|This page contains archived information from User talk:Branebriar1930. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
- 1 Edits
- 2 NCR casualties
- 3 NCR-Enclave War
- 4 Talk page
- 5 Adamantium Skeleton
- 6 Weapons
- 7 Battle of Adams Air Force Base
- 8 Block
- 9 Re:Promotion
- 10 Promotions
- 11 Re:Ivey
- 12 Re:DiMA
- 13 Antagonists
- 14 RE: Camps
- 15 RE: Unique weapons
- 16 Legendary weapon
- 17 Removing content
- 18 R.E. NCR energy usage
- 19 BoSh
- 20 Quincy Massacre
- 21 Editwar
- 22 Signature
- 23 New California Republic Army
- 24 Signature Tildes in Edit Summaries
- 25 Westside
- 26 Warning: Counter-Productive Edit Warring is Bad
- 27 Cass
- 28 in game quotation
- 29 Master
- 30 BoS General
- 31 Admin
- 32 Bloodworm
- 33 Sniper rifles
- 34 Weapons
- 35 Batching your edits
- 36 Aubert
- 37 City
- 38 Polite
- 39 Re:cities
- 40 Edit-Warring
- 41 Settlements
- 42 Armor edits
- 43 Commanding officer
- 44 Tone
- 45 Removing content
- 46 Re: Hoff
- 47 Little Lamplight
- 48 Pistol
- 49 Sexual violence
- 50 Armor
- 51 Undos + edit batching
- 52 Player character
Please use the preview function when editing instead of making several small edits back to mack on a page. It creates problems when trying to check over edits that are made. Great Mara (talk) 16:51, March 8, 2018 (UTC)
- You're making edits on rather important pages. I'm not saying they're incorrect, you may have done some digging. But can you add some sort of reference in the summary box so we know where the change is coming from? Jspoel 13:01, March 12, 2018 (UTC)
- You can add a summary comment in the Edit summary box at the top right before saving. Jspoel 13:23, March 12, 2018 (UTC)
The citation tags are there for a reason. Do not simply remove the tags without providing the citation that they are requesting. Doing so again, and this will be referred to an admin. Great Mara (talk) 22:41, April 11, 2018 (UTC)
It is entirely possible they've suffered less casualties than the Brotherhood of Steel. We have no idea what the losses of the two sides are like. For all we know, Lost Hills was destroyed with all hands, killing more BoS members than all of the losses the NCR has suffered combined. We don't know though, which is why it's against the rules to speculate, unless you can find an actual source. Paladin117>>iff bored; 20:39, April 13, 2018 (UTC)
- That didn't make any sense. If the NCR has the same amount of losses as the Brotherhood and they started with greater numbers, then the Brotherhood would be losing, not the NCR. But we don't know who's suffered more losses without any sources, so it doesn't matter really to speculate. Paladin117>>iff bored; 20:51, April 13, 2018 (UTC)
Fallout: New Vegas isn't my area, what I saw in your edit was "though presumably less than the NCR" Seeing as presumably is a speculative edit, I removed it. Also, sign your messages on talkpages with ~~~~, this is so we know who left the message for future reference. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 20:58, April 13, 2018 (UTC)
- See you blanked your talk page again. You have been told before you cannot you do this. See Fallout Wiki:User conduct guideline. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:45, May 17, 2018 (UTC)
- Not really, that would be like saying someone who specializes in taming out of control animals is a cyborg. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 19:55, May 17, 2018 (UTC)
The antagonised is a confirmed psyker, she uses mind control, the Animal Friend perk has not been stated to be a psychic ability, therefore not a psyker ability.
As for slightly mutates, technically everyone in the Wasteland is slightly mutated. That doesn't make them the Bethesda/Interplay definition of a mutant. I'm starting to feel like this a semantic argument. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:55, May 18, 2018 (UTC)
You added it directly above this on the page:
<!-- ################################################################## NOTICE: Weapon speculation without developer confirmation will be removed. Do not add weapon "looks like" "resembles" or "based on" without developer confirmation. ################################################################## -->
More specifically the policy: Fallout Wiki:Content policy#Similarities to real-world weapons Xa3 (talk) 15:22, May 18, 2018 (UTC)
Battle of Adams Air Force Base
I noticed an edit war was going on on the Battle of Adams Air Force Base page. If you disagree with another editor, please discuss the issue with them rather than reverting back and forth. The page will remain locked until a consensus has been reached.
- FDekker talk 16:19, May 18, 2018 (UTC)
I've had to consider this one a little before applying it, as there was no one event that would be justified a block in my mind.
The decision to block you relates to multiple incidents over the last 24 hours, primarily:
- Removing content from another users page.
- Edit warring.
- Talkpage blanking.
- Not signing talkpage messages. (This is in policy, but more an aside.)
On edit warring: this was originally removed by Jspoel in March, he isn't about now to discuss, but I checked back and there was no discussion then. If you had discussed with Level3 Rogue when he undid your edit I would have overlooked it, but you chose to redo it anyway.
On talkpage blanking: there was a message left on your talkpage the first time you blanked it, it was the last message on this page and with so few messages I don't think it would have been easily missed. I can only feel this was a willful disregard for the rules and warned you again yesterday. Again, as with the editwarring it shows a lack of adherence to the rules.
On removing content from another users user page: this was a bit more of a sticky one. Originally I thought you'd left a message on the wrong page in error, something that can be done easily. However in leaving your message you erased the pages original content.
As an aside, part of our user conduct policy includes be accountable which states talk and forum messages must be signed with ~~~~. Most of your messages are unsigned and in all honesty I wouldn't block anyone on that. In light of everything else, this did need to be raised.
Please, take the time to read through our policies. If you want to work with us, you are more than welcome to come back, you just need to work within our policies and guidelines. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 17:29, May 18, 2018 (UTC)
Hi there! To apply for adminship you'll have to be active at this wiki for three months, have 2000 edits or more and have held moderator or patroller position. Userpages edits, blog post comments and forum posts do not count. For more information take a look at this, everything is listed there more in detail. ------Cassie I can see you.✿ 11:04, May 26, 2018 (UTC)
There are requirements for getting Admin, per our Admin policy, as it stands, you wouldn't qualify at present because of the number of edits and the recent block you have had.
Check User, is a special right that Fandom has to grant us and they restrict it to 3 users. Unless on stands down, we cannot get it replaced. Who gets it in that situation depends on the circumstances of transfer. Mine was moved over, others were granted because of bureaucrat status and one person needed User backing before it was granted Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:06, May 26, 2018 (UTC)
Ivey has no major dialogue and does nothing to drive the plot. And frankly, the assaultrons and Ahab pose more of a threat than she does. She's hardly anything close to a mini-boss in comparison. Great Mara (talk) 01:56, May 27, 2018 (UTC)
DiMA isn't hostile, nor does he have hostile intent or actively oppose the Sole Survivor. The Children, however, are openly antagonistic to the other island factions. Either way, saying one is the main antagonist over the other is a subjective statement. Great Mara (talk) 01:56, May 27, 2018 (UTC)
With the exception of a small number of characters, most of them are morally grey characters rather than definitive. Mobius, Klein, Ashur, Werhner are all grey area, so to say possible still means they're not strictly antogonists. Do we call all the FO4 faction leaders possible antagonists, what about Nuka-World Raiders? The Mechanist and Antagoniser in Fallout 3?
Ulysses has more of an argument in your favour, you cannot really change to align with him, however I'd also argue he doesn't actually hinder the object, but guides you to it, with a few spanners thrown in. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:21, May 27, 2018 (UTC)
- As it stands, most of those characters are antagonists by player choice, not by developer. As such, they cannot be factually claimed as antagonists as it is down to personal opinion and choice. Sakaratte - Talk to the catmin 11:52, May 27, 2018 (UTC)
RE: Unique weapons
Lincoln's repeater is currently already listed as a variant of the hunting rifle. Whether the Deliverer is a unique 10mm pistol depends on your definition, because on one hand yes, it looks and feels like a 10mm pistol and it basically is a 10mm pistol, but unlike other unique variants of weapons in FO4 you can't use regular 10mm mods on the Deliverer. So simply saying "it's a unique 10mm pistol" is ambiguous and arguably misleading.
Additionally, to support the Bozar being described as a unique LMG, not only do we have Sawyer's post, its in-game name is NVDLC05WeapNVLightMachineGunUnique. Similarly, the Nuka Breaker's in-game name is NVDLC05WeapNVRebarClubUnique.
- FDekker talk 12:13, January 17, 2019 (UTC)
I get what you mean, but unique weapons are also legendary weapons, they have legendary effects. That makes the statement "is the only creature to always drop a legendary weapon" somewhat contestable. Maybe rewording it to say "Swann is the only named creature that drops a fixed non-unique legendary weapon" might fit better; I'm not sure how that would stand with others.
R.E. NCR energy usage
Exactly as JCB said. The Van Graff deal was a thing, and the NCR is confirmed to have purchased energy weapons. Simply because they arent mentioned blatantly in game does not mean they arent used, as they are shown to be used in the divide. Just because the enemies scale does not matter. (For example, high-level gunners in Fallout 4 use plasma and energy weapons, despite it not being a staple of the bulk of their forces).--Dankalor😳 16:59, January 5, 2020 (UTC)
I'm working on it. Needs to go one further to the right. We're getting closer. Jspoel 20:05, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
- All good now. Jspoel 20:19, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
- We don't know the rank symbol for sure. Leave it blank. Jspoel 20:30, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
Data is coming from The Vault, they've done their research on this kind of information/data I believe, not going to doublecheck it. Leave it as it is, the infobox can use that little added information there. Jspoel 14:37, January 21, 2020 (UTC)
Hey there, please don't edit war. If you don't get see eye to eye with certain edits I suggest you discuss things first by dropping them a line on their talkpage or the article's talkpage, further undoing each other will only worsen the situation than solving it. Hope this helps. --Cassie The Rodio Girl I see you.。✿ 15:20, January 21, 2020 (UTC)
- Get a neutral admin to step in so they'll be able to deescalate the problems. For now avoid editing the same page until both parties agree with one another. --Cassie The Rodio Girl I see you.。✿ 15:56, January 21, 2020 (UTC)
Can you check your signature when you leave comments on other people's talkpages? It's making a mess at the moment. Jspoel 16:58, January 21, 2020 (UTC)
- You're using your signature as a header. Something's not right there. Look at it, ok? Jspoel 18:14, January 22, 2020 (UTC)
New California Republic Army
Signature Tildes in Edit Summaries
Howdy there Branebriar, how's tricks?
I noticed you leaving a "-~~~~" in the summaries to your edits. I figure you're trying to sign your edits, or at least that's my best guess. You can't sign edits. When you make an edit to a page and you hit the publish button it automatically gives you credit, meaning you don't have to sign that. Beyond that, the edit summary area doesn't support the signature thing meaning any summary you leave like that just shows up to other folks as "-~~~~". Going forward please use the edit summaries to instead explain what changes you made to a page to keep other editors in the loop. Thanks
I agree with you, it's too long. If you feel you can trim it down, you can remove/reword/shorten (the less relevant quest) pieces. Do it with care plz. Jspoel 16:41, January 23, 2020 (UTC)
Warning: Counter-Productive Edit Warring is Bad
Hey guys, we've noticed that you have been clashing with another user regarding the content of Quincy Massacre and other pages. Your actions constitute a textbook example of edit warring. In the spirit of fostering a healthy environment, we are issuing you the following:
- 1 (one) official warning regarding your behavior. Come on, you both know better.
- 1 (one) official recommendation to seek productive ways of resolving editing conflicts, eg. using the article's talk page to explain your issue with the article as it stands and seeking a way to improve the article through rewriting, citing, or otherwise enhancing it.
Reverting changes, even with the most detailed summary, is considered passive-aggressive at the best of times. Seek consensus using the tools we already have at our disposal.
Thank you for your understanding. Now, back to editing!
In nomine Administrati,
- Tagaziel 15:31, January 24, 2020 (UTC)
in game quotation
Ok thank you very much, I'll make sure not to do that. If I'm doing anything else wrong. Please tell me.
He is mentioned though, more or less I suppose, by a super mutant: "One day I will be Master. And will show you all." Jspoel 15:05, February 8, 2020 (UTC)
I am a member of the old vanguard - don't mind the edits, I've gone through quite a few account changes, is all. Good to see you on the wiki, btw - I'll be looking forward to seeing you more around the place. 寧靜 13:21, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
Hello again - there was recently an inquiry put forth into your latest edits, and after looking at your contributions to the Bloodworm article in particular, I feel it necessary to suggest that you condense your edits more when making them within such a short time-frame.
It constitutes spam otherwise, and makes it exponentially more difficult for other editors to go through the article history and pinpoint what they're looking for. Thanks for your time, and happy editing. As an alternative, when making quick, short edits, you can always check the 'Minor edit' option to the top-right, which will help clear up the Recent Changes of maintenance edits. 寧靜 20:58, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
- Basically, I'd just like to ask that instead of making 10+ edits to the same article in under an hour (changing just a few words per edit), that you make just a single large edit, instead. Otherwise, please tick the 'Minor edit' box when making numerous changes to the same article. 寧靜 21:54, February 11, 2020 (UTC)
- Why haven’t you added it? Great Mara (talk) 11:52, February 12, 2020 (UTC)
There may be some exceptions, if there's only one weapon or so in the add-on, thinking more about it. Just leave summary comments, these are important pages. Jspoel 18:52, February 12, 2020 (UTC)
Batching your edits
Hi Branebriar, would you mind as far as possible trying to batch up your edits when you're making multiple in quick succession to the same page? I know it's not always possible because sections on some of the pages are pretty big, but when it's multiple in a single section it can make it difficult to look through. I've just had to hunt through the Aubert ones to try and find the reference which you broke. Thanks! --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 11:27, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
- No worries. I know sometimes the pages are kinda awful to navigate through in source editor :) --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 11:32, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
Can you please explain the changes you made to this article? There are a few issues that I'm seeing:
- We just had a talk the other day about you making fewer edits per article, but your edits aren't showing what I would call an improvement.
- Why are you removing references? We keep them at the bottom of our articles so that we can have as many of them as possible - as long as the information is informative and not redundant, you don't need to be removing any.
- While removing references, you broke the ref tag, and another editor was forced to follow behind you and fix it. If you break an article, then it's your responsibility to fix it, even if it means reverting your own changes until you figure out what went wrong.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matter, though. Because while I appreciate you taking the time to try and improve the wiki, there's a lot of room for improvement from your end. 寧靜 20:09, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Here's the problem: This wiki isn't just for you. It's for the hundreds of thousands of daily readers coming to this wiki to discern even the tiniest of details. What you might find mundane, others will find vastly interesting. With references at the very bottom of every article, it's not a problem at all to have as many of them as possible, so long as they are of high-quality.
- If you're more worried about references being spammed in the main body of an article, then the better solution is always to re-write the article, rather than mass-deleting content. 寧靜 21:58, February 15, 2020 (UTC)
Just put locations that are strictly meant as neutral cities or town there I think. If the criteria is set wider, those aren't really cities anymore. Page is a bit vague at this moment anyway, what is and what is not a city, rather hard to define. Jspoel 14:33, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
- Leave summary comments plz. Helps others understand your edits. Jspoel 16:22, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
No matter your grievances with JCB or other folks, it sounds unwise to demand someone "Just leave" in your edit summaries. I understand getting frustrated but chill it down a bit. Assumption of Good Will is a policy here after all. PS, Remember to sign talk page comments. I figure this stuff is better for a rando to say than to get pulled up by an admin. LovinglyGaslight (talk) 23:55, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
- Just thought I'd put in a word, because I locked the City page for edit warring. Like Lovingly said, I understand that it can be frustrating at times, and I even agree that some of those areas like the tribal village aren't really cities. But telling someone to "leave this page" isn't the way to resolve things. The discussion can be taken to the talk page in this case. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 23:58, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
Briar, I wasn't telling you what to do, I was trying to give you advice so you don't get pulled up by an admin who will undoubtedly tell you what to do. As for getting involved, I kinda like this wiki, and I think its the responsibility of all the editors here to advise and help in order the ensure everything goes across smoothly. This is a surprisingly team-playing hobby. Either way, try to be more cooperative for the wiki's sake and your own sake please, it can only go badly if you don't. LovinglyGaslight (talk) 00:06, February 17, 2020 (UTC)
Indeed I checked, I think them by all the metrics on that page to be classed as a town or city. Though the page is a bit misnamed I must admit, I'd argue a more fitting one is "Settlements" if we go by the description at the top of that page. Regardless, there were also some locations I still think fit that were a part of that restoration, such as Paradise Falls, Meresti Metro Station, and The Nucleus. There are a couple that I think are a bit "iffy", the Gray being one you mentioned, but the Sierra Madre doesn't need residents to be classified as a city in the same way Boulder City doesnt need residents to be classed as a city. LovinglyGaslight (talk) 00:23, February 17, 2020 (UTC)
- You're right, those locations probably could be added. Though I think Tweaking needs to be done on that part requiring residents then, being as it being there means Boulder City doesnt qualify as a city, aswell as most locations in Fallout 76. LovinglyGaslight (talk) 00:31, February 17, 2020 (UTC)
After some review on the City article, it's been decided that you, along with JCB and Gas, were participating in an edit-war that resulted in the article being temporarily protected from further editing. The fact that it got to that point is pretty concerning, and it needs to be addressed.
I'm sorry to have to do this, but you were given an edit-war warning within the past 30 days, and as such, you'll be receiving a 3-day site-block. In the future, if you have an issue with what another editor is doing, then you need to take your issues to the article's respective talk-page. If that doesn't work, then a mediator needs to be brought in to help determine where to go from there.
Once your 3 days are up, I'd like you to message me. You obviously have passion for the wiki's content, and editors are an important resource for us. If you'd be interested, I'd like to get you set up on The Vault Academy - let me know what you think once you've given it all a look. 寧靜 20:27, February 17, 2020 (UTC)
- For those exceptions I would include a referenced citation about the ownership, otherwise I would argue that the settlers/Nuka-World raider factions are ultimately the owners of said settlement. Great Mara (talk) 16:25, February 26, 2020 (UTC)
There are outfits that allow armor pieces, and the addition on the mechanist armor page makes it seem like it’s not inherently outclassed by clothing and armor segments.
Regarding Mobius’ scrubs and the bounty hunter duster, the characteristics section of the pages are for stating the characteristics of the page subject, not comparisons to other items. Great Mara (talk) 16:17, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
- That is incorrect. Outfits that can accept additional armor pieces are denoted in the Free Armor Slots column. Great Mara (talk) 16:32, February 27, 2020 (UTC)
Commanding officer is not a rank. It is a role fulfilled by the person in charge of a command and can be assigned to those of different ranks depending on the command assignment. Furthermore, you've been warned about edit warring multiple times. Great Mara (talk) 21:58, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
- Commanding officer is a role, not so much a rank. So I'd go with Great Mara's description of role. You still have most of your edit intact anyways. Jspoel 22:26, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
I wouldn't use comments like "get off my back", it may get you some unwanted attention from admins. You seem to be making good progress here, so keep on the right track. Jspoel 22:12, February 28, 2020 (UTC)
I ask that you read Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census before you go removing content. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 15:48, March 1, 2020 (UTC)
- It referencing the game guide, but if you want to change all those refs from just official game guide to wasteland census, you're welcome to. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 15:55, March 1, 2020 (UTC)
If the game contradicts the game guide or vice versa, then the content that's in the game should go in the Background section. The content from the game guide shouldn't just be removed though, it can be moved to Notes with a tidbit explaining that the two are different. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 16:12, March 4, 2020 (UTC
thanks that's what i thought. Would you mind looking at the hoff page and suggest how the background section could be changed? everything there contradicts his in game personality. (its all from the game guide)--Branebriar1930 (talk) 16:39, March 4, 2020 (UTC)
- Still, I'm not sure if the description you provided would be entirely accurate. I don't really see how his dialogue is jovial, and the script notes describe it as sinister. If it contradicts the game guide, then the new description should also be sourced. AllYourFavorites! (talk) 16:52, March 4, 2020 (UTC)
I would've probably let it stay, though it wouldn't quite pass I suppose. Problem is it makes you ponder about the reasons why and that's kind of interesting but also speculative, people may start guessing and adding reasons why. We try more to stick to the facts here. But it was well intended I understand. Jspoel 18:16, March 4, 2020 (UTC)
I'm ok with the pistol page as it is. It's a nice summary of all overview pages with the term pistol, which you can click already for more specific details on pistol. We don't need it more specific in my opinion. Jspoel 15:33, March 7, 2020 (UTC)
Sexual violence is one of those facts of life and tools of war that is hard to talk about and address, but I believe it should be addressed for the horrible thing that it is and how it is perpetuated by the human species instead of burying it. Josh Sawyer says formspring ref I used in the article about why is he chose to allow the depiction of it so heavily in FNV, not because it's meant to be edgy but to show the depravity of humanity in a post-apocalypse and to further tie in with Fallout's key theme of "war never changes". It's just as valid to talk about the persecution of homosexuality, so to discuss sexual violence done by groups and others to oppress others.
Also I don't believe we should ignore environmental storytelling. It's one of the few advantages video games have over other mediums and to throw it away because nothing is outright stated is a waste and disservice to the wiki and the designers who spent time making the environments. Devastating DaveZIP ZAP RAP 19:34, March 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Not at work I can’t. And I fix things as I find them on workdays. Great Mara (talk) 17:39, March 15, 2020 (UTC)
Undos + edit batching
Hi Brane, when you undo an edit it would be really helpful if you left an edit summary to explain why unless it's obvious vandalism. Helps the person who has their edit undone understand the reasoning and also makes them aware of any relevant policies which they may be unwittingly breaking.
Also, I know that multiple people including myself have mentioned this to you previously, but please try and batch your edits rather making 4 or 5 in quick succession. It makes it really difficult for other editors to see what has been changed on the page. Thanks. --L84tea Would you like a cup of tea? 11:10, March 16, 2020 (UTC)
You're making mistakes with changing you to player character, making the grammar wrong. Latest example is Kings' Gambit. I'll let you look for the mistakes and correct them. Personally, I wouldn't make it a priority changing all the yous in pc though... Jspoel 15:00, March 20, 2020 (UTC)
- If you can check the other quests you've done, that would be nice. Jspoel 15:01, March 20, 2020 (UTC)
- I think the whole changing from you/player into player character is akward but I guess I can't stop the guidelines being put into play. I'd leave the bugs anyway, no one will mind seeing you/player there if you ask me... Jspoel 16:13, March 22, 2020 (UTC)
- Reading 50 times 'player' or 'you' in one section reads better then 'player character' for me. Jspoel 16:25, March 22, 2020 (UTC)
- I think the whole changing from you/player into player character is akward but I guess I can't stop the guidelines being put into play. I'd leave the bugs anyway, no one will mind seeing you/player there if you ask me... Jspoel 16:13, March 22, 2020 (UTC)
Sorry, I didn't see your message until I finished editing all of the named white springs vendors.
Honestly, I didn't even know there was a messages function on the wiki, also thank you for telling me about the brackets thing, I'll try to remember to use it in the future. :3