How do you make userboxes?DMK961 21:05, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
Image quality Edit
The image is too far away from the face, we need a screenshot that is closer Gheart 03:40, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
Fair enough, I put a new one and removed the quality template. But if you think it's bad still feel free to put the template up again. Insane! 03:49, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
No problem. Insane! 03:52, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
Already a pageEdit
Nice work spotting the double page, in the future, if a page is a double of another, feel free to make a redirect to the proper page. This is done by putting #REDIRECT followed by a link to the proper page.[[in these]]. BTW respond on others talk pages, instead of your own.JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 16:13, November 20, 2010 (UTC)
Another Question Edit
How do you do this for example: Race:African American Name:Enclave Solider DMK961 18:13, November 21, 2010 (UTC)
It Didnt Work Edit
It didnt Work look at my user page--DMK961 21:58, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
Userbox Problem Edit
I did it but it didnt show a image look at user pageDMK961 22:30, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
The Other One Edit
No the userboxDMK961 22:36, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
yes i do. never played it but its a grart game. and you are?--Scavenger of the Wasteland 22:40, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
cool, hey do you now how to upload pictures to the wiki?--Scavenger of the Wasteland 12:27, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
No problem loved the image. Thanks.--Scavenger of the Wasteland 19:45, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
List of image names? Edit
Can you give me a list of userbox pictures to use?DMK961 22:40, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
Goodsprings Gas Station Key Edit
Please do not create fake pages. There is no such item as Goodsprings Gas Station Key. --Kris 18:48, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
- On a related note, as you create pages, use proper capitalization as per The Vault:Anti-capitalization project and make sure there's not already an existing page for that item. --Kris 19:05, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, it was just the Goodsprings Gas Station key that doesn't exist, I went through the others you made and added the info from the GECK, but that one wasn't listed. Didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of vandalism. --Kris 22:44, November 24, 2010 (UTC)
If you click the image you will actually see the original size, the info box scales it down a lot more than it really should. Because the previous image was such lower res that particular info box was set at 70px, once I have updated all the images I am going to go around and change the restrictions people have previously put in place.
If you go and edit small frame page and change |px =70px in the info box section on the next line after image, to 190px which is what my images are done at, you see what I mean. ☣Avatar☣ 22:28, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
- No worrys, but nice to see people are keeping a eye out =D ☣Avatar☣ 22:36, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
Some free advice Edit
Gheart, I'm glad to see you responded with maturity to our comments. I'll give you some tips. Like I said, get involved in at least 1 large project, see The Vault:Projects. There are so many choices, choose one which fits you best. And you can look at the Things to do list from time to time and do some work there. Or find missing pages, like free quests or miscellaneous items and take some time to fill them in. Or make suggestions here Forum:Featured articles - FNV, like I did. Those things show an extra effort. I'm not sure, but am I right that writing text for articles isn't your strong point? Then switch to uploading good quality images from Fallout. That's what I like and there are still enough left to be replaced. Try to be on the wiki with somewhat more consistency (like Hal10k) and also get your edit-count up a bit. 2000 looks better than 1100 for 5 months membership. You just have to stand out more on this wiki and wait for the rollback rights, then you know you're on the right track. After that you can think of admin ship at a later time. And keep doing what you doing by (correctly of course) reverting bad edits. So there are enough possibities. Good luck!
Another tip: If I were you I'd remove the line in your application: As an admin I would not only be able to watch anon users, but also every user. It sound so 'Big Brother is watching you'-like. Best to be sticking to your own qualities instead of another one's faults.
- I read your question on the forum about the Platinum Chip. While it's noticed well, if your aspirations are to be an admin one day, in my opinion you need to know those basic things. Everyone can change it, so I'll leave it up to you; go to Platinum chip, click on the triangle to the right side of Edit and select Move. Then you can capitalize the C of Chip.
Try to get a little bit more into the technical aspects of the Wiki so that you know these kind of things. There are some help pages which can aid you. --Jspoelstra 02:04, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
- update: I see now that the Platinum Chip already exists, but was redirected to Platinum chip by User:Ausir, a bureaucrat. Best to leave it that way then, though I find it strange. The Platinum Chip is unique and therefore should be all caps. Or maybe you can ask him why he did it.
- And another update: I have used the Geck to get some more info on the Platinum Chip. It's a quest item and I have noticed just now that it's officially named The Platinum Chip. That page already exists also and was redirected to Platinum chip. I'd ask one of the bureaucrats or admins why that's been done.
I think the pages Platinum chip and Platinum Chip should both be redirected to The Platinum Chip.
Dont ever upload anything like that again
Honest Hearts Edit
Hey, just to let you know I replied to your message on my talk page about Honest Hearts. --Flower of Pock-Lips 21:29, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
Altering image size Edit
You're doing good work this evening, but I'm not happy you downsizing my images I uploaded of Fallout 3. They are fine just the way I uploaded them. Now they have a strange ratio also on the page. It's no problem the size is between 150 en 200 kb, there is plenty of serverspace. If you want to join me in uploading images of Fallout 3, no problem, but add your name to the project list and follow the guidelines I explained to User:Pu239AndYou, on his talkpage. I have already done a lot of uploading, For npc's that still have to be done, see on the project page, section Fallout 3 --Jspoelstra 22:53, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
We Must Stop Meeting Like This Edit
These quests are the names given to scripted encounters with Victor (technically unmarked quests), they just don't have pages yet. --Flower of Pock-Lips 23:55, January 7, 2011 (UTC)
Reverting images Edit
I have just reverted your changes with my rollback rights in a few clicks. You could do it also but it s a lot more work. If you want to know I'll explain tomorrow (it s late now), or you can figure it out for yourself.
The ratio of the images is ok again too, 14 to 10. This is a requirement for the images here. Knowing you are playing on an X-Box, I don't think it's a good idea to upload images yourself, because I've seen some X-box images on this wiki and they are poor quality.
Concerning participation in a project, first read the rules, then start contributing. Though you made some mistakes today, I think you are on the right track. I have made (and still are making some) mistakes too, but that's ok as long as you learn from them. Jspoelstra 00:09, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I just saw in the forum you've been given rollback rights. I already had a feeling they would be coming your way soon. Now you can use them on reverting edits of yourself and other users (just don't revert mine without good reason). Avatar has explained it below, a little addition: you can find the history of uploaded files and other contributions on your tab page Contributions. I'll let you figure out the rest on your own. And yes, you can protect your profile, but have to ask a bureaucrat or administrator to do it I think. --Jspoelstra 11:04, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually any user (even anons unless it is a protected page) can revert a page to any previous version in just 4 clicks. Simply go to history and click on the date of the version you wish to revert back to next to the users name. This will display the page as it was of that date, then make a null edit (click edit and then save without making any changes). This will then save the page as of that date and wipe all changes made since that edit. ☣Avatar☣ 01:04, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
Nominating for deletion Edit
Regarding your nomination of the "All-Purpose Science suit (fallout: new vegas)" for deletion-
The page certainly deserved to be deleted, due to a similar page already existing in the form of the All-Purpose Science Outfit. However, unless the article is nothing more than blatant vandalism, please do not remove all content from a page when nominating it for deletion, as this makes it harder to judge whether the page is worth preserving. Thanks. Hal10k (Leonard Bernstein!) 00:26, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for that. By the way, you're doing good work again today, adding and changing to some free quests I added. Keep it up, I'd say! Greets --Jspoelstra 00:34, January 10, 2011 (UTC)
- No problems here, everything looks the same as always. What kind of problems are you talking about then?
- You are being too vague about your problem, 'the white part will not work'? How does it not work, what do you see? Explain more in detail. It's probably some kind of browser option that needs resetting.
- I have had that issue in the past, cleaning out all the cache with ccleaner fixed the issue with me. ☣Avatar☣ 00:21, January 16, 2011 (UTC)
No prob, bud Edit
No problem. I support your run for adminship. Did you make it?
Character thing Edit
hay im just wundering how do you make one of thouse Character things like the one on your profile--Dam straight 23:01, February 15, 2011 (UTC)
What the? Edit
You look just like me... Are you... Dad? Is that you?!
Joking aside... This is unfortunate...
As you were the first of us here, I took the liberty of recolouring my avatar... We still looks similar, but not the same, thank god! Best wishes, your look-alike Scarface11235 19:54, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
Go for pink, I think you'll look snazzy in it =)Scarface11235 19:57, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
If you want to check to see if something is actually a item or mentioned only item, see PRO ITEM.MSG (Fallout 2). That is the resource file direct from the game that lists all the usable items in the game. 19:31, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
Back again i was away for a while playing my xbox 350 DMK961 14:57, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
OMG, you're kinda right. Same hair, glasses, similar facial build......I'm scared. -- Valoopy 00:12, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
When I make my user box thingys I'm gonna make one that says "This user looks similar to Fantastic." and have his face in the box. -- Valoopy 19:32, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
Got the userboxes. Thanks for making me aware of my now favorite one! -- Valoopy 00:36, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Im just drifting off to sleep. I noticed that Honest Hearts was in danger of being knocked off the #1 most edited page - so im, like *must change that*. Also - I must use IRC less - after 2 months of being in the top 5 for gaming, I am temporarily off the list .. (although still there for PC games - just!). Anyways - hi Gheart! And bye... sleep time :D Make sure to watch the Skyrim E3 thing if you are free in just over 2 hours time? Theres a link on the IRC channel :D Timeoin•Say G'Day•View my work•See current projects 15:58, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Aha! What's up there pal? Edit
I see your on this wiki as well. And might I add that my favorite character in Fallout 3 is the Gary clone. Ever walk around alone and the dude pops up with a "the Shining" Esque "hahaha gaaaarrry!" ? I did. Scared all hope out of me, and my friend always does it to me now....can you get a pic of Gary of him doing that angry face? Te one where he looks mad? I wanna put it up as my user profile box pic, like you put power armor for yours.
User:LukaSlayR13•"We've planted a seed, an ever-growing wonder to a beautiful tree. Grow. Each branch outstretched and different from the last (from the last)" 17:40, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
Broken Hills page Edit
I'm sorry, but I must disagree with using the Unity. That is strictly the Master and although your reasoning is plenty reasonable, I can't say I'd have it as that. What about 'Unity of Broken Hills' as a compromise. Look forward to hearing from you :) 18:49, July 6, 2011 (UTC).
Next time, when you create new pages, add a little more info to it. Like just now with the developer pages. Some more easy to access data was available at the mobygames website or wikipedia for other work. Jspoel 15:43, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm going through them now a bit to see if I can add some more info. I would appreciate it, if you would do the same before you start creating new pages.
- Sigh, you didn't sort them for last name properly, just left the same name (defaultsort) on each page. Seems like you wanted the categories for achievements. Please spend some more time to make the page look right.
Was there really any reason for the ghost people page? To me, and this might be not be right but it seems like the classifications of the ghost people would be proper nouns and should be capitalized.
my gamer tag is BIG IS B A (as spelled)
Thanks for undoing the edit because I did not intenially want to make the screen white is just happened so any way thank you.
- Dang you pretty good at Fallout!
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
"You're Pip-Boy 3000"... Edit
...is incorrect. Why did you change it from the correct word "your" to the incorrect word? --Kris 14:47, July 15, 2011 (UTC)
Put the picture on dr.dala not the voice actor sorry.
- Because when it was created after the release a user noted that in different languages that use gender specific words, Muggy uses the female.
- Yeah I get that sometimes as well, I've always assumed it was my connection (which has been had lately) It's possible your connection may be off today, or it's a general chat bug. - Samuel L. Whackson Talk Poll 15:11, July 21, 2011 (UTC)
god dang it Edit
BillyOcean is a admin .....guess we'll see for how long .. guess i'd better shut my mouth before it's too late
hey, can I get some help on how I can make a userbox, or can I at least get the link to an empty template for one?
Out of interest, is the the same Gheart I see in the Skyrim section of the official Bethesda forums?
Merry Christmas!...almost :3 Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Hey there! Just wanted to say thanks for changing my careless "Capitol" to "Capital" -Wasteland. For some reason I keep getting confused and didn't know which one was applicable here. Happy Holidays! ΣΔ 00:56, December 12, 2011 (UTC)
This is not a circular, ok so maybe it is :pEdit
MESSAGE TO ALL! Merry Christmas, hope you have a great day! If you see this, it means I love you enough to go to the effort of visiting your TP and copy/pasting this - well done :p Loves and stuff! "Even In Death May You Be Triumphant"
Don't insult Wikia or their employees. If you don't like them or their wikis, then leave. The rules for insulting other users also applies to not insulting them. Jspoel 01:05, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
Can i have your pet fluttershy? or a fluttershy baby?