Nuka-Cola image licenseEdit
Howdy! I saw that you changed the license notice of an image you uploaded, and it seems to imply that you created the image. Does that mean that you drew the image yourself rather than somehow exporting it from the game?
- FDekker talk 14:15, January 18, 2019 (UTC)
- OH. Well, it's good that I saw this finally, I suppose. Basically yes, I did create it - by hand-tracing all the original logos that I could find and combining them into one cohesive vector image (for all of the logo versions that I did).
- garwert 22:01, June 1, 2020 (UTC)
- Thanks for the response! Better late than never I suppose :P
- I'm not sure whether vectorising counts as fair use. According to this non-definitive source it doesn't count as such. I don't think we'll be sued if it isn't changed, but based on that source I think the copyright should still belong to Bethesda. You obviously deserve credit for the hand-tracing so I think you should still write your name on the file page explaining your process.
- FDekker (talk) 15:26, June 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, completely forgot this tab even exists. : ' )
- I did not 100% trace it, but pretty damn close to it, so that should be the best course of action. Thanks for pointing it out.
- garwert 18:49, June 2, 2020 (UTC)