| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9|
Surprised this needs to be said, but new messages go at the bottom of the page. Untitled and unsigned messages will be ignored.
Damage, ballistic and otherwise
What, no rebuttal to the fact that the Damage article doesn't support your allegation? Got your friend to lock the page, too, I see. What a pack of hypocritical cowards you are. 2602:306:3B67:1450:4C98:F77C:A9E2:34FD 01:14, January 4, 2018 (UTC)
Salem Notable Loot
About the Fat Man and Mini nuke, I didn't add them but I'll defend them. I'd say that at least the Fat Man, but really both, should be considered notable. I have a 248 hour save, and I've only gotten (roughly) 15 Fat Mans (Fat Men? Meh.), and 71 Mini nukes. The weapon itself is pretty rare, and the ammo isn't exactly commonly found (and it's expensive to buy). (Drakoriyan (talk) 04:22, January 5, 2018 (UTC))
Notice to WRVR
Say, can you check if Notice to WRVR is in the WRVR broadcast station? It should be a fixed note but I don't see it. Trying to get confirmation as a bug. Also I'd to know the platform you're playing on (I play on PC). Jspoel 22:55, January 5, 2018 (UTC)
I'm sorry, but am I missing something here? If something is waterproof, it means that water isn't going to affect it - but if turrets are going to shut down when submerged, then it means they're not waterproof. --Kazeite (talk) 01:44, January 7, 2018 (UTC)
If you remove strategy, please add it as a comment. Now the one who added it has no idea why it was reverted. Anons hardly check the policies before they make their first edit I think, or just read over it. He may become an editor in the future and being pegged back on your first edit doesn't leave a good first impression. Jspoel 14:17, January 10, 2018 (UTC)
- I do not understand the "that's like" example you used in claiming that being in command of a unit does not make you part of it. What is an "OP"? And referencing a Deck makes me think of the Navy. Specifically, now. If you are in command of a platoon, you are PART OF THAT PLATOON. If you command a company, ditto. A battalion, the same. A brigade, a regiment, a division, YES. I can't think of many instances where an officer commands a military unit and is literally not part of it.
- The only exception is with, say, subordinate units within a unit the officer commands. If you command 1st Infantry Division, for instance, you are part of the division but not part of the regiments/brigades, battalions, companies, platoons, squads, and fire teams contained within that division. In saying that commanding a unit makes you part of it, I refer to the NCR Army way, which is based off the pre-war United States Army way. And in the United States Army, Great Mara, if you command a unit you're part of it. The NCR Army is never, ever so much as hinted to operate in some drastically different way. If you are in any way referencing the Navy, toss that stuff out the window, because the NCR Army is on land and they don't do "Deck divisions".
- As a rule, it is rare, especially in army units, for a person to command a unit and NOT be part of it. Commanding officers are not some strange breed of leader that are exempt from being part of the force they command, or being like them in any way. If you command 1st Infantry Division, you wear the division insignia. If you command any unit with distinctive insignia like 1st Recon does, you wear that insignia. I'm curious as to where this Navy-sounding "Deck division" stuff comes from... --90TheGeneral09 (talk) 22:58, January 12, 2018 (UTC)
- Addition to the above: That is ALL NAVY stuff you are referring to! I speak ONLY of Army command units. An Army division is a unit typically commanded by a two-star general, called major general, and he is PART OF THAT UNIT. I could not possibly have been more clear on this. No, no, the Navy is only of limited relevance because the Navy defines who commands what and how differently from the Army! You appear to be treating it as literally the same thing, and it is not. It is shocking that I must tell you this given how you seem to know something about the Navy, but it is NOT THE ARMY. The Navy does not do everything the way the Army does. God knows I wish they did, otherwise you wouldn't be yelling useless Navy stuff at me when I have repeatedly made it extremely clear I am talking Army.
- Perhaps this, taken from Wikipedia's definition of an army division will help.
- " in naval usage division has a completely different meaning, referring to either an administrative/functional sub-unit of a department (e.g., fire control division of the weapons department) aboard naval and coast guard ships, shore commands, and in naval aviation units (including navy, marine corps, and coast guard aviation), to a sub-unit of several ships within a flotilla or squadron, or to two or three sections of aircraft operating under a designated division leader."
- And "you can drop that line of thinking right now"? I refuse. You cannot dictate policy to me. I want to tell you something else, since you clearly define all military command as it is specified in the Navy. Or some PARTS of the Navy. I can tell you that the commanders of "USS Thresher" and "USS Scorpion" sure are exceptions to your absolute rule that command of a unit means being totally apart from the unit, since "lost with all hands" includes the commanding officer. Even in the Navy, when you command a ship or a sub or a helicopter or fixed wing squadron, that's your unit and you're in it. Command of an operational unit- any Marine or Army fire team up to a division or corps, or leading a division or, yes, commanding a ship- means you are PART of what you lead. I don't know who taught you this is how leadership works but the commissioned officer who leads a platoon on up and acts like he's absolutely separate from his/her unit is gonna have a real hard time convincing those people to go into harm's way or even unload a truck because he said so. --90TheGeneral09 (talk) 00:44, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
A) An officer can be in charge of smaller divisions that they are not a part of, that is the basic chain of command. B) This organization style is carried across every military branch and not unique to the Navy. C) This conversation is taking place on your talkpage. Stop spamming mine with offshoots that aren't part of the main conversation. Great Mara (talk) 00:48, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
- A.) Great Mara, I do not need the basic chain of command defined for me. You may assume I know that. Also, I *literally* just explained that officers can indeed command units they are not a part of. A division commander in the Army or Marines is not a part of brigades, regiments, battalions, companies, etc. that are in that division. But the unit he commands DIRECTLY, the one that is most clearly his- he is a part of that. Which was my point.
- B.) Indeed, the concept of commanding a unit that has smaller units that make up the bigger unit does exist across the services.
- C.) Yes, but are you necessarily paying attention to that? I don't know. I'm "spamming" your page no more than you are mine, Navy person. --90TheGeneral09 (talk) 00:56, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
- And in addition, I have been extremely clear in making all of my commentary relevant to this. I will be glad to help clarify if the relevance of something has been missed. --90TheGeneral09 (talk) 01:02, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
- I think this has all been carried far enough. You aren't incorrect in what you've said about how some aspects of command work in the Navy, and what a "division" is by Navy terms. But from the beginning I spoke exclusively of Army/Marine terminology on such things. That was all. Yes, some things are the same across the board but at the end of the day the services speak different languages sometimes, and when it comes to Army and Navy that is most definitely the case. Something to bear in mind when what a word like "division" means to one service versus another. Your knowledge base is focused on the Navy. Mine is focused on the Army. That's where this whole nonsense conflict came from. I apologize for so drastically losing my temper and hope this has helped to clarify things somewhat. --90TheGeneral09 (talk) 03:37, January 13, 2018 (UTC)
Removed Cait Exploit?
Why did you remove the exploit for boosting Caits approval rating that I updated? It's not against the rules and it's shouldn't be up to you if people choose to use it or not. I'm going to check to see if what you've done is a rule violation, if so, I will re-reupdate it and if you continue to abuse your power, because of your own personal morals, I will be forced to report you directly to someone I know is higher than you. --JustinWillPownU (talk) 00:14, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
- K. Great Mara (talk) 00:50, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
I saw the edit on the recipes page for the Hubologists camp, I think that Anon was confused, since in a lot of countries the 1st floor is actually the second floor if there's anything above, and the 1st floor is the ground floor. Not saying the article is wrong, but there is a second floor to the place and he/she was likely confused. Perhaps just say inside the diner in the article? Just trying not to revert edits so quickly and look it at from outsiders point of view. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 23:17, January 21, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm aware that it's US based, I was just elaborating on why that anon might have made the edit, removing the 1st floor aspect and just saying inside the diner instead might alleviate more confusion in the future. Rebel427 ~ I'll be your huckleberry 01:20, January 22, 2018 (UTC)
Point Lookout Police Hat
I get that it's a minor thing, but I've seen a couple other articles that mention when a police hat is present under notable loot. Plus the police hat article itself mentions this one in the Grower's Shack. Several articles treat this at notable and I still think it should go into the shack's page.
Fallout: New Vegas CZ57 Avenger
I just pick the weapon up and there is no gun skill requirement? So I attempted to remove that figure in the wiki. Is it supposed to mean 100 gun skill or 10 strength required? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ikarosfd (talk • contribs) 07:53, February 7, 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I don't get it. what does "Ghost" mean in the sense you used it? I have no problem with your edit to what I did, but I really don't understand what you mean by the word "ghost".
Bruh, the scaling of in-game locations is just due to game limitations. In the artwork the Strip appears far larger than in game. Also, look at the artwork of Fallout 3. Even the Vaults' size should not be taken at face value as they haven't got enough space for 1,000 people. ComradeUranium (talk) 13:10, February 10, 2018 (UTC)
Sorry for my several edits. I know I can get extremely annoying. I have nothing else to do with my life besides edit the wiki and play video games. --AShatteredDream0 (talk) 03:32, March 4, 2018 (UTC)
Do you know where the name Jon Elwood-Woolum comes from? Sound more logical for it to be Jon Elwood. I can only see that name in the terminal entries, not the extra Woolum. Seems to me Woolum is the maiden name of his wife. Jspoel 21:11, March 28, 2018 (UTC)
- I have a digital guide, his name is just mentioned there as Director. I think it's Jon Elwood. Jspoel 21:47, March 28, 2018 (UTC)
I did not intend to start an edit war. I was simply restoring my original edit with added justification.
Regardless my edit (which is relevant) has now been removed twice. This is not satisfactory. How am I supposed to restore my edit without this back and forth? If I send a message to the person who revised it and they still don't appreciate the relevance am I then out of luck? I'm not trying to be difficult, I simply want to learn how to do things properly so that I can be a valuable contributor. --ThreeSecondRush (talk) 16:08, April 4, 2018 (UTC)
I've just had to do a bot run to replace a broken user signature your archive happened to be one of the pages that was hit by the fix. Just a heads up in case you were wondering why. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 00:13, April 22, 2018 (UTC)
It seems to me that the only reference to "Ruth" is in a single terminal entry. If you can prove otherwise then go ahead, otherwise it's clearly an error... :/ UrbaNebula (talk) 01:00, April 27, 2018 (UTC)
I just don't like this "one" thing. Would it be better "player character" or "Courier"'s luck? Or maybe "Use the luck skill." Or simply remove the first part. Roger555 (talk) 14:21, April 28, 2018 (UTC)
I've locked the article for the time being between yourself and the anon user. Try and work it out between yourselves on the article talk page. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 18:41, May 10, 2018 (UTC)
Apologies for the generic message.
This forum was raised almost a week ago to tweak article guidelines so we could get companion reactions added into the layout guidelines with the hope of achieving a consensus rather than a vote. Can you take 5 minutes to cast your eye over and give your input? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 14:37, May 12, 2018 (UTC)
Same as Old World Blues with the Courier. It isn't confirmed canon, is it? Also same as the various optional sex, factions, roles and ranks. It's alright with the navbox, but it should be noted in the PCs articles. Roger555 (talk) 23:03, May 17, 2018 (UTC)
Hello, one of the requests that was made quite a while ago, was a review of the notable content template, to make it clearer there is hidden content. A new draft has now been created and is fully functional. Can you swing by, take a look and give you input as to suitability/changes? Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:38, May 23, 2018 (UTC)
Please don't revert the edit on the survival mode page; the information there was wrong which is why I changed it in the first place. 2nd stage of hunger does -2 END and -1 CHR, not -2 CHR and -1 END. I just had this confirmed in game. Fynlar (talk) 10:51, May 28, 2018 (UTC)
Fallout 4 magazines
Why did you revert my edit on Fallout 4 magazines for Getting the drop on Communists and Bushes, Boxes and Beehives Camouflage Special? They both have the wrong numbers and locations. I just picked up 07 Getting the Drop on Communists in the cafeteria in the National Guard Training Yard.JeffWB311 (talk) 23:56, May 28, 2018 (UTC)
Loving your Avatar!
DEHR! High Five? YASS! Barf! Barf Barf Barf! Woof Woof Woof! https://youtu.be/MujRLvZ61jE —Preceding unsigned comment added by Dbrown1986 (talk • contribs) 10:14, May 29, 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Vault jumpsuit (Fallout 76) corrections
Okay, Please stop reverting my info, it is completely correct. I TRIPLE CHECKED IT. Trust me. I am not a shit posting dumbass who is ignorant. Please stop reverting it.
I did it. Now can you put in the correct info?
Old North Church
I have left a response to the revert at Talk:Old_North_Church#Hardened_Sniper_Rifle. It is notable because it is guaranteed even at level 2. Way overpowering a player in the early game. That's notable. Mak (talk) 04:13, June 14, 2018 (UTC)
- I very much agree it is good to keep clutter and trivia down. The addition very much satisfies policy though. Response at the talk page. Mak (talk) 05:19, June 14, 2018 (UTC)
Do not edit war
If reverting once is an edit war, then aren't you doing the same thing by reverting me? Don't indulge in double standards. Follow it yourself first and don't use excuses to try to silence me. MatthewOne (talk) 14:11, June 17, 2018 (UTC)
Discuss? When did you start a discussion? I started one later, but did you respond to it? No. Tell me what exactly was your role there? What did you contribute to the article? Nothing. Sakarette would have likely himself informed me and I would have understood, you weren't even needed. In fact he did inform me, and I understood it. You didn't even inform of the guidelines properly. MatthewOne (talk) 18:55, June 17, 2018 (UTC)
Hey look, if you don't have a problem with my edit then don't create one. And I don't have time to look at every single policy. While I don't intend to break them, it'll only take you a minute to inform me of them. As for accountability, I did accept not to do it again after being informed. What you are doing however won't solve edit-warring. Try to be more cooperative. MatthewOne (talk) 19:21, June 17, 2018 (UTC)
- I'm drawing a line under this as it is doing no-one any good. The discussion is completely semantic. Matthew, you were reverted for reverting rather than discussing, that is how edit wars begin. Mara reverted you because edit warring is poor ettiquite and as I said before, rarely anything comes of it. That lead to this discussion, I resolved the issue, drop it on both ends. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:46, June 17, 2018 (UTC)
Look before you edit
Your revert left one of the boxes of Steady addiction under "Types of Addiction" empty. That's what Quindraco was fixing. Please look what you are reverting instead of just reverting. Space is not necessary since the table will be correctly displayed regardless. MatthewOne (talk) 00:59, June 20, 2018 (UTC)
It was you who broke the table, try reading the comment above. I reverted to fix it. If that appears reprisal, I don't care. Instead of blaming me, try to be more careful with your reverts. Some of your reverts seems pointless and not contributing anything. MatthewOne (talk) 01:01, June 20, 2018 (UTC)
Will you first please read my earliest comment. The reason I reverted was because of your revert leaving one of the boxes (Fallout Tactics) of Steady addiction under "Types of Addiction" empty. MatthewOne (talk) 01:03, June 20, 2018 (UTC)
Please do not revert to page versions with *incorrect* info; instead, edit the new version if desired. Specifically, I just corrected a number of SMG pages which incorrectly listed Fast Shot in all cases and Ain't Like That Now in some cases as modifying the weapons' outputs; if you think you have a better way to portray modified stats, which was my main focus, feel free, but it is counterproductive to actively remove changes that correct incorrect info.Quindraco (talk) 20:21, June 20, 2018 (UTC)
- A) Reverting an edit that breaks the page isn't blind reverting. If there's a problem with the calculations, fix it at the source. B) Mind your own fucking business. And C) I'm a fucking MALE. Great Mara (talk) 20:51, June 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry about assuming your gender. But whenever I've reverted you, it's been because of a legitimate reason. The first revert was due to you restoring incorrect grammar. The second at Addiction because your revert broke the table. That is why I said don't just blindly revert. MatthewOne (talk) 23:15, June 20, 2018 (UTC)
As per discord
Just cos I have to make this official in case something appears later... If you can leave Matthew alone for a while and ask another admin to deal with anything of his that needs to be dealt with, I'd appreciate it. Agent c (talk) 21:03, June 20, 2018 (UTC)
I think you can find it under Miscellaneous / Formlist in the GECK. Check the EnergyWeapons and GunsList for the affected weapons. I just changed some links on the Fast Shot too, they link to the those weapons now also. Jspoel 19:14, June 21, 2018 (UTC)
then why did you add that note in Orange colored sky?? You added the spoken word notation when he said "Wow, and i thought love was much softer than that but the most disturbing sound.". I'm just trying to be consistent. if that doesn't make sense to you, then you might as well remove the notation from said page. --Godzillafan4ever (talk) 21:03, June 24, 2018 (UTC)
- It doesn't make sense, because there's no reason to clarify the obvious with words that get in the way of the lyrics. And dealing with the other erroneous page shortly. Great Mara (talk) 21:08, June 24, 2018 (UTC)
- are you saying that you are removing all references to spoken words in the song pages??
- If I come across them, yes. They aren't needed. Great Mara (talk) 21:13, June 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Are there edits that have proverbially gone unchecked? did they just add the notations without consulting the head admin, first?
- If I come across them, yes. They aren't needed. Great Mara (talk) 21:13, June 24, 2018 (UTC)
Nukapedia and Fandom/Wikia talks
Apologies for the impersonal nature of this message, as I'm relaying the same thing to admins and people who have previously expressed a view on featured video. Forgive me if I tell you some things you already know.
We have a call scheduled with Wikia this Friday. We need your input - and the input from as many others as possible. We're hoping to settle once and for all what our relationship is, if it can be salvaged, and what the future should be, as until we settle these featured video can't be settled.
Please, have a look at this forum and tell us what you think.
In addition to looking at our own future hosting option, we've also been in talks with other hosts. Included in these is Gamepedia/Curse. We have an ongoing dialogue with them, and if you have any questions about a possible unification to the vault, please do let me know and I'll relay any similar response we've had, and if your question is a first, I'll ask the question.
Simple Question just Wondering
Is see that you took out my note for Covenant. I'm not trying to be rude as was just wondering why as it was to help people get through the annoying act of scarping all the items or storing them. If you think it shouldn't be there I would like to know why please.
P.S. Have a nice day!
I'm sorry for wasting your time I had only gone on the first Policy Page I should have read more into it the other pages. I'm new to this but I still hold myself accountable and for wasting your time I'm sorry. I will read more into the policy and thank you. (Paladin Warpath (talk) 02:20, July 6, 2018 (UTC))
P.S. Have a nice day!
Curious as to why you removed my edit to the Anti freeze bottle page? Some of the other location entries mention whether they respawn and I confirmed that the Quincy Red Rocket ones do too. Could be helpful for people farming for use in crafting. 2601:242:C100:E2B1:86B:ADDC:EBED:4368 18:32, July 25, 2018 (UTC)
Pip-Boy 3000's controls in Fo3 and FNV
How do you know that the glove knob isn't being used as a control? It is most certainly true that it isn't being shown being used as a control, but it's because it's off-screen every time you're using Pip-Boy. The knob is there, and I don't think it's merely a decoration, so it must've been controlling something on the Pip-Boy. Light switch, perhaps? --Kazeite (talk) 10:58, August 1, 2018 (UTC)
- How do you know it is? To say something is being used without being able to see it is speculatory. The only controls shown being used are the knob and turn dial. - I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the glove knob does nothing? Then why is it even there? --Kazeite (talk) 20:30, August 1, 2018 (UTC)
Our relationship with Wikia
Ware's brew recipe
Why are you needlessly reverting valid edits? The apostrophe is needed to denote its slang status. The word "because" is often shortened to "'cause" just as "until" is shortened to "'til." There is no reason to remove the template. - Erik the Mad (talk) 20:48, August 23, 2018 (UTC)
- Clearly, there is no point in arguing with someone so willfully ignorant. - Erik the Mad (talk) 21:12, August 23, 2018 (UTC)
The Problem Solver
Why did you undo modification about the Problem Solver ? A PC used of Console Command gives only a none-legendary version of this weapon. It's verified.
Re:Vault 87 super mutant
Dragão Carmesim 17:12, September 7, 2018 (UTC)
Hello Great Mara,
I want to inform you that your recent reversion of High Ground does not correspond with the standards of the wiki. If any A.I. or piece of machinery in Fallout is formally assigned a gender, it is referred to as such. If a computer has been programmed to replicate a specific gender, it is noted in the bio on their character page.
As for the case in question, please refer to the P.A.M. article.
P.A.M. Her or It?
Howdy there Mara. Seems like there was a little edit war that happened over on the High Ground page today. If you could I'd like you to take a look at the talk page for the article as Tingz0r has a solid point regarding other pages describing genders; and I haven't found anything in our policy that gives a definitive answer about this situation (mind you, I mostly did command Fs looking for words like gender, sex, and robot, but still I looked). Anyhow, if you'd take a look at the talk page I'd be much obliged. Richie9999 (talk) 22:27, September 17, 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for calling my attention to that. I re-read the policy and both the glove and scrubs are, indeed, listed. Neither one of these (as far as I can tell) meet any of the notable loot criteria. The scrubs are sold by the sink and thus are in infinite supply. The glove is found commonly as random container loot in addition to the guaranteed locations. Neither are particularly valuable or meet the remaining criteria.
- I think I see what you're driving at. By that definition, they definitely would be notable as I have only seen a couple places for each that are guaranteed. Makes sense. StormRider71 (talk) 04:02, October 1, 2018 (UTC)
Settlements and outposts
I think as it stands now, the pages are confusing. The settlements pages doesn't directly call a raider outpost a type of settlement. I've made an edit to settlements page to try to make it more clear.
Honestly I was confused on rather those two achievements would trigger in a raider outpost. I tried it out in my game and it worked. I just want to keep anyone else who reads the pages from being confused.
Sorry about that Mara I guess my brain though it said creatures cause characters just looked weird for an animal and I'm a little tired. Thank you for fixing my mistake I will be more observant next time.
P.S. Have a nice day!
Sorry, I only just saw your comment on my blog now. I really need to turn email notifications back on for them.
Are you still seeing grey/missing images anywhere? I don't think it is an error of the code (as that would result in a script error or 14px link showing in place of the file. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 22:40, October 27, 2018 (UTC)
- Ah, my guess would be it was a temporary technical issue on Fandoms side. Probably just couldn't connect to the location of those images. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 01:37, October 28, 2018 (UTC)
Why do my camps always get attacked even with high defense?
I want to shoot them all with a G36C.