Ah, my bed. I have had it for...I think since i was 6? It was huge for me then, but now i barely fit in it (its a twin size). The padding wore off years ago, and I have layers upon layers of foam pads to combat the springs coming to get me in my sleep (either poking me or nudging me). And they aren't even dull-tipped; they're sharp. Bad design flaw. I flipped over the bed but its only a matter of time until that side of springs gets me, too. I'd buy another mattress, but they're expensive, and we don't have that much money in the first place and no way in hell am I going to get a used one! I guess when it gets really bad I'll either be sleeping on an air mattress or a bed made from folded blankets as a mattress.
This Week's Trivia
"Ticking" was the old way bedding used to be. Rich people had feather beds (a large rectangle cloth sack with a drawstring that was filled with stuffing); poorer people tended to have straw ticking. I.e., their mattresses were chock full of hay. It got changed every year or so, but at least straw bedding didn't have springs to come and get you when the padding wore out...
This Week's Fallout News
Project Arroyo continues moving forwards. The friendly folks down on the project have most recently put out some teasers for their recreation of The Den, and y'all can take a peek at them below. For now, the area is still a work in progress, so the buildings are fairly dark.
I hope the pictures come out as intended.
Last Week's Polls
Is "human kindness" diminishing over time?
- Comment and it was present in only a few people. That's actually quite sad.
- You don't think it is. I know that there seems to be far more people these days with the mindset of "what's in it for me?" like StormRider pointed out.
- It is. I fear what the world will become in future generations.
When you enter Megaton for the first time, what do you do?
- Comment and shoot up the place. Intrepid explorers! I hope you have enough stimpaks and ammo if you're straight out of the vault. If not, come back later. Chinese pistols pack quite a surprising punch when you're low-level.
- Talk to the sheriff. You can avoid him if you're good. I usually avoided him once I got the hang of the game, then came back later to do the quest to get the Megaton house.
This Week's Polls
That's all, folks!
THAT'S ALL THIS WEEK! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME, LEAVE THEM ON MY TALK PAGE!