There's not much in Australian PC Powerplay Magazines Fallout: New Vegas preview that we haven't already gleaned from other articles since E3, but here goes:
- New Wild Wasteland trait, which unlocks wackier variants of existing content.
- From a design and technical point of view, it made sense not to continue the story of the Lone Wanderer.
- New Vegas is a fortress.
- Sidequests may be more rewarding than the main quest.
- Critical path is only 20% of the main game.
- Epic moments, like Liberty Primes trip through DC, will litter the critical path.
- Unique dialog for low intelligence characters.
- Survival skill, for cooking at a campfire.
- Certain drinks will dehydrate you in hardcore mode.
- Some classic Fallout 1 & 2 energy weapons will make a reappearance.
- Some areas may have vegetation.
- Still unconfirmed as to whether or not Dogmeat will be back.
- Converting a mod to work with the new tool kit will require some work, but is relatively simple.
- The G.E.C.K. tool kit will ship with the PC version of the game.
- This is the Fallout game that Chris Avellone and Josh Sawyer wanted to make.
- New Vegas will bring some closure to the events of Van Buren.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.