More non-Fallout polls this week from yours truly.
This Week's Trivia
"Blackwork" is a type of embroidery, traditionally with white linen and black silk thread, hence the name. It uses lots of geometric patterns as its designs, though "modern" varieties can have freeform shapes (think outlines of fruit, for instance) filled with the standard geometric shapes. Blackwork came from Spain and was very popular in England in the 16th century when Catherine of Aragon married King Henry VIII. Blackwork was used on clothing and bed covers (what extravagance!). Remember that they did this all by hand. I can't imagine how long it took them to do bedspreads!
I do embroidery, and am actually planning on making a quilt with embroidered squares. Fingers crossed that it turns out right!
This Week's Fallout News
Last Week's Polls
If you could have super powers (imagine super strength, the ability to fly, bullet-resistant skin, etc.), but the price of having said super powers was that you lost all your good memories, which one would you choose?
- Super powers. I suppose you could always make new memories and be bad ass, and I always wanted super powers, but...
- My good memories are few and far between, so I'm pretty good being normal and keeping what few good memories I have. Good memories are often referred to as "treasures", after all.
Are you superstitious about the number 13?
- Maybe. Maybe you need something creepy to change your mind?
- Yes. I can't say I've ever been superstitious about 13. American hotels supposedly (ones that are large enough, that is) never have a 13th floor or 13th room, but I've never been in a hotel that large (much less stayed in one, ever), so I couldn't tell you if that was true or not.
- No. Friday the 13th and anything with the number 13 on it will never scare you then.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!