Icon nowrite.svg
This page contains archived information from User talk:Jspoelstra. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.


Front Page[edit source]

Hi J,

You'll remember I've been talking about a change to the front page for a while. Well, I think I'm just about ready to push out a change.

If you pull up this specific revision, you'll see it in almost all of it glory.

Now you may notice there is no featured article section. Fear not... The fourth image in the slider will become an "article of the day" image. That is going to require a lot more work to find suitable articles. The code for it is just about there (its in monthly mode rather than annual), its just about making one small change, then entering data making it happen... I'm calling that phase 2.

One of your objections before was that the helping out/community section was gone. One of the goals of this was to get rid of a lot of text. I think I've hit the best of both worlds, and I hope you'll agree. There's a specific section for Chat, and Discussions, and a third (middle one) rotating item that currently floats between a project (bug verification), the "Citation Needed" category, and a list of pages without pictures. I picked those to highlight how we could use this to get specific help to specific sections, but we could change or add as many as we like. (I was thinking we'd display all 3 on Community messages).

The news stuff being in 2 columns I think you objected to too, its just in the traditional right now.

I keep flipping as to whether I think "Join us" or the game logos should be the higher one. I'd like your thoughts on that, or any other feedback you have. Agent c (talk) 23:29, September 8, 2017 (UTC)

The slider is going to change daily. I can move Join us down to the bottom if you prefer. Agent c (talk) 23:33, September 8, 2017 (UTC)

Sig[edit source]

Oops - sorry.

Just saw your message to me, and I'll see what I can do. I'm off for the night, but when I get back on tomorrow, I'll play around with the numbers a bit. 寧靜 Fox.png 02:38, September 9, 2017 (UTC)

New account[edit source]

My account was outdated, this is my new one :) XGhostc

Video Forums[edit source]

Thank you for participating in the video forums so far.

In order to work out where to go from here, I've created another forum asking the community where our "Red line" is, and whether or not I should continue to be the point person on this.

You can find the new forum here. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on this matter. Agent c (talk) 16:13, September 10, 2017 (UTC)

Pariah[edit source]


"Pariah Dog" is the exact critter name from pro_crit.msg. Maybe the page should be renamed instead? — Ivan Pozdeev 19:49, September 10, 2017 (UTC)

All Hands Meeting[edit source]

Okay, I think its clear that going ahead with a meeting is a good idea. At this stage I would like to open the floor to agenda items. We have the following things to discuss.

  • An update on any negotiations, and other actions
  • Possible action to progress our case further whilst staying on network
  • Possible engagement with Wikia on video in line with the proposed deal- if we should participate and whom that contact person should be.
  • Possible alternatives if the situation cannot be resolved.

Please let me know if you want anything added to the agenda here

I'll be asking a number of people to speak on certain issues, but as always there will be plenty of room for discussion.

I propose that the meeting be held at 3pm North American Eastern Time on Sunday 24 September, this should be 8pm in London, 9pm Central European time, and Midday North American Western. If there are any objections please note them below and we'll look into alternative scheduling, the more objections the harder we look for a new time.

We have arranged facilities for the meeting, it will be held online. It is open to all persons who have participated in any of the video discussion threads up to today, except those employed by Fandom/Wikia inc (as this is the Community's meeting), or have been employed by them in the recent past.

Votes taken in this meeting will be taken as consensus view of the wiki, so everyone is encouraged to attend.

We have setup a discord server (Nukapedia's Fallout Shelter) located here. It is mobile friendly (via an app) and is very flexible.

Although everyone is welcome in our social space (The-Common-Room), only persons who meet the above criteria will be admitted to The-Town-Hall (where the meeting will be located). You may be asked to verify your account before this access is granted. Agent c (talk) 21:52, September 11, 2017 (UTC)

Check[edit source]

Hey Js, mind running a check on a couple of blocked users to see if they match? Special:Contributions/Annabeth_and_Parcy and Special:Contributions/Ozuzanna1. it might be worth putting an IP block on if they match. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:57, September 11, 2017 (UTC)

Re: Game icon[edit source]

Hi Js! Thanks for letting me know, the games icons now look much better on most pages and do not interfere with the header separator nor Infobox. I noticed the issue last night but I was in a rush to go. Furthermore the issue with the videos is not a major one. It will be rather easy to fix, it just involves determining which position the video will have, it's really just a matter of "where" in the css code we should place it. I'll get to it later today, I'm a bit busy at the moment. Thanks! Best regards Jackiboy Logo.png (talk) 06:10, September 12, 2017 (UTC)

Hi J, may and Jacki have been talking about the games template in chat just now. Fandoms removal of the videos has actually broken the template completely (I assume they have just hidden the video rail rather than remove and its impacted the template). Until we get somewhere with the negotiations, I don't think we can fix it. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:23, September 12, 2017 (UTC)~
From what I can see the removal of the videos template by Fandom has entirely messed up the corresponding games infoicon template, I've already double checked the script on my test wiki and there are no problems over there. My guess is that this is all on Fandom, so if you wouldn't mind please contact them about it, it might be an external script which might interfere with the icons. Which would the most logic answer to it. I just wanted to let you know that I've done what I can, and there's no way around it as of now. Best regards Jackiboy Logo.png (talk) 14:25, September 12, 2017 (UTC)

Just a heads up[edit source]

But Nukapedia has made the news. TimeoinSay G'DayView my work 20:58, September 12, 2017 (UTC)

No problem. Figured you should know. Particularly since, well, Kotaku was the one that was reporting last time you guys were big gaming news. TimeoinSay G'DayView my work 23:23, September 12, 2017 (UTC)

Wikia Game Guides app categories[edit source]

What's the point of this category and its subcategories? There's only quests for Fallout 1 in this repertory and it seems it was created in 2013. Are the categories still in use or does the app use something else now? --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 22:06, September 13, 2017 (UTC)

Creation club content[edit source]

What are your thoughts on creation club content being added to this navbox? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 21:13, September 14, 2017 (UTC)

I sent a message through the discord channel on the vote, seems to have gotten users attention to the vote. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:06, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
Indeed we do. Right now I think some of the votes are based on user's personal sentiments to CC rather than practicality. Thankfully this is just a vote to some idea of how people see it being structured, might take another round of voting with the debated items, I think a firm draft will help inform decisions a bit more. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:14, September 14, 2017 (UTC)

Shared Repository Images[edit source]

Hey Jspoelstra! Long time no see :)

I simply have a question about shared-repository images between Nukapedia and Vault-Tec Labs. I deleted several files on Vault-Tec Labs with the intent of using direct http links to Fallout 2 images from Nukapedia in their wake as seen here. In a few cases, instead of the file pages being removed outright, "uncreated" File pages remain viewable. One example is "Spear.gif", as seen here.

According to the File History you were the last to upload the current version of File:Spear.gif to Nukapedia, thus I was wondering if the sharing were enabled by you? It seems to be enabled for a few other Fallout 2 art files that are featured in a few articles over at the modding wiki.

Thanks in advance for the reply! -- Ghouly89 (Talk) 05:09, September 15, 2017 (UTC)

Good to know. If it's enabled by default for every image File on Nukapedia then I'll continue forward deleting all the ugly versions that were uploaded to Vault-Tec Labs forever ago. Thanks! -- Ghouly89 (Talk) 17:09, September 15, 2017 (UTC)

Fallout 2 consumables[edit source]

Most of the inventory images in said category are the only ones for Fallout 2 that were altered from their vanilla state. It's just aliasing on the borders of the sprites, but it does pose an interruption in the congruity of all the other images. If there are no issues I'd like to replace these. -- Ghouly89 (Talk) 23:09, September 15, 2017 (UTC)

CC Content[edit source]

Thanks for the link. I only have the mods that were free at some point and I'm still not using the Creation Kit so my knowledge of the content is quite limited. I might create the article pages and set the layout so it's easier for everyone to come and add a bit of information. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 23:32, September 22, 2017 (UTC)

I was quite sick those last two days and haven't had the chance to create a draft or join the Discord discussion. Was there anything said about CC Content? --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 15:18, September 25, 2017 (UTC)
I'm much better and should have the time to do the drafts this week. I'm thinking of two different versions: one article for each new element added in the mod, or one article for each mod listing all the elements and their characteristics. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 11:58, September 26, 2017 (UTC)
I created a couple pages. They should show in my contributions. I'll finish them later today, I'm in a train right now and it's not too practical. 19 edits to go! I'm curious which page will get your attention for the last one :) --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 13:23, September 30, 2017 (UTC)

Congrats! ✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。 I finished the last draft for the User:YoDsanklai/PowerHorseArmorMod|Power Horse Armor mod, half of the information is approximated but the amount of content is at least what we'll end up with if we can put these articles in the mainspace. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 18:16, September 30, 2017 (UTC)

Untitled[edit source]

Hi i want to change to Visual editor, which is what i use for the Witcher wiki. I have changed it in preferences and saved it but it stays the same. I want to help but i really cant you use classic editor —Preceding unsigned comment added by Downtoearth1 (talkcontribs) 15:24, 24 September 2017. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Have you figured out a way to fix the problem :)

Meeting[edit source]

We have an hour to go before the meeting, Agent c may not be attending due to his long travel home yesterday, are you happy to keep an eye on the questions that come in? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:58, September 24, 2017 (UTC)

Thank you, it makes sense to have someone who isn't speaking to keep an eye on the questions. Anything that can be answered there and then might as well be answered straight away. Anything that feels worth askin gthe presenters can be brought up at the end of each section. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:14, September 24, 2017 (UTC)
As would be expected of you. Me and C both have a firm piece to present in the meting, so ideally it would need to be you and/or Gunny watching the questions too. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:26, September 24, 2017 (UTC)

( we're going to get started in 5 minutes. Join us when you're ready.

Wont be here for 300,000[edit source]

As I'm moving on to non-wikia pastures now. (Might drop back every now and again, but rarely).

Anyways- just wanted to say, it's been great fun. Not only that, but you're insanely awesome. If ever you need a hand with anything, let me know, and I'll do what I can :) TimeoinSay G'DayView my work 11:05, September 25, 2017 (UTC)

A bunch of very spiteful staff got voted in, and over time started making trouble. Because i was more interested in editing, I let it go. Didnt know they were actively backstabbing me until they all came out kd woodwork demanding I resign. :'( TimeoinSay G'DayView my work
Petitioned Sansse to start new wiki to stay here on eso. She said no :'( TimeoinSay G'DayView my work 20:22, September 25, 2017 (UTC)

Interwiki[edit source]

We have one article that is about both the trash can and trash bin, Trash can. The Ukranian wiki has both Trash can and Trash bin. How do we deal with this this in terms of interwiki linking? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 14:18, September 25, 2017 (UTC)

Front page[edit source]

I can try and trim it some more. Might leave of Other matters. Agent c (talk) 00:19, September 26, 2017 (UTC)

Trimmed that and a little more about the vote. Agent c (talk) 00:22, September 26, 2017 (UTC)

Cos its so long, but yet important, I've put at the bottom for now. I'll move it back to the right when we have a smaller piece. Agent c (talk) 00:32, September 26, 2017 (UTC)

RE:BAb[edit source]

I had originally reverted an Anon I think it was who added it on the Fusion core page I believe it was, because it wasn't listed on the Bowling alley page, after Rebel put it back I checked in game and I can see one. That's the spot, for me it is sitting on top of that crate on the ground, I'm online now and can post a temporary screenshot of it (low Quality) if you would like. I'm also checking again with a dif account (both vanilla) to see if it spawns again but Fallout crashed and I need a min.Xa3talkContributions 02:37, September 26, 2017 (UTC)

Second character didn't get it as a spawn.Xa3talkContributions 03:06, September 26, 2017 (UTC)

Fusion core[edit source]

Ya no problem, I wasn't aware that it was there until the Anon posted it, so I had to go verify. I went in on my lower level character that hasn't completed the Galleria quest, the Fusion Core is marked as Owned this way.

Fusion core is marked as Owned inside Back Alley Bowling.

Oh also I have 0 Mods installed. Aside from some Creation club additions, which don't act the same as mods where you will still receive trophies/achievements if they are installed. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 21:40, September 26, 2017 (UTC)

It's definitely not random for PS4, spawned in for me 10 times in a row on that character. Then another 10 times on a separate character. Each time at the same spot. I mean I can record some gameplay of me doing it over and over if you wish, but it's not a random spawn for me. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 05:16, September 27, 2017 (UTC)

Deck of cards[edit source]

To read the package, I squinted and moved my head closer to the screen at a slight angle to match the isometry. But I'm glad you went with it. I was just trying to pad a stub article. :-D MojaveKingpin (talk) 08:39, September 27, 2017 (UTC)

South Park[edit source]

I looked at that video last night, and I think we dodged a bullet. Random Clips, the theme music, and nothing but text content? What the hell was the point in that??? Agent c (talk) 20:40, September 27, 2017 (UTC)

Dr. Forsythe's note[edit source]

Do you remember this note? You added in this revision that the note is obtained during the quest Hole in the Wall but there's no mention of the note on the quest page and Jacob Forsythe's article says that the note is found on a corpse during a random encounter. I'm more inclined to believe its tied to a random encounter because of the transcript. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 23:08, September 29, 2017 (UTC)

300,000 edits![edit source]

So, I know you don't technically know me, but just thought i'd congratulate you on 300K. its one heck of an achievement, heck you've got more edits than the rest of us combined. Well, thanks for everything that you do for us and the wiki, I really do appreciate it. --The Courier NCR for life (talk) 19:30, September 30, 2017 (UTC)

He speaks for most of us here, you do a tremendous job around here. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 01:41, October 1, 2017 (UTC)

You're way more skilled at than I will ever be. But on the topic of being good at what you do, this user needs a block. Tried to cover his tracks with a racist remark on the West Everett Estates page. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 01:51, October 1, 2017 (UTC)

Congrats on this new milestone! The path to 400K has opened up. :D - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 16:36, October 1, 2017 (UTC)

I'm late as usual, seeing as I take forever to read talkpage stuff in recent history... Oh well. Gratz on 300K man! |\| () |\/| /\ |) | Talk | Discord | NMC 11:49, October 4, 2017 (UTC)

Reservation[edit source]

On this page: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Reservation_design_document/5

The word slaver is misspelled as "salver" in this phrase: "Should the player waste the Slaver Caravan in the Salver Caravan random encounter,"

Cecell (talk) 01:22, October 1, 2017 (UTC)

Forum archives[edit source]

I think the changes should roll everything back. There's still a bunch populating the two archives we did use, but the template should revert them back to the regular forum categories. Let's wait for a recache by wikia and make sure it moved them all. I'm not gonna purge hundreds of pages. If for some reason it doesn't work, we'll run a bot over the pages and remove the unused template parameter. The Gunny  UserGunny chevrons.png 20:59, October 1, 2017 (UTC)

Temporary rights[edit source]

Hi J, with what's happened in the states or DM need a bit of time to recover (one of them lives just outside Vegas and is directly affected). I've given 12345678abcdefg and Distusting temporary DM rights to give them some space and ensure we have coverage. I know we don't have a process for it, but in light of current events, it felt the right thing to do. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 12:57, October 2, 2017 (UTC)

I'm going to try and catch up with the Couriers tomorrow and see how they are tomorrow. I think for now they just need a bit of time to deal with the shock of whats happened. I don't think we will need the extra rights over 24 hours though. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:58, October 2, 2017 (UTC)

FOBOS screenshots[edit source]

PSCX2 settings.jpg
PSCX2 settings2.jpg
PSCX2 settings3.jpg

I used PCSX2 v1.5. You can change the internal resolution by 3 hours or more, if the video card allows. With these settings, I take shots, but I can not make a high-quality video capture, because the system is very slow. --Steel Nomad (talk) 10:40, October 4, 2017 (UTC)

CC ID[edit source]

I'm playing on Survival and I don't have another save available with the CC content. I had to install some mods to enable the console and check. I looked at Power Horse Armor parts and Morgan's Spacesuit and both have "ff" as the prefix. I'll launch a quick god mode normal game to check what I get. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 20:51, October 4, 2017 (UTC)

Same result with a normal game and without using any mod. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 19:25, October 5, 2017 (UTC)

Savior of the Damned[edit source]

Thanks for the info, I usually would edit after I got home from work at between 6-8pm pst. I will check that out the next time I'm at home around 4. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 02:41, October 6, 2017 (UTC)

Patroller to Content Moderator[edit source]

Hello, can you cast your eye over this forum and give your input? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 21:13, October 7, 2017 (UTC)

Thanks for Fixing the Image Problem... thank you very much—Preceding unsigned comment added by ReneFnock (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Sentry bot[edit source]

Just had to revert 7/8 revisions on this to correct the stat data that was changed. Unfortunately one of your edits got caught up in this. I'll pass back through when I get home and put your changes back in, unless you want to do it before? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 16:51, October 10, 2017 (UTC)

Vault 393105395[edit source]

Someone created [[Vault 393105395|this page]] a few minutes ago. I've marked it for deletion, but can't delete it myself. Could you take a look at it? Thanks! - FDekker talk 21:51, October 11, 2017 (UTC)

Opgeruimd staat netjes! - FDekker talk 21:54, October 11, 2017 (UTC)

Samuel[edit source]

The disambiguation page is here. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 15:57, October 12, 2017 (UTC)

About the Institute's Public Work maintenance, I don't know. Maybe I'll have some time to play this weekend and rush through to quest to see the area. --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 18:14, October 12, 2017 (UTC)
It was my first playthrough so chances are good I can pull the save up and see what I can find out. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:19, October 12, 2017 (UTC)
Just gone through naturally using tgm to expatiate a playthrough, no map past the main room, even with natural progression. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 21:48, October 14, 2017 (UTC)

(It would have been nice to have a map, its not the most linear of places either, bit of guesswork after activating the keypad. Would it be worth having the VDSG map in the article somewhere for reference, or too odd? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 21:53, October 14, 2017 (UTC)

Codebreaker[edit source]

CB is a cheat program for console games. It can also be used on pcsx emulator. Codes for Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel can be found here. --Steel Nomad (talk) 06:00, October 15, 2017 (UTC)

Adminverzoek[edit source]

Testen was het misschien wel een beetje, maar niet zonder goede reden. Hopelijk kunnen we een goede tussenweg vinden.

- FDekker talk 15:46, October 16, 2017 (UTC)

Reap the chaos[edit source]

I've just lifted the protection on their talk page so users can interact with them. Looks like they are willing to contribute and after 2 years I think we should give a bit of good faith.

Also, I've added my thoughts on the content moderator proposal now. Think it would be worth nudging the previous parties so they are aware of the discussion being open again? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:31, October 16, 2017 (UTC)

That works much better. I didn't want a contributor alienated because only admins can contact him, but I also didn't want him getting peeved that a vandal was allowed to run riot either. I've been looking at the abuse filter a little, so if I can find a way to auto-block users who archive talk pages they don't own, that would be better. Would need to bring it up to forum once I have it down to a fine art.
Nice to see discussion did pick up again overnight. I feel for Dekker taking the hit on this, would have liked the argument for it to be in place before anyone tried to run or looked to run for admin just to do the donkey work, but it it is what it is. It's just a shame someone ended up becoming a casualty first. Him, YoD and Distusting would be fine candidates. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 07:20, October 17, 2017 (UTC)
Well at least it is a small bump rather than a big one. Would be nice if it goes through. If it helps us get the right people in the right places then it can only be a good thing. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:32, October 17, 2017 (UTC)

Fallout 4 perk magazines[edit source]

Sorry to use your talk page to discuss this, I'm afraid it'll only get buried by all the ongoing forum discussions if I use an article talk page. I noticed all of the magazines have their own page but a couple of them (Astoundingly Awesome Tales/Astoundingly Awesome, Guns and Bullets (Fallout 4)/Guns and Bullets (perk)) also have an extra page for the perk itself. I suggest we merge everything on the magazine articles. Do you see any reason why I should not do this? --YOD ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ 13:46, October 17, 2017 (UTC)

Problems with "#invoke" variable[edit source]

Hello Js! I noticed that on the Sierra Madre page the "#invoke" variable doesn't work. It just displays this:


I'm in a hurry to go but I'll try to take a look at it when I can, from what I can see, there might be some script error in the Infobox location template with the use of triple angled brackets ("{{{}}}"). I thought you might want to take a look on the issue. Best regards Jackiboy Logo.png (talk) 16:06, October 17, 2017 (UTC)

Testing[edit source]

I've created Mainspace test to test some bits out today. It might not look like I'm doing anything with it right now, as what I'm trying to do is in the Abuse Filter. Want to see how feasible it is to stop certain repeat actions occuring this way as not everyone sees the editorial comments. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 12:40, October 21, 2017 (UTC)

All done with my testing now. We have a filter in place to prevent real-world weapon speculation on articles (the filter is currently based on the articles we have high revert rate again for fallout 4). People with sysop access can bypass the rule completely, so if it should ping incorrectly someone can fix it (or if need be, the rule can be switched off). I'm going to look at common vandalism rules as well, keep the basic stuff at bay. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:10, October 21, 2017 (UTC)

I'm looking into why the anti-vandal filter caught you. on Gomorrah, can't see anything obvious, but that one is off for now. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:41, October 21, 2017 (UTC)

May well be that, although a quick search of the log didn't pull anything up matching the criteria. Might just set it to block anyone who doesn't fall in the user rights group, just to keep anons at bay. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:46, October 21, 2017 (UTC)

Anti Vandal is now up, I'll try and make it a little "smarter" by adding users to the exceptions list to prevent any unnecessary blocks occuring, (just waiting on Flightmare to get to me to see what is going off with my code for that,) that way we can add a couple of extra words in with a disallow (just blocks the edit) so all we have toi do is check the filter, block the nefarious and update the genuine. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:08, October 21, 2017 (UTC)

Abuse filter[edit source]

Very curious, I switched it off, pushed the edit through then turned it back on and did another test, which turned out ok. I'm going to assume fixed for now (did a quick check against the criteria and nothing was flagging up. Let me know if it happens elsewhere and I'll see if there is a pattern to it. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 16:47, October 22, 2017 (UTC)

For now I have added a caveat to the rule to allow all registered users to bypass the filter. I tried to go with [[Rhys|Knight Rhys]] and it was blocked too, not sure if it is links that are the issue or links with a different name to the page. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:00, October 22, 2017 (UTC)

I was getting too many false positives to be comfortable leaving it on, it's running in the back ground for now, pulling data so I can work out the issue.

Looking at the vandalism on the terminal entry, I think we would have trouble getting the filter to work to prevent it as the language is part of article, doesn't mean it is impossible though. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 07:31, October 24, 2017 (UTC)

Creation Club[edit source]

I've created a new template for the overhead articles, for more complex content like Power Horse Armor (content): {{Infobox Creation Club}}. Gives them a little more consistency to the rest of the wiki.

I'll add the Credits and release date options to other relevant infoboxes if needed. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:44, October 26, 2017 (UTC)

That was an error on my part, fixed the box now so it displays. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:19, October 26, 2017 (UTC)

CC ID[edit source]

Its a bug that also happens on {{DLC ID}} too. It's standard behavior with links when letters follow it. I've slid a <nowiki /> tag between the link and the next set of characters and that has fixed it. I'll do the same with DLC ID as a precaution. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:37, October 28, 2017 (UTC)

Discord[edit source]

Hi J, can you pop on the discord for a moment? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:20, October 31, 2017 (UTC)

Spam user pages[edit source]

I've set a filter up to block anyone who uses a certain product name on their user pages. Don a test against the recent changes and it is hitting correctly. If we get any other spam ads with distinct product names, let me know and I'll add them to the list. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:17, November 1, 2017 (UTC)

I know flightmare was meant to be turning KINMUNE back on again, but I think he needs another nudge, seems pretty busy. They use some pretty distinct words so setting the filter up for them shouldn't be too hard.
I've set autoblock with a restriction based on edits to stop the filter being over zealous. Just needs a daily check for a little while, but it seems fine in testing. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:00, November 1, 2017 (UTC)

Just checked the filter, caught our first spam account. If any get past the net let me know, but I'm updating this as new keywords appear. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 09:44, November 7, 2017 (UTC)

Synth Eve[edit source]

I looked Eve up in the CK, and while she doesn't drop a synth component, she is based on the InstituteSynthGen3Female01 template. So perhaps she's a synth after all?
- FDekker talk 17:50, November 7, 2017 (UTC)

Images[edit source]

Could you rename the three FNV images I just uploaded, I messed up the game tags. Sometimes I really wish I could rename files. :) DisgustingWastelander (talk) 19:33, November 11, 2017 (UTC)

Content Moderator[edit source]

As discussion on Content moderators stalled last month and there was plenty of input, I have now raised a forum with a policy to vote on based upon the comments. When you have a moment, can you take a look at cast your votes? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:38, November 11, 2017 (UTC)

Cards[edit source]

All cards Danario36 added are fakes. This is indicated by mistakes in writing the name and a different font. Beard 8025411341 (talk) 16:53, November 13, 2017 (UTC)

Compare the letters a, u, t. "Flight Suit" is written in two words. And "Mutant Hunting Gear". Beard 8025411341 (talk) 17:23, November 13, 2017 (UTC)
Sorry, I did not understand the question. Beard 8025411341 (talk) 18:19, November 13, 2017 (UTC)
All the cards that are in the game are already on the wiki. Beard 8025411341 (talk) 18:32, November 13, 2017 (UTC)

Apologies[edit source]

Hi, my deepest apologies for misspelling, Yes i have been making them as your website does not have them, i am creating a board game based on fallout. While i was browsing your website and creating cards for the game that werent on your website, i decided to help you out by putting them on your site as i recognised some of the cards were already fan made as theres confusion between the a and the computer version of a. if you want to remove the cards feel free and i will stop putting the cards on your site thank you.

Swamp camo space[edit source]

I removed the space in the swamp camouflage paint crafting table because the = are not aligned otherwise. Does it look different on your machine or shouldn't the =s be aligned?
- FDekker talk 18:38, November 15, 2017 (UTC)

Lexington map[edit source]

Hi J, thanks for leaving a comment in the history. This is my first contribution and I'm not even sure if this talk page is the right spot to discuss what to do about the Lexington map. I could easily edit out the HUD and my name (the page was prepared for publication as a pdf), but there's no way around the fact that it is, well, a map.

I found the map of concord here on the wiki [CONCORD.jpg] added by Timelesstime and thought it would be OK to add a visual illustration to the hints given in the respective pages. But of course I respect the wiki's policies.

--HSNataraj (talk) 20:34, November 17, 2017 (UTC)

After I read the content policy again, I changed the title from Lexington map to "Landmarks, ..." - which better describes the content - and removed the HUD. The background image is not something I drew by hand but consists of approximately 200 screenshots of the zoomed-in map, cropped and stitched together. Thus it should be 100% accurate. Hope this is now acceptable.

How can I remove the previous version - which is now unused - from the database?

HSNataraj (talk) 13:29, November 18, 2017 (UTC)

Thank you for uploading an image to the Light bulb page. --Abby Corbett (talk) 18:00, November 20, 2017 (UTC)

Gustavo[edit source]

But there's three Gustavos. Gustavo (Fallout 3), Gustavo (Van Buren), and Gustavo Rex. Paladin117>>iff bored; 22:50, November 24, 2017 (UTC)

If there were only 2 Gustavo's I would have left be. The only reason I did it in this case is because we have 3 Gustavos: Fallout 3, Van Buren and the voice actor. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:51, November 24, 2017 (UTC)

Custom Content[edit source]

I was reading up on some information on John Cassidy, and I noticed he has a quote attributed as "Custom-recorded clip." Immediately I thought that it should be deleted, since the wiki does not commonly cover custom anything, then I saw that Cassidy was originally a talking head and that the quote (as well as the apparent actor's Adam Dravean|page) were added by you. I just came by to inquire about whether these should actually appear on the wiki or if it is some sort of special case where custom content is allowed. Thanks, Sigmund Fraud Talk Contributions 05:50, November 27, 2017 (UTC)

NotY[edit source]

Vorig jaar had ik het ook al georganiseerd en toen had Skire al aangegeven er niet meer zo erg mee bezig te zijn, dus ik dacht dat het beter was om het dit jaar ook opnieuw te doen :). Door nu eerder te starten kan ik ook wat meer tijd geven voor nominaties etc. :) - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 22:40, November 27, 2017 (UTC)

Gallery widths[edit source]

In this edit someone— Ik vergeet telkens dat je Nederlands spreekt.

In deze edit heeft iemand de breedte van de gallerijen naar 200 veranderd. Zijn er regels om te bepalen welke breedte een gallerij moet hebben? Ik zie namelijk gallerijen met allerlei breedtes: 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, en zelfs eentje met 250.
- FDekker talk 00:17, November 28, 2017 (UTC)

Je gaat er dus vanuit dat alle afbeeldingen in een gallerij (ongeveer) dezelfde verhouding hebben?
De 250px is op Fallout Bible 5; die had ik gevonden met AWB, dus ik had niet door dat het een antieke pagina was.
- FDekker talk 01:03, November 28, 2017 (UTC)
Ik bedoelde eigenlijk dat je ervan uitgaat dat alle afbeeldingen in één gallerij (ongeveer) dezelfde verhouding hebben. Dus dat je niet een afbeelding met verhouding 16:9 en een afbeelding met verhouding 1:2 in dezelfde gallerij kunt hebben... Behalve dan dat deze pagina dat wel doet, en Wikia automatisch voorkomt dat de afbeelding wordt uitgerekt.
Conclusie: Waarschijnlijk is de breedte gewoon iets subjectiefs, en als het er goed uitziet dan is het goed.
- FDekker talk 17:40, November 28, 2017 (UTC)

Travis[edit source]

I'd just opened the CK to update Travis' infobox and clear the incomplete template, so I'll get the dialogue re-done. It was done using an old version of the extractor so there are a few artificats (") in there that need cleaning up. I'm not certain on what you mean by aligned though.

I'm still as present as ever, if not on the RC as much as I would like myself. In part I suffered a bit of burn out from everyone wanting something in Discord, (one night I get 3 or 4 pings in the space of 20 minutes for various things,) along with personal issues that roll around at this time of year. I have plenty I still want to do, I just need to balance it better. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:22, November 28, 2017 (UTC)

Ah yes, that is being caused by the artifacts. I'm nearly done going over it, so any issues like that will be resolved shortly. They have seemed to learn that they can't rely on me constantly, early learning steps with Discord I think. They see me at all hours so feel it better to ping me rather than user the @Admin command to ping everyone and see who is around. Honestly, I wouldn't give this community up even if someone came and tried to drag me away from it. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:51, November 28, 2017 (UTC)

Filter[edit source]

I've had a look at the documentation for the filters and the block time can't be reduced from infinite. I was hoping it would be something we could ask Fandom to adjust for us. At least the benefits outweigh the time spent reducing the block length, I've been keeping an eye on the log since the filters went live. This is the first time I've seen false positives in a while, I have fixed the issue though. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:24, November 29, 2017 (UTC)

I've checked the setup of the filter extension at mediawiki and there doesn't appear to be a control for limiting block lengths (I've spent a lot of time playing with this and other extensions on my own PC recently). I can ask them, but I imagine they will tell us the same, would be nice if we could set different lengths on different filter offences. Having the ability to set different penalties has been a nice so far. I did a little test on Fort Strong as an experiment to see if we can allow users to continue editing pages whilst stopping a single malicious change and it went well. Leaving pages open to everyone where possible seems like a better option to me, but it has its own risks.
If it was a user or a common anon editor I would be inclined to go further than 3 days. I have yet to see more than the occassional vandal come back after a 3 day edit, unless they're on VPN with intent. I don't tolerate racism, homophobia at all and when a user is persistent in bad behaviour, I'll always rack the scoreboard up higher when it comes to those sorts of issues. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:29, November 30, 2017 (UTC)

Creation Club table[edit source]

There must be some way to get rid of that part. Otherwise other option would be to write same description in all weapon skins. Eddo36 (talk) 22:45, November 30, 2017 (UTC)

Doom Bundle[edit source]

Yes, there is no bundle tab in the store, but the Doom Bundle is listed under both the weapon tab and apparel tab since it contains both a weapon and a suit of armor. So, why would we list it only under apparel? Shouldn't we either list it under both section as well (which would be weird) or separate it? Paladin117>>iff bored; 22:49, November 30, 2017 (UTC)

Jungle of the bat babies[edit source]

Hi J, just seen a question on RC on the talk page for this image, asking where it comes from. I'm a little interested too as I've not seen it before. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:28, December 2, 2017 (UTC)

Ah, so they are are textures that exist, but aren't used in the game, or are they used anywhere? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 00:38, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
Well they're certain a nice addition. Shame they didn't make it. I've added the info to the talkpage, just so we know where they came from. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 00:49, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
Hi J, can you check is Special:Contributions/ is a match against any users? I have a sneaking suspicion as to who it may be, but I want to confirm first. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:05, December 4, 2017 (UTC)

Infobox[edit source]

Thanks for doing the check, if it happens much more, I'll just set to registered only for an extended period of time. I'm assuming they're using a vpn.

I've updated the infobox now, you may have already seen it on 2076 World Series baseball bat in the change log. Footer is in place too. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:43, December 4, 2017 (UTC)

Legendary armors?[edit source]

You added the legendary armor icon to this page, but I don't think that armor is counted as legendary in-game. Did you add it because of the underwater breathing effect? If so, what are the criteria for the icon?
On another note, did you make the icon yourself or did you extract it from the game?
- FDekker talk 20:36, December 5, 2017 (UTC)

Looks like you're right about that armor being legendary.
Also, about the icon, I was able to find the official icon from the Pip-Boy phone app. The angles in the star are slightly different (and imo better-looking). Would you like me to replace the icon you're currently using?
- FDekker talk 21:10, December 5, 2017 (UTC)
Welp, looks like it doesn't look good without an outline. Let me just quickly add one :P
- FDekker talk 21:14, December 5, 2017 (UTC)
Et voila!
- FDekker talk 21:22, December 5, 2017 (UTC)

Chancer[edit source]

Wait a second, are you sure? The history log shows that I started the protection at 21:39 and that it would expire at 22:39.
- FDekker talk 02:26, December 6, 2017 (UTC)

Abuse Filter[edit source]

Sadly, the abuse filter only kicks in if they come over here, It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it saves us the clean up. Its why there are so few hits on it. It has certainly been quieter over there (except for today) and I'm hoping its the range block that has done it. No doubt they will try the wiki again at some point. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:24, December 7, 2017 (UTC)

The number looks about right, The block expires in a couple of days, but I'm fine with changing the rule to IP only and lifting the block early, see if we see a jump in advertising posts again. If not, we keep it at IP, or if we do consider if the range is worth keeping and if they are how long do we push them through for. Do you know if any users were effected by the block last time? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:37, December 7, 2017 (UTC)
Ideally I would like to block on the username and single IP, but it seems out of the extensions ability to do so, would save us having repeat returners, without the range block. We either block by user or by range. I'll lift the block now and see how it goes from here. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:48, December 7, 2017 (UTC)
Before I forget, would it be possible to change protection on articles that were blocked for a single issue and just use the filter to stop the change? It might make the wiki more accessible. Pages like Christine Royce, where something as basic as filtering "romantic" would allow good edits to be made by others. I doubt we will hit capacity anytime soon. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 23:53, December 7, 2017 (UTC)

( I was looking at the documentation for the filter again and I noticed there was a setting for duration in the documentation. It has been set to 3 days instead of infinite. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:32, December 10, 2017 (UTC)

I'll have a look through the documentation and see if it is possible. I remember something about it might not be possible, due to the difference between account and IP block settings. Will get back to you either way. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 15:09, December 10, 2017 (UTC)

Covert Ops Manual[edit source]

I guess I was viewing an old version when I was editing it.
Sanctanimus (talk) 19:57, December 8, 2017 (UTC)

Interwiki links[edit source]

Ik zag dat je een link naar de Oekraïense wiki had toegevoegd. Zou je er voortaan op kunnen letten dat je die link ook aan de andere talen toevoegd (in dit geval de Duitse en Spaanse wiki's)? Anders ontstaat er een inconsistent interwikinetwerk.
- FDekker talk 17:58, December 10, 2017 (UTC)

- FDekker talk 03:28, December 21, 2017 (UTC)
Het is ook niet nodig om te zoeken naar alle wiki's die de pagina hebben en het lijstje compleet te maken, maar als de Engelse wiki naar een klein aantal andere wiki's linkt lijkt het me geen grote moeite om ook daar even de Oekraïense link toe te voegen.
- FDekker talk 16:29, December 21, 2017 (UTC)

More traps in your Glow![edit source]


And I will add some info about Glow elevators soon. --Korney San (talk) 19:15, December 18, 2017 (UTC)

More Glow is required! (c)[edit source]

I have a surprise for you. By accident I found that damned Glow alien, which GLWALIEN.MSG was never connected to! --Korney San (talk) 20:48, December 19, 2017 (UTC)

Please check this page. Sorry, only russian for now. --Korney San (talk) 18:33, January 16, 2018 (UTC)

RE:Signature[edit source]

Hey J, I saw your message and I believe it should be fixed now. Thank you for letting me know. Jon the Don-JBour53 (talk) 01:27, December 22, 2017 (UTC)

Anon block[edit source]

Why did you extend this anon's block? As far as I can see this was their first offense. Did you block for longer because the vandalism was so bad? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 14:32, December 23, 2017 (UTC)

Re: Note images[edit source]

I used a more unncessary method but it worked anyway. With some dedicated image opacity tools I managed to work out the exact damages to the note (the small scars at the bottom for example) and that way adjust the green HUD to be see through with some color correctors and using other tools to enhance the edges. I then added all the things I did to the bottom of the note to function as an "action", which is pretty much an automation tool in Photoshop. That way you can build bots that does some of the work for you, all I have to do now is to name the image and save it, simple as that! All the others changes made to it is done by the "action" I created.

I have now also changed a few things in the script that makes it capable to process other types of notes, like the ones that are ripped in half. If you want to use the bot I created I would be more than happy to send the ATN file for it. Thanks! Jackiboy Logo.png (talk) 19:55, December 23, 2017 (UTC)

Actions For Photoshop[edit source]

Hi Js! I've set up a shared file in OneDrive for you, click HERE to access it. Here's a few instructions for using it, first off you need Photoshop. Simple.
PS Actions Guide Screenshot 1.png
Secondly you will have to import the action into Photoshop, this can be done by opening up Photoshop, go to "Windows" at the top bar and select "Actions" (or just click Alt + F9). On the right I've attached an image to show you in detail (it's in swedish though, but it still demonstrates it rather good).
PS Actions Guide Screenshot 2.png
Now you should have another window open, inside that window you may see already existing actions that are there by default, now all that is left is to import the action and run it. To do so follow the steps in the images on the right and/or read the steps written here.
PS Actions Guide Screenshot 3.png
  • First off you need to click the three horizontal bars at the top right of the actions modal.
  • When clicked a list of options should appear, select "Import actions" or whatever it says.
  • From there, simply select the file you downloaded and it is done!
PS Actions Guide Screenshot 4.png
Now all that is left is to run the action. Now when you've imported the file you should see the name of the action along with an arrow to the left of it, click that arrow. Now you should see the sub section of the action named "Size and Cropping". Yet again click that. Now you need to click run at the bottom of the actions modal (a tradtional "play" button).
One tip is to first of all add the item in-game and then look up in the sky so that the action can easily distinguis the object from the background. This can be seen in the images listed above.
If you have any further questions feel free to ask me! I'm available most of the time! Best regards Jackiboy Logo.png (talk) 23:53, December 24, 2017 (UTC)
Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the error message and the actions window? Perhaps I can see what is wrong if you send it. Sounds strange, might be because of differences between versions, I don't know. Either way send me a screenshot of the problem and I'll take a look. Jackiboy Logo.png (talk) 15:28, December 25, 2017 (UTC)

Changing the directory within the action[edit source]

Ok, I can see the error. It's a mistake by me, the problem is that the action is specific to me, for example, I've set it to save in a specific folder, which you don't have. Also, within the action I set the action to open the "HUD hider" file within that exact directory, that directory being specific to me. To come around this you will have to change the directory it opens the file from and remove the "save" function at the bottom, I will also have to send you the specific file I used for hiding the HUD. I've attached the HUD hider on the right of this text.
FO4 HUD Hider For Notes.png
And before I forget, I will have to tell you how you change the directory within the action:
PS Actions Guide Screenshot 4.png
Within the "Size and Crooping" set, start off by left clicking the last function within the action, that being the function to save the image. Now, left click the three horizontal bars at the top right of the actions window, and left click "delete". With that done we can move to the HUD Hider function.
Left click "Plaatsen" and delete it with the same method used above. Now left click on "Knippen".

From here we need to record a minor function to open the HUD hider image from the selected directory. First off, download the file I attached at the beginning of this message, and save it where ever you like. Now, again, click the three horizontal bars. And left click on "Start recording", from here "Drag and Drop" the HUD Hider file into Photoshop, and click the check mark at the top of the screen to "attach" the image. Now click the three horizontal bars and click "Finish recording".

Now everything should work fine, I also get an error, but that error is no big deal, it's only an error regarding the deletion of selections, but that's about it. I'm not certain that this will fix it, however, if it doesn't work you can easily assemble the action from scratch. Do so only if it doesn't work. Best regards JackiBackiBoy "If you see this coming your way... It's me!" 14:07, December 26, 2017 (UTC)

NotY[edit source]

Sorry J, didn't see your message until today, when I (somehow) suddenly remembered about Nukapedian of the Year. Thankfully it looks like Peace has got it all covered. I remember him taking the initiative to continue the contest last year, and since it was very well organised, I'm glad he's able to do it again. Maybe in the future I'll be able to come back and run the contest again :)

I've been extremely busy with university and work, as I'm preparing to apply to medical school in the spring. Still haven't played the FO4 DLCs though, so when I get to those you might see me popping in back in every now and then. It seems like you and the wiki have been doing very well recently, which is always nice to see.

Happy New Year! --Skire (talk) 23:59, December 26, 2017 (UTC)

Protectron model[edit source]

Hey Jspoel, noticed your edit on a model page and it needed verification so I went ahead and checked it out, you can in fact sell every model to any vendor now. Not sure if it's a recent change or not, but someone on the Xbox was saying they could sell them as well. I took a screenshot for you.

Selling Models to a vendor

Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 03:17, December 30, 2017 (UTC)

NotY board[edit source]

Hey, sorry voor de vertragingen tot nu toe, maar ik heb wat problemen gehad bij het opstellen van de jury. Ben jij geïnteresseerd om dit jaar opnieuw in de jury te zitten? En indien ja, heb jij een bepaalde voorkeur voor de dag of het moment? Ik ben denk ik altijd vrij van nu tot zaterdag en ik zal proberen nog iemand van discussions ook te vinden als jurylid. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 23:36, January 2, 2018 (UTC)

Bedankt! Laatste 2 blogs waren:
-- Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 23:58, January 2, 2018 (UTC)

Spammers[edit source]

I just looked at the IP range that got blocked earlier against the range from last time and it appears to be the exact same range again. They have been getting a lot more aggressive on /d again. Does having it blocked affect any constructive users? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 00:14, January 5, 2018 (UTC)

It doesn't surprise me that there is over 100 on that IP block, I blocked about a dozen or so accounts from the creation log on Christmas Eve. From what you can see in check user, would it be possible to block on common C blocks (e.g., just so we don't have such a huge range permanently banned? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 03:31, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
The format on those ranges looks right to me. The reason for 24 over 16 is because the C class is a 24 bit range, the B class that we usually range block is 16 bit. If you blocked on the A class it would be 8 (e.g. How many ranges have we got in total for the block?
We still have some spam coming through, but it is a lot less aggressive than before. Special:Contributions/Printest appeared to get blocked on the IP, do we get anything on that range too? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 07:59, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
Just done a quick search and the whole 223.119 range is owned by the same telecoms company. Chances are if we drop to the /24 range it might let them back in, but I don't like the idea of the /16 being permanent. Would you be happy to change the blocks over to the 60 /24 ranges and see how it goes? (If you want to send me the ranges I'll do it happily and let you get on with editing).
As for Printrest, would you be able to drop a range block on them for a week, just to see what sort of impact it has? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 16:36, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
All done now, it may be a bit more work on our part, but I'd rather take the softer route with them being long term blocks. Let's see how it goes from here. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:40, January 5, 2018 (UTC)

Centaur Encounter[edit source]

I'll update the photo as soon as I can! It was such an odd encounter and, of course, it happened at night. I'm trying to re-encounter it and get a better image. If I can't get one sometime soon, I'll just delete the current one and leave the info, if that works. Synthsolacer (talk) 02:25, January 5, 2018 (UTC)

Okay, I figured out why it was coming out so low-quality; I didn't realize I'd been playing with the 2x screen scaling on. My only big problem now is that my colors keep coming out too saturated. I don't recall seeing a color option on the in-game menu. Any idea why it's happening?Synthsolacer (talk) 07:52, January 5, 2018 (UTC)

Notice to WRVR[edit source]

I think I remember that note being there, but I'm not at home to verify it again at the moment. I play FO4 on PS4. Great Mara (talk) 23:04, January 5, 2018 (UTC)

Just checked, didn't find it. It is possible that I'm bad at looking for things, or I've picked it up earlier and later dropped it from my inventory, but I very much doubt it. I'm on PC. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 23:09, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
Not there for me. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 23:15, January 5, 2018 (UTC)

Re: Notice to WRVR[edit source]

The note initially didn't appear for me, but after diving into the CK I found out that it only appears after finishing Curtain Call. (To be more precise, when Curtain Call reaches stage 1100, the enable marker MS10RadioSwitcher (refid 001cc1a8) is disabled. Since the note is set to be disabled as long as this enable marker is enabled, the note will then become visible.) That is, using console command setstage MS10b 1100 caused the note to appear right in front of me.
- FDekker talk 23:23, January 5, 2018 (UTC)

Check user[edit source]

It can't hurt to ask, I know Clyde has some very exceptional circumstances around him which means he isn't about that often. I'll talk to Chad when I see him later, (I'm going to be largely unavailable until Wednesday/Thursday now as I am at his and Mélo's wedding Tuesday). I think it may be worth having the rights transferred over, but let's see if Chad wants them first, that way they stay with the Bureaucrats.

On a separate note, can you block all IP addresses associated with Muggy of Higgs Village? Daniel of the Sorrows is someone we don't want around here, I think you've been informed of the situation there already. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 05:07, January 6, 2018 (UTC)

Chad's told me you already discussed it. I'm happy to take on the role if Clyde is happy to relinquish. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 13:45, January 6, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for letting me know (and pass my thanks to Clyde too) Gunny said when he reapplied, staff wanted to see a consensus, so we might need to seek a vote to do the transfer. Let's see what they come back with though. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 01:19, January 9, 2018 (UTC)

( Indeed I am, still kind of surprised that I'm here, considering how long I've been around. I'll let you know how it goes. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 09:04, January 9, 2018 (UTC)

Check user got granted this morning. Spammers decided to give me a test run. Caught a few more. I think having the rights is going to help greatly. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 13:07, January 12, 2018 (UTC)

Magnolia[edit source]

Would you be able to pull Magnolia's dialogue when you have a free moment? I want to try and clear those citation needed tags that were added just now. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:38, January 6, 2018 (UTC)

Vault-Boy Crate Minor Change[edit source]

Hey changing the webpage to make it Vault-Boy crate would be incorrect because it's called VAULT-BOY CRATE in all caps I just didn't want to make it all caps just a little bit thanks for adding the image though I was going to change it but you did it before I had a chance.

SH8D0WREAPER (talk) 00:25, January 8, 2018 (UTC)SH8D0WREAPER

Apologies[edit source]

I'm sorry for not paying more attention to the rules and thank you for fixing my mistakes.

SH8D0WREAPER (talk) 00:42, January 8, 2018 (UTC)SH8D0WREAPER

Do you have nothing better to do with your time? Just trying to make a fun little page for myself.

NotY[edit source]

Hey, I found bleep as third member for our NotY board. Would you be free right now to discuss it quickly? If yes, we'll be over at http://nl.fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Speciaal:Chat - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 21:40, January 9, 2018 (UTC)

Re: Lanius[edit source]

I was on mobile and the edit spanned multiple edits so the revert function was used. Mobile causes errors when trying to edit that I don’t care to repeat. Great Mara (talk) 23:44, January 10, 2018 (UTC)

Pillory[edit source]

Did you create that image yourself? It looks very nice. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 15:31, January 13, 2018 (UTC)

Can you give me a more in-depth tutorial on how to do this? Especially how to get files from the game files to NIFscope. And what is autocontrast, how do I use it? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 15:48, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
Alright, I've extracted the files. The weird thing is that only the meshes folder have nif files in them. The textures one are just empty folders. Is this normal? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 19:26, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
Are the textures automatically applied to the object? Do I have to find the texture files after I've loaded the mesh into nifscope? What do I do now that I have an object loaded up, with no textures. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 20:26, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
We're in business! Got any comments on the toilet image I just uploaded, any improvements? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 22:16, January 13, 2018 (UTC)

Image[edit source]

I usually do that. But isn't it more pointless of you to undelete the old one then upload my image again for so to get a pointless edit on the article? Waste om time. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 15:55, January 14, 2018 (UTC)

Could have just told me on my talk page to ensure I never did such a thing again. Chances are I wouldn't have seen it now. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 16:00, January 14, 2018 (UTC)

Talk pages[edit source]

Hey J! Saw your edit removing all the content from Talk: Vault Dweller's Survival Guide: Pocket Reference Edition. No problem with that, but don't you think it would be better if we let the talkpage template be on the article so that it's completely clear what the page is, and so that we don't have completely empty pages laying around? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 22:58, January 15, 2018 (UTC)

Fair point. But then, why not just delete the talk page altogether? DisgustingWastelander (talk) 23:04, January 15, 2018 (UTC)
Yeah, I can see what you mean about visible deleted pages. Leaving them there might just be alright. DisgustingWastelander (talk) 23:14, January 15, 2018 (UTC)

Savior of the Damned[edit source]

Ya you mentioned that before, but sometimes it doesn't count for me even if I edit multiple things, if you check down my contributions some didn't count even though I know for certain I did on that day, like Dec 28th was one reset for me, when I know I edited on the 28th but it counted as the 29th, I edited at about 3pm, which is normally right past when the day changes on the counter, but the website didn't count it and instead said I edited on the 29th and forgot the 28th, it did the same thing a month prior. I don't know if it's an eternal system problem, but I edit around the same time every day, and most of the time try to edit again a few hours later just encase. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 23:01, January 17, 2018 (UTC)

Just reset itself again after I was 18 days in this time, says I missed a day on the 12th, yet it didn't reset on the 12th and I had an edit then, actually 2 on the Child page, but it's counting it as the 11th when it said the 12th yesterday. There is something bugged with the counter, that's 4 times in total now that it has reset for me. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 07:10, January 19, 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for taking the time to look into this, and as I suspected they are showing two completely different things. Sorry about the quality, I have a crappy phone, but this is clearly from my contributions page, taken 5 minutes ago. Notice anything different on my end? Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 21:16, January 19, 2018 (UTC)
So my clock resets at 4pm my time? Why does it say I made multiple edits on the 18th for me, but not for you? Shouldn't it count for me, if I made the edit on that day, instead it reset itself. I don't get that whole system if it says I mad an edit on the correct day, but it's the next day for you. Just at a loss really, like why isn't it set on my 24 hour clock for me? Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 11:22, January 20, 2018 (UTC)
Alright edit after work is what your saying, I just wasn't getting how the entire system worked, kinda annoying really, when edits were saying I did so on a certain day but the thing reset anyways. I might just skip trying to do it, even though I've been on every day for over a year. Thank you for pointing things out and explaining it. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 09:16, January 21, 2018 (UTC)

References[edit source]

Hey spoel,

As someone who regularely edits on The Elder Scrolls wikia, I kind of noticed something on this wiki, and was wondering if you'd be willing to help me. I've noticed that on this wiki there is a lack of references for many things on the lore pages. I was curious if I was just overlooking something, or if there truly are none?

If there are none, why are they not added? 00:21, January 18, 2018 (UTC)

Edit war from earlier[edit source]

Hi J, I've left messages on both ends as promised. I agree the edit itself didn't deserve to be fully reverted, even at the point I set status quo this morning, I was just trying to uphold policy. I also made my feeling known about general's behaviour. Although I understand it, I felt it needed to be pointed out that it isn't something I would consider acceptable for anyone, regardless of past treatment elsewhere. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:52, January 19, 2018 (UTC)

Video categories[edit source]

I noticed the videos category was kind of messy, so I decided to bring some structure into it by adding subcategories. I've categorised some videos so far (using my bot account, see its contributions). I've made a start, but before I continue to do all of them (it's not that many anyway), do you have any feedback? Currently I've created the subcategories "User page videos" and "Blog post videos", but maybe I shouldn't just categorise in the dimension of "where it's posted", but also "what's in it". For example, I could also create categories such as "Music videos" and "Game trailers". What do you think?
- FDekker talk 13:08, January 22, 2018 (UTC)

Italian interwiki[edit source]

Just noticed it. You are too kind. Thanks :) Roger555 (talk) 12:26, January 26, 2018 (UTC)

Yes I'm italian. The translators kept the word "vault" so that's what is used in the italian fallout community. Most of the articles were made a few years ago, before the wiki was abandoned, and i just started and I also imported other from the second wiki that was made, because the guy didn't know he could have adopted it, but that's now closed. I'm still to put evrything in order, I just rapidly saved the usefull infos, but first I want to do some basic info articles. Of course any help is appreciated. Roger555 (talk) 14:54, January 26, 2018 (UTC)

Cooking Oil[edit source]

Are you 100% positive Merchants sell Cooking oil? I checked every vendor in the game that I know about last night in a 3 hour stretch and not one was selling any, and after I looted the 20 or so that are found as static items in the game I have yet to find anymore, unless the location respawns. Is it really a common item? Just wondering, since I used most of them foolishly not realizing it would be useful for a CC crafting station. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 00:04, January 28, 2018 (UTC)

Ya it might be good to put all of the locations that we can find it on the page, even the spots where it's only one. That diner seems to be the only spot I keep finding an extra after I've looted the rest. I checked Leonard, he didn't have any. Though I initially did forget about that trader. I wish I would have saved them though, I was only able to build 3 locations for Slocum's Joe with Doughnut Machines. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 00:38, January 29, 2018 (UTC)

Video categories (2)[edit source]

I've categories all blog, user page, talk page, and forum videos. The videos that are currently uncategorised are Fallout trailers, soundtracks and guide videos, and some videos I didn't know what to do with (I'll leave those for last). I think the soundtrack videos form the bulk of the videos. I was thinking of the following categorisation (where the X is 1/2/3/New Vegas/4/etc.), which basically mirrors the image categories:

  • Videos
    • Fallout X videos
      • Fallout X trailer videos
      • Fallout X soundtrack videos
      • Fallout X miscellaneous videos
        ^ This is where the guide videos go
      • Fallout X cutscene videos
    • Fallout Y videos
      • same as above

The cutscene category is only really applicable to Fallout 1 and 2, so I won't create it for the other games.

Naturally, many of the soundtrack videos will be added to the soundtrack categories of multiple games.

What do you think? Solid plan?
- FDekker talk 12:09, January 29, 2018 (UTC)

Most add-ons have only very few videos (I'd say no more than 10), so I doubt that would be worth the effort.
- FDekker talk 14:49, January 29, 2018 (UTC)

Creation Club[edit source]

I think we might need to take a look at the policy again. The half and half with the articles feels more like the communities personal feelings, plus it is confusing for casual editors. I certainly want something where there is a gamelore connection. Worth bringing up now or wait a bit? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:52, January 30, 2018 (UTC)

I'll arrange it in a day or two, going to focus on the ban limit discussion and see if we can get everything in a way that works. Weekend would be an ideal time to get conversation started. Mentioned it on discord a week ago and was told we have bigger priorities, which I disagree with personally.
P.s. just noticed you have a couple of }} at the top of your user page. Thought I'd let you know. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 12:48, January 31, 2018 (UTC)
I know what you mean about how much I edit. Too much on my plate at present, so I've been prioritising what I can do a bit more. Plenty of things I still want to do and a lot of ideas left to look into. I'm not going anywhere and I hope to pick back up. Want to hit the 11,500 the day I get saviour of the damned. 300 edits in 11 days can be done I think. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 13:03, January 31, 2018 (UTC)

Patrollership rights[edit source]

Salutations J,

I was thinking in getting some patrolling rights to help inspect, organize and correct the interwiki links throughout the wiki; it seems to me that Dekker been doing that a lot in the past months. Since i don't want to give more work for you guys from the EN, i'd like to help, like i did a few weeks ago with the German Fallout 4 Brotherhood of Steel Quest article links that were missing.

Dragão Carmesim Howdy! 16:29, February 2, 2018 (UTC)

Dialogue[edit source]

I've just flipped the holotapes section so it runs in line now. Topic ID's don't seem to run in any sort of specific order to be able to set a definitive sort from what I have seen. The rest of the dialogue looks fine from an ordering standpoint, unless I'm missing something glaring obvious. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 13:21, February 4, 2018 (UTC)

No project v13 portal in the wiki navigation bar[edit source]

Project v13 in the wiki navigation bar doesn't link to the portal but to the game page. Is it a mistake?Roger555 (talk) 14:15, February 8, 2018 (UTC)

Courier[edit source]

Hi J,

I know you crats do discuss things elsewhere at times, but I'm not sure of what you do and don't know. Considering Courier's personal circumstances we have let him resign by informal means. Wants to let you know as you'll probably be one of first to see it this side. Chad is already aware. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:18, February 10, 2018 (UTC)

Some new images[edit source]

I hope U like it.






KPThug™ 23:08, February 11, 2018 (UTC)

Video categories (3)[edit source]

I'm continuing work on categorising videos, and I stumbled upon Fallout 4 - The Wanderer Trailer. The video is broken (removed from YouTube), but it is still used by one of Agent C's blog posts. We have an alternative video available here, but I am unable to edit Agent C's blog post to use the correct video. Do I just ignore this and remove the broken video, or what?
- FDekker talk 11:13, February 12, 2018 (UTC)

Thanks. Thing is, I'm sure there are many more videos with this problem. Maybe I should run for admin just to change this ;-)
Also, what happened to the categories in your edit?
- FDekker talk 13:36, February 12, 2018 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.