I'll have time to make a project of sorts out of it come Wed. We can discuss the matter further if you see anything wonky as I push out changes, but hopefully it should be a relatively smooth and painless effort. 寧靜 13:19, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
- Worked like a charm on my next go-around. Thanks again. - Kdarrow (talk) 23:49, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
Weapon categories Edit
Dont really see how keeping games and add-ons separate is better in the weapon categories. now some are going to to be merged while others are going to be separate. I spent a long time making them as uniformed as possible--Branebriar1930 (talk) 18:50, February 12, 2020 (UTC)
City vs faction base Edit
hey i wanted to get your opinion on the city page and why i think it could use a rework. a number of faction bases are on the city page that technically aren't cities(institute, red rock canyon, the nucleus, paradise falls), while others such as camp macCarren, old north church, the prydwen, citadel and others are not on the city page but have the same position as the previously mentioned locations. basically what im trying to say is i think we should either put all of the faction bases that fit the city criteria( residents, shops) or keep none of them and just put locations that are strictly meant as neutral cities or towns(megaton, primm etc) thoughts?--Branebriar1930 (talk) 13:01, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
You play Shelter, yeah? I've noticed that a good number of the game's articles are considered stubs for having a lack of a proper walkthrough section. How do you feel about this?
Personally, I think the section is unnecessary for most quest pages since they're incredibly simple to complete, and there ain't much to em to explain other than clear out every room possible and kill what's in em. But I wanna talk it over before I decide on any sort of changes to that effect. 寧靜 18:07, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
- I like the walkthrough section as a description of what happens in the missions. I don't personally play Shelter but I quite enjoy reading about how many deathclaws you gotta kill to save the overseer who is in another vault so you can get yourself a lunchbox. This is not sarcasm, I really like reading them when they come through RC. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 23:18, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
BC input neededEdit
Leon has apparently seen fit to issue an out of line warning regarding and edit war started by Ant over an edit made by Branebriar. Undoing edit warring, which are bad faith edits, is part of my job as a patroller and the sole person engaging in an edit war was Ant. This is unwarranted on his part and against precedent SOP on this wiki. Great Mara (talk) 18:39, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
- As I've already discussed with Mara, I welcome the chance to discuss this matter further with you. I'll be around to talk on either here or Discord (although I'd prefer on the wiki for transparency). 寧靜 18:54, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
- This is one of those reasons why I hate it when people use Discord over the wiki to talk about important matters, because of the missing context. It boils down to multiple users complaining about the sheer amount of edit-warring on the wiki, and them pushing for the administrators to become more active in dealing with these incidents, including and up to disciplinary measures. I'm talking about, to the point of me being insulted because I wasn't able to look into things as fast as they wanted.
- So a good number of people (although, admittedly in the Discord), have sort of opened a can of worms on this matter - in the past, I agree that this would have been somewhat of an overreaction. But I'm now being expected to hold a certain standard, and I imagine a few people ain't gonna be happy when they realize that the standard they're pushing for, applies to them as well.
- In this case, multiple users, three of them being special-rights holders, were reverting each other again and again and again. As dictated within our policies, reverting a revert is still contributing to the edit-war, and that a mediator and/or page-lock needs to be sought instead. Even when an administrator got involved initially, there was no mediation, or page protection, but instead, another revert. Ant was the instigator in this matter, and since he was warned before for the same behaviour, he was blocked for three days. The rest were warned for escalating the issue unnecessarily, and failing to properly handle the situation before I was alerted to the issue by l84tea, who was the one who finally did the right thing, and got an administrator (me) involved. 寧靜 17:24, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
Fallout 76 crafting componentsEdit
Hi Jsp. An issue which has been put on the backburner for awhile (while I hoped it would go away) has reared its head while I'm merging stuff over from The Vault...Fallout 76 crafting components - i.e.
Acid (Fallout 76). Currently the link goes to an anchor on the
Acid page which is, admittedly a little against policy, but you probably remember that this came from a period when Timeoin was going absolutely ham on the junk pages, so we've let it stay (and uh...continued it for consistency's sake).
Anyway. I'm looking at the pages now for merging (and updating) and I'd like your advice on what to do, especially with the infobox. I'm primarily worried about the "Component of" section. I was thinking of approaching it like I've done with some of the junk pages - chuck a line in there and split FO4 and FO76, but it has the potential to get real big, especially with something like Steel. Also, the production table is far from complete and I'd like to finish it off (but it has the potential to get monstrous, with new items getting added into the game).
Basically I think there is some argument for splitting the two pages into
COMPONENTNAME (Fallout 4) and
COMPONENENTNAME (Fallout 76) but I'm not particularly convinced either way. Thoughts? (I'm happy to do all the splitting in a single session if that's the way we go)
Thanks!! --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 23:10, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Great! Yeah I'll canvass some opinions on Discord. Can't imagine there'll be too much pushback but you never know. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 21:42, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
Got around to changing my signature - how does it look from your end? Doesn't look like it's pushing the line down anymore from my end. 寧靜 17:29, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
Re: Replacing imagesEdit
Ah, apologies, I didn't realize that. I deleted the old one to make the new image a .png, but if that isn't so much of a concern, then I can just overwrite it. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 22:02, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
Your Opinion? Edit
I hope you're doing well. Yesterday Leon left me a warning on my talk page. He said that I partook in edit-warring after I reverted an edit made by Ant2242. He replaced accepted terminology with something else and I reverted it so that the terminology was consistent with the one typically used. I certainly acted in good faith and, in my opinion, I did not participate in an edit war. I would appreciate your opinion on this.
Jgrsoto 00:43, February 17, 2020 (UTC)
Fallout 4 Trashcan Carla and her brahmin.Edit
Trashcan_Carla The page has the following tag or bracketed statement: Expansion required This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.
What is the Wiki looking for as far as information?
Also, Trashcan Carla's brahmin is named, 'Brahmin'. Yet there is no wiki page about Trashcan Carla's brahmin. This is unlike the other prominent Commonwealth traders; specifically, traders with actual names.
I'm not happy about it either. JCB already approached me on Discord and accepted his ban, and I talked to him a bit about helping mediate the situation once his block is up. I took your advice when messaging Gas, since he has no prior history of edit-warring. I'm hoping I took a better approach this time around.
As for Brane, I'm really hoping he takes me up on my TVA offer. He has a lot of promise as an editor; he just has a lot of bad habits, too. 寧靜 20:52, February 17, 2020 (UTC)