- 1 Video Forums
- 2 Content Mod vote
- 3 Endorsement Request
- 4 Signature
- 5 Discord
- 6 Just a few words
- 7 Endorsement
- 8 Of the utmost importance
- 9 Drinking and wiki-ing
- 10 Character affinity
- 11 Nukapedia and Fandom/Wikia talks
- 12 Our relationship with Wikia
- 13 Nukapedia - Vault Merger: voting has reopened
- 14 Call to Action
Thank you for participating in the video forums so far.
In order to work out where to go from here, I've created another forum asking the community where our "Red line" is, and whether or not I should continue to be the point person on this.
- Hello, this is just a quick message to let you know a fourth question has been added based on the current feedback, especially from those who voted for removing the videos. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:52, September 10, 2017 (UTC)
Okay, I think its clear that going ahead with a meeting is a good idea. At this stage I would like to open the floor to agenda items. We have the following things to discuss.
- An update on any negotiations, and other actions
- Possible action to progress our case further whilst staying on network
- Possible engagement with Wikia on video in line with the proposed deal- if we should participate and whom that contact person should be.
- Possible alternatives if the situation cannot be resolved.
Please let me know if you want anything added to the agenda here
I'll be asking a number of people to speak on certain issues, but as always there will be plenty of room for discussion.
I propose that the meeting be held at 3pm North American Eastern Time on Sunday 24 September, this should be 8pm in London, 9pm Central European time, and Midday North American Western. If there are any objections please note them below and we'll look into alternative scheduling, the more objections the harder we look for a new time.
We have arranged facilities for the meeting, it will be held online. It is open to all persons who have participated in any of the video discussion threads up to today, except those employed by Fandom/Wikia inc (as this is the Community's meeting), or have been employed by them in the recent past.
Votes taken in this meeting will be taken as consensus view of the wiki, so everyone is encouraged to attend.
We have setup a discord server (Nukapedia's Fallout Shelter) located here. It is mobile friendly (via an app) and is very flexible.
Although everyone is welcome in our social space (The-Common-Room), only persons who meet the above criteria will be admitted to The-Town-Hall (where the meeting will be located). You may be asked to verify your account before this access is granted. Agent c (talk) 21:51, September 11, 2017 (UTC)
Content Mod vote
Can you update your talkpage signature in Preferences? It's set to [[JBour53|Talk]] which makes it a wrong and unnecessary red link. Should be [[User talk:JBour53|Talk]] Jspoel 21:35, December 21, 2017 (UTC)
Just a few words
It says no we’re in your guidelines that you can’t post hi/by post and also a was not gone really but was inactive. I don’t have two accounts. From vandalslay
Well, ever since I first got into the wiki I was interested in being a moderator. I feel like the d/mods are a great group, but are simply a little understaffed. So that’s a big reason I want to be a Dmod. Thanks. NukaTheCola (talk) 02:36, January 9, 2018 (UTC)NukaTheCola
Of the utmost importance
Several Californians just declared independence from the rest of the state. They are taking legal action to form a new state called "New California." Their government will be a republic form of government, which means they could presumably be called the "New California Republic" or NCR. The territory they are trying to gain rights to contains a large section of the Mojave desert.
Drinking and wiki-ing
Jbour, Clearly we need to have a chat about some of the things you said last night.
15 minutes after you posted this message, there is a deleted message in the log of you offering to show your penis, so I beg to differ.
There's also this comment which I think shows your typing skills, and judgement were not up to par
Which is pretty sexist and insulting, and you'd clearly lost your ability to type by the end of the phrase.
I am lead to believe that there were under 16 year olds in chat at the time. Yeah, I know teens know all the words, but this kind of stuff can get you in real trouble with people with more authority than I have, and I'm not talking about the wiki police.
I'm going to throw this one over to you. You're a discussions moderator. You know the rules, the rules are pretty much identical in chat as they are to discussions. So now you have a clear head, I want to know do you think these comments are acceptable, and what would you do if you were moderating someone who said them? I'm so mad and disapointed I honestly don't know what to do here. Agent c (talk) 19:50, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
- As we've discussed, a 48 hour discord ban will be applied. My wife left because of the "The downright retarded state the chat was in", and I can't say I disagree or blame her. I hope you'll be part of the solution going forward. Agent c (talk) 21:33, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
Apologies for the generic message.
This forum was raised almost a week ago to tweak article guidelines so we could get companion reactions added into the layout guidelines with the hope of achieving a consensus rather than a vote. Can you take 5 minutes to cast your eye over and give your input? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:36, May 12, 2018 (UTC)
Nukapedia and Fandom/Wikia talks
Apologies for the impersonal nature of this message, as I'm relaying the same thing to admins and people who have previously expressed a view on featured video. Forgive me if I tell you some things you already know.
We have a call scheduled with Wikia this Friday. We need your input - and the input from as many others as possible. We're hoping to settle once and for all what our relationship is, if it can be salvaged, and what the future should be, as until we settle these featured video can't be settled.
Please, have a look at this forum and tell us what you think.
In addition to looking at our own future hosting option, we've also been in talks with other hosts. Included in these is Gamepedia/Curse. We have an ongoing dialogue with them, and if you have any questions about a possible unification to the vault, please do let me know and I'll relay any similar response we've had, and if your question is a first, I'll ask the question.
Our relationship with Wikia
Hi, as you may know we've been discussing our relationship with Wikia the past few months. Now, as a user rights holder I'd like you to participate in the vote here. Jspoel 13:32, August 17, 2018 (UTC)
Nukapedia - Vault Merger: voting has reopened
As you may have already seen, voting for the proposed merger has been reopened. Voting was originally postponed so that users could better discuss the proposal, and after a lengthy conversation, that forum has since come to a close. For more information, please see the discussion itself. The post is a little lengthy, but if you are truly interested in making an informed decision, I would recommend reading through it.
Because this discussion may or may not affect how you voted initially or your rationale at the time, please review your post so that it reflects your current beliefs accurately.
This is only a notice of open polls and is not soliciting a change of vote. This is a generic talk page message intended only as for any and all voters, so as to avoid any indication of bias towards a particular outcome. Voting is slated to end on 5:01 pm November 1, 2019 (UTC).
Call to Action
There have been quite a few sweeping changes to the wiki lately, and now that the Unified Community Platform has come to fruition here, it's more important than ever for our leadership to get together and inspire innovative changes for the next generation of wiki editors/readers.
As someone who is somewhat inactive myself, I understand how life gets in the way, and I'll fully understand if many of you are unable to commit, but I'd still like to try my best to appeal to you all in getting involved in a few of our currently active projects; especially so since rights-users participating in our discussions/votes are at an all-time low, and many internal decisions are having to be made between a select few users, which is bad for building consensus on important matters.
As such, I would like to ask for you all to look into two of our most important projects right now, as it would mean a lot to me and the wiki if as many people as possible got directly involved in helping shape our future:
- The Vault Academy is a program for the training and acclimation of new and even veteran users, training them on how to get involved in the various facets of the wiki, as well as helping them build bonds with their fellow users. The program has kicked off in a big way, and we are in desperate need of more rights-users to sign on as mentors, as we're having to share multiple mentees between each mentor. If you're looking to leave your mark on the wiki, then signing onto TVA program will be your way of doing so.
- As a minor update, we now have a new plagiarism point of contact. Should you suspect plagiarized content is at play, please get into point with the user FDekker who will be the initial handler of all such cases going forward.
- We have an upcoming meeting of the minds coming up on the 20th of this month, and we need people to come forth and pitch their ideas for adapting to the recent UCP changes, and to possibly adopt some of the ideas that our new datamining friends have been pitching to us.
Thanks for your consideration, and I do hope to hear back from you all! Even if it is just some of you dropping by to check the place out and say a quick hello. 寧靜 14:12, 13 November 2020 (UTC)