Greetings, Avdexg, and welcome to the Fallout Wiki!
Thanks for adding all that content to the overview pages. These kind of pages are the most viewed, so especially updating the Fallout 4 ones is important. Nice, and I hope to see more! Jspoel 13:54, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm going to edit the Fallout 4 weapons overview page (or other overview page) in a minute, so we might get an edit conflict if you're on the page as well. Before you save, it's best to select everything with copy, then (try to) save. That way, you'll still have your content if we conflict. Jspoel 14:17, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
Fallout 4 Perks!
Nice job on that reorganization of the table, Though we usually tend to stick strictly to the benefits rather than the description with perks, I really like the effort you put in to improve the page to better fit the game!
You undid my edit on the magazine perk ranks, but we *know* some of of them are wrong - for example, Grognak certainly has more than 1 rank/issue. Why have a default of 1 when the only ones we know for certain uniformly have more than 1 rank? And why set Grognak to 1, when we KNOW it has 10 ranks?
Citation on Grognak being 10 issues: https://bethesda.net/?hootPostID=126c189405d88511b926274e25f079f2#en/events/game/fallout-4s-character-system/2015/09/24/31
Thanks for the edits. I am curious, from which video was the info taken?
Also, please mind the edits, the appearances sections are not updated.21:02, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
Just hold on a moment. I've blocked you for 10 minutes, because:
- Some of the names of the articles are incorrect
- All appearances section mention "Radio Tower 3SM-U81 only appears in Fallout 4".
- All locations seem to have the same tag (landmark) and category (Boston Buildings), which I doubt it is true.
All I ask is some clarification and that you stop a bit and try to think through the edits before publishing them.21:08, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
- You need to change the appearances section to the correct name. Now I need to check and correct every page you make. Jspoel 21:09, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
Come now, you are now toying with us. Since when is Boston supposed to be written with a lower-case letters? Same applies to other names. Just saying that some words should be capped, according to your average English grammar.21:36, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
Where did you find all these location names? Jspoel 21:39, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
I am not certain why are you naming the articles with uppercase letters. It is still not right.21:43, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
Try to find a pattern to name the articles correctly, for all the articles are uppercase. And not all of them require to be so.21:50, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for your work here. You've done a few things I had planned to do just before the Fallout 4 release, like updating the Fallout 4 Portal list and those missing perk pages. Saves me a good amount of time to do other things. Keep up the good work, as they say! Jspoel 22:23, November 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I'll see about those IDs. Still working on the fly.
Still haven't got my...As we speak the doorbell rang, delivering my copy of Fallout 4! Finally. Now let's see if I get around to playing it. Not sure about that. Jspoel 17:29, November 10, 2015 (UTC)
- I'll see about those IDs. Still working on the fly.
I'm giving you patrollers rights. You've done good work out of the box so to say, like the holotape overview page and the vault suit overview today. You have a talent for this and we can also use your technical skills. As a show of faith these rights, who knows the next step admin. Jspoel 00:23, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Chat mod powers are gone again, you had them temporarily. Jspoel 16:46, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for doing the keys page. I was going to do that but I'm glad to see it's already done. I'll create some links for it. Jspoel 16:52, November 13, 2015 (UTC)
I've recently been uploading footage on youtube of any bugs encountered on Fallout 4 for Playstation 4, and then updating the appropriate articles on this site. Well this time I have 3 bugs to deliver, but I need to check in with one of them just to make sure it isn't already posted somewhere. Both bugs relate to when a player's settlement gets attacked.
1. During battle, the miscellaneous objective will mark itself as "completed" before all enemies are killed.
2. After successfully defending a settlement from an attack, if you interact with any of the settlers, they will ever fully complete their "thank you" dialogue speech.
3. After successfully defending a settlement from an attack, interacting with any of the settlers may cause you to be stuck in an infinite dialogue camera. The player can walk away, but they will be unable to press any other buttons other than "Options". The only way to fix this is to reload a save.
I've got it all on film, and am currently in progress of uploading it to youtube for everyone to see. My question to you is in regards to the third bug. Has this bug already been noted? I would like to know before I add this to the "Fallout 4 settlements" page just in case.
This message will be posted to multiple patrols for a faster reply.
- The Destroyer
Happy new year!
I would like to use the Christmas/New Year-wishes-tradition, though I'm a week late, to thank those around me who kept this wiki and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have people like you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you who is dear to you. I hope you'll have a great and healthy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:06, January 6, 2016 (UTC)
Call to Action
There have been quite a few sweeping changes to the wiki lately, and now that the Unified Community Platform has come to fruition here, it's more important than ever for our leadership to get together and inspire innovative changes for the next generation of wiki editors/readers.
As someone who is somewhat inactive myself, I understand how life gets in the way, and I'll fully understand if many of you are unable to commit, but I'd still like to try my best to appeal to you all in getting involved in a few of our currently active projects; especially so since rights-users participating in our discussions/votes are at an all-time low, and many internal decisions are having to be made between a select few users, which is bad for building consensus on important matters.
As such, I would like to ask for you all to look into two of our most important projects right now, as it would mean a lot to me and the wiki if as many people as possible got directly involved in helping shape our future:
- The Vault Academy is a program for the training and acclimation of new and even veteran users, training them on how to get involved in the various facets of the wiki, as well as helping them build bonds with their fellow users. The program has kicked off in a big way, and we are in desperate need of more rights-users to sign on as mentors, as we're having to share multiple mentees between each mentor. If you're looking to leave your mark on the wiki, then signing onto TVA program will be your way of doing so.
- As a minor update, we now have a new plagiarism point of contact. Should you suspect plagiarized content is at play, please get into point with the user FDekker who will be the initial handler of all such cases going forward.
- We have an upcoming meeting of the minds coming up on the 20th of this month, and we need people to come forth and pitch their ideas for adapting to the recent UCP changes, and to possibly adopt some of the ideas that our new datamining friends have been pitching to us.
Thanks for your consideration, and I do hope to hear back from you all! Even if it is just some of you dropping by to check the place out and say a quick hello. 寧靜 14:12, 13 November 2020 (UTC)