|This page contains archived information from User talk:Jspoelstra. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
- 1 Avery Lee
- 2 Jules Verne
- 3 Please rename
- 4 Vote
- 5 Flare gun (Fallout 4)
- 6 Using the infobox location
- 7 Clarification Please
- 8 Someone wants a block
- 9 Marine armor helmet
- 10 Spammer
- 11 Fallout 4 craftable items
- 12 Ohai
- 13 Fallout 4 Feral Ghoul Organization
- 14 Navbox and categories
- 15 Patroller
- 16 User removing talkpage
- 17 Fallout 4 crafting
- 18 Vandal
- 19 All Roads Book Cover
- 20 Tables
- 21 Pip Boy 3000 IV edit
- 22 x-13
- 23 Broken Banner
- 24 Fallout Shelter images
- 25 Images
- 26 infoboxes
- 27 Vault-Tec Workshop and upcoming content
- 28 Strange User
- 29 Usage of the wiki policies
- 30 Vault 88 blueprint
- 31 2 messages from MJM
- 32 Transcripts and Terminal Entries
- 33 My first week
- 34 Falloutwiki database dump consistency
- 35 Redirects
- 36 Fallout App
- 37 Recent Changes
- 38 Icons and crafting
- 39 Fast Travel Target deletion
- 40 Milton Hospital
- 41 Grandchester Mystery Mansion
- 42 Nuka-mixer
- 43 Reporting a Defacement
- 44 Log in again?
- 45 Mentioned-only characters
- 46 Slight bit of confusion over new consumables
- 47 Name of the Quest Hunter/Hunted
- 48 Re: Patroller
- 49 Who died and made you God?
- 50 Ghoulrillas and Gorillas
- 51 Capitalization
- 52 Western Revolver
- 53 New consumable addiction properties?
- 54 Top Contributors
- 55 File names
- 56 Cruz (disambiguation) deletion question
- 57 Featured content missing from Fallout's mobile main page
- 58 Underscores vs. no underscores in links
- 59 TomSB
- 60 Vats of Goo
- 61 About my sandbox
- 62 SierraX
- 63 Alien (Fallout 4)
- 64 Item location help
- 65 Checkuser
- 66 Sanctuary
- 67 Plastic skulls
- 68 Patroller application
- 69 ProfileTags script
- 70 Raider signal flag
- 71 The Castle
- 72 TP
- 73 Pulp/Laser
- 74 The Replacement
- 75 Spam blog post
- 76 Problem
- 77 Help/Report
- 78 Vault 11
- 79 Silver Shroud, et al
- 80 Vandalism
- 81 Bobbleheads
- 82 Sole Survior
- 83 18.104.22.168
- 84 Sorry
- 85 hello-Check it out
- 86 Happy birthday here at Nukapedia
- 87 Image medal
- 88 Ban request
- 89 Vandalism
- 90 About The Radium Rifle/VG1-5
- 91 Edit warring user
- 92 tour bot
- 93 The Commonwealth?
- 94 Holy Frag Grenades
- 95 100$ NCR
- 96 Gauss rifle
- 97 Local Maps Images
- 98 Pictures
- 99 Videos on pages
- 100 Staff Requirements (Patroller?)
Avery Lee[edit source]
Hm, I can't exactly find anything in the history of Far Harbor (add-on) page. Probably was just a typo, which caused the page to be created. 21:44, May 26, 2016 (UTC)
Jules Verne[edit source]
I just created this page after he was mentioned in the Eden Meadows Cinemas terminal entries. Off course I know he actually existed and thus i have kept it short and only with info obtained from ingame. Is this good? I want to do the same with the 'characters' mentioned in the Beaver Creek Lanes terminal entries, but as Peace'n Hugs has mentioned in his edit, those are also existing people. Can i do the same with those? Or do you think the articles need tweaking (in the state as i did with Jules Verne), or do you rather not want articles on them? Kennyannydenny (talk) 14:21, May 27, 2016 (UTC)
- Ok thanks! I wasn't planning on creating the bowling teams, and it wasn't me who added the links. Anyhow, i'll do that than :) Kennyannydenny (talk) 14:44, May 27, 2016 (UTC)
- After doing some research on Google i couldn't find anything about professional bowlers with names matching these. So i've added the articles as normal, without any external link (except for Jules Verne off course :P). Kennyannydenny (talk) 15:21, May 27, 2016 (UTC)
Please rename[edit source]
I've removed an anon's vote at the user request. However, when the anon asked if there is a policy, I can't exactly find the line that states unregistered users cannot vote. The only closest thing I found is here, stating "In addition, administrators reserve the right to require voters' rationales for voting on certain polls, if and only if they feel a necessity." Is there a more specific line involving this case? 17:30, June 3, 2016 (UTC)
Flare gun (Fallout 4)[edit source]
Re: Flare gun (Fallout 4) Hi, I recently made an edit correcting the baseid of an item and you immediately reversed it. I believe this is incorrect due to an error message I got in the Fallout 4 console using the baseid listed on the wiki. I discussed this on the talk page before editing and went ahead and edited after I did not get a reply. Please see here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Flare_gun_(Fallout_4)#Correct_baseid Thanks, Koskla (talk) 17:59, June 8, 2016 (UTC)
Using the infobox location[edit source]
You recently added a couple buildings in Diamond City and I added those buildings to the Diamond City page, in the Buildings section. There's around 30 buildings in this location, are we supposed to mention them all in the infobox or only the most important ones (i.e. the ones that are quest related)? If we put all the buildings in the infobox I think we might as well remove the Buildings section from the article since it would only be a repetition. --YOD 18:37, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for the answer. I appreciate the guidance. --YOD 22:22, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
Clarification Please[edit source]
Could you please point me in the direction of what constitutes Notable Loot just for future clarification, Thanks.
Someone wants a block[edit source]
Marine armor helmet[edit source]
I was wondering why you removed the three full helmets from Fallout 4 armor and clothing. The tactical helmet is completely unique compared to the standard marine armor (texture, stats, etc). Also, there is no "Marine armor helmet" in game, only the "Assault marine armor helmet," which can not be modified into a inquisitor or zealot version and, as far as I know, only one of exists in the game. I understand if you don't think the Recon Marine helmet should be included, but I think it should, as both the standard Combat armor helmet and the unique Commando helmet are included in the Hats list on the same page.
22.214.171.124 08:24, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you with this but a strange user spammed the forum with advertisement for their own business of counterfeit documents, passports and driving licenses. I'm not too familiar with the forum policies but I doubt advertising this kind of content is legitimate on Wikia. --126.96.36.199 14:37, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
- You can ignore the last message. It has already been dealt with. --188.8.131.52 15:08, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
Fallout 4 craftable items[edit source]
Thanks for the help on the materials, I tend to go a bit too fast over some edits when I have to do 20 that are very similar. I am now trying to update the infoboxes for all the items that can be used to craft ammo, consumables... in Fallout 4.
I have encountered a singularity and I'm not sure how to deal with it: the Berserk syringe uses the Template:Infobox ammo gamebryo and at the same time it can be used to craft Fury but the template does not allow a field such as |component of=. The same problem occurs with Flamer fuel (Fallout 4) that can be used Jet Fuel. Should we update the infobox template just for this unique case?
--YOD 03:56, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
That's good, because I've been skulking around here anyways. ;D Thanks for the wishes, though - hope you have been doing alright lately. 寧靜 18:55, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
Fallout 4 Feral Ghoul Organization[edit source]
Hey, Jspoelstra, I have a question. There has been some back-and-forth about how we are suppose to organize pages. The notable ghouls section of the FO4 Feral Ghoul page was listed by last name alphabetical order, are we doing that or is it alphabetical order by the in-game names that we encounter? Either way, at first glance the section looks disorganized right now. --Musiekutsueki (talk) 22:13, June 26, 2016 (UTC)
So, Jspo, you're telling me that on that page we do not need to sort them by family? Just first name alphabetical EXCEPT for DLC feral ghouls to whom I would place in alphabetical order at the end of the page. I just want to be sure about what we are suppose to do because people are flipping and flopping on this page :P. --Musiekutsueki (talk) 04:04, June 29, 2016 (UTC)
Some navbox templates like Template:Navbox Far Harbor are placed in 2 categories: Category:Navbox templates and Category:Far Harbor. I'm planning to clean up the already existing category tags of all those navboxes since they do not sort well on the category page. Should I align all those pages on the model of Template:Navbox Far Harbor or should I keep only one category on the model Template:Navbox locations FO4?
In other words, here's the two kind of edits I can do:
- Option 1: one category.
- Example: Goodneighbor navbox.
- Benefit: Navboxes will not be listed in the general categories and it will not confuse inexperienced users.
- Option 2: two categories.
If you chose the first option, there's a couple navboxes for which I wouldn't know what extra category to pick up so I'll keep track of the advancement on a list in my subpages.
This is probably trivial but the changes will affect ~270 pages and I'd like to be sure before making the edits. --YOD 17:44, June 27, 2016 (UTC)
User removing talkpage[edit source]
Please could you look at the user Valetski. They have removed ban information and other items from their talkpage after being warned not to do so previously.
Dweller111 (talk) 10:03, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
Fallout 4 crafting[edit source]
Hey it's me again. I have done a lot of edits on consumables and craftable items the past week. I mostly added links inside infoboxes to show which items can be crafted from another. I encountered something that could be an issue: when using the component of field of the infobox we do not specify the crafting station that is used to craft each item. It was not a problem until Contraptions Workshop came along and allowed to craft items from the base game by using only items from the base game and a crafting table from the add-on. Since it can be confusing for people who do not own the add-on, I came up with 3 proposals.
If you prefer I'd develop those kind of suggestions on the forum or on a blog post then just tell me.
I also started a [[User:YoDsanklai/Template:Navbox_crafting_FO4|Navbox draft]] for the crafting-related articles in Fallout 4. I could use some input about what I'm missing. I'm have not defined yet which pages I could put the navbox on.
- If we want to look ahead and anticipate future needs we could use icons for the following crafting tables: Workshop (base game), Robot workbench (Automatron), and all the Contraptions Workshop crafting tables. The most needed ones are the Explosives mill and the Food processor.
- I created Template:Navbox crafting FO4 and added it to the crafting components and crafting tables.
- I also moved the crafting components category under junk items and created a dedicated image subcategory. I think it is an improvement and if you think it is not then all of it can easily be reverted manually and the most tedious parts can also easily be reverted with a bot and basic string replacement. Maybe I'm doubting myself for nothing. --YOD (ಠ_ಠ) 04:41, July 6, 2016 (UTC)
- As far as I know. Not possible to checkuser an anon with different IPs, but I do know that 166.137 is a repeat offender who jumps from IP to another IP. --Cassie ~可愛いの猫 08:16, July 7, 2016 (UTC)
All Roads Book Cover[edit source]
From my personal collection. I hope U like it.
Regards, KPThug 22:45, July 7, 2016 (UTC)
We have an issue. The collapsible collapsed argument that we use when declaring tables is not working anymore. Most of, if not all, the navboxes are affected along with companion's ranges of interests and other pages. --YOD ╚(•⌂•)╝ 18:10, July 9, 2016 (UTC)
Hi, I saw you removed some of my Edits on Red Rocket Truckshop. I just want to know what I did wrong in regards to the edit and if so where I can add tips for Survival Mode.
Just wondering why you reverted the changes on the PipBoy 300 IV page yesterday as Vault 88 is now confirmed as being in the Vault-Tec Workshop DLC
Look at the image
Pip Boy 3000 IV edit[edit source]
Just wondering why you reverted the changes on the PipBoy 300 IV page yesterday as Vault 88 is now confirmed as being in the Vault-Tec Workshop DLC
Look at the image
Would it not have made more sense to remove the LAER in the notable loot if you thought it was redundant rather than revert my work and restore the "Notes" section to a wall-of-text? As it stands one LAER isn't noteworthy, an LAER, 5 ammo boxes, a duffle bag, a greasy toolbox, an electrical box and a freakin' wrench are noteworthy being all in the same spot. The former reads as something unimportant, the latter sounds as if it's worth investigating; especially if you already have an LAER. Point is, it's not the only thing up there. If what I did wasn't up to wikia standards for formatting, why couldn't it be fixed, most of these older pages are a flipping mess. Hell, let me know and I'd have fixed it. 184.108.40.206 14:20, July 11, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for even acknowledging my question, too busy deleting people's work and putting up pictures. If that's how you'd like to 'resolve' this fine, that just creates more work as I won't be helping fix spelling and grammar errors. Enjoy! 220.127.116.11 05:56, July 12, 2016 (UTC)
Broken Banner[edit source]
Hey Js, I am notifying you and the rest of the B'crats, the links banner at the top of the page seems to have broken. Links to the individual games, and their content articles have vanished, all our links to policies projects, etc. have disappeared as well. I'm not sure if their is anything you can do on your end, but we should probably get this fixed soon. ---bleep196- (talk) 14:10, July 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Nvm Js, the issue seems to have resolved itself. ---bleep196- (talk) 15:12, July 12, 2016 (UTC)
Fallout Shelter images[edit source]
Hey why are you reverting my edits? I was making the numbers coincide with the Fallout 4 magazine page and you are just undoing the effort I took to do that.... Ultimasta (talk) 15:49, July 15, 2016 (UTC)
What on earth has happened to the infoboxes? They seem to have all gone to that horrid default blue instead of the Vault thing they had going. Has Wikia put that new infobox on here or something?
14:50, July 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Just a note, i've also been having the same thing happen on and off for the last few days now - Dweller111 17:29, July 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I know recently we had Wikia asking us about some new infoboxes (W:C:Callofduty:Forum:Greetings from Vanguard: Portable Infoboxes). It's possible that's related. 18:01, July 20, 2016 (UTC)
Vault-Tec Workshop and upcoming content[edit source]
Hey. I noticed LordKmTube has been adding a bit of content on VTW related pages but the add-on is still in beta. I'm not certain as to what the policy we have concerning this and non-disclosure agreements. --YOD (◣_◢) 13:47, July 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Could you take a look at this note (From Brenda to Lee) and that one (Pickman's a psycho!) next time you open the Creation Engine? Both notes use the same transcript and have different IDs but I can't find the location of the second one. The What links here tool is useless when we have 600 pages that use the FO4 holodisks and notes navbox. --YOD (◣_◢) 20:53, July 25, 2016 (UTC)
Strange User[edit source]
Can you tell me anything about this user? It comes into chat occasionally, only displaying the time in UTC + 3. It appears as though whenever the word "time" is spoken, it displays the Cyrillic transliteration of time: "Time = Время". Sometimes it says "Квпрвл", which upon entering into a translation software, lists gibberish (Kvprvl). Lastly, the "person's" username translates to "Brenna Spirit". It sounds like a name to me, but I could be wrong. Regardless, the person is very peculiar. I was wondering if perhaps a checkuser run could find anything out, or if there are other bureaucratic tools that could find something out about them. Thanks. Sigmund Fraud Talk Contributions 23:15, July 26, 2016 (UTC)
Usage of the wiki policies[edit source]
Would you have any objections to me using the Nukapedia policies and guidelines as a template for creating policies and guidelines at the Shawshank Redemption Wiki? It's currently not well maintained so I'm trying to tidy it up and make it more welcoming and presentable to editors. Thanks. - Dweller111 08:58, July 27, 2016 (UTC)
- Awesome, the guidelines are well organised here so it'll be of great help. Will do, thanks for the advice! - Dweller111 19:00, July 27, 2016 (UTC)
Vault 88 blueprint[edit source]
I don't know how the wiki works but could you add the Blueprint to the Vault 88 section? Darziak
2 messages from MJM[edit source]
Transcripts and Terminal Entries[edit source]
I'm sort of new here and was wondering how to get nice copies of terminal entries and the transcript of radio broadcasts. Because, well, just hearing it and writing it down manually can lead to some mistakes and also some terminal entries are quite long to rewrite. So I wanted to know how you or others do it.
18:31, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
- Now that's a lot of things for me to learn. Thanks for sharing the info. 20:06, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
My first week[edit source]
As this is my first week here (I think it's more like 5~6 days, but...), I wanted to know how well I'm doing.
I'm trying to help as I can, and I hope I'm not just messing things up.
So I wanted to hear from someone more experienced, how I'm going, what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong, what I could improve and how.
I'm quite new to all of this, but I'm doing my best to learn the things around here.
Thanks for all the help so far!
18:31, July 30, 2016 (UTC)
Falloutwiki database dump consistency[edit source]
Hi there, It's me again about this mediawiki database dump (wich located here http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Statistics)
I just found out it doesn't not contain some articles.
For example, it contains this one: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_House_Always_Wins_I but doesn't contain all II to VIII: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_House_Always_Wins_II http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_House_Always_Wins_III ... http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_House_Always_Wins_VIII
Could you please check, if this dump was generated without any errors?...
Could you be able to get the REF-ID that the USS Democracy has, I recently created the page. Here it is: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Democracy
Fallout App[edit source]
Hey Jspoelstra! I just wanted to give you a heads up that we will be temporarily removing the Fallout app promo banner in the right rail on the main page. We're removing it because of a minor technical issue and are hoping to have them restored in a week or so. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about this! Witnessme (talk) 17:32, August 9, 2016 (UTC)
Recent Changes[edit source]
Icons and crafting[edit source]
I'm just passing here in the middle of the holidays. I made an edit on the Condensed fog article infobox. Is it what you had in mind with the icons? If you want to make cosmetic modifications I'll use them as a template for my next edits.
--YOD (◣_◢) 00:55, August 19, 2016 (UTC)
Fast Travel Target deletion[edit source]
Hi, first off thank you for your edits, you have been helping me learn how this Wiki does things. I do have one concern. I had uploaded an image: that was intended to illustrate the article I was going to write for Fast travel target.
Before I could get to the article itself, the image was deleted by you without comment. The Upload image page advises me to talk to the administrator who deleted the image before re-uploading it, so that's what I'm doing. May I reupload the image, or was there something wrong with it that I need to address, first?
Milton Hospital[edit source]
Hey J. I think you were the one who marked Milton General Hospital for cleanup and said it was way too detailed. If you want to, take a look when you get a chance and see if it fits better now. StormRider71 (talk) 03:20, August 31, 2016 (UTC)
Grandchester Mystery Mansion[edit source]
Needless to say, this attraction is awesome! But that's not why i contacted you :) I've found several (new) robot types in this mansion which i've added to their respective pages. I'm not sure though if these were available before. It's the Gunner Protectron chef, Gunner protectron, Gunner assaultron dominator, and Gunner Mr. Handy.
Could you please check in the creation kit of these types were added by Nuka-World or that these were already available before? Thanks in advance! :) Kennyannydenny (talk) 12:32, September 1, 2016 (UTC)
Can you help me make a Nuka-mixer page?
I'm making it now
Reporting a Defacement[edit source]
Someone with this IP Address: 18.104.22.168 defaced the page for Queen mirelurk meat. I rectified this problem, but am not sure how to go about reporting or blocking someone, so I'm just sending this to an Admin in hopes something will be done. Thanks!
--22.214.171.124 14:56, September 2, 2016 (UTC)
Log in again?[edit source]
I never used to have to log in again to post comments on blogs, but today I visit and I can't post at all. There' a little link below the categories about logging in to post comments. I'm already logged in, obviously. Can you please explain this? Leea (talk) 12:00, September 3, 2016 (UTC)
Mentioned-only characters[edit source]
Hi Jspoelstra, first of all, sorry to bother you again, I don't want to be a burden. I have a another quick question. Some of the mentioned-only character pages, related to Nuka-World, I've created have been nominated for deletion. This regards: [[Maria (Nuka-World)|Maria]], [[Nick (Nuka-World)|Nick]], [[Ryan (Nuka-World)|Ryan]], Rob, [[Liz (Nuka-World)|Liz]], [[Mike (Nuka-World)|Mike]], [[Kevin (Nuka-World)|Kevin]], Edgemont, and Boone.
I really didn't expect that since we created pages like this for a long time, for example: Barb. This page contains just as much as my created pages, so I didn't expect just these to be marked for deletion as not notable. Are these people indeed not notable? If so, shouldn't we delete some of the older pages we have too? There are a lot more mentioned only character pages with not much content. Kennyannydenny (talk) 18:54, September 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Ok thanks for the answer! I've sent him a message. Kennyannydenny (talk) 19:13, September 3, 2016 (UTC)
- After discussing the subject I think me and Palladin117 can better agree to disagree. I've updated several articles so that they do meet the standards Paladin117 requested, unfortunately about the rest of the people isn't much other infomation available. So it seems like the rest are at the mercy of an admin's decision. Kennyannydenny (talk) 08:01, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
Slight bit of confusion over new consumables[edit source]
Just wondering but can you heck to see if patch 1.7 has made it so either the Wasteland Survivor rank 1 or rank 3 perk now affects sodas? Or if that has always been the case? There's more on the Talk:Wasteland Survival and Nuka Cola Quantum (Fallout 4) page pertaining to this. Great Mara (talk) 03:01, September 4, 2016 (UTC)
Name of the Quest Hunter/Hunted[edit source]
- We had this issue on the CoD wiki with the MG08/15. We managed to fix it by no longer having an "MG08" page (which was a redirect page at the time). However this may not work here as your "Hunted" page has a lot of information on it that I assume cannot be moved. 16:22, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
- I figured as much given how full the page is. However I still figured you might want to know about our experience with it. 16:42, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
Re: Patroller[edit source]
Thanks J. I really appreciate it. I was going to ask you, but I figured you were busy with edits and stuff. You're a machine, my friend. Thanks again. StormRider71 (talk) 01:13, September 7, 2016 (UTC)
Who died and made you God?[edit source]
Can us users please stop getting your low quality opinions on extremely well researched posts to this wiki reversed, please? I'd like to properly contribute to this wiki, but my accurate posts keep getting reversed by incorrect persons like yourself. We should expect that this place would be more welcoming to new users, but your actions say otherwise. Will you tolerate other users playing with the toy you don't own? 126.96.36.199 03:54, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
Ghoulrillas and Gorillas[edit source]
Hello, I noticed that the new creatures added in Nuka-World known as Ghoulrillas were put on the Gorilla page. According to wikia precedent, if an animal of some sort mutates and is renamed into something new, it traditionally gets its own page as a new creature. This is proven by the Human, Ghoul, and Super mutant pagee and many others. All of these are different mutated variants of the same species yet they all are given new pages because they are a new creature. I cannot think of any occurrence in the past where representations of the original species and a new mutated version have been put together on the same page.
It must also be taken into account that the original gorilla page was made and intended for Synthetic gorillas, ones that are not natural or related to Ghoulrillas. Even if they are both very similar in appearance and AI, that does not mean they can be put together as one, for lore purposes. I would like to request that Ghoulrilla be given their own page, separate from Gorilla. --Opifex1 (talk) 04:46, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
I get your point that they look and act similar, but the lore of the "Gorilla" says that they are synthetic and not biological gorillas. That is completely different from a Ghoulrilla because they mutated from actual biological gorillas in game. The "Gorilla" page should have the robot and computers infobox and not the creature one since all synths are listed as robots and computers. This causes the dilemma of having a biological creature and a robot sharing the same page. Since this is such a special circumstance that there are 2 similar creatures in game with very different lore and background I strongly suggest making two separate pages to keep them organized in the correct categories. You also stated that it doesn't show up in the search bar anymore, meaning it will be hard to find. Like I said before, I cannot think of any occurrence in the past where the pre-war "original" species and a new mutated version have been put together in the same game. --Opifex1 (talk) 04:24, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
I've recently edited the All Aboard page to remove the capital "G" at "gunners", so that it fits the Fallout_Wiki:Editing_guideline#Capitalizing. But after that, you changed it back to the way it was before, with the capital "G". I'm leaving this message here just to make sure if I did something wrong by changing that. By reading the guidelines and comparing it to other pages, I think that the "G" shouldn't be capitalized, but I could be wrong.
Incorrect: A Raider killed a Super Mutant with an Assault Rifle.
17:15, September 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for explaining me why it's capitalized. That reason came to my mind before asking, but I ended up asking anyway after not having a clear answer on the editing guidelines. I believe this case falls into the "If it's not clear whether a name is a proper name or a common one, naming should be discussed and decided on a case by case basis" section there. 18:39, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
- I've added this example to the editing guidelines to help others that might have the same question. If it's not suitable to be there, then simply revert my edit. But I guess I managed to make it clear there. I hope so. Thanks again. 18:54, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
Western Revolver[edit source]
I've added a higher quality version of the western revolver image to the WesternPistol.png, but I don't know how to change it to the current image for the infobox. It still uses the one you uploaded, at least on my end. JMA4269 (talk) 01:04, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Never mind, seems that I just had to wait for a while. JMA4269 (talk) 01:11, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
New consumable addiction properties?[edit source]
I was wondering if you'd be able to see if any of these drinks had an addiction effect if you had time later. It's taking a long while trying to mix up batches of drinks manually in-game to check. I've seen the Nuka-Cola Dark effect for myself, but downing around 15 ice cold Nuka-Cola Darks didn't cause an addiction effect for some reason. The nuka-mixed drinks that contain alcohol and med-x are on a list on my sandbox page, here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User%3AGreat_Mara/sandbox#Addictive.3F Great Mara (talk) 17:37, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you. Although it seems a bit odd that it would only be those three. Otherwise, I'm not sure an adminship run would be with flying colors. Also lacking the PC games for GECK files is another problem. My laptop right now can't even run New Vegas properly and what money I do end up saving is usually going to auto or vet bills instead of a new PC. Great Mara (talk) 00:26, September 11, 2016 (UTC)
hello jpolestra have a problem in my ps3 I can not escuhar 's music radio galaxy and have made the mission could help me fix it . Thank you
Top Contributors[edit source]
I've wanted to ask this for a long time now, and just happened to remember, so I'll ask before I forget about it again.
I noticed that when browsing wiki pages on my mobile device, there's a section quite at the bottom of the page called "Top Contributors to this article", and while browsing on the PC, such section is nowhere to be found.
Just wanted to check if it's supposed to be this way, if there's any option I can enable to show that on PC or if it's already there and I'm blind.
18:07, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh, and by the way, I'm asking you this because you've been around here for, well, almost forever and you probably know everything or almost everything there is to know here. 18:08, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
- This is what I'm talking about: screenshot
22:10, September 18, 2016 (UTC)
- This is what I'm talking about: screenshot
File names[edit source]
- Never mind, it's weird. A while ago, I would save an image and name it something like "FO4NW Sharpshooter western revolver.jpg", but when I upload it onto a page it would appear as "FO4NW_Sharpshooter_western_revolver.jpg" and removing the underscores would remove the image. But now that you've mentioned that, all of my images that haven't been updated have spaces, so I don't get it. Guess it doesn't matter now, it was just something that used to bug me. JMA4269 (talk) 23:25, September 19, 2016 (UTC)
Cruz (disambiguation) deletion question[edit source]
I believe the page for Cruz: Disambiguation well deserves to exist. I cannot see a reason why it shouldn't; according to the Fallout Wikia, if a certain word may refer to more than one given page, disambiguation pages are requested to be created. For that matter, scrolling down the Disambiguation category page, I find numerous pages for that which only two articles are being distinguished (Cruz: Disambiguation would distinguish between three, not a lot, but how come it deserves to be deleted and not the rest?) And finally, - no disrespect to you, JSP - why should the page be deleted anyways? It's not like we're trying to save 'website space', and the page contains no harmful functionality. Is it unnecessary in general? Likely so. But even the smallest bit of function, if there is nothing bad on the page, should have its place. What wrong can it do?
Featured content missing from Fallout's mobile main page[edit source]
I noticed there's no featured content curated for your mobile main page. There are great featured categories, but the featured content section at the top is empty. This is a bit of missed opportunity since that's the first thing users of the Fallout community app and mobile visitors see, and the best spot for showcasing your best and most current content.
It'd be great to have something linked there, and I'm sure you could think of a few great topics visitors would be interested in. Do you think you might consider putting some of your top content there? Or did you maybe even have content there before, but had to remove it? If that's the case, I'd love to know why you needed to remove it. Maybe there's a problem with the feature that I can help you with?
Hi J, I'll reply to this if you don't mind. I'm redoing the front page, and the mobile page was going to follow after that's done. My plan for featured content will be reusable in the mobile page. Agent c (talk) 10:52, September 21, 2016 (UTC)
- I added the content you suggested to the mobile main page by basically moving it from the category "Nuka World" that was the first featured category straight to the big featured content section at the top. I think that makes that content quite a bit more noticeable. I didn't run into any problems while doing so, but if stuff vanishes again when you make changes or with future updates, please let me know! Mira Laime (help forum | blog) 07:53, September 22, 2016 (UTC)
Just out of curiosity, does removing/adding underscores for ref. links to other articles actually change anything (since the spaces are automatically changed to underscores when link is pressed) or is it just a consistency/OCD thing? If so, cool, I've got a great deal of OCD myself but, just wondering what does it do? NomadMC (talk) 00:50, September 22, 2016 (UTC) P.S. Yeah, I can use web editors (Classic wikia is very nice actually) but I'm pretty newbie to the concept of source code, so if it involves source code I might not understand much in that direction.
Hi this is TomSBicanic what is wrong with my edits of hubologists as it was difficult for me to find particular names of the followers of the group and the AHS experiments they preform. It was also linking the other pages together. I know the fond size was weirdly bigger but it defeats you goal of being the best wiki around when info is missing.
I try and help make the hubologists complete by adding followers and add more to the camp and link other characters of the group together and it gets deleted. This is the opposite to your goal which is to make this wiki the best around. Very frustrating to find answers and having to go to gampedia or general Google search. Evening revisiting the actual camp in game and wring their names to add in your site, then deleted is very ennoying.
Vats of Goo[edit source]
I meant this music folder: http://puu.sh/roX9k/6111c301cc.png
If it played in the game, it would be located here. All the reused tracks from Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout 3 are in the OLD folder, and Vats of Goo is nowhere to be found. It is located in the Fallout1and2 folder, but that folder has no bearing on ingame tracks. They're just there as a bonus, or something. --The Crimson Eagle (talk) 23:24, September 26, 2016 (UTC)
Hi there! I've found a very strange bug about the Railroads quest Underground Undercover: i had to enter the code to fix the "continue working with father" bug... immediately the Z1-14 runner came to me but he don't triggers an active dialogue and he's just keep saying "There's not time to waste" (or something like that I'm playin with the Italian version) again and again and again and he keeps following me in the institute.
Plz help me
thank you so much for your time and thank to all of you for your great work with this (you all saved me more than twice times)
About my sandbox[edit source]
A while ago I was working on a big update for the Vault-Tec Workshop settlement objects page and instead of directly changing the main page, I was editing it in my sandbox to only update the main page once it were ready. That means I have a copy of most of that page on my sandbox.
The thing is, today you edited the main page to fix a broken link, I think, and you also edited it on my sandbox. I'm completely OK with that, but I was wondering if you did it by hand, if you have a bot that automatically finds broken links and fix them or something like that, because I didn't think someone would find that broken link in my sandbox.
Oh, and something completely unrelated, but why there are so many rude and needless comments coming up today?
22:52, September 29, 2016 (UTC)
Alien (Fallout 4)[edit source]
Really a bad name I thought it wasn't that bad I'll accept it being taken down, but really a bad name. (~~LoneGunMenWander~~)
Item location help[edit source]
Is there any way to locate where paper notes would be placed using the FO4 creation kit? Been unable to find the Friends of the Lake mission log since it was brought up in chat the other night. Based on the content of the note, I thought it might be up near Lake Quannapowitt because of the content of the note and because Saugus was mentioned, but I've been all over the area and found nothing. Is it accessible in the game or is it cut content? Great Mara (talk) 03:23, October 7, 2016 (UTC)
Hello, you revised my edit on the Hidden Valley page - where I change pre-War to pre-war
If you are using the captitalised word War to refer to the nuclear war in fallout the you are using it as a proper noun as opposed to a common noun. To ensure consistency then this should be used throughout the article. Hidden valley Bunker has the phrase - Abandoned even before the war - in it, there it is not capitalised. This was the reason for my change. If we want to use War as a proper noun then the Hidden Valley Bunker page should be modified to reflect that as well, do you want to do that or should I.
Hey J. I noticed that the formatting in the "Bugs" section of the Sanctuary Hills page is way different from what I typically see in other pages bug sections. Is this normal, or should I reformat it back to the bullet symbols? Thanks, StormRider71 (talk) 07:32, October 15, 2016 (UTC)
Plastic skulls[edit source]
Hey J. No big deal, but just out of curiosity, why wouldn't the plastic skulls be notable? I know they're not useful for much, but seeing as how there are only four in the game and the only ones that are named as such, I sort of thought they were noteworthy. Thanks StormRider71 (talk) 19:12, October 19, 2016 (UTC)
Patroller application[edit source]
I joined the wiki a year ago, but I've uploaded 700 images over the past 5 months. I expect this will slow down at some point, but I'm on everyday right now. I also want to rid Wasteland Workshop, Contraptions Workshop, and Vault-Tec Workshop of their red links.
I spend a lot of time on the wiki, and I would like to see to it that the wiki is as informative and polished as possible.
Edit counts[edit source]
|There should have been a list of this user's edit counts here, but the edit counts feature is no longer available.|
ProfileTags script[edit source]
Hello! I see that you are using a old(er) version of a script I wrote a few years ago. This script has been massively updated!
If interested, please visit the Dev Wiki for information on how to install the new script.Rappy 17:01, October 24, 2016 (UTC)
Raider signal flag[edit source]
The Castle[edit source]
Js, why did you delete both the pulp and laser image I reuploaded? Just so you know they're also part of the emoticons, deleting the images results into two broken emotes, and it was also placed in my userpage just hidden with <!-- --> since it was just a placeholder to fix the broken emotes. So is there any particular reasons why you deleted it?----Cassie I can see you。✿ 04:45, October 26, 2016 (UTC)----Cassie I can see you。✿ 04:45, October 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Despite I've hidden them in my userpage before. They can still be seen on the emoticons page. I presume the emoticons page doesn't count on WantedFiles? ----Cassie I can see you。✿ 14:21, October 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Whoa, didn't expect you deleted bunch of my hidden images as well in my userpage. Can you at least restore some of them such as this one? http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:24fsplgrqbgmfjfshvC.jpg As I don't have it on my computer anymore. ----Cassie I can see you。✿ 14:26, October 26, 2016 (UTC)
The Replacement[edit source]
Spam blog post[edit source]
Uhm, hey Jspoelstra. Firstly I'd like to report something: Marine Armor ID's that were written on their pages didn't work for my Fallout (I have Far Harbor, Steam). Is it false information?
And secondly, I need to find a solution to run Fallout 3 GOTY edition on Windows 10 64 bit. It has optimization issues. I couldn't find a forum/blog post about this issue, do you know one? Thanks... SeraphLucifer (talk) 16:44, November 1, 2016 (UTC)SeraphLucifer Thanks a lot for the reply. By the way I could fix it. If you need help on that issue, I am willing to aid. SeraphLucifer (talk) 20:18, November 1, 2016 (UTC)SeraphLucifer
Firstly, Windows Live for gaming is unnecessary. You'll have to download xlive.dll and place them in Fallout 3's file, System 32 and SysWOW64. After that you have to download a file which contains a DLL, and .ini file. You'll add DLL on Fallout 3's location and for the .ini, replace it with the one in main files of Fallout 3. It should be named as Fallout_default. If you want I can send links? --SeraphLucifer (talk) 20:27, November 1, 2016 (UTC)SeraphLucifer
Vault 11[edit source]
Silver Shroud, et al[edit source]
Knock it off. You're applying the rule incorrectly. "Silver Shroud Costume" is the full name of a unique item in the game. In this case, "costume" is not a common word the way it would be in, say, "clown costume". You're wrong here and I'm not going to back down.
By the way, while I have your eyes... how about you comment your changes? I don't mean on this particular matter, mind you. I mean in general. I look at the recent changes and there are typically a bajillion of them by you and almost none of them have comments. I don't care if you're a bureaucrat on the wiki; you're not exempted on commenting your changes. If this means admitting your changes are almost all cosmetic fluff to pad your ridiculous edit count, then that's _your_ problem. You still have to comment.
BTW, deleting extra spaces after periods is a waste of time. It's a no-op. Wikia always collapses everything after a period into one space when displaying the page. Felice Enellen (talk) 19:32, November 2, 2016 (UTC)
- You keep repeating the same thing you said in the first place, yet I've told you you're applying the rule incorrectly and you refuse to respond to the qualification I'm pointing out. Shall I go change every other place on the wiki where a common word is used as part of a name as well? I'll change Cambridge Police Station to Cambridge police station. I'll change Tucker Memorial Bridge to Tucker memorial bridge. According to your definition, only Cambridge and Tucker are proper names and thus the only words that should be capitalized. There are hundreds of similar examples. Either I go change SSC one more time and you leave it alone, or I'm going to start applying your rule a lot more uniformly than you do.
- And I don't believe for a second that, if you thought it actually *should* be applied that way, you would have missed a chance to add a few thousand more edits to your edit count by doing all the other cases yourself months ago. smh. Felice Enellen (talk) 01:32, November 4, 2016 (UTC)
- ...so, wait? You're not a native English speaker, and you're the one trying to tell me, a native speaker, a life-long spelling and grammar pedant, married to an English teacher for many years, what constitutes part of a proper name and what doesn't? Do you not see anything wrong with this picture?
- Even if you discount the fact that I'm unusually picky about English form and structure, which would be unfair to expect you to know, and even if I grant that your English appears to be good and that I really do respect the energy and dedication of multilingual people, it still seems very inappropriate to have a non-native English speaker unilaterally applying grammar/spelling/style rules on an English-language wiki. Felice Enellen (talk) 17:03, November 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Nobody on a wiki should think they are trusted to make opaque edits, not even an admin with a bazillion edits. In the Recent Changes log, it should be clear what you're doing. I don't care if all you're doing is changing a hundred instances of Nuka Cola to Nuka-Cola. Why can't you write a summary for that? I mean, judging by the massive number of pages in a very small time, you're not doing it yourself. Doesn't the script/tool you're using have a summary feature?
- You are never above being visible and accountable. You're showing arrogance by claiming you are. And, like I said, being the admin, you're setting an example. Shall the rest of us just abandon summaries as well? I mean, I've made over 600 edits, and while a few have been dubious in retrospect, or challenged by someone who thinks they know English better than a native speaker, I've done quite well, by and large. I think I'm done with summaries, if that's how things work here. If you don't need to, I don't need to.
- Frankly, your attitude pisses me off, and it has done since I started editing here early in the year, and saw how you behave. Get over your stupid obsession with edit counts and admin the wiki properly. Set good examples of how to edit. Admit that you're not perfect and that unilateral decision making is not how wikis are supposed to work. I see you reverting people's changes all over the place, quite often without a summary, and if you do summarize it, I can only characterize you as unhelpful, bordering on rude. People tell me you care about the wiki, but if you think you do, you're missing the point--without the people you look down your nose at, the wiki is nothing. Felice Enellen (talk) 13:21, November 7, 2016 (UTC)
Sole Survior[edit source]
What do you mean it is careless and you'll let me find out why. By the way mister proper grammar it's I'll let you find out why not i let you find out why. LoneGunMenWander (talk) 19:53, November 3, 2016 (UTC)
I would like to apologize for the way I acted a few days ago. I will admit that I was acting childish however it was not without reason. You had been getting on my nerves for the past several edits on the manner of poor proper gramer. I feel that you handled your criticism for me fairly poorly. The reason some of my edits have poor grammar is due to the fact that I suffer from mild dyslexia. So when I type something with poor grammar it will look right to me until at a later time. So in the future rather than deleting my edit please just correct the grammar unless it is inaccurate or pure speculation. Like I said I am sorry. LoneGunMenWander (talk) 17:13, November 8, 2016 (UTC)
hello-Check it out[edit source]
(DrBodiddy (talk) 21:46, November 8, 2016 (UTC)) here. I started at the top of the wanted pages. so Medford it was.. i took it that Medford area needed to be done.. I added the areas with in Medford, i guess im saying check it out. give me some critique. im going to fine tune the tables on creatures and such. i added notes on some of them.. but hey.. its really my first crack at trying to add something worth while to this Wiki that i use more than i can imagine.
- Everett Area
- Chelsea Area
- Saugus Area
- Peabody Area
- Peabody Area
- Medford Area
i found RL locations and imposed them on the map the game. also when i researched these locaftions they had mentions of actually places in the game.. IE Saugus Ironworks.. is the first ironworks factory in boston area... i believe it said america but im not looking at it at the moment.'
Also every thing north west of Boston is ESSEX County, and expands past the playable area. You have the edits and time under you belt.. if ya feel like its out of place... then its out of place..
another note.. i see that some of these locations are thrown under Malden Township under Fallout 4 locations.. now i could change all the "xxx area" to "xxx township".(DrBodiddy (talk) 22:42, November 8, 2016 (UTC))
Happy birthday here at Nukapedia[edit source]
It seems like four days ago (maybe five, because of local time, etc) you just completed six years here, so I thought it'd be cool to leave a message here, even if a bit late.
Recently it seems like there's a lot of misunderstanding and misjudging going on here, and I kinda feel bad reading all the things people write about you or your edits.
I've been missing for a while but I do try to check what's going around here every now and then.
Just wanted to say that I really don't know that J people are complaining about and all of that. For me you've always been helpful and kind.
I really like what you're doing for this wiki. It's hard to think about Nukapedia without thinking about you, and for me that's a good thing.
You helped me a lot here, and I'll always be thankful for that.
I truly hope everyone stops simply complaining about what you're doing here and instead start to give their opinions and ask about it in a more peaceful way. I think all this criticism is quite unfair. Sure, they could be right, but why simply go straight for the arguing instead of discussing the matter and turning it into something constructive?
00:44, November 9, 2016 (UTC)
Image medal[edit source]
Ban request[edit source]
About The Radium Rifle/VG1-5[edit source]
I'd hate to waste you're time. However, about the Radium Rifle being modeled after the Volkssturmgewehr. I think the actual wikipedia link to the Volkssturmgewehr is sufficient evidence as a side by side of the two weapons shows them as being nearly an identical match save for a few minor changes made by Bethesda. I did not know the policies and rules on fire arms being restricted to devs only. I do apologies for that. If you're not a dev, I also apologies for wasting your time further. I'm not exactly an expert on wikipedia style edits so I also apologies on that. I also posted on Ronnie Shaw's page, about another matter never posted on her page that always bugged me. I'm not even sure if I did that right either, and if that is also wrong I apologies again. Kameraden (talk) 00:41, November 16, 2016 (UTC)
I would like to ask you for permission to use the picture from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fairfax_ruins Page as a Thumbnail for my Youtube video called "I should have not came here| Fallout 3 #2" on my channel Called "Ghostdog12" Is it okay to use the Picture in my video. I will credit the wikia and you in the description of the video. Please could you get back to me as soon as poossible or if you want to discuss this further you can contact me via Gmail Ghostdog12isepic@gmail.com or Twitter @Ghostdog12Ytube
Edit warring user[edit source]
This user has been edit warring on the Kiddie Kingdom page for hours now. Despite the notes being added not being noteworthy and speculation on their part. All of this while still in a conversation with Litheen on the talkpage. : http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52 Great Mara (talk) 19:38, November 21, 2016 (UTC)
tour bot[edit source]
i have on death info. 10mm ammo a chip and some steel. i have a pic for supporting evidence but im not sure if it would be the same for every game load. is it even worth adding?? (DrBodiddy (talk) 02:25, November 22, 2016 (UTC))
The Commonwealth?[edit source]
Hello JS! This is just going to be a very quick question. I've noticed that many people seem to edit "The Commonwealth" to "the Commonwealth" with a lower case "t" instead of a capital T in the word THE. So what should we edit the reference point to? The Commonwealth or "the" Commonwealth? Sincerely, Jack
Holy Frag Grenades[edit source]
100$ NCR[edit source]
Gauss rifle[edit source]
I noticed you reverted a contributor's changes to the F:NV Gauss Rifle page about a week ago. I looked into it and noticed that they had changed the baseid value in the infobox. The previous value on the page was 000dleb0, and the contributor changed it to 0015837b. I tested both IDs in-game, and the 0015837b ID is the correct one. I have re-edited the page to display the correct value. Please do not revert it back to the incorrect value a second time.
Local Maps Images[edit source]
As you may recall you left a message on my talk page a couple of hours ago regarding local maps, and that you like that we share the same uniformity with style and layout on the local maps. I've put a couple of local maps ready to be edited in Photoshop to add icons such as terminals, notes, keys, holotapes. I've managed to find every type of icon in an transparent form apart from the terminal one, I've seen you using it in many local maps for example this one: []
Would you mind sending the terminal icons, I believe there are 3 different terminal icons you have used one the local maps. It would really make it a whole lot easier if I could have all transparent icons regarding notable loot so that I later on can add it to other local maps that I edit. Thank you!
JackiBackiBoy (talk) 22:33, November 26, 2016 (UTC)
Hey Jspoel, I was just wondering why you removed the pictures I added to the articles Trading stand and Trading shop, for so to add your own pictures instead. If there is something wrong with the pictures I added, please do tell me. Maybe instead of removing my pictures, you could help me improve mine so you wont have to. I am not angered, just curious. DistustingWastelander (talk) 16:14, November 27, 2016 (UTC)
Videos on pages[edit source]
Staff Requirements (Patroller?)[edit source]
Just curious to ask, what are the typical requirements for a Patroller staff rank? I'm guessing it's somewhere on this wikia but I can't seem to find it. In any case, I'd really be interested in working toward a position like that - I play FO3 and will be getting FNV soon, and "patrolling" around and making edits on pages related to things I've done (or just hitting Random Page and doing grammar/syntax/links cleanup) is something I already enjoy doing very much.
Thank you for your time!
Thanks for replying quickly. No need to rush the rank, I'd agree on waiting till after the holidays. I'll certainly keep up the edits - and thanks for calling attention to the Help Needed page, I'll be sure to take a look at that whenever I have editing time.